2293 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1kept.com/
- Phone: (404) 254-1973
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from 1kept
Where Peachtree Creek meets Peachtree Rd, tucked away behind the shopping building, sits 1KEPT. A new blend of American Cuisine and southern influences, with cocktail creations to make you glad you were born post 18th Amendment. The open kitchen and warm interior brings memories of your "Ma's Meatloaf", with a blend of reclaimed woods, antique typewriters and a cozy bar, you will feel right at home. You will know you've found the right synergy of culture, edge, polish and posh between the butcher block tables and tufted chairs. Seats 62 and perfect for early drinks, dinner, or evening cocktails that bring poetic inspiration among friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
1kept - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
1kept reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (45)hot spot (31)romantic (30)special occasion (28)vibrant bar scene (25)notable wine list (11)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fabulous food and serviceTechgal23Dined on 3/8/2014Four of us enjoyed the excellent food and refreshing service at 1Kept. Flatbreads are good. Venison, flatiron steak, and pork tenderloin excellent. Two of us had eaten there before and had enjoyed the scallops. If you like red velvet, you must try the red velvet cheesecake. We will go again to try more items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, service and ambiencebjdatlDined on 3/7/2014This was our first time to 1Kept. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess and took note of the very cool decor. The feeling of the restaurant was laid back and friendly but with an eagerness to make our experience an unforgettable one. Kate was our server and she was beyond awesome and friendly and very helpful in suggesting cocktails and menu items. She was very knowledgeable of the menu and her recommendations were spot on. The rest of the staff we interacted with during our stay were so friendly and pleasant. We tried a variety of apps and entrees and everyone was very satisfied with their choices. We left feeling as though we had just left a friend's house after a great dinner party. We will definitely be back very soon!Special Features:
- Great FoodcarlcaneDined on 3/7/2014Great Food, difficult to find the parking lot. Need better signage...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!MattDined on 3/1/2014This restaurant was a recommendation for a perfect date night restaurant; he couldn't have been more correct if he tried!! Although it can be a little hard to find, if you are not looking carefully, but it is definitely worth the find! Outstanding food, unbelievable service (always important to me!), and the perfect atmosphere! Go give it a try! You will NOT be disappointed!Special Features:
- Energetic new spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/18/2014I had heard lots of good things about this new restaurant. I enjoyed the meal and the server was very knowledgeable about the ingredients in the dishes. She recommended nice wines to complement our entrees. Will definitely go back again soon.Special Features:
- All around greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went to iKept with 5 other friends for a Valentine's Day hangout. Had never been before, and LOVED it. The drinks menu was fantastic (apple pie moonshine thing was AMAZING). The flatbreads were great (I'm not even a fan of mushrooms, or artichokes-- some of the ingredients on a couple of the flatbreads-- and I ended up still eating them, they were so good!). The entrees were perfect-- I had the scallops, which might have been the best scallops I've ever had. And dessert was quite good-- flourless chocolate cake looks like a small portion but I left the restaurant stuffed. Embience is cool, not too loud. All in all, a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Space, Good FoodFoodFinderDined on 2/13/2014Scooby Snacks - good, but chicken was a bit dry / Florentine Flat Bread - good, but nothing special (I think the mushrooms were canned mushrooms - fresh would make this better) / Fried Yellow Tail Bits - very good! Drinks were great (nice pour by the bartender!!) & ambiance was as well! Our server was nice, but a little pushy & persistent in trying to get us to order more food. We just wanted a relaxed dinner amongst friends with cocktails & bites - wasn't out for a 5 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienxeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Best Shrimp and Grits in the city!! Service was great and good came out fast despite a busy night at the restaurant! Ambience was nice, although it was kind of loud. Drinks were original and I will return! Thanks!Special Features:
- NOT Worth the HypeSusanaVIPDined on 2/7/2014Friends and coworkers raved about this place. While it is young, chic, and modern, I ultimately judge a place by the food, and it was soooo disappointing. Kale salad was just ok. The scallop dish was a complete beige bowl of under-seasoned food. The steak dish was not cooked properly, with some chewy fries, and a charcoal-burnt sauce. Did not have a satisfying meal, but if you prefer a loud and vibrant scene better suited for large parties, this is your place. Service was good; seating was fast. Plenty of people will say it is fit for foodies, but we found the found marginal at best. Will not come back.Special Features:
- Amazing food, great service!MadVladDined on 2/1/2014I could write a 10,000 words about how great this place is. I will spare you. Go check out 1Kept for yourself. I promise you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2014Had dinner with my family the other night at 1Kept. What a fantastic experience. Great food served by a helpful team that met our needs but did not hover. THey made great recommendations to two of the guests in my party that made the evening even better. Flatbreads were a great way to begin, we all had different entrées that were enjoyed by everyone and finally dessert was outstanding - red velvet cheese cake for me. Thanks to the team for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeMLG00Dined on 1/25/2014The bar was fun, drinks and wine list great. Their martini was delicious and had high alcohol content. The bruschetta awesome. We had 2 flatbreads and they were really not very good. We had 3 different entrees and they were all great. The chicken was unique and delicious.Special Features:
- We enjoyed ourselvesDBenedettoVIPDined on 1/25/2014The old Toulouse has been removed and 1Kept did a great job bringing it very up-to-date and giving it a sleek, industrial look. We food was done very well even if it was slow to come to the table. Our waitress did not seem sincere in her concern for our enjoyment of the evening, but we enjoyed the place anyway. The food was done very well and we plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great ambienceRaulDined on 1/24/2014Interesting menu, good food, good wine selection, excellent decor/ambiance, and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not see anyone at theJorgefromCubaVIPDined on 1/17/2014Did not see anyone at the restaurant below 35. That's fine. Wish we had known that ahead of time. Food was fair and the noise level with bad music not tolerable. At the risk of anyone thinking I am an over the top old person that is not the case. Good I guess for that age group.
- disappointedeasygraderVIPDined on 1/9/2014We waited 35 minutes to be seated for our 7:30 reservation with very little communication from the hostess. The food was mediocre and service was slow. It will be a long time before we try 1kept again.
- DisappointedFoodieVIPDined on 1/7/2014We had reservations for a party of 9 and were seated immediately upon arrival. We waited almost 45 minutes for our meal and it took our server 30 minutes to let us know that the food was delayed. We then waited another 5 minutes for one of our party to receive her entree. There was also an issue with the ventilation so the front door was kept open and the outside temp was below 20 degrees. This created a draft so it was very cold at our table. No one ever came to our table to ask or address this. We never saw a manager and did not receive any compensation for these issues with our experience. Disappointing since I had read so many great things and took so many people to the restaurant.
- NYE Dinner - Surprisingly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013Was looking forward to the delicious full time menu and was slightly disappointed when I received only the NYE menu, these feelings soon went away as the food arrived. The ambiance was perfect for starting the special occasion off and the drinks were on point with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new addition to theOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/17/2013Great new addition to the Atlanta restaurant scene. Tucked away behind a building on Peachtree Street so a bit hard to find, but free parking in the lot. The restaurant used to be called Toulouse a few years ago but the interior has been completely redone and is very up to date with reclaimed wooden floors and a beautiful bar area. The food was excellent and the menu varied from small plates, flatbread pizzas and regular entrees. Our party of 4 all had wonderful meals. Service was spotty and a bit slow which is the only negative we had. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Nice addition to the neighborhoodJimmyDreDined on 12/13/2013Quaint dining spot with a larger bar area, that was very energetic on a Friday night. Typical bar with "custom" cocktails which were tasty, especially their take with the Kraken Stormy. Food is very good, better than many of their peers in the area. Definite repeat, with being in walking distance. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousWaltDined on 12/7/2013Food was delicious an service was very attentive. Deviled quail eggs and mussels appetizer were both wonderful. I loved the fish and grits. Fish was perfectly cooked with a terrific crusty skin. My wife had the short ribs risotto which was rich and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!PeachesDined on 12/6/2013The food was delicious especially the mushroom flatbread and chicken snitzel. We had a perfectly evening until the last few minutes which still holds a bad taste in my mouth. We had just paid the check when the manager arrived at our table. I thought he was going to ask us how our evening was and if we enjoyed our meals and the service. No none of that was said and instead we were asked to move our conversation to the Lounge area as they had other customers needing our table. Never in all of my dining experiences has this been a request and if it was it was handled with politeness so that it was not a black mark on the evening. This is my first restaurant review. Hopefully it will be my last!
- Outstanding experienceBobaki62VIPDined on 12/1/2013Our first time visit was last minute choice, celebrating a birthday with a brunch-could not have been more pleased. The food was special and perfect, the staff attentive and friendly, and that lovely bartender served up killer Bloody Marys and Mimosas. Can't wait to return to try the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We shall returnByrnesyDined on 11/23/2013Great first experience. Tasteful, not over done decor. Waitstaff at the bar and table, kind, engaging, and professional. Had a great corner table and we could actually talk, hear, and enjoy our friends. Food yummy!Special Features:
- ExcellentBrianDined on 11/23/2013Great service and great food. Will be back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be Back; with Friends!EnjoyingLifeDined on 11/16/2013Being new to Open Table, & having found 1Kept on the site, we were a little reserved with our expectations. However, the other reviews on the site convinced us to give them a shot! We are extremely glad that we did! Arrival time seemed to be the "perfect time" to arrive. 5:30pm on a Saturday w/ concert to attend at 8pm, as there were only 3-4 other parties dining at that time. "Detective Belinda" was an awesome waitress & her knowledge of the entire menu, & ability to relate the dishes to us was fantastic! We enjoyed the Waygu Flat Iron Steak & a pasta dish with a name I couldn't begin to spell. Both were amazing! We will definitely be back, with friends! great find! PS. Not as hard to find as some on the site indicated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good atmosphere. YouExperiencedEaterVIPDined on 11/9/2013Very good atmosphere. You can have a private conversation even though there is a good energy to the place. Lots of tables of 20ssomethings having their pre-club dinner/drinks but also tables of 30/40/50's scattered around - nice mix. Food is very good and reasonable for Bhead. Cocktails - order from menu to get a new take on a drink and you will be pleased.Special Features:
- I'll keep comin' to 1KeptMediationMommyDined on 11/6/2013Not much I can say but how wonderful the service was and to name each person individually would take up the entire review. So I will just say - service is AWESOME!!! I had a great glass of Malbec and the Quail egg appetizer is incredible.I am not a big game meat eater, but the meatloaf had a steak quality not gamey and the flavor was great. I sampled from all the plates (except scallops - shellfish allergy) and I must say they were each divine. I think I will get the risotto on my next visit! The combination of flavors and unique blends make it a repeatable experience. I regret not having asked about linking to their website for notices of any specials or menu changes. I am not a FB person, but if I were this would be a like on my page!Special Features:
- Great Brunch2fungurlzDined on 11/3/2013Had a fun brunch! Started with the Florentine Flatbread, it was crispy and flavorful. Then shared the bagels and lox and fruit and yogurt parfait. I enjoyed that they assembled the bagel and lox. Parfait was delicious but a little smaller than expected. Best thing is the mimosas are only $3 and are a nice size! Overall great service, food, and ambiance! I recommend going here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST KEPT SECERT IN OOKHAVENDANNETTEDined on 11/2/2013I TOOK MY DAUGHTER FOR OUR MONTHLY MOTHER/DAUGHTER DINNER. WE WILL DEFINITELY GO AGAIN,EVERY THING WAS OUTSANDING INCLUDING OUR WAITER CORY(OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid BBrookwood1VIPDined on 10/30/2013With Holman and Finch right up the street, this is a tough neighborhood to stand out in. Deviled quail eggs were great. flat bread was not crisp and loaded with too much stuff. Veal meatloaf was well, meatloaf. Nothing bad here, but nothing special. nothing I couldn't make better at home, except the eggs. Not much reason to go back.
- Fun venue!KAtlantaVIPDined on 10/29/2013We really enjoyed our meal with friends on a Tuesday night. The noise level I read about from previous diners was not bad at all. We had a fantastic corner table for 4 and could easily carry on a conversation. Although the small bites on the menu were very small for the money, the rest of the food was perfectly proportioned for the price and delicious! The mussels were yummy as well as the short rib risotto. The owner came over to our table and was very interested as to our thoughts on the food and wine. Our server was very attentive. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Pointless to have reservationsJeb0084VIPDined on 10/18/2013Hostess couldn't have cared less we had a reservation. It was not that busy yet we had to wait 30 Minutes to be seated. Food was good- loved the kale salad and had the trout. I wouldn't mind going back to try it again but I'm hesitatant of their ability to honor reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service, but very loudwhencanwegoDined on 10/17/2013Tables are very close together, and no sound buffers, so very loud. Hard to find parking lot, as the sign that directs you down the hill makes it easy to think you should turn into the condo parking lot. They need another sign at the foot of the hill that tells you to turn left. Food we had was good, mussels for app, scallops for main. Wine OK, but expected a bit better at $11/glass.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty treat!DalmatianDadVIPDined on 10/15/2013Delicious dinner, great service! Started by sharing truffle popcorn and warm kale salad with a bottle of wine. Then moved to to short rib risotto and seared scallops, all perfectly prepared! Topped it off with a creme brulee. Then the chef was so kind to send out two complimentary glasses of sparkling rose. Two clarifications - when they say it is tucked away behind the building, they mean it. Second, while there is plenty of meat in the short rib risotto, there are no ribs. After 10 hours braising, it's all cooked down to the essence of flavor.
- goodMikeDined on 10/5/20131Kept is a fashionable bar/restaurant that starts to get very busy and noisy after 8. The food is good (not great) but very enjoyable. Our server was a little slow but no problem. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Good vibe.RachelCDined on 10/5/2013The restaurant offers sophisticated dishes without being pretentious. The menu consists of lots of “can’t go wrong” choices – short ribs, scallops, meatloaf -- while adding unexpected twists in the ingredients (e.g., pickled lemon) that make each dish and drink special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talley's Two CentsMrBenjaminDined on 9/27/2013The food was excellent, the wait staff was very professional and the ambient was inviting. I would recommend 1Kept to anyone and we plan to make a return visit.Special Features:
- Loved it! Had a part of 7KarenVIPDined on 9/26/2013Loved it! Had a part of 7 and all will come back! Food was fabulous, nice atmosphere great service. Glad I found 1kept on Open Table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be coming backelif4gtDined on 9/19/20131kept was FANTASTIC. First of all, it's location is very cool in the way that it is hidden. It was a lot of apeal from the outside and the inside is even better. We went as a group of 6 and were placed at a spacious table with very comfortable seats and a great view of the bar and the kitchen. The drinks were great (read: strong but delicious!) and the food was even better. We were big fans of the ambiance and inside decor and were impressed with the technology (iPads everywhere.) The short rib risotto was SO GOOD that I am still thinking about it 3 days later. I highly recommend a visit as I will definitely be returning and am excited to try it for brunch!Special Features: