416 Applerouth Lane
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.2centskw.com/
- Phone: 3054148626x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Monday- Sunday 4:00- 6:00 pm
Dinner: Monday- Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chris Otten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Special Events, DJ"s , Live music on Sunday night
A word from 2 Cents
A Neighborhood restaurant and Gastropub,serving inventive and elegant dishes from James beard award winning chef/owner Chris Otten. Happy Hour Monday-Sunday, 4:00-6:00 featuring discounted snacks and FREE BACON on the bar. Dinner service 6:00-11:00 Monday - Sunday, Sunday Brunch is a locals favorite served from 10:00-3:00. 2¢ has a little something for everyone. Craft beers,craft cocktails eclectic wine list selected by Manager/Sommelier. Champagne cocktails, and Beer Shakes! Full Liquor Bar! Classic CocktailsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
2 Cents - Best Restaurants in Key West ›
2 Cents reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (17)great for brunch (7)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Quality & pet FriendlyMIAFoodieDined on 8/23/2014The freshness,quality and creative combination of the ingredients were evident in the taste of the food. Look to their daily menu for ideas. As a bonus, they are also pet friendly in the courtyard.Special Features:
- Great SurpriseHappyofKeyWestDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I had a great meal on Saturday night. The food was delicious and definitely recommend the Pei Mussels. Great restaurant tucked away off Duval Street.Special Features:
- WOW - I am a fanDarreninthe212Dined on 8/22/20142 Cents was able to take my large party on a Saturday night. We all (11 of us) had an amazing meal. The food was fantastic. I had the Thai Chicken and Waffles and they did not disappoint. An explosion of decadent flavors. I highly recommend them. Many people had the hibiscus and jalapeño margarita and they raved about them. There was not one misstep. Everything was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent TapaskaiaVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had salads (large) and small plates. It equals a meal! I will never have a roasted beet salad again until I revisit Key West! Superb. We sat in the bar for airconditioning. Bar can get noisy, but AC is worth it in August.Special Features:
- UniqueJEDEYWVIPDined on 8/10/20142 Cents features what appears to be - at first glance - a traditional Sunday Brunch menu - but everything has a little NON-traditional twist - which makes the experience fun and tasty. My 'Egg in a Hole' was terrific, and be sure to order the 'coffee and doughnuts' for a kind of dessert - you'll be amazed and pleased with what they bring you! Will certainly be back there. Brunch served ONLY on Sunday though. Two-for-one mimosas too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cutting edgeTampafoodiesDined on 8/8/2014We go to 2¢ every time we are In town. Layla is always making some new cocktail with the freshest ingredients. The menu is always cutting edge. We were bummed the curry shrimp with succotash was not still on the menu but the roasted cauliflower hummus more than made up for it. They could easily be a James beard winner. They are doin it better than anyone in key west.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different appetizersHANDMGVIPDined on 8/1/2014The variety of appetizers was not only plentiful but unusual. Not the usual fare. We had marinated olives (to die for), soy and ginger wok pea pods((delicious), roasted cauliflower humus (so different), and perfectly cooked bacon (needs no description). All was above and beyond and was too full for dinner. Next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates, big tasteroastbeefDined on 7/29/2014Very interesting takes on classics. Food is very flavorful. Great spot off on Duvall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Not Great!!2SnobsDined on 7/13/2014This is a great concept. It had a hip Key West feel and the decor was unique. The service was good and the craft cocktails were tasty. We were a little dissapointed with the food. The dishes were good but not amazing. They lacked the wow factor but would pass for the casual diner. We are a little harder to please but feel that with a little more passion the plates could be great!! We will give them another shot the next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Great fun food!LisaaLisaVIPDined on 7/12/2014I enjoyed 2 Cents. The menu is creative. The salads are were delicious. We had the beet salad and the kale salad. We also had a cauliflower humus which was great. For the main course we split fried chicken and waffles and fried rice with shrimp. We were smacking our lips and having fun eating! We split the chocolate cake for dessert and enjoyed it. The drinks were not good. they sounded creative but were a disappointment. The spritzers were refreshing if that's your thing. The ambiance is pleasant. The wait staff was very nice, but there was one waiter, and a host for the entire restaurant. This made the service spotty. The bar tender was on her own and I understand that is pressure, but she was rude.Special Features:
- Off Duval and totally awesome!AuspilotDined on 7/11/2014A great departure from the tourist fare just a block away, 2cents offers unique gastropub grub, curated cocktails and friendly staff. Don't go if you're in a rush as you'll miss the point of this place. Sit, sip and savor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key West brunchCardsDined on 7/6/2014Classic eggs Benedict & Huevous Ranchero are a must. Bloody Mary's served w/ house made mix and house made donut whole perfect for the morning after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place!Jem06dVIPDined on 5/25/2014Food was great, amazing Bloody Mary, staff very accommodating.Special Features:
- Local Find with Unusual FlairScooterVIPDined on 5/11/2014We finally tried 2 cents after seeing that the place was packed in July. They have a very creative menu that is great for sharing. The dishes are so unique and really do treat your taste buds with bursting flavors. The Kale Caesar, home made potato chips with french onion dip and Chicago Hot Dog are not to be missed!!!! Every dish is placed in its own category. You know its good when this is the place the locals go!!! Ask for Bobby, an excellent waiter that is very helpful and we can't wait to see again. We will be back!!!!!Special Features:
- Hidden GemLuv2dineDined on 5/8/2014Stopped in for early dinner (hard to find a good early dinner place in Key West) before going to a play with two friends. Table was waiting in cute outdoor courtyard. Menu is very eclectic, something for every gourmet in your group. Prices were reasonable and wine list was ok. Our waiter was great and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 97 reviews are from the 2 Cents reviews archive.
- Top Notch Meals in a Casual SettinglocaldinerDined on 4/19/2014We have visited 2 Cents twice; once for brunch with a group of ten, another time for dinner for two. Brunch was uniformly delicious. We ordered many different appetizers and main courses; everything was excellent. The dinner menu includes starters, salads, sandwiches and entrees. The entree selection is very limited, but there were also two entree specials, which we ordered -- one was salmon with spring vegetables, roasted leeks and blueberry compote; the other was marrow-encrusted tenderloin steak with roasted potatoes. They were fabulous. The portions were just right -- the focus is on quality, not quantity. Don't let the casual atmosphere fool you -- this is not a hamburger joint. Service was great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- what happened...sisterDined on 4/12/2014Used to be a great place. Now more like a tavern menu than restaurant. Service incredibly slow. One hour and 25 minutes before we got the first appetizer! Drink menu and quality still very good but we will not be back!
- Hidden GemjCityDined on 4/11/2014The venue/atmosphere is great. The small dining area has a great feel to it, very unique, very Key West. The service was great with friendly and helpful staff. Menu options and specials covered a wide range but were not over-reaching. Good sized portions. The Edamame Hummus and Kale Cesar were fantastic as were the Tile fish tacos. The bar offers a good wine/beer/cocktail list to complement any dish and the dessert menu will easily satisfy your sweet tooth. All in all, a great find..think I'll go back again before this trip is complete. Easy walking distance from Truman Annex or Duval.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!sgray1978Dined on 4/6/2014When visiting Key West in April, we made a reservation for 6 at 2 Cents based on a recommendation from a local bartender. We were not disappointed. Our table was waiting for us when we arrived and we were seated outside on the patio. Service was quick and our waiter was quite helpful in recommending and explaining the dishes. The food was upscale pub food--it was not your average serving of wings and nachos. There was a nice variety of small plates and entrees which allowed to us to sample a good bit of the menu and there was a nice selection of wines and craft beers. A nice way to relax at the end of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nite outDianaDined on 4/2/2014A girlfriend and I met there for dinner. We had an awesome dinner and superb service. Nice variety of food and food types as well as small and large plates. And we didn't need to take out a second mortgage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect and uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2014Wonderful perfect dinner. Unique menu that is different from all other restaurants around. Best meal we had in key west by far!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best brunch in Key WestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/30/2014A treat for brunch! An imaginative menu--everything outstanding--but particular favorites are Huevos Rancheros, Fried Chicken and Waffles, and Hash Browns. Relaxed, funky setting. Kitchen can be slow for a big group (ours was 12 people) but attentive wait staff will keep the drinks coming. A tiny gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagicalDisappointedDined on 3/27/2014A perfect off the beaten path restaurant true to the Key West style. Wonderful food, service and ambiance. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FindWds0410Dined on 3/26/2014My wife and I found this quiet little neighborhood gem off of the Duval Street mayhem and were warmly greeted. We arrived a bit early so our table was not quite ready so we were invited to the bar where we ordered a couple of cocktails off an inventive menu. After a few minutes we were escorted to our table and a truly splendid meal ensued. My wife had great fish tacos and I had a fish special that was cooked perfectly. We liked it so much we went back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem just off the main draglexsVIPDined on 3/24/2014Just a half a block off Duval St, this local gasto pub was the perfect spot to enjoy local ambiance,great food away from the tourist madness of Duval Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureFoodblokeVIPDined on 3/24/2014Always a pleasure to be served this innovative fare by cheerful and knowledgeable servers. A good portion of Quack Quack Duck Nachos to share and tender Calamari, which never is enough but so good. The excellent cocktails and availability of simple aperitifs and other popular libations not easily found, is so refreshing.Special Features:
- Interesting experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2014we visited on an off night, place seemed understaffed with only one server, one bartender and a hostess. Even with all of them working together time would have been an issue for some people. Place was pretty busy for week night with a great outdoor dining area. We were in no hurry, relaxing, enjoying our evening, so we ordered two drinks at a time and were patient. The edamame hummus and duck nachoes were awesome, one guests ordered the fresh catch of day, which was fried snapper. Snapper was good, not great. Everyone else stuck with more appetizers and thouroughly enjoyed mahi tacos. Would definately go back to try more menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Kale SaladVickiHDined on 3/17/2014If you love kale salad, this is one to try. One of our favorite places to go in Key West. Excellent staff. Pet friendly, they always bring our little cocker a dish of water with ice.
- Great Spot for neighborhood diningTMarkVIPDined on 3/13/2014Excellent food and service. The ambience is fun and funky and the food is creative and delicious. Try the Quack Quack nachos for a start then go to the PEI mussels or the steak frites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent food, bad servicePghFoodistDined on 3/11/2014Started at the bar as we were early for our reservation. Bartender was cursing the manager because he asked her to, well, work. She kept complaining audibly. Finally sat in restaurant and server was inattentive, not offering water and not returning to check on food, drinks, etc. Food was good but not write home about status. Not recommended.Special Features:
- Worth the VisitReggieVIPDined on 2/28/2014We visited 2 cents on a Friday and were seated before happy hour ended. So we rolled the dice but did not get a discount because we did not roll a one, two or three. Oh well, the pinor noir was wonderful and I had the burger with bacon jam and blue cheese but first had the truffle fries - fabulous. My husband had a cocktail and then a Palm Amber draft with his beef filet - delicious! Nothing negative to report, we were not hurried at all, definitely would return. Overall, we would say that it is a very cool place.Special Features:
- Key West GemZManVIPDined on 2/25/2014Nice change from the hustle and bustle of the Key West touristy restaurants. A James Beard Awsrd winning chef with great dishes like the mussels in curry sauce with jalapeño peppers and the pork belly with stuffing and cranberry relish that was to die for. Great atmosphere and great service. Please move this restaurant to your number one dining spot when in Key West. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- We had multiple apps, thelikeisayDined on 2/21/2014We had multiple apps, the chicken pate, the quail egg w/ sausage was to die for !!Special Features:
- Good food, hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2014This is a very nice little restaurant, off the beaten track just a little. Friendly decent wines, good food and certainly worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time here. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2014Second time here. Food was eclectic , yet the children loved it, too. Their new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Hidden in plain sightFoodblokeVIPDined on 2/15/2014Located on a lane off of manic Duval St is this oasis of calm, outdoor tables with laid back service. Menu is innovative gastropub and seems able to deliver on most accounts. Creative cocktails with fresh ingredients, variety and a thoughtful wine and beer selection make for unique foodie experience. Def not the same old same old with familiar local ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularRiversDined on 2/14/2014No other word to describe 2Cents A Gastropub beyond compare.Take time to visit you will be amazed!!!!!!! I have not had a bad meal here and you will be glad you tried this Restaurant it is the best of Key WestSpecial Features:
- neighborhood gem in Key westOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Loved this little spot...the artichoke and jalapeño pepper dip was wonderful...we just had apps and wine... excellent all around! A gem in the middle of noisy Key West!Special Features:
- A disappointing brunch.luvtoeatDined on 2/9/2014Had a friend here from the Chicago area, and thought 2 Cent would be a fun place to introduce her to Key West. Well, I had asked to sit in the garden area but had to be seated in the small bar area. The place was terribly understaffed---so, we waited quite awhile between ordering drinks, entree,coffee etc. To be honest, we finally gave up on the coffee. And to make matters so much worse were the 6 people sitting at the bar. They were loud, rude, and obnoxious. Would I go back? Don't think so.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodRiversDined on 2/9/2014The brunch was incredible A really great place to eat.My only complaint was it took a long time to pay the bill as the servers were just swamped.We wanted to move on to open up the table for others to enjoy the wonderful food our server was really trying to service as many as he could and he was just overwhelmed.I saw several diners leave because they couldn't get the attention of waitstaff to get a table.This is a worthwhile place to eat I have made reservations again they just need more help a minor inconvienence be patient the rewards are well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.