19 Okanagan Grill + Bar
3509 Carrington Road
West Kelowna, BC V4T 2E6Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$30 and under
19 Okanagan Grill + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dine19.com/
- Phone: (250) 768-3133
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Sun-Wed 11:00am - 10:00pm
Thurs-Sat 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Global, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Davin Bennett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our summerhouse offers dining options for 80 to 180 for weddings, family reunions, retreats, meetings, wine paired dinners etc.
please contact Neil by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for customizing your special event
- Entertainment: Featuring the classic jazz styles of the Michael Garding Quartet select Sunday nights in July and August. Dining under the stars with a warm summer breeze, live jazz, great food and great friends...it's what summertime in the Okanagan is all about!
- Cross Street: Elk Road
- Public Transit: Public transit stop on Carrington Road, 100 meters from Two Eagles golf course entrance.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We enjoy the benefits of a restaurant overlooking a golf course, therefore we have ample parking available, which is well lit at night, safe and secure.
A word from 19 Okanagan Grill + Bar
19 Okanagan Grill + Bar is located in West Kelowna overlooking Okanagan Lake and Two Eagles Golf Course. 19 is known for its fine food and friendly staff that will keep you coming back for amazing lunches, romantic dinners or a quick appy and drink with a friend – it is West Kelowna’s gem! Featuring the Okanagan's largest patio with live jazz under the stars every Friday night in July and August. Our menu philosophy is premium casual, featuring certified angus beef steaks, Misty Mountain chicken, Won Ton Soup and salt n pepper prawns to name a few. 19 is open all year round for lunch and dinner, while also serving breakfast during the summer months. You don’t need to be a golfer to love 19 Okanagan Grill + Bar!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
19 Okanagan Grill + Bar - Best Restaurants in Kelowna ›
19 Okanagan Grill + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)scenic view (22)neighborhood gem (17)great for lunch (15)good for groups (14)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (10)romantic (6)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Usually we love it, but this time was not the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We were sitting next to the entry...very cold every time someone opened the door. Mediterranean salad was not great. Really miss the lettuce wraps on the starter list, they were SO good. We will definitely be back, just wasn't the best this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy in the tummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We were visiting family and wanted to have a nice supper. They live very close so thought we would try. We just booked online - so easy. we barely logged off and our reply was emailed to us. Fast!!! Food was great, our server was friendly (he recommended the ribs which my husband had and loved them), and we had a nice relaxing supper. We'll go back again in the summer when we can sit outside and enjoy the scenery. Good choice!!😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special SpotNewlyArr1vedDined on 11/8/2014This is a wonderful restaurant! The food is excellent, eating gluten-free is a fabulous experience, and the service is great! The energy of this exquisite location is also something one must experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BBoopBBoopDined on 11/7/2014Always a great place to go to. Food and service is consistently excellent and the view is outstanding especially from the outdoor patio. Lots of parking and the landscaping is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar foodInsNisSinDined on 10/13/2014The fish taco was so tasty! The beef stake is reasonable but could be better。Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is perfect except foodJayyDined on 10/11/2014The steak I ordered is a little bit dry, not so juicy.
- Not a romantic spot... but decent.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Pretty good food, decent service but we were seated at a table in the middle of the bar, for our anniversary dinner. It's a nice sports bar. Loud and wrong place for 2 parents who never get a chance to talk. Good baseball game on TV though. Should have had a steak. Husband's dinner was over salted. Had heard it was romantic but it was likely a man who told me that. Not 19's fault. Overall pretty decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014After reading the online reviews, we were quite looking forward to a good meal in West Kelowna. We both ordered the baby back ribs as both these and the beef short ribs had been praised in the reviews. They were bad - hard to get off the bone and when you did they were tough to chew. Tasted very pork fatty so asked for more sauce to drown that out but got it cold. Seems the cooks don't know that you need to take the membrane off the back of the ribs for them to be fall off the bone tender (it was still on). A bit of a spice rub on the meat would have provided a nice flavour since pork fat on it's own isn't that great tasting. Service was good and the wines made up for the food.Special Features:
- Excellent experience...OkanaganjrDined on 9/5/2014...every time I'm there. Great food, friendly service, gorgeous view for outdoor dining, nice atmosphere for indoor dining. I recommend the Chili Chicken appetizer to start!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golf Course DiningYEGfoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Happily surprised at finding a decent, local restaurant nearby our hotel when we were stranded without a car. Being without a vehicle, we took the opportunity to explore their wine list and found many good BC wines - enough variety to match burgers and steak dip one night and spicy chicken the next without any trouble at all. The food was decent and the view of the golf course & distant lake were nice. The atmosphere was fairly energetic with several large groups nearby and plenty of folks coming in after a day of golfing.Special Features:
- Our waitresses were OUTSTANDING!ShanonMakDined on 8/22/2014The fish tacos were fabulous as was their soup! Great service...friendly... I would even take my children. Would definitely go there again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed this place. The food was great, the view was great and the service was also awesome. Overall this was the best dining experience we had during our stay. Our server was very kind also and gave us such a nice compliment before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedEatingGoodThingsDined on 8/21/2014After looking at review online for restaurants, I decided to give 19 a try. The reviews after all had been pretty decent. However, I was not that impressed. The view is overlooking a gold course towards the lake. I guess I expected a better view. The patio had plastic, cheap, uncomfortable chairs. I ordered steak, medium. It came to me medium well. And it was nothing special. The chili chicken was good, but also nothing special. The server was nice, but busy. The decor inside needs to be updated. It felt like an old, neighborhood pub style restaurant. It could be so much better. If you want GREAT food, check out Raudz, or Quail's Gate.Special Features:
- Dinner ReviewMaggieDined on 8/13/201419 Okanagan Grill because it's close to where we live in West Kelowna. Friends from Calgary were treating us & we felt a visit to "19" would impress them. I booked ahead but we still had to wait to be taken to our table. Didn't get an explanation as to why we had to wait. Table location was very nice in the corner - and our friends were impressed. I realise that the restaurant is also a bar, however the 3 very large screen TVs were very distracting. My friends ordered shrimp lettuce wrap, Mediterranean salad, dry ribs & fries & seemed quite satisfied. I had roast chicken breast, asparagus, carrots, fingerling pots - it was swimming in gravy. Tasty but too much sauce! Hubby had the noodle dish and gave it a 6-10. I would agree.Special Features:
- Popular place1seniorviewsDined on 8/9/2014We have been several times. Staff always great. Food has been very good. A very popular place for brunch, lunch or dinner. Patio overlooks a great view of Two Eagles Golf Course and views beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014Amazing service, spectacular view and outstanding food. This is a true Kelowna gem. Make sure you have reservations this spot is always hopping!!!Special Features:
- The following 66 reviews are from the 19 Okanagan Grill + Bar reviews archive.
- Terrific neighborhood location.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Terrific neighborhood location. Being a Saturday night it was very busy, but our food arrived piping hot and the seasonal vegetables were cooked to perfection. Will definately be going backSpecial Features:
- Good food, acoustically challengedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2012We choice this restaurant to have dinner with an old friend and looked forward to a great visit over fine food and wine. It started out well with friendly and efficient service. We felt menu choices were too limited (e.g., only one seafood choice), and were disappointed that no daily specials were available. Our entree dishes (braised beef ribs and steelhead) were perfectly cooked and well presented; the green beans, though adequately cooked, were really tough, but didn't spoil the meal. Dessert was excellent and a requested extra scoop of ice-cream cheerfully provide without extra charge. Unfortunately, an otherwise enjoyable occasion was spoiled by the noise: sports bar feel and poor acoustics made meaningful conversation impossible.Special Features:
- all in all it was an averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012all in all it was an average outing for thr four of us. The food was good but, small servings for the price. The table we were at I suppose it was meant to meet our request for a quiet area however it was VERY warm right next to the fireplace,and was not very quiet at all. A good place for lunch or dinner if you don't mind the noise.Special Features:
- We had dinners already 3 times GenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012We had dinners already 3 times General experience very good. Only one small problem for last time (3 star for food) ---- SALAD REQ,D IMPROVEMENT !!! Admit by all members at party.Special Features:
- Always good food. EnergeticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2012Always good food. Energetic and lively crowd. Great service.Special Features:
- An okay restaurant, but notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2012An okay restaurant, but not worth the price. Service was slow (Waiter noticed about drink refills as food was delivered, everyone at the table was finished eating before my refill arrived), steaks were average at best. At $70 for two people (with appetizers, without alcohol), I expected more.Special Features:
- Great food and Okanagan charmOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2012We enjoyed a great meal, the menu is always interesting and includes seasonal, local ingredients. The view of the lake and golf course is great from the patio or the dining room. It is tastefully decorated with a first nations/west coast/ Okanagan theme. Service is friendly and reliable. One of West Kelowna's gems.Special Features:
- Terrific service, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012Terrific service, excellent food, nice view and decent prices. This is our new favourite place!Special Features:
- Awesome, as always. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Awesome, as always. The service was stellar, never fails to please.Special Features:
- Outstanding MusselsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012Outstanding Mussels, the best I have ever had, Service was excellent, we will certainly returnSpecial Features:
- Patio has good view of golfWyndsomDined on 8/4/2012Patio has good view of golf course & lake. Food was tasty. Would go back.Special Features:
- Great for families & FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/29/2012The restaurant has both an outside area and an inside bar area. Outside has great views of the golf course. I went with my two children (9 & 12) and the restaurant was very comfortable for them and adults. The food was perfectly cooked, and everyone enjoyed their meals. Great Okanagan wine list. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our firstokanaganaddictDined on 7/29/2012We really enjoyed our first visit and will definitely return for dinner.Special Features:
- We attended the other nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012We attended the other night in order to listen to the Michael Garding Quartet and to enjoy the wonderful view. We have been there several times before and the food and service have always been excellent. We'll certainly be back and would recommend your restaurant to anyone. We'd also be more than happy to bring a friend with us at some time. Thanks for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- we have an awesome time andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012we have an awesome time and our out town guests were amazed of the quality of the food..compliments to the chef and overall experienceSpecial Features:
- What's not to love, outdoorLuv2EatDined on 7/8/2012What's not to love, outdoor casual eating area overlooking the Lake in beautiful Wine country in BC. The food was very tasty and fresh. This place is on a golf course about a few minutes walk from our hotel, which I didn't know when I booked it, so we were able to walk there a nice treat after all the driving I did in Kelowna.Special Features:
- Thanks for the fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2012Really enjoyed the food and the evening. We have our Christmas party there every year.Special Features:
- First time there. ReallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2012First time there. Really surprised at the quality of the food, the service, and the view. If we are lucky enough to relocate to Kelowna, this will be one of our favourites.Special Features:
- 1st time dining at this resturant.FoodieGirlDined on 5/14/20121st time dining at this resturant. View was stunning overlooking the golf course and Okanagon lake. Service was good and food was good as well.Special Features:
- We have visited the 19 GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We have visited the 19 Grill & Bar dining room and outdoor patio many times, and are always warmly welcomed. The Management does a commendable job of selecting attractive personable servers, both female and male. We appreciate that there is an upscale dress code and their appearance and demeanor is always professional. The servers often go beyond the call of duty to fill special requests and ensure we are pleased with our orders. Smart move to enclose the far private patio - looks great!Special Features:
- There are a few other placesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012There are a few other places that we really enjoy, such as Monteo Resort restaurant on the lake, but none are better than the overall experience at 19 Okanagan Grill and Bar.Special Features:
- I have been here several times,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012I have been here several times, and each time I am pleased overall. I recommend it to others and enjoy taking visiting company to dine there!!Special Features:
- Pleasant staff reasonableskeeter23VIPDined on 4/29/2012Pleasant staff reasonable food in an area where many of the other restaurants are fast foodSpecial Features:
- The lunch dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012The lunch dining experience was very good. I would come back with other friends.Special Features: