1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel
777 River City Casino Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63125Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://rivercity.com/
- Phone: 3143887630x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5pm - 9pm; Friday & Saturday: 5pm - 10pm; Sunday: 5pm - 9pm (Closed Monday-Tuesday)
Valentine's Day - RESERVATIONS REQUIRED $75 per person.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: William Osloond
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: The heart and soul of St. Louis, The Jim Stevens Duo, will be performing their smoldering, funky grooves exclusively at 1904 Steakhouse from 7-10pm every Friday and Saturday night.
A word from 1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel
Savor & Celebrate in an era of the 1904 World’s Fair. Immerse yourself in River City’s tribute to the monumental event at the 1904 Steak House while enjoying prime dry-aged steak. Sip on one of more than 300 wines from around the world, while taking in the visually stunning architecture at this incredible steakhouse. Gather with friends and make lifelong memories to savor for generations to come.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (27)notable wine list (14)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We were staying at the hotel. Didn't like having to walk through the casino to get to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steaks!EdChDined on 10/18/2014Took my wife to 1904 Steakhouse for her birthday. It was a great choice! The ambiance is great, modeled on a 1904 steakhouse. On weekends there is live music. The food is worth a visit although a little on the pricey side. I had the bone in ribeye with garlic butter sauce. The ribeye was the most tender piece of meat I ever ate, cooked perfectly. My wife had the NY strip which was also very tender and cooked perfectly. All sides are ala carte so we shared a lobster mac n cheese. Unlike other reviews I read, there were numerous chunks of lobster. My Caesar salad was good but my wife's spinach and bacon salad was outstanding. The complimentary chocolate cake was delicious. If you like steak, this is a "must try" restaurant!Special Features:
- wonderful place for dinnertammyDined on 10/18/2014Great experience, food was excellent and our waitress was really good,wish I could remember her nameSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinetteDined on 10/18/2014A good dining experience. Food and service were very good. Elegant but not pretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.JoeK72Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary dinner. I had the 22 oz ribeye. It was cooked perfectly but the seasoning was a little on the sweet side which isn't my preference for a steak. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentjmc1Dined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent and the service was great. We there for our anniversary and could not have been happier. They even brought us our a dessert for our special occasion on the house. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th anniversarybeststeakDined on 9/20/2014The corn fed beef is amazing. Usually after a huge steak dinner I feel bloated, not this time, my grandson said the same thing and he ate the 22oz. All were perfectly cooked. Totally happy I had our 50th anniversary dinner here. Treated wonderfully by staff and Sergey our waiter was outstanding and very helpful. we look forward to coming back. Everyone loved the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eatBeekDined on 9/19/2014This is the 4th time we have eaten at 1904. The last 2 times we have had to send out steaks back to be recooked. After they came back they were great. I guess the cook just needs to know the meaning of medium well. Mary, who waited on us is the best.Special Features:
- Special EveningDickDined on 9/11/2014We let the restaurant know it was an anniversary. Our waitress was delightful, professional and helpful. She was able to show knowledge when answering our questions. We asked about the freshness of the scallops, halibut and sea bass. We ordered the scallops and halibut. The side baked potato must have weighed close to a pound-which we shared. The scallops were very large and a little rubbery. The halibut was perfect. Our spinach salads were excellent. The restaurant treated us to a dessert - which we shared. The restaurant was lovely and felt like a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak and service was great.SlotgirlDined on 9/6/2014Our server, Sean, was very patient with us. The food was very tasty and hot and the vegtable was a nice change from the ordinary. Not too noisy, but not like a funeral home either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencejrprov1Dined on 8/28/2014first, the food. it was excellent. next, the service, again it was excellent. i can't tell you what an awesome evening it was because of the waitress we had. she went above and beyond to make our night out a special one. the atmosphere, was again excellent. i could find nothing even remotely negative to say about our experience at the 1904 steak house. i just wish we could do it more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmyKevDined on 8/23/2014Very good food and service. Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I have had in a whileBeekDined on 8/10/2014Very good menu. French onion soup was very good, as was the 16oz filet. Great server. I will go back again.Special Features:
- Superb food but noisyAnniversarydinnerDined on 8/9/2014The food and service were beyond awesome. However the band playing in the front lounge area was very loud and made our dinner less romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visitRalphDined on 8/2/2014Everything was excellent - as always - my wife and I especially love the French onion soup - its the best in the ST Louis area! The Lamb is also the best if the area. Service was outstanding and our dinner quests were very pleased with the restaurant. We have a very short list of favorite restaurants for special occasions and 1904 is on it!Special Features:
- Great NightGreatMealVIPDined on 8/2/2014St. Louis, you need to get in your cars and drive to River City. This restaurant and it's team are second to none. Jim has created a wonderful place that makes your night out very enjoyable. If you are just looking for drinks and appetizer, or a complete meal, River City's 1904 is the place to go. Don't forget about the small plates. You get the best food and a size that will allow you to enjoy desert or hit the casino for more entertainment. Thank you all at 1904. You continue to surprise us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS1904steakhouseDined on 7/24/2014That is the only way to describe our experience at the 1094 Steak House. My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary dinner on 7-24-2014. I ordered the 22 oz Cowboy Ribeye done medium rare. It was done to perfection with a small cup of the 1904 steak sauce. I also ordered the creamed spinach. It came to the table and had fresh grated Parmesan added to it at the table. Then there was a complete surprise. They added a fried egg to this. I had never had that before and was kind of taken aback, but they assured me it was good and it was. My wife ordered the 1904 Signature Dinner it was fabulous also, steak done to perfection and crab leg great. I highly recommend the 1904 steak house.Special Features:
- Bckyhallbcky0214Dined on 7/19/2014We have eaten here twice and loved the food, experience, and service each time. High end food that tastes amazing. Don't be concerned at the thought of it being too fancy because there is no specific dress code and the staff treats everyone with great respect. We wore jeans the first time and the second time dressed up. I recommend this for a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid choiceCarnAmoreDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. My wife and I eat here about 8 to 10 times a year and we love this place! My steak (filet) was awesome but smaller than I used to. Overall...This is an excellent place to get a Steak.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceLadyDVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have had dinner here many times, ALWAYS outstanding food and service, the scallops are amazing, filet oscar trio is my favorite and always generous BIG "petite" filets - it is a steal - WONDERFUL wait staff -Special Features:
- GeorgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The ambiance was like enjoying an evening with best friend's Our salads were delicious & sized perfectly. The steak and seafood selections were the best. N no room for dessert though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014I gave notice in the last few times that we are at the restaurant too long. It is not that the service is slow, but we are there entirely too long. Waiter disappears to muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 184 reviews are from the 1904 Steak House at River City Casino & Hotel reviews archive.
- Troy was outstanding as our waiter1904Dined on 6/14/2014The food was outstanding and the service by a Troy was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too numerous to countGreatMealVIPDined on 6/14/2014How can I say anything that I haven't said already. Jim has created a gem at 1904. The employees are like family. They treat you like your are the favorite family member. Great food, wine, spirits and friends. Thanks for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!MarshallDined on 6/7/2014Food was very, very good. Crab cakes appetizer - light and moist, delicious. Lobster bisque - good flavor, but would have been better if they had put a portion of lobster on top before serving. I had the strip steak - perfectly cooked (medium) and well seasoned. My companion had the bone-in ribeye and he loved it. The bread with dinner was warm and mushroom butter was very good. We had a huge cheesecake, caramel, layered chocolate cake concoction that was heavenly. Service was fantastic. Music was AWESOME! They had a two-man smooth jazz group that was fabulous! My only complaint about the whole experience was the lighting was a bit bright and too many people dressed too casual. Kind of took away from it being an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!umbrelladrinksDined on 5/31/2014Great food and service. Attention to detail here is great, including customer service, special ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Louis - RAA ConferenceCrazyCubanDined on 5/14/2014The food was outstanding and if you wanted to take clients out it was right in a casino for their entertainment.Special Features:
- Great As AlwaysGreatMealVIPDined on 5/10/2014What more can I say. I have eaten at 1904 over 15 times and haven't had a bad meal or service. It is like going to a family dinner that has a really great wine cellar. Don't let the Steak House full you. There is so much more they offer. Try the fish, chicken or the lamb, and you will experience something wonderful.Special Features:
- lollypopDined on 5/7/2014The steaks we had were great. Tender and flavorable! Baked potatoes were fluffy and fresh, asparagus was grilled to perfection ,although some of it was a little stringy and tough. It was a real treat.Special Features:
- Night to rememberMickeyDined on 5/2/2014Can not say enough about it. Food, service, atmosphere were all perfect. Treat you like you are royality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night dining at 1904 Steak Housebarbie1947Dined on 5/2/2014All we can say is that it was excellent! My husband told them it was the best meal he ever had at a steak house. Service, food and atmosphere was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely place to dinehamov624Dined on 4/26/2014This was my second visit to this restaurant. The first time I ordered lobster and it was outstanding but not this time. The lobster was kind of rubbery, so I sent it back to be cooked more, however, it didn't help much. The steaks(mine and my husband's) were excellent. The onion soup was way too salty, otherwise it would have been very good. It is a lovely restaurant with good service.Special Features:
- The Very Best in DiningDAWJDined on 3/30/2014Everything about this dining experience was top of the line. There is absolutely nothing to complain about. The service, the food, the ambiance was all top-notch. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Always a fanGreatMealVIPDined on 3/29/20141904 is a gem that St. Louis needs to know about. The food is amazing and the staff is top shelf. They make you feel like family. Their steaks are what they are known for, but their other dishes are fantastic. Their fish, chicken and lamb cannot be overlooked. I have had some of my best fish dishes at 1904. Wine, one of the best wine selections in the city. If you have a question, just ask to speak with Jim the GM. His wine passion is only matched by his love for the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeDSandersVIPDined on 3/22/2014First time there. Very good service and food. The music in the bar area was excellent! We will definitely Make this one of our go to restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 issueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Although our waiter was superb, the staff seemed to forget about us at times. Water and drinks especially at the end of the meal. That was my wife's observation. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- Perfect KissWonderWomanSTLVIPDined on 3/14/2014You couldn't ask for a more romantic restaurant. Initially there was a small band performing, which was entertaining but not over-powering. We decided to try the Surf Flight and the Turf Flight. Both entrees offer a small portion of their best steak offerings (Turf Flight) and seafood selections (Surf Flight), which is perfect for a non-decisive person who enjoys trying several different dishes.Special Features:
- Yummy!FirsttimerDined on 3/8/2014My boyfriend and I had never eaten at 1904 before and had a birthday coupon. The food was excellent! I had the 8 oz. filet with brussel sprouts (which I highly recommend). It is pricey and everything is al carte (including the sauces). A band began playing at 7:00 which added to the ambiance. We will definitely go back! This is the perfect restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good but servicegredDined on 3/8/2014Food was very good but service was slow. Our waitress brought the bill to our table. It was not our bill. We questioned her on this. She stated "It is the bill for the table next to yours. I could not get back into the system to get your correct bill. It was the same price anyway. The table next to yours was comped". We had to pay the other tables bill. Never saw our table's bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner for 2dinerfor2Dined on 3/8/2014From the start this restaurant has class. The hostess was very classy and friendly. Our table had a wonderful view of the bar which is what i wanted so that I could see the saxophone and piano player. Our waiter was very professional and knowledgeable. The 8 ounce filet was cooked to perfection and was great with the horseradish sauce. The salad was great and the potato was huge. I was overall very satisfied with the whole experience. This was a great place to have our 10 wedding anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.