1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel
777 River City Casino Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63125Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://rivercity.com/
- Phone: 3143887630x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5pm - 9pm; Friday & Saturday: 5pm - 10pm; Sunday: 5pm - 9pm (Closed Monday-Tuesday)
Valentine's Day - RESERVATIONS REQUIRED $75 per person.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: William Osloond
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: The heart and soul of St. Louis, The Jim Stevens Duo, will be performing their smoldering, funky grooves exclusively at 1904 Steakhouse from 7-10pm every Friday and Saturday night.
A word from 1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel
Savor & Celebrate in an era of the 1904 World’s Fair. Immerse yourself in River City’s tribute to the monumental event at the 1904 Steak House while enjoying prime dry-aged steak. Sip on one of more than 300 wines from around the world, while taking in the visually stunning architecture at this incredible steakhouse. Gather with friends and make lifelong memories to savor for generations to come.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)romantic (28)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (5)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Special EveningDickDined on 9/11/2014We let the restaurant know it was an anniversary. Our waitress was delightful, professional and helpful. She was able to show knowledge when answering our questions. We asked about the freshness of the scallops, halibut and sea bass. We ordered the scallops and halibut. The side baked potato must have weighed close to a pound-which we shared. The scallops were very large and a little rubbery. The halibut was perfect. Our spinach salads were excellent. The restaurant treated us to a dessert - which we shared. The restaurant was lovely and felt like a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and service was great.SlotgirlDined on 9/6/2014Our server, Sean, was very patient with us. The food was very tasty and hot and the vegtable was a nice change from the ordinary. Not too noisy, but not like a funeral home either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencejrprov1Dined on 8/28/2014first, the food. it was excellent. next, the service, again it was excellent. i can't tell you what an awesome evening it was because of the waitress we had. she went above and beyond to make our night out a special one. the atmosphere, was again excellent. i could find nothing even remotely negative to say about our experience at the 1904 steak house. i just wish we could do it more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmyKevDined on 8/23/2014Very good food and service. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I have had in a whileBeekDined on 8/10/2014Very good menu. French onion soup was very good, as was the 16oz filet. Great server. I will go back again.Special Features:
- Superb food but noisyAnniversarydinnerDined on 8/9/2014The food and service were beyond awesome. However the band playing in the front lounge area was very loud and made our dinner less romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visitRalphDined on 8/2/2014Everything was excellent - as always - my wife and I especially love the French onion soup - its the best in the ST Louis area! The Lamb is also the best if the area. Service was outstanding and our dinner quests were very pleased with the restaurant. We have a very short list of favorite restaurants for special occasions and 1904 is on it!Special Features:
- Great NightGreatMealVIPDined on 8/2/2014St. Louis, you need to get in your cars and drive to River City. This restaurant and it's team are second to none. Jim has created a wonderful place that makes your night out very enjoyable. If you are just looking for drinks and appetizer, or a complete meal, River City's 1904 is the place to go. Don't forget about the small plates. You get the best food and a size that will allow you to enjoy desert or hit the casino for more entertainment. Thank you all at 1904. You continue to surprise us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS1904steakhouseDined on 7/24/2014That is the only way to describe our experience at the 1094 Steak House. My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary dinner on 7-24-2014. I ordered the 22 oz Cowboy Ribeye done medium rare. It was done to perfection with a small cup of the 1904 steak sauce. I also ordered the creamed spinach. It came to the table and had fresh grated Parmesan added to it at the table. Then there was a complete surprise. They added a fried egg to this. I had never had that before and was kind of taken aback, but they assured me it was good and it was. My wife ordered the 1904 Signature Dinner it was fabulous also, steak done to perfection and crab leg great. I highly recommend the 1904 steak house.Special Features:
- Bckyhallbcky0214Dined on 7/19/2014We have eaten here twice and loved the food, experience, and service each time. High end food that tastes amazing. Don't be concerned at the thought of it being too fancy because there is no specific dress code and the staff treats everyone with great respect. We wore jeans the first time and the second time dressed up. I recommend this for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid choiceCarnAmoreDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. My wife and I eat here about 8 to 10 times a year and we love this place! My steak (filet) was awesome but smaller than I used to. Overall...This is an excellent place to get a Steak.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceLadyDVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have had dinner here many times, ALWAYS outstanding food and service, the scallops are amazing, filet oscar trio is my favorite and always generous BIG "petite" filets - it is a steal - WONDERFUL wait staff -Special Features:
- GeorgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The ambiance was like enjoying an evening with best friend's Our salads were delicious & sized perfectly. The steak and seafood selections were the best. N no room for dessert though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014I gave notice in the last few times that we are at the restaurant too long. It is not that the service is slow, but we are there entirely too long. Waiter disappears to muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Troy was outstanding as our waiter1904Dined on 6/14/2014The food was outstanding and the service by a Troy was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too numerous to countGreatMealVIPDined on 6/14/2014How can I say anything that I haven't said already. Jim has created a gem at 1904. The employees are like family. They treat you like your are the favorite family member. Great food, wine, spirits and friends. Thanks for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!MarshallDined on 6/7/2014Food was very, very good. Crab cakes appetizer - light and moist, delicious. Lobster bisque - good flavor, but would have been better if they had put a portion of lobster on top before serving. I had the strip steak - perfectly cooked (medium) and well seasoned. My companion had the bone-in ribeye and he loved it. The bread with dinner was warm and mushroom butter was very good. We had a huge cheesecake, caramel, layered chocolate cake concoction that was heavenly. Service was fantastic. Music was AWESOME! They had a two-man smooth jazz group that was fabulous! My only complaint about the whole experience was the lighting was a bit bright and too many people dressed too casual. Kind of took away from it being an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!umbrelladrinksDined on 5/31/2014Great food and service. Attention to detail here is great, including customer service, special ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 180 reviews are from the 1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel reviews archive.
- St. Louis - RAA ConferenceCrazyCubanDined on 5/14/2014The food was outstanding and if you wanted to take clients out it was right in a casino for their entertainment.Special Features:
- Great As AlwaysGreatMealVIPDined on 5/10/2014What more can I say. I have eaten at 1904 over 15 times and haven't had a bad meal or service. It is like going to a family dinner that has a really great wine cellar. Don't let the Steak House full you. There is so much more they offer. Try the fish, chicken or the lamb, and you will experience something wonderful.Special Features:
- lollypopDined on 5/7/2014The steaks we had were great. Tender and flavorable! Baked potatoes were fluffy and fresh, asparagus was grilled to perfection ,although some of it was a little stringy and tough. It was a real treat.Special Features:
- Night to rememberMickeyDined on 5/2/2014Can not say enough about it. Food, service, atmosphere were all perfect. Treat you like you are royality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night dining at 1904 Steak Housebarbie1947Dined on 5/2/2014All we can say is that it was excellent! My husband told them it was the best meal he ever had at a steak house. Service, food and atmosphere was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely place to dinehamov624Dined on 4/26/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant. The first time I ordered lobster and it was outstanding but not this time. The lobster was kind of rubbery, so I sent it back to be cooked more, however, it didn't help much. The steaks(mine and my husband's) were excellent. The onion soup was way too salty, otherwise it would have been very good. It is a lovely restaurant with good service.Special Features:
- The Very Best in DiningDAWJDined on 3/30/2014Everything about this dining experience was top of the line. There is absolutely nothing to complain about. The service, the food, the ambiance was all top-notch. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Always a fanGreatMealVIPDined on 3/29/20141904 is a gem that St. Louis needs to know about. The food is amazing and the staff is top shelf. They make you feel like family. Their steaks are what they are known for, but their other dishes are fantastic. Their fish, chicken and lamb cannot be overlooked. I have had some of my best fish dishes at 1904. Wine, one of the best wine selections in the city. If you have a question, just ask to speak with Jim the GM. His wine passion is only matched by his love for the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeDSandersVIPDined on 3/22/2014First time there. Very good service and food. The music in the bar area was excellent! We will definitely Make this one of our go to restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 issueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Although our waiter was superb, the staff seemed to forget about us at times. Water and drinks especially at the end of the meal. That was my wife's observation. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Perfect KissWonderWomanSTLVIPDined on 3/14/2014You couldn't ask for a more romantic restaurant. Initially there was a small band performing, which was entertaining but not over-powering. We decided to try the Surf Flight and the Turf Flight. Both entrees offer a small portion of their best steak offerings (Turf Flight) and seafood selections (Surf Flight), which is perfect for a non-decisive person who enjoys trying several different dishes.Special Features:
- Yummy!FirsttimerDined on 3/8/2014My boyfriend and I had never eaten at 1904 before and had a birthday coupon. The food was excellent! I had the 8 oz. filet with brussel sprouts (which I highly recommend). It is pricey and everything is al carte (including the sauces). A band began playing at 7:00 which added to the ambiance. We will definitely go back! This is the perfect restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good but servicegredDined on 3/8/2014Food was very good but service was slow. Our waitress brought the bill to our table. It was not our bill. We questioned her on this. She stated "It is the bill for the table next to yours. I could not get back into the system to get your correct bill. It was the same price anyway. The table next to yours was comped". We had to pay the other tables bill. Never saw our table's bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner for 2dinerfor2Dined on 3/8/2014From the start this restaurant has class. The hostess was very classy and friendly. Our table had a wonderful view of the bar which is what i wanted so that I could see the saxophone and piano player. Our waiter was very professional and knowledgeable. The 8 ounce filet was cooked to perfection and was great with the horseradish sauce. The salad was great and the potato was huge. I was overall very satisfied with the whole experience. This was a great place to have our 10 wedding anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014There is nothing bad we can say about everything at the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendKathyDined on 3/1/2014If you are looking for a great wine list, incredible food and fantastic customer service, then 1904 is the perfect place for you. My husband and I eat at 1904 at least 1-2 times every month. The bar area has live music on the weekends, with great appetizers and warm ambiance. The dining area has nice quiet coves that are romantic. From the moment you walk through the door, the entire staff makes you feel like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service by Chris was super!1904wffanDined on 2/27/2014Service by Chris was super! Food was pretty good, had a little issue with my steak dish, a rare mistep, it is always a good meal here. The manager was more than helpful and made up with the tough steak with a lovely dessert for us. A very nice place to dine.Special Features:
- Steak was goodStepoDined on 2/22/2014I got the ribeye and lobster mac & cheese and it was great. My wife note being a big steak eater got the chicken and rice and it was not good. The chicken was dry and the rice was black and burnt.Special Features:
- Great experienceDaleDined on 2/22/2014This is an absolute great place for that special dinner. Everything we had from the appetizers to salads to great steaks and dessert were fantastic. Each were prepared as ordered. Wonderful experience that we can't wait to enjoy again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceAte2MuchDined on 2/22/2014My husband and I made first time reservations at 1904 to celebrate his birthday. We were blown away at the outstanding food! We both ordered the 8oz filet but we tried several of the side dishes (to share). The steaks were the best I have tasted in years and the creamed spinach and lobster mac n cheese were amazing. Our waiter Sergey was impeccable and made our visit even better! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was completely overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014The food was completely overpriced for what we received. My husband's steak was excellent, my filet so-so, the mashed potatoes tasted like instant. Macaroni and cheese was good. Apple crisp dessert we shared was obviously microwaved. Apple crisp is one of my favorites and I took two bites and was done. My husband ate more and hit the cold spots in the middle. The bread was very good and was the only hot thing served. Everything else was luke warm at best. Service was extremely slow and waitress arrived at our table and began talking about the pain and soreness in her shoulder. I had three glasses of the house pinot and our total bill was around $200. I never mind paying that much for dinner, but not when it isn't worth it.
- Great food, the creamed spinachBillDined on 2/8/2014Great food, the creamed spinach is the best I've ever tasted. Service was good although our waiter was hampered by serving a large group in a private room. Wine list is excellent and a great value. My wife and I eat out a good restaurants at least once a week and the 1904 is in our top three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.