19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe
Harveys Lake Tahoe Hwy 50
Stateline, NV 89449Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.harveystahoe.com/casinos/harveys-lake-tahoe/restaurants-dining/19-kitchen-bar-detail.html
- Phone: 7755882411x
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: Tuesday to Thursday 4:30pm - 10pm Friday and Saturday 4:30pm - 11pm
Dinner : Tuesday to Thursday 5:30pm - 8:30pm, Friday and Saturday 5:30pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Gerry Evangelista
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from 19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe
At 19 Kitchen * Bar, located on the 19th floor of Harvey's hotel, you'll find spectacular views of the Lake and an eclectic and welcoming menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe - Best Restaurants in Stateline ›
19 Kitchen & Bar - Harvey's Lake Tahoe reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)special occasion (70)romantic (66)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Wonderful meal w/ jaw dropping viewsandiegofoodieDined on 10/15/2014Service was top notch, with my seafood crepes just melting in my mouth. My husband had wild boar and was not disappointed. We requested a table with a view and got a corner table with windows surrounding our fabulous dining experience. We even got to experience a wedding proposal!Special Features:
- Nice upscale restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The restaurant is located on the top floor of Harvey's and the first thing we noticed was the gorgeous scenic view of the lake and the mountains. The lighting was just right, not too bright and not too dim. We thought that the food was not quite 5 star but overall very good. Service was prompt and courteous which I also rate as a 4 star. The interior design was nice overall but I rated this a 5 star for ambiance because of the spectacular views. I personally reserve the 5 star as a standard for the "true" 5 star restaurants that I've frequented all over the country but around Tahoe, I think this is the closest thing to a 5 star you will find in this area.Special Features:
- Great place!8emallDined on 10/10/2014First time to visit and was not disappointed. The food and service was awesome so I will be back. Would prefer to have a reservation at sunset for the views from the 19th floor but could not get there in time. The surprise at the end was the cotton candy. It was a fun way to end a great meal!Special Features:
- Special AnniversarythomanDined on 10/4/2014Had a great dinner at the window with a wonderful sunset and great food and service. The menu was excellent. The appetizers were cry unique and good portions. The entries were also varied and we had the Sea Bass that came with lobster risotto that was to die for! We travel all over the world, and this was a world class evening. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014great place nice view good floor plan but poor service and very overpriced for what you receive.....ribeye steak of poor quality.....per person cost near $80 and would be better priced at 1/2 that.........the poor wait staff killed the deal and for four people spending $350 for a 45 minute rushed dinner because we finally had to request service after waiting 30 minutes....too much.....left a 10% tip and seriously considered nothing....the waiter was good but completely overwhelmed with too many tables and nobody knowing who was whoSpecial Features:
- Can't beat the views.BobdbestVIPDined on 10/4/2014We watched the sunset over the mountains while dining on thr 19th floor. The food is high end and well portioned. The service is less attentive and food more modern than Friday's Station across the street. This give two great options. The cotton candy given at end is a great touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Anniversary Dinner to rememberJustinSaneDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I recently shared an anniverary dinner with her sister and brother-in-law. We had reservations for 7:PM. We requested a window table and even stopped in around 4 to confirm they were aware of our request. Upon arrival we were immediately seated at a corner-window table with stunning views. Our server knew the speacials, had excellent input/opions about the main menu and happily waited for a final decision on one of our drinks. The scallop risoto was excellent and while we had to double check for our oysters, they were exquisite. All of our entree's were well presented and cooked perfectly. The sides, especially the lobster-mash potatoes were fantastic and are suitable for sharing. Over-all, an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 19 Great food, service and ambienceJW272Dined on 9/27/2014Coming to Tahoe since 2005 and had always relied on Fridays Station for our go to dining spot .. No more. First tried 19 in July now back for 2 different nights this past week, both outstanding. Service starts at the front desk, both nights different staff but both met with a smile. Brian was our waiter both nights, friendly and well versed on all entries. Try the wine flight, nice way to get taste of all. Tuna tartar, heirloom salad, lobster bisque, oysters, chicken entree all well prepared and presented. Won't try to describe the views, amazing. Will say that service drives the experience for me and this crew makes it happen. Tahoe prices are on the upper end so service should be as well...19 gets it, Fridays Station has lost it.Special Features:
- 19 kitchen n Bar at TahoeCerferDined on 9/24/2014Quality service, great menu and food, with a wonderful view overlooking Lake Tahoe. Perfect place to celebrate our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dj saysdjmintmanDined on 9/19/2014A world class view opportunity to enjoy a fabulous meal. I enjoyed oysters and antelope!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The waiter was in a big hurry, didn't even bring us water,had to finally ask someone to bring us water. The food needed salt. Had to ask another waiter for that, better food at Fridays Station and better choices. Sorry!! and we were looking forward to eating there.
- PretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We made reservations and since it was off-season and during the week, thought we would get a great table. We ended up being seated in a corner with lake views to one side and parking lot views to the other side. We asked for another table since there were so many empty tables, but were told all the empty tables we were interested in were reserved. Since I made my reservation via Open Table, I wasn't given an option as to which table I could reserve. Disappointing. The food was very good, but also very over-priced. Everything was ala carte on top of that. At the end we were offered a plate of cotton candy (really???who does that). Especially considering the amount of money we paid. A small bowl of gelato would have made more sense.Special Features:
- CobbsDined on 9/2/2014This is the location we held our wedding dinner at and we return every year for our anniversary and the staff is always top notch and the food always perfection. We try to come as often as we can for the amazing view in both summer and winter and for amazing food.Special Features:
- dinner with a viewsuchanDined on 8/31/2014We reserved a table at 19 Kitchen for the South Lake Tahoe Labor Day fireworks display, as most of the restaurant has a clear lake view. When we arrived, the maitre d' insisted there were no lake view tables left, but we were then seated where we had an excellent view. The food is good, if pricey. Our server, Jimmy was great. The fireworks were spectacular, although several bar patrons wanting a look, including an amorous young couple who thought their actions were being hidden when the lights were dimmed for the show (not!), had to be reminded not to block our view. We used to go to Friday's Station in Harrahs for special occasions, but 19 Kitchen has better view, better seating, as good food, and as of late, better wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatingwellhighupDined on 8/31/2014The food, service and view were spectacular... the setting sun was tad too bright, reflection off the lake and all... but all in all lovely.Special Features:
- 19 floors upMiloDeanDined on 8/30/2014Good service both at front desk, bar and dining room. Order appetizers and main course. Steak cooked to order (medium), a little over seasoned but still very flavorful. Sautéed green beans were delicious along with lobster mashed potatoes. Cotton Candy included with dinner so don't order dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best at SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014This is a must try for those wishing to see a great sunset with outstanding dishes to choose from.Special Features:
- Solid Choice for S. Lake TahoeFrequentdiner1Dined on 8/30/2014We had salmon, filet mignon, and seared ahi. Salmon the low point, sent it back for replacement. First try was dry as though it had sat a long while. Replacement was better, not great. The steak was good, nothing special. The Ahi was spectacular, the best we have encountered in the 40 years plus that we have dined out. Melted in the mouth leaving a wonderful flavor. Side dishes were good but nothing special. We had one glass of wine, one beer, and a soda among us. Service was very attentive, knowledgeable and helpful. The view is of Lake Tahoe from 19 floors up. Very nice dining room. Nice separate bar. Price a little over $200 with tip. Overall, good food and good value. Probably about as good as it gets in that area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Food and ServiceoutandaboutVIPDined on 8/30/201419 Kitchen & Bar priced like a top restaurant but offers tasteless food and poor service. New York steak was over $50 dollars as were most entrees but had no taste was like a lump of meat. Came with mushrooms and garlic bulb, both could have been canned and were over cooked. They were too busy trying to sell me a side of mashed or macaroni to focus on that my short rib app came with a whole basket of fries, that when you ask whether they have djion mustard to go with the fries they might get back to you with an answer, that if you want to order a glass of cab they might give you the wine list and not bring you the house cab. Never asked how was anything but pushed the sides and the check.Special Features:
- Desi VasquezMuffinDined on 8/26/2014Could not find our reservation (confirmed by phone). We were seated, but the ones behind us were sent to the bar to eat/wait saying there was at least a 45 minute wait, although we saw MANY empty tables as we were shown to ours!! The servers were attentive and very nice. Enjoyed them. Were annoyed by a LOUD table of 6 across the room, with no attempts to quiet them down. The temperature was very cold and was glad I had brought a wrap, although it was in August!! Had been here many times before, but doubt we will go again. Food was okay. But, have had better tasting and nicer presentations for less money. Don't mind paying the price for good quality. Were disappointed, as we came to Tahoe, specifically to dine here. Will not return!Special Features:
- Had a great Birthday Dinner!!RoyceDined on 8/26/2014The View was incredible & timed it perfectly for an unforgettable sunset. The Lobster Mashed potatoes & Heirloom tomato salad were to die for.Special Features:
- Food & View are amazingDarlingCatVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great view on the 19th floor, food was delicious (got the crab chowder, ceaser salad, and shared the lamb).Special Features:
- loved it!HooperDined on 8/23/2014The best sea food I've ever had. Great service,friendly staff. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view but that's about it!aimeezingDined on 8/22/2014Went here to celebrate our anniversary. We were looking for a romantic place with a great view of the lake at sunset and good food. The view is great but that's where it stops. The food was very busy with too many different flavors that didn't go well together and it's extremely overpriced. We love to visit different restaurants and try new things but it was definitely not worth the price. The waitress did her job but she wasn't friendly. For the price you pay the service and food should be impeccable. We definitely won't be back.Special Features:
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014There was one table that was allowed to be loud and noisey and used foul language. Other patrons including our party seated several tables away were annoyed and experienced an unpleasant dinning. I complained to management but nothing was done about it. We paid over 200.00 for a unpleasant dinning experience. It was also a birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Great viewsPostrawbDined on 8/15/2014Great views and great food. A lot better service than Friday station and actually about the same price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what more could you ask for?legsDined on 8/14/2014the view of the lake is amazing...especially at sunset. the round booths are set up high and offer a very nice view over the tables at the window. the oysters, the creative cocktails, the fresh fish, the truffle mac n cheese...yummy. very kind, helpful, informed waiters and bus staff.Special Features:
- Amazing!KathyODined on 8/12/2014The food, service, wines all amazing. The ambiance is wonderful and we would always recommend 19 Kitchen, and we do! The chef is a 10 across the board. We have never had a bad meal and we love the cotton candy at the end! We will always go to 19 Kitchen when we are in Lake Tahoe, it's the best overall restaurant in town!Special Features:
- A must restaurant to visit and eatJulieDined on 8/12/2014The view from the 19 Kitchen and Bar is beautiful. The Chilean Sea Bass and Filet Mignon was cooked to perfection. The best dessert was homemade donuts with a dark chocolate dipping sauce. and then the final last minute sweet was homemade cotton candy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One time dinner.....StacieDined on 8/9/2014The ambiance was nice with a pretty view of the lake. The staff was friendly, but seemed to be overwhelmed with tables. The food was alright, my steak was slightly over cooked, my husbands was way under seasoned. The sauces were cold, but the mashed potatoes were alright. Decent wine menu. The most fun part of the evening was getting cotton candy at the end with our check. Usually places like these ask if you are Celebrating anything special, they never asked. Tried it once but we will find another nice restaurant next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Disappointing early reservations.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Reserved a table 40 hours ahead, asking for a window view of the lake and was seated on the side, even though a window view table was open for 60 minutes while we ate. The table we wanted and asked for sat open for one hour, until someone more IMPORTANT came to sit there!!!! We were almost done dining when the important people got the best view!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never go back because of that.. RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewMattrnbsn1VIPDined on 8/8/2014Nice dinner but give plenty if time. Serving staff excellent. Food a little overpriced however the view is worth it as long as your table has such a view. Recommend more the appetizers than the dinner. Chicken was over cooked. Next time would try others. Had called to add one to the reservation and was told they had to move our time by 30 minutes. We showed 15 minutes early as resturaunt was only 30% occupied. Overall slightly above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good accept the serviceNorCalGoodtimesDined on 8/8/2014Arrived for dinner before a concert. Managed to order & enjoy a few drinks & starters that were all very good, but then after ordering entres, waited for 45 minutes & were avoided by the waiter from then on. Finally canceled the entres & left.. Had the potential to be great, but sadly fell short.
- TahomanTahomanDined on 8/8/2014Great resturants, the food was vey good! The service was great & the view to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little disappointed this timeJustMeVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food and general service were just as fantastic as before for the most part. Our server is who was lacking .. he was slow and inattentive. Needs a refresher course in "Serving 101." Didn't check back after each course was delivered to see how everything was or if we needed anything. There was a long lag after our entree plates were cleared before he presented himself to ask about dessert. Now onto the "good" ... the hostess, Maitre'd, back server and food runner (Irina) all did a stellar job. All were very personable, professional and a great respresentation of your organization. The food and ambiance never dissappoint!Special Features:
- So good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014We were very happy with our dinners! I had sea bass on a bed of risotto, with lobster bits, my companion had the rack of lamb, both done beautifully. The only complaint was that the soup, a lobster, corn chowder, (also delicious) was served about 5 minutes before our wine arrived, poor pacing, and the only reason for 4, and not 5 stars. But we will not hesitate to return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A superb restaurant with great view1Ramon1Dined on 8/1/2014We have been coming to Kitchen 19 for many years for our special occasions, and it always has met our expectations. The staff is very well trained and does a superb job. The menu is American fare but up to 4 star quality. The wine list is very good, as is the dessert list. The view of Lake Tahoe is outstanding, especially when requesting a window table with lake view!Special Features:
- Can't go wrong here :)JustMeVIPDined on 7/30/2014Our second visit in a week. Tried a few more dishes and another wine .. all was every bit as delicious as the first night there. Brian was our server again and was once again fantastic! Definitely a MUST do when in the South Lake Tahoe area!Special Features:
- Thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I appreciate they way we were able to get a great view seat. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and I like the way we were able to put in in the comment section when we made our reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask what the market price isOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014My son learned what market price means. Steak & lobster was $72. He ordered just the lobster... $101.00 for a lobster tail??? Felt that price was excessive.Special Features: