2293 Peachtree Rd
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1kept.com/
- Phone: 4042541973
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from 1kept
Where Peachtree Creek meets Peachtree Rd, tucked away behind the shopping building, sits 1KEPT. A new blend of American Cuisine and southern influences, with cocktail creations to make you glad you were born post 18th Amendment. The open kitchen and warm interior brings memories of your "Ma's Meatloaf", with a blend of reclaimed woods, antique typewriters and a cozy bar, you will feel right at home. You will know you've found the right synergy of culture, edge, polish and posh between the butcher block tables and tufted chairs. Seats 62 and perfect for early drinks, dinner, or evening cocktails that bring poetic inspiration among friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1kept reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (35)special occasion (25)romantic (24)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (15)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- RobbieluDined on 9/12/2014Absolutely loved the decor, and unique atmosphere. Although it was dark, it didn't feel dark.. if that makes sense. Our waitress was awesome. Very professional, knowledgeable, engaging and accommodating. 5 stars for her. My only issue was my dish tasted salty to me. I ordered the veal meatloaf. I don't use salt so it's hard for me to distinguish whether it was overly salty. I did have our friends try it and they agreed. Aside from that we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will recommend it to friends and will return. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, loved it!MMMfoodieDined on 9/6/2014We took my mother-in-law and family to 1kept for her 60th birthday, and couldn't have had a better experience! We arrived early and had cocktails in the lounge before being seated. Our cocktail server friendly and attentive, drink menu excellent. Once seated, we had an excellent server who was extremely knowledgable and attentive. Everything we ordered was fabulous. As we were a large party, we were able to try (and share) most of the menu items. Our favorites were the Deviled Quail Eggs, Truffled Popcorn, and Pork Belly appetizers. Scallops with Corn Risotto and the Pork Tenderloin with grits were by far the best entrees. We've already made another reservation--can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great spot, great ambiance!MissMaroonDined on 9/5/2014Fun food, great spot....cool for large groups with all the neat farm tables they haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back, again and again...BuckheadfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Just know - exceptional and friendly service, creative and delectable food, unique and warm environment with a hopping clientele. GO! 3 dined 8/30. warmly greeted, seatd immed. (We had res.) Elise, introducd herself to us qckly and took drink order which was del'd prmptly. She dscrbed the specs. in detail and wen asked, gave us her favs. ordered the strwbry/beet salad, the heirloom tomato salad, and the crspy prk rind as strtrs. strwbry/beet salad was standout w/balsamic reduction on strwbrries gvng the "Wow" factor. heirloom tomato salad was lite and deliciously balanced with the basil, watermelon, and mozzarella. Crispiness key to the exceptional pork rind. Dinner was Wagyu stks, serdtuna cookdSpecial Features:
- Amazing Food!GretchenVIPDined on 8/29/2014We thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered. Fit for a foodie for sure! The restaurant is quite loud so it's not a romantic spot - if you're headed out on the town and want a nosh with friends before hand this is better suited for that.Special Features:
- creative menuMargoDined on 8/29/2014With an able chef making bold choices, the menu at 1Kept is definitely on the must try list. Our waitperson was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at 1keptatldiner90VIPDined on 8/22/2014We have dined here several times and have always enjoyed it. There are now some tasty new menu additions, but our favorites from visits past are still there. The tuna entree was a big hit this time. Service has always been friendly and attentive, but this time, our server was outstanding. She took great care of us.Special Features:
- Excellent Meal!Ah64FishVIPDined on 8/15/2014If you like tuna, you have to order the tuna here! It comes as two large steaks with an outer crust cooked on and rare in the center....awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Weintraub2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend and I tried 1kept after becoming tired of our tried and true staples (we like restaurants like the Optimist, Canoe, St. Cecilia, etc.). Everything was excellent. We had a watermelon and heirloom tomato salad that was to die for; the watermelon was sweet and firm and the tomatoes had an excellent flavor. We got the mushroom flat bread for our next course--also amazing. My boyfriend had the whole market fish and loved it; I had the scallops and they were delicious. We finished off the meal with the peanut butter mousse--incredible. Service was also excellent and our server was super helpful with menu suggestions. We will be returning :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialEricDined on 8/12/2014We went in for a casual dinner. We felt our waitress was very pushy throughout the evening, even asking if we wanted to look at a dessert menu before my fiance was done with her entree. The dessert (peanut butter mouse pie) turned out to the amazing and was the best dish. I was disappointed in the calamari sausage flatbread, it lacked flavor. The sausage really had not spices in it. My fiance got the lamb pasta which was pretty tasty but nothing to write home about. We may come back eventually but definitely are not rushing back.
- Great Red SnapperOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014The Grilled Red Snapper was the best fish I have ever eaten in Atlanta. This was prepared like they would do in the South of Italy or Greece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice discoveryNightout1Dined on 8/8/2014We went out for a couples night without the kids. The ambience is very neat with an industrial and old time feel to it. Noise level was typical for anywhere on a Friday night. The scallops were amazing. Hanger steak was very tender. And the watermelon flatbread was unexpectedly good. Our server was great, very friendly and helpful. We actually wanted a recommendation for another place to get a drink after and he brought the resident expert over to help us out. Very cool place, we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyMikeatlDined on 8/2/2014Great food. Tasty. Noisy. Appears to have a good bar scenei Would come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014First time at 1 Kept on Friday evening. The ambience was awesome, beautiful restaurant, great food, great service.Special Features:
- phenomenalScotVIPDined on 7/26/2014So so so good! Excellent food, excellent service. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Hidden, but niceEatALittleDined on 7/25/2014The place is hidden, but a very nice surprise once I entered. The service was great and the food was prepared well.Special Features:
- Our first time - great experience!KG143Dined on 7/16/2014My husband and I were meeting another couple for dinner, and they were running late. The staff was very accommodating and were able to be flexible with our reservation seating and "make it work." We loved the decor and the food was fantastic. I will be returning soon for the kale and sausage salad, in particular. All of us ordered different entrees and we loved everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findJen113Dined on 7/11/2014Was unsure what to expect as I nor my dining companions had ever tried this restaurant before. We had a good inkling by their website that this place would be right up our alley. It was amazing. The inside of the restaurant is beautifully decorated. The food is amazing. We had their Sgt. Peppers flatbread to start. So Yummy! All their sausage is made in house and it was terrific. I had their trout dish which was scrumptious. My friend had their lamb and pasta dish and his wife had the chicken and spaeztle. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Their drink menu is great as well. We also tried the dark chocolate creme brulee, OMG. I love creme brulee and this ranks up there as one of the best I have ever had. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- loveouttoeatDined on 7/9/2014Food was amazing ! casual atmosphere ….. will go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!JcoopDined on 7/9/20141 Kept was so delicious. I usually narrow my choices to 2-3 thiga on the menu quicky. This menu - while not too large - had phenomenal choices. All their entrees and apps sounded so wonderful. I left the skillful waiter pick and he did a fabulous job. Also the drink menu was impressive. I will be returning and bringing lots of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/28/2014Every bite was over the top! The Quail eggs were fantastic as was the watermelon and feta flatbread. The lamb pasta was perfect in every way as was the chicken schnitzel. The service was outstanding. Well worth the price and will be back. The parking and restaurant enterance is behind the building and what you see from the street. Perfect from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Great food and ambience! Great for a late night getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, tucked-away spotFoodloverVIPDined on 6/27/2014I like that it's tucked in the back, off the street. You don't feel like you're in the heart of Buckhead/Midtown. It feels like you are in the know of this cute secret! The restaurant's decor lends to a cool, modern, but warm vibe. The service is very friendly and accommodating. I requested comfy chairs since my bf has back issues and got them. The food was perfectly fine, but not amazing. We ordered the steak, salmon (the best), shrimp and grits (good, but a little too much going on), and the tagliatelle (a little too al dente). We also got the dark chocolate creme brûlée, which had good flavor and perfectly brûléed top, but the creme itself was overcooked. You won't necessarily be blown away, but you won't be disappointed, either.Special Features:
- Okay experienceDiner4dateniteDined on 6/20/2014I was expecting a much cozier quite place. My wife and I have DATE NIGHT once a month and this was the restaurant I picked based upon the contemporary pictures on the restaurant website and the nice reviews. I wasn't thrilled about the seat location all the way near the employees bathroom towards the back. I later realized being in an isolated area shielded us from the noise taking place throughout the restaurant. Romantic this place is not. At least the meal itself and the excellent service by our server, Nathan, more than made up for any disappointments.Special Features:
- great!marykDined on 6/17/2014I have been to 1kept twice now, and I have found the food to be outstanding each time. The wine list has some very good yet reasonably priced choices which is very much appreciated. I love the pork tenderloin and the dark chocolate creme brulee is out of this world and I am not a dessert lover normally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner with kidbradygtDined on 6/11/2014I've been here before and had a great experience, but I was a little concerned because this time I was bringing 8 people, a cake, and a 5 year old. Everything was great. 3 of our party didn't show up, so we were wasting table space. I probably wouldn't bring the kid on a weekend night, but it was fine on Wednesday. They kept the cake in the back, added candles, brought it out on a stand and served it by the slice. Seriously above and beyond service. The food is delicious. The menu has a few staples but the rest changes frequently, which is perfect. The cocktail list is awesome. The atmosphere is fun.
- Love. Love. Love.SeahVIPDined on 6/6/2014I'm in love with this restaurant. It's such a unique menu...each dish soooo mouthwateringly good. The pimento cheese app is a MUST try. Seriously, don't leave there without experiencing it (the bacon jam sends it over the top). The scallops and both chicken dishes are amazing as well. I've never had such a light and flavorful risotto before (and made with corn...like I said, unique). The atmosphere is fun/lively. The staff is super friendly. I first experienced 1 Kept about two months ago and have already been four times. And I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- 1KeptSpleenJuiceDined on 6/6/2014Sort of an interesting experience. The food was pretty good, but the service was a bit bizarre. Even though we were plenty early, we had a bit of a hard time getting the bartenders' attention. Then when we sat down to eat, we ordered a bottle of wine and the server gave my date the wine to taste instead of me. I'm kind of old fashioned, so I just found that to be weird.Special Features:
- Excellent!RWAtlDined on 6/5/2014An excellent local restaurant. Great atmosphere, great food, great drinks and great people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014This has become my new favorite restaurant. The food, service and atmosphere can't be beat!! Don't miss the warm kale salad and pork tenderloin!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday YumsFoodieWhoDined on 5/30/20141kept was everything I wanted for a sophisticated, yet trendy Birthday Dinner. Highly recommend for foodie palettes and mixology cocktail snobs alike. Great atmosphere, good vibes, and incredibly attentive staff. Still dreaming about the chocolate cake that I didn't even have to order. Was suitable for a special occasion, but I also can't wait to go back and sit in the lounge for a more casual night. Best part was, they don't hassle you about a big group, they just accommodate you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyNotAProFoodCriticDined on 5/29/2014As other reviews have mentioned, the restaurant is noisy and not the best place to hold a conversation. Food was average at best - under seasoned and not entirely sure my chicken schnitzel was 100% cooked. When telling my waitress this after haven eaten 3/4 of it before I noticed, she merely just took the plate off the table - didn't try to get me something new or offer to remove it from the bill. Waitress was also very unknowledgable of menu or how things were prepared. She at one point mentioned, that if you were to have a sweet tooth like herself, would maybe like the Cornish hen. Maybe when it comes to describing dessert as sweet, it might be a better thing. I will not be going back.Special Features:
- Never got a chance to try the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/28/2014We came in and the place was virtually empty. The hosted tried to sit us right beside the only other couple in the place. She seemed annoyed when I asked for at least 1 table between us. Afterwards we waited for about 15 minutes for someone to greet us before we decided to get up and leave.
- New findCandyVIPDined on 5/24/2014We didn't even know this place existed. The food was very good. We could hear ourselves. The owner came over to make sure all was well. Would go back for sure.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014I had a great experience here and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to have a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't Disappointed Me YetMsJDDined on 5/21/2014Been here like three or four times and the food never disappoints. If you want a sure meal then I recommend checking 1kept out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 KeptOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2014The service was impeccable - terrific waiter! We went for Buckhead Restaurant Week and chose from the special menu. Everything was delicious. I loved the watermelon gazpacho. The music was a bit loud, but at our request the waiter got them to turn it down a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great this restaurant was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/19/2014Awesome. Great find This place is in a central location with friendly wait staff. Popcorn was awesomeSpecial Features:
- The following 101 reviews are from the 1kept reviews archive.
- SueMcDined on 5/17/2014We don't like noisy restaurants and could hardly carry on a conversation without shouting. The food was average. Will not return.
- Great Service, Good Food But...LilburncoupleDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant had great service and good food, but when you make a reservation be sure to ask for seats that have cushion backs. The table that we set at had wood chairs with metal backs that were very uncomfortable.Special Features: