191 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.191restaurantbar.com/
- Phone: 6509611491
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:30am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
A word from 191 Restaurant
191 is an American Restaurant offering artisan pizza, hand-crafted salads, and classic American cuisine. Our mission is to provide a complete dining experience which includes an innovative menu, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and a warm, comfortable atmosphere. We focus on using fresh, local, quality ingredients as well as making nearly every ingredient from scratch. We take pride in our use of seasonal produce, high quality meats and hand-crafting every dish. Located in one of the most historical buildings in downtown Mountain View, 191 Restaurant & Bar offers lunch and dinner daily as well as breakfast on the weekends. In addition to our wonderful menu we offer a full service bar, with a wide range of beers on tap, specialty cocktails, and wines, a private dining room, and catering services. We welcome you to come in, relax and enjoy 191 Restaurant & Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
191 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good food, Slow serviceMtViewCaliCatDined on 7/5/2014We went for lunch on a Saturday around 12:00 and they were still serving the breakfast menu. We were happy with our food, but found the service really slow. A friend also commented that considering all the sports going on the place was empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Although we like sitting in the front window over breakfast, this place is just so-so. Why do we go back? Because it's in the neighborhood and we like going out for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Coffee is good and the staff is nice, but it seems like the kitchen and waitpeople don't communicate with each other. Sometimes the meal comes in parts. That is, they bring your tea, but forget to bring the lemon you asked for, then need to go back to get a spoon. Then they bring the pancakes, but forget to bring the syrup. I also have asked them to ask the manager to purchase regular black tea for customers. Lots of fancy flavors, but never any English Breakfast tea which is a morning must for me. We'll keep our fingers crossed.Special Features:
- Skip breakfastFoodLuvADined on 6/7/2014My husband and I were looking for a new breakfast spot. This was not it. Although the waitress was kind, my food came cold and wasn't anything outstanding. Maybe they are better for lunch or dinner? I guess we'll keep looking for a new place.
- The following 3 reviews are from the 191 Restaurant reviews archive.
- First time at 191akodaVIPDined on 4/21/2014I went to 191 Restaurant for lunch and there was no one in the place. I waited 5 minutes to be seated. The manager asked that I cancel my reservation because he had to go downstairs to accept it. It was too late for me to cancel on my phone so I asked that he go and make sure that I got credit for the reservation. I didn't want to get dinged for a no show. It took almost 20 minutes to get him to take our orders. It looks like it is a new restaurant but the service was poor. On a street that is crowded with restaurants, they need to do something to get customers in the door.
- Dinner with BasketballTwoDinersDined on 2/14/2014We enjoyed eating good food (not high-end gourmet, but tasty and ample) while we watched a basketball game. The noise was from a few nearby bar patrons, but we could've sat away from the bar if we'd wanted to. We sat near it and got to watch Arizona State beat Arizona, which we enjoyed. Not high dining, but it worked for us. Attentive service, cost about a third of what Valentine's dinner usually costs us. Not crowded, either. We both commented on how much we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceTaddDined on 2/7/2014This is an OK place for relatively inexpensive but good food and a quiet conversation, especially on the second level.I would recommend this to a friend.