19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe
Harveys Lake Tahoe Hwy 50
Stateline, NV 89449Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harveystahoe.com/casinos/harveys-lake-tahoe/restaurants-dining/19-kitchen-bar-detail.html
- Phone: 7755882411x
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: Tuesday to Thursday 4:30pm - 10pm Friday and Saturday 4:30pm - 11pm
Dinner : Tuesday to Thursday 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Friday and Saturday 5:30pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Gerry Evangelista
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from 19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe
At 19 Kitchen * Bar, located on the 19th floor of Harvey's hotel, you'll find spectacular views of the Lake and an eclectic and welcoming menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe - Best Restaurants in Stateline ›
19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (94)special occasion (73)romantic (66)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- dj saysdjmintmanDined on 9/19/2014A world class view opportunity to enjoy a fabulous meal. I enjoyed oysters and antelope!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The waiter was in a big hurry, didn't even bring us water,had to finally ask someone to bring us water. The food needed salt. Had to ask another waiter for that, better food at Fridays Station and better choices. Sorry!! and we were looking forward to eating there.
- PretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We made reservations and since it was off-season and during the week, thought we would get a great table. We ended up being seated in a corner with lake views to one side and parking lot views to the other side. We asked for another table since there were so many empty tables, but were told all the empty tables we were interested in were reserved. Since I made my reservation via Open Table, I wasn't given an option as to which table I could reserve. Disappointing. The food was very good, but also very over-priced. Everything was ala carte on top of that. At the end we were offered a plate of cotton candy (really???who does that). Especially considering the amount of money we paid. A small bowl of gelato would have made more sense.Special Features:
- CobbsDined on 9/2/2014This is the location we held our wedding dinner at and we return every year for our anniversary and the staff is always top notch and the food always perfection. We try to come as often as we can for the amazing view in both summer and winter and for amazing food.Special Features:
- dinner with a viewsuchanDined on 8/31/2014We reserved a table at 19 Kitchen for the South Lake Tahoe Labor Day fireworks display, as most of the restaurant has a clear lake view. When we arrived, the maitre d' insisted there were no lake view tables left, but we were then seated where we had an excellent view. The food is good, if pricey. Our server, Jimmy was great. The fireworks were spectacular, although several bar patrons wanting a look, including an amorous young couple who thought their actions were being hidden when the lights were dimmed for the show (not!), had to be reminded not to block our view. We used to go to Friday's Station in Harrahs for special occasions, but 19 Kitchen has better view, better seating, as good food, and as of late, better wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatingwellhighupDined on 8/31/2014The food, service and view were spectacular... the setting sun was tad too bright, reflection off the lake and all... but all in all lovely.Special Features:
- 19 floors upMiloDeanDined on 8/30/2014Good service both at front desk, bar and dining room. Order appetizers and main course. Steak cooked to order (medium), a little over seasoned but still very flavorful. Sautéed green beans were delicious along with lobster mashed potatoes. Cotton Candy included with dinner so don't order dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best at SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This is a must try for those wishing to see a great sunset with outstanding dishes to choose from.Special Features:
- Solid Choice for S. Lake TahoeFrequentdiner1Dined on 8/30/2014We had salmon, filet mignon, and seared ahi. Salmon the low point, sent it back for replacement. First try was dry as though it had sat a long while. Replacement was better, not great. The steak was good, nothing special. The Ahi was spectacular, the best we have encountered in the 40 years plus that we have dined out. Melted in the mouth leaving a wonderful flavor. Side dishes were good but nothing special. We had one glass of wine, one beer, and a soda among us. Service was very attentive, knowledgeable and helpful. The view is of Lake Tahoe from 19 floors up. Very nice dining room. Nice separate bar. Price a little over $200 with tip. Overall, good food and good value. Probably about as good as it gets in that area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Food and ServiceoutandaboutVIPDined on 8/30/201419 Kitchen & Bar priced like a top restaurant but offers tasteless food and poor service. New York steak was over $50 dollars as were most entrees but had no taste was like a lump of meat. Came with mushrooms and garlic bulb, both could have been canned and were over cooked. They were too busy trying to sell me a side of mashed or macaroni to focus on that my short rib app came with a whole basket of fries, that when you ask whether they have djion mustard to go with the fries they might get back to you with an answer, that if you want to order a glass of cab they might give you the wine list and not bring you the house cab. Never asked how was anything but pushed the sides and the check.Special Features:
- Desi VasquezMuffinDined on 8/26/2014Could not find our reservation (confirmed by phone). We were seated, but the ones behind us were sent to the bar to eat/wait saying there was at least a 45 minute wait, although we saw MANY empty tables as we were shown to ours!! The servers were attentive and very nice. Enjoyed them. Were annoyed by a LOUD table of 6 across the room, with no attempts to quiet them down. The temperature was very cold and was glad I had brought a wrap, although it was in August!! Had been here many times before, but doubt we will go again. Food was okay. But, have had better tasting and nicer presentations for less money. Don't mind paying the price for good quality. Were disappointed, as we came to Tahoe, specifically to dine here. Will not return!Special Features:
- Had a great Birthday Dinner!!RoyceDined on 8/26/2014The View was incredible & timed it perfectly for an unforgettable sunset. The Lobster Mashed potatoes & Heirloom tomato salad were to die for.Special Features:
- Food & View are amazingDarlingCatVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great view on the 19th floor, food was delicious (got the crab chowder, ceaser salad, and shared the lamb).Special Features:
- loved it!HooperDined on 8/23/2014The best sea food I've ever had. Great service,friendly staff. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view but that's about it!aimeezingDined on 8/22/2014Went here to celebrate our anniversary. We were looking for a romantic place with a great view of the lake at sunset and good food. The view is great but that's where it stops. The food was very busy with too many different flavors that didn't go well together and it's extremely overpriced. We love to visit different restaurants and try new things but it was definitely not worth the price. The waitress did her job but she wasn't friendly. For the price you pay the service and food should be impeccable. We definitely won't be back.Special Features:
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014There was one table that was allowed to be loud and noisey and used foul language. Other patrons including our party seated several tables away were annoyed and experienced an unpleasant dinning. I complained to management but nothing was done about it. We paid over 200.00 for a unpleasant dinning experience. It was also a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Great viewsPostrawbDined on 8/15/2014Great views and great food. A lot better service than Friday station and actually about the same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what more could you ask for?legsDined on 8/14/2014the view of the lake is amazing...especially at sunset. the round booths are set up high and offer a very nice view over the tables at the window. the oysters, the creative cocktails, the fresh fish, the truffle mac n cheese...yummy. very kind, helpful, informed waiters and bus staff.Special Features:
- Amazing!KathyODined on 8/12/2014The food, service, wines all amazing. The ambiance is wonderful and we would always recommend 19 Kitchen, and we do! The chef is a 10 across the board. We have never had a bad meal and we love the cotton candy at the end! We will always go to 19 Kitchen when we are in Lake Tahoe, it's the best overall restaurant in town!Special Features:
- A must restaurant to visit and eatJulieDined on 8/12/2014The view from the 19 Kitchen and Bar is beautiful. The Chilean Sea Bass and Filet Mignon was cooked to perfection. The best dessert was homemade donuts with a dark chocolate dipping sauce. and then the final last minute sweet was homemade cotton candy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One time dinner.....StacieDined on 8/9/2014The ambiance was nice with a pretty view of the lake. The staff was friendly, but seemed to be overwhelmed with tables. The food was alright, my steak was slightly over cooked, my husbands was way under seasoned. The sauces were cold, but the mashed potatoes were alright. Decent wine menu. The most fun part of the evening was getting cotton candy at the end with our check. Usually places like these ask if you are Celebrating anything special, they never asked. Tried it once but we will find another nice restaurant next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Disappointing early reservations.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Reserved a table 40 hours ahead, asking for a window view of the lake and was seated on the side, even though a window view table was open for 60 minutes while we ate. The table we wanted and asked for sat open for one hour, until someone more IMPORTANT came to sit there!!!! We were almost done dining when the important people got the best view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never go back because of that.. RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewMattrnbsn1VIPDined on 8/8/2014Nice dinner but give plenty if time. Serving staff excellent. Food a little overpriced however the view is worth it as long as your table has such a view. Recommend more the appetizers than the dinner. Chicken was over cooked. Next time would try others. Had called to add one to the reservation and was told they had to move our time by 30 minutes. We showed 15 minutes early as resturaunt was only 30% occupied. Overall slightly above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good accept the serviceNorCalGoodtimesDined on 8/8/2014Arrived for dinner before a concert. Managed to order & enjoy a few drinks & starters that were all very good, but then after ordering entres, waited for 45 minutes & were avoided by the waiter from then on. Finally canceled the entres & left.. Had the potential to be great, but sadly fell short.
- TahomanTahomanDined on 8/8/2014Great resturants, the food was vey good! The service was great & the view to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointed this timeJustMeVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food and general service were just as fantastic as before for the most part. Our server is who was lacking .. he was slow and inattentive. Needs a refresher course in "Serving 101." Didn't check back after each course was delivered to see how everything was or if we needed anything. There was a long lag after our entree plates were cleared before he presented himself to ask about dessert. Now onto the "good" ... the hostess, Maitre'd, back server and food runner (Irina) all did a stellar job. All were very personable, professional and a great respresentation of your organization. The food and ambiance never dissappoint!Special Features:
- So good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014We were very happy with our dinners! I had sea bass on a bed of risotto, with lobster bits, my companion had the rack of lamb, both done beautifully. The only complaint was that the soup, a lobster, corn chowder, (also delicious) was served about 5 minutes before our wine arrived, poor pacing, and the only reason for 4, and not 5 stars. But we will not hesitate to return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A superb restaurant with great view1Ramon1Dined on 8/1/2014We have been coming to Kitchen 19 for many years for our special occasions, and it always has met our expectations. The staff is very well trained and does a superb job. The menu is American fare but up to 4 star quality. The wine list is very good, as is the dessert list. The view of Lake Tahoe is outstanding, especially when requesting a window table with lake view!Special Features:
- Can't go wrong here :)JustMeVIPDined on 7/30/2014Our second visit in a week. Tried a few more dishes and another wine .. all was every bit as delicious as the first night there. Brian was our server again and was once again fantastic! Definitely a MUST do when in the South Lake Tahoe area!Special Features:
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I appreciate they way we were able to get a great view seat. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and I like the way we were able to put in in the comment section when we made our reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask what the market price isOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014My son learned what market price means. Steak & lobster was $72. He ordered just the lobster... $101.00 for a lobster tail??? Felt that price was excessive.Special Features:
- Amazing views at sunset!TahoeblueDined on 7/26/2014It was a special occasion and 19 made it extra special! The service, food and ambience was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatoutfoodieguruDined on 7/26/2014Awesome as always! Abalone was fantastic...not as good during New Years but great last week!Special Features:
- What a view!JustMeVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great scenic view high atop Harveys and right near the Lake. Treated like royalty from the time we walked into the venue. Great selection of wines by the glass. Excellent, diverse menu selections. Our server, Brian, was spot on .. just the right amount of professionalism, charisma, charm and knowledge. The food was delicious .. just an all around fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Would not go againSophiesChoiceDined on 7/23/2014The food at 19 Kitchen & Bar is good but not great and definitely not worth the prices they charge. There is a beautiful view of Lake Tahoe; however, because we had a party of six we could not sit by the window. Window tables only accommodate up to a party of 4. We assumed, incorrectly, that this was an upscale restaurant and we dressed accordingly. However, that is not the case as we saw many diners in shorts, flip-flops, etc. The service was quite slow so we were there much longer than we anticipated. I would not recommend this to anyone unless you enjoy spending $50+ for a steak you can find almost anywhere.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!PiterVIPDined on 7/22/2014Love this venue, foot is great, views are amazing and Men, don't miss the surprise waiting for you in the bathroom!!?? I only wish the ladies room had something interesting. Special treat was the yummy pink cotton candy that melts in your mouth, I haven't had cotton candy in years and this was better than I ever remembered!!! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Amazing dinner with fantastic viewsMFRANMDined on 7/18/2014Had reservations for a Friday evening at 7PM. We were seated immediately. The view was beautiful and the food was excellent. I had the veal chop and guest had the lamb. The portions were quite large and for me, it was one of the best meals I've had in a very long time.Special Features:
- Wow!larryc518aolcomVIPDined on 7/18/2014The views are spectacular, the food is great, the only problem is the noise. They should not put small groups and large groups in the same area. When they do you cannot have a conversation with the person next to you!Special Features:
- good to badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014started out fabulous but once they got busy the service went down hill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Service & High CostluvspanielsDined on 7/16/2014We had friends in town in mid-July and took them to 19 Kitchen after our fantastic experience there in early June. What a disappointment this time. We were 6 minutes ahead of the opening and the hostess said to wait in the bar area. After 15 mins, we went up to find out about our reservation and she had forgotten we were even there. Our server didn't bring our salads for 50 minutes after he took our order and only remembered after I asked him if we were getting those ahead of the meal. Also, the menu on a Wednesday had risen in price by 40% over what it was just 4 weeks early. Talk about gouging during tourist season. The view is spectacular, but the poor service and price gouging will ensure we don't go again until late September.Special Features: