18th street Tarallucci E Vino
15 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
18th street Tarallucci E Vino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taralluccievino.net/
- Phone: 2122285400x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am, Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Welch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tarallucci e Vino wants to cater your event. We have extensive experience making small and large parties memorable occasions for a variety of clients. We’re happy to meet any equipment and staff needs you may have, and we can even help you find a location.
You can choose from our catering menu, but if you have specific requests we’ll be glad to accommodate you. And if you’d like to serve alcohol at your event we’re licensed to serve the same excellent beer and wine you’ll find in our restaurant.
A word from 18th street Tarallucci E Vino
Tarallucci e Vino is loved for its rare, hard-to-capture Italian experience. Rated “the best and the most true to the Italian way” by Vanity Fair, Tarallucci e Vino was founded by Italians in NY to capture the casual elegance of Italy’s “bar” or “caffé” culture. Chef Andrew Welch, formerly of Essex House & Esca, joined in March 2013. He offers an artisanal, seasonal menu paired with wine from small-batch producers. His food reflects a close relationship with neighboring Greenmarket & his family’s organic farm. The result is a convivial, authentic spot perfect for having a handmade pastry & espresso in the morning, hand-crafted pasta at lunch, & a small feast at night. Other highlights include complimentary stuzzichini served with an aperitivi between 5 & 7pm; gluten free pasta; and 25 wines by the glass. Recent Ospitalità Italiana Award winner for authentic Italian cuisine, Tarallucci e Vino is known for its “sophisticated atmosphere” and is “satisfying in every way” – NY Times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
18th street Tarallucci E Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (26)great for brunch (19)notable wine list (16)good for groups (15)romantic (11)special occasion (10)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Delicious BreakfastscottyVIPDined on 9/13/2014Small menu but what is on there is exceptional. Quiche was spot on. Light and flaky... Waitress was service with a smile without being overbearing. Perfect way to start the daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place has gone off the boilForesterw4Dined on 9/12/2014We brought friends to dine here because we have been a number of times and enjoyed it. But on this visit the food was terrible. My pasta dish was tasteless, the black sea bass had not been prepared properly and still had scales on - which is pretty much unforgiveable. The portions were small and it was expensive. The server was neutral - no friendliness or interest - just there to take the order - which at these prices just isnt good enough.
- Our Go-ToOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Whether it's Brunch with amazing coffee, a business lunch, or a special occasion, Tarallucci E Vino has become our Go-To spot.Special Features:
- Delicious!JP730Dined on 8/16/2014I've always loved the restaurant, but I particularly loved the service by the hostess and our server. Both were extremely accommodating to my constantly changing reservation, and they did a wonderful job of making it a special birthday brunch with lovely touches like a candle and delicious cookies with our coffee. The food was also delicious, as always - I got the vegetarian quiche and loved it, and the uovo e polenta that my dining companion got was also well-made and the perfect portion size for brunch! We loved our experience and can't wait to be back again.Special Features:
- Will Dine Here Again4everFoodieDined on 8/15/2014I went to Taralluci E Vino, for the first time, on the last day of Restaurant Week, for dinner. The menu for restaurant week had a nice combination of meat and fish. Everyone was friendly and very accommodating. We arrived a little early for dinner, and they allowed us to sit at the table and wait for the transition to dinner before ordering. The food's presentation and taste was sooooooo good. Taralluci E Vino has acquired a new patron!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch with a buddy- yumMaria27Dined on 8/15/2014I participated in restaurant week in nyc and selected this gem for brunch. The food was delightful and the ambiance was rustic and tranquil. An ideal place for catching up with friends.Special Features:
- Great meal and experience.PinnyDined on 8/14/2014Went for restaurant week - three courses were generous and well prepared. We complained about one small matter to our waiter and were graciously given a bitter complimentary Italian liquor at the end of our meal. We lingered for a while longer, and Matt, our waiter, was adorable and engaging and friendly the whole time. the restaurant itself is a lovely setting perfect for enjoying delicious dishes - some inventive and new, some old favorites with a twist, all very good. highly recommend.Special Features:
- Not the best.RandiVIPDined on 8/8/2014Restaurant week menu was interesting however our server informed us that if everyone doesn't order from the restaurant week menu then none of us could. My friend objected to the rule and they changed their policy for us. We should have left right then and there. Ravioli was not what I expected. Way too rich. The lambchops had a strange smell. Couldn't even nibble on the bone. My friend ordered the pasta which was way too al dente in my opinion. She couldn't eat it. Desserts were also not great. Will not be back. Sorry.
- Enjoyable lunchCARIENYDined on 8/8/2014Very enjoyable lunch -- ambiance, food, wine, service. Can get a little noisy, making it difficult to converse with your lunch partner(s).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, foodashleysimDined on 8/6/2014Thank you so much for everything during our lunch. The service and food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's with the smell?elleVIPDined on 7/30/2014Our meal was fine. My husband had the restaurant week menu of cod. I didn't try it, but he ate the whole thing. My panino was okay. The desserts were both great. But, I have a very sensitive nose. When we first walked in, there was a funky, as in, not nice, odor. I don't know what it was. Otherwise all was good, and deal was great value.Special Features:
- Great food & wine; friendly staffDsnwriterDined on 7/28/2014Have been here several times, inc. this week for a group lunch and last week for a birthday dinner. On July 3, an empty NYC weekend allowed three of us to come in and dine outdoors without a reservation. Every time the staff is amenable and makes good suggestions. Great wine list and decor.Special Features:
- Great fiori di zucchine appetizerMs2507Dined on 7/25/2014Great food and friendly crowd and staff a good place in the Union Square areaI would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnnyKVIPDined on 7/23/2014Went to Tarallucci for lunch the other day on 18th street and I must say it was delicious! I am a foodie - eating out all the time, and was impressed by the delicious flavors and freshness of everything we ordered. It reminded me of being in Italy and stopping by the neighborhood haunt. Loved the oils and balsalmic vinegars used in a number of dishes and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Deliciously and Intimately LoudBobs516VIPDined on 7/22/2014Tarallucci E Vino is a great place located in a convenient location. Walking distance from Union Square, the venue and menu are both inviting. Despite the clever, delicious and thoughtful entries, which are reasonably priced, the closeness of the tables and the loud level of noise throughout the restaurant, beginning immediately upon entering at the bar, takes away from what could be an incredible dining experience. A little more space, and a lot less volume would fix the great potential the restaurant has.Special Features:
- Surprising delightFabDDined on 7/22/2014Had walked by this place many times and then saw it on Restaurant week and snagged a reservation. The full menu looked most engaging but the restaurant week menu was too good of a bargain to pass up. And we were fully delighted with each of our meals. Perfectly done zucchini blossoms to start, heavenly ravioli with morels, and the true delight was a combination of dark cherry sorbet, chocolate mousse, 2 petite brownies with vanilla gelato….heavenly. My colleagues and I are still congratulating ourselves on our marvelous new find. Definitely worth a visit for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencecasualDiningDined on 7/21/2014The food and wine were outstanding. The brightly lite space had a very lively crowd for a Monday night. Given the food I could see why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dinningbklynfoodieDined on 7/21/2014Convenient location, clean and bright with excellent service. Food was very good.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian foodPandaNYVIPDined on 7/17/2014Had dinner recently with a friend here, and everything we ordered was fresh and delicious. She had the special appetizer, which was buffalo mozzarella and tomatoes, while I had the octopus. The cheese was so soft and flavorful while my octopus was grilled perfectly, with the slight char and lemony tang but still tender. We both ended up ordering the Strozzapreti with crab and sea urchin. The pasta was al dente and amazingly good. I could eat that everyday. Also had the semifreddo for dessert, also good, great refreshing end to the meal. Service was attentive. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeMRNYCVIPDined on 7/12/2014we loved there so much we went back again and again, its great food with amazing serviceSpecial Features:
- OKKim1VIPDined on 7/10/2014A couple of menu choices ( oysters and asparagus) not available. Tap water poured into glass of sparkling. Wrong wine brought to the table. So we got off to a bad start! But the food and wine when it came was ok. Ended up being a reasonable experience.
- A corner of ItalymyvueVIPDined on 7/8/2014Notwithstanding its tongue-twister of a name, and simple decor, this charming spot on 18th street near Union Square offers authentic Italian food at a good price and has a wonderful coffee bar as well. In addition, the gelato is fantastic. I've order it in pots to have for a party at home.Special Features:
- Wonderful New York SurpriseLuluDined on 6/27/2014We were invited for a birthday party to the upstairs private room and decided to come early and have dinner at the restaurant. Aside from the very loud music playing when we came in, the dinner was completely enjoyable, and the waitstaff could not have been more accommodating. We don't eat salt in restaurants anymore and they were willing to prepare all of our food exactly as we asked for it. The Burrata appetizer was probably the best I have eaten. I had black bass and my husband had the bronzino and both were really excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy on 18th StreetMichel6NYCDined on 6/12/2014Love this cosy and very Italian cafe. Authentic, friendly, and delicious. Perfect cappuccino! Must go!Special Features:
- always a treatDanLDined on 6/11/2014food is always the best - fresh, spiced well, always something interesting on the menu - and the ambiance is great for a quiet evening; always great wait staffSpecial Features:
- ExcellentAnginiDined on 6/6/2014Authentic delicious italian food. I have been there twice and been impressed both times. Good wine list and nice staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Dinner, Reasonable CostBernieVIPDined on 6/6/2014Dinner was for the most part excellent. The food was well prepared, fresh, and served well. A pasta dish was mostly sauce, an oddity, but for the most part the dinner was precisely what was expected, and very well executed. Well worth a visit.
- delicious Italian faresatisfiedfoodiesDined on 6/5/2014The risotto & bronzini were particularly good & they have decent gluten free pasta for those who need it. The only drawbacks were the high noise level that made it hard to have a conversation & the fairly slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 271 reviews are from the 18th street Tarallucci E Vino reviews archive.
- Memorable Memorial DayMare1952Dined on 5/26/2014Enjoyed a delicious dinner with a former colleague visiting from Seattle. Friendly, helpful service and accurate descriptions of the items on and off the menu. I've have been several times and am never disappointed. Always thrilled to have soft shell crabs during the sort season.Special Features:
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2014Since I could only see good reviews for the restaurant , we gave it a try. The food was disappointing across the board. There were 6 of us and none of us thought our dinners were good with the exception of the steak. It is a nicely designed place so visually good but the background noise is unexceptable, Nonie if us could hear one thing anyone was saying... Ridiculous.
- Excellent FoodMJBNYCVIPDined on 5/16/2014If you are looking for something different, yet know good food when you taste it, try Tarallucci E Vino. We were pleasantly surprised as the dishes and taste.Special Features:
- Italian gemNickVIPDined on 4/29/2014We had a great time at the restaurant! From the wine to the dessert it was a pretty flawless experience. Will come back and recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid for a datewineluvahDined on 4/26/2014I went here for drinks. The atmosphere, service, and offerings (wine) were quite solid, but what stood out was the hostess' (I forgot her name - young lady with brown hair and a pleasant smile) service. I actually visited the venue a few hours early to check it out as it was my first time, and my dinner (at another venue) happened to end far earlier than my 8:15pm reservation. I called Tarallucci E Vino to explain and she said she'd try to get me seats given we'd be arriving 30 minutes too early. Fortunately, we were able to get a spot, and the evening was absolutely delightful: the wines chosen were very good in a classy and mature environment. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Judy555VIPDined on 4/17/2014Dinner with group. Lovely, rustic, elegant setting. Extensive wine lists, also available by glass. From reservation to service was just so friendly and warm. Appetizers and desserts really stood out. Very enjoyable & would def go back.Special Features:
- Solid brunchKimCVIPDined on 4/13/2014I loved the brunch here, very good and reasonable prices. The waiter kept trying to push dessert and drinks on us which was a bit much but other than that I really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great italian wine and foodAuggiezDined on 4/3/2014Great food and atmosphere. We chose an inexpensive wine and were impressed. Too bad they ran out after the firs bottle.Special Features:
- the food was not what I expected.foodiex3Dined on 4/2/2014the food was not what I expected. i went for dinner and I like the ambiance and the waiter was nice. It took forever for the food to come out and when it did, my food was cold so I asked the waiter to reheat my food, which he did nicely. But after the first 5 bites, I couldn't finish my plate. It had no flavor, it was just bad. My mom ordered the fish dish and she did not like it as well. The food is not worth the hype nor worth the price. i will not be returning.
- A little Italy in USQOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/1/2014Close your eyes then imagine an intimate cafe on Italy & you have it. Delicious food & wine - always a warm welcome. Like eating in a small Italian cafe tucked away on a side street.Special Features:
- Fantastic all around!OpenTable Diner Since 1999Dined on 3/31/2014Food is elegant and delicious, service was great at bar as well as dining room, a proper fun experience worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really really cute spot insundaybrunchVIPDined on 3/30/2014Really really cute spot in the Union Square area. I came for Sunday brunch with a girlfriend and was impressed by the ambience and service at the restaurant. The only thing that wasn't perfect was that my friend's potatoes were virtually raw, so what should have been a dish of egg, asparagus, bacon and potatoes ended up just being the first three. I ordered the PLT and loved it. Perfect size and perfect balance of ingredients.Special Features: