2151 Airline Drive
Bossier City, LA 71111Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.2johnsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3188415646
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch: Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, French
- Executive Chef: Joshua Wilkinson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live grand piano music Tuesday-Thursday 6:00pm - 10:00pm and Friday & Saturday 6:00pm - 11:00pm.
A word from 2 Johns
2 Johns presents an elegant fine dining atmosphere with a dark cherry mahogany wood bar, outdoor patio, white tablecloth dining, nightly live grand piano music to set the mood, local artistry, USDA Prime steaks, and all the trimmings of an elegant restaurant. The signature dish is Steak Au Poivre, although the restaurant also features fresh seafood entrées, elaborate desserts, appetizers and several different salads.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
2 Johns - Best Restaurants in Bossier City ›
2 Johns reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)romantic (71)notable wine list (49)fit for foodies (34)vibrant bar scene (32)neighborhood gem (31)hot spot (28)good for groups (25)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/20142Johns was one of the most enjoyable dining experiences that I`ve ever had. Everything we tried was delicious: Lobster Risoto, Shrimp and Grits, Pork Chop, Trout, and Creme Brulee. It was perfect to celebrate our wedding aniversary.Special Features:
- Best Place in the CityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This is the best place to go for any occasion. The staff is knowledgable and friendly. This should be a regular spot on everyone's list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightSHV2HOUDined on 8/29/2014This was my 2nd dinner at 2Johns. It did not disappoint. My fried green tomato salad was amazing. For dinner I highly suggest ordering the roasted corn. Perfection! Bread pudding was also great. Our waiter was good and knew the menu well. I suggest using the valet as parking can be difficult to find. I will be back.Special Features:
- The Best DiningCPGLDined on 8/29/2014This was our second visit to 2John's. It was another great dining experience, and I will be looking for another reason to cross the river to Bossier! "This is how food should taste" my husband and I agreed. We celebrated my husband's birthday with friends. The steaks are the best you can get in the Bossier/Shreveport area. I had the trout and it too was prepared perfectly, moist and flaky. The blackberry cobbler dessert was decadent. Thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere to eat and visit with friends. A great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColoranDined on 8/29/2014Food was pricey but good. Service was excellent. Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 johns what if there were 33johnDined on 8/27/20142 johns is so good!!! I can't help thinking what if there were three johns. This restaurant is the best food and atmosphere in all of Shreveport bossierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ExperienceExcellentDined on 8/23/2014This was the first time we had experienced dining at 2 Johns. We had heard a lot about the restaurant and the food. Everything we heard about the great food and service was correct. We were offered a place close to where the music was to be played and refused that offer. We received very good service up to the point where we wanted to pay our check. Getting the check was a little slow but we didn't mind. We were visited by a Manager and he was pleasant to talk to and recommended other menu items for us if we chose to return. We really enjoyed our dining experience at 2 Johns.Special Features:
- Terrible specialPiaffeDined on 8/19/2014Microscopic goat cheese on salad overwhelmed by dressing. Special Chilean sea bass poorly presented, very thin cut and not flakey as described by waiter. Crab meat tasteless. Dish was cold. One guest sent his fishy salmon back. Cocktails were divine as was the crab au gratin.Special Features:
- Nice menu selectionMac2BDined on 8/15/2014Although the meals are a little pricey, this is one place you will get what you pay for. The food was excellent. There was a wide selection of seafood items as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedPortlandOrDined on 8/15/2014Food was decent but obscenely overpriced. $45 for a 4 X2 steak?Special Features:
- great experience!ebonyDined on 8/13/2014It was great! I bought my boyfriend for his birthday and he loved it! Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loyal CustomerFine2dineDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I always enjoy our evening at 2Johns!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Great food and great service. Can't ask for anything more out of a restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerEWHSDined on 8/9/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner. The service was excellent and the food was very good. We both had steaks and they were cooked perfectly. The sides we delicious (mac & cheese & scalloped potatoes). The portions were ample so we skipped dessert. They were very busy that night and we had to wait at the bar for 40 minutes, but the bartenders were very friendly and checked on our table status for us every ten minutes or so. They also gave me a mini wine lesson on a bottle of GREAT wine they suggested that was not on the wine list. That was an added treat and I discovered a new amazing wine! Overall, it was a lovely anniversary dinner! (P.S. they had a piano player in the bar and he was great!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best EVERYTHING!!!ANJ23Dined on 8/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary. Made reservations online and was seated within minutes of our arrival. The staff were all very friendly and courteous. Our water glasses stayed filled and our table stayed neat and clutter free the entire time. The steaks were to die for! We were so please with the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it gets in the areaTallahasseeTomDined on 8/8/2014Food was marvelous: snapper and tuna. Could improve the crab cake with more crab and less frying. Frequent customer, John does a good job. Very noisy when full, hard to talk with table guests. So, just eat Excellent food selection and service.Special Features:
- Consistantly good food & serviceTerryDined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent. We had the same waitress as we had two weeks ago and she is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in Bossier!JennNVIPDined on 8/8/2014We love 2Johns. We love the food, atmosphere, and service. Everything on the menu is wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantbirdloverDined on 8/7/2014went there for my 10 year anniversary. the service was nice. the house wine i ordered was ok. food was good, except: i ordered Steak AU Poivre, one of my favorite dishes, however, when they served it, it was not sliced. i guess i need to request that next time, but at all restaurants i have ordered that before, it is always sever slice, and then in the kitchen, they drizzle the cognac/peppercorn/cream sauce. anyways, i will ask that next time. only real and legitimate complaint i can make about the restaurant was my wife;s dish. she ordered a chicken dish, and the spinach that came with it (WOW), seems they must have pored a pound of salt into the spinach while they were preparing it. i mean, it was saltier than sticking sea wSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wonderful musicfab4VIPDined on 8/1/2014We love 2-John's - the owner will always make it to your table and let YOU know our business is appreciated. We enjoy our visit with him. They have Large selection of fresh foods daily - I tried the shrimp and grits - the only problem, I wanted more- A delightful dish and makes you say mmmmmgood with each bite- my friend ordered crab meat baked to perfection and covered with a light wonderful cheese - WOW! Try the fresh chicken salad . Fresh soups served daily ! One note: We could not hear the music - I went to the bar to listen, he is wonderful! we may need to move our table - the waitstaff is the best in the country - WE Love Catherine! Treat yourself and have lunch at 2-John's - a very relaxed atmosphere is a big plus! - Marilyn RechSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Best steak I have ever had and at age 74 I've had many. The shrimp were delicious. Excelent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...Ace350Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and enjoyed our time but left not completely satisfied. Our appetizer was wonderful and our entrée was good, but could have been better if our steaks would have been prepared as ordered. We did not send the steaks back because we were somewhat in a hurry.Special Features:
- Birthday surprise dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Delicious food with extraordinary service. A dinner surprise for my wife's birthday. The busboy received a separate tip for his great attention to providing refills of water without being asked. Our waiter Robbie was excellent with recommendations and service.Special Features:
- Great Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Wife and I had dinner here on a Friday night. Bar was great, food and service were even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top choice !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/20142 Johns is simply excellent. We have been there maybe a dozen times now. It is in our top five spots to eat. We drive 50 miles each way to get there !! Love the bar and music !!! The food is consistently excellent. John, the owner, routinely stops to say high and will give interesting info on the food and food sources and availability as well as other info. It's a great personal touch that is rare. We look forward to our next visit !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks that can't be beat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Very good food! The steaks were amazing and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- john holtjohnVIPDined on 7/15/2014Always awesome. Waitress Katharine and owner John are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a date nightMelsdinerDined on 7/12/2014My Husband and I went there for a date night. We arrived a little early and had a martinis and wine at the bar waiting for our table. The bartender was very courteous and answered all our questions on the drink specials. We especially liked listening to the live piano player. That is a very nice touch. Once seated our waiter Ron was fantastic! We started out with the calamari and for the main course both of us had steaks. It was so delicious! If you like wine they have an excellent selection to suit any pallet. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendedbyafriendDined on 7/12/2014The shrimp and grits is a must! Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special Night!GlynnDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at 2 Johns. It was our first time to eat here and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was excellent. The food was amazing. The atmosphere was just right. We couldn't have asked for a better restaurant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseBunny73Dined on 7/10/2014Had a girls night out and we decided to try 2 Johns. I must say the food and service was good. I definitely recommend the spinach risotto. My favorite dish of the night. It is a bit pricey. I got the special and it was $63.00 and that threw me for a loop. Expect to spend about $85.00 per person if you order alcohol.Special Features:
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We arrived early for dinner with friends. We sat at the bar to relax and enjoy a drink. That's exactly what we did, unwind from the day. We really enjoyed visiting with the two bartenders ( sorry we didn't get their names). The owner was sitting at the bar enjoying a glass of wine with a friend also. From there we were seated and the evening only got better. Our server was an adorable lady that was very knowledgable. The food was fabulous and the restaurant is beautiful! We had a wonderful evening and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014One of the best restuarants I've ever eaten at with absolutely delicious food. The 24 oz cowboy cut ribeye is the best steak I've ever eaten and I've eaten a lot of steak. My wife and I go there about once a year for special occasions and always look forward to it. Ask for Greg, he is a top notch server. My wife and I just went this week and we will be back next yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular since Day OneEStreeterDined on 7/5/2014We are always welcomed always leave happy. The favorite restaurant of my wife and I! The calimari, the shrimp and grits, the steak au poive, the flourless chowcolate cake. The above is my favorite meal on the planet! Served with a great wine by Greg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specail OccasionUandMEDined on 7/5/2014The back room was great, secluded and quiet. Robbie gave us great service and got our menu modifications. Great filets, grits and fried green tomatoes are wonderful. Definitely one of our favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for two!ForthewifeDined on 7/2/2014I was impressed by every aspect of this restaurant. I will definitely be back and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious fresh seafoodfab4VIPDined on 6/27/2014Try the trout - it is amazing. Catherine our server was very accomdating - and our service was 5-star. What a great restaurant for our area,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!BentongirlDined on 6/26/2014Wish there was more Reisling wine options! Food and service is always amazing! We go once a month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome for Shreveport/ Bossier2for2JohnsDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I had no ideal this restaurant would be so great. The food, service and the staff just wonderful. The steak was cooked to perfection, no sauce needed. The lighting and music just right for couples. A must for all couples, groups and individuals who want to be in the hot spot for Shreveport/ Bossier City. We enjoyed 2 Johns and you will too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in ShreveportMarkVIPDined on 6/24/2014The menu was rather small. No "classic" Louisiana food choices. Sea bass was great though. Worth the visit.Special Features: