18th street Tarallucci E Vino
15 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
18th street Tarallucci E Vino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.taralluccievino.net/
- Phone: (212) 228-5400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am, Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Welch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tarallucci e Vino wants to cater your event. We have extensive experience making small and large parties memorable occasions for a variety of clients. We’re happy to meet any equipment and staff needs you may have, and we can even help you find a location.
You can choose from our catering menu, but if you have specific requests we’ll be glad to accommodate you. And if you’d like to serve alcohol at your event we’re licensed to serve the same excellent beer and wine you’ll find in our restaurant.
A word from 18th street Tarallucci E Vino
Tarallucci e Vino is loved for its rare, hard-to-capture Italian experience. Rated “the best and the most true to the Italian way” by Vanity Fair, Tarallucci e Vino was founded by Italians in NY to capture the casual elegance of Italy’s “bar” or “caffé” culture. Chef Andrew Welch, formerly of Essex House & Esca, joined in March 2013. He offers an artisanal, seasonal menu paired with wine from small-batch producers. His food reflects a close relationship with neighboring Greenmarket & his family’s organic farm. The result is a convivial, authentic spot perfect for having a handmade pastry & espresso in the morning, hand-crafted pasta at lunch, & a small feast at night. Other highlights include complimentary stuzzichini served with an aperitivi between 5 & 7pm; gluten free pasta; and 25 wines by the glass. Recent Ospitalità Italiana Award winner for authentic Italian cuisine, Tarallucci e Vino is known for its “sophisticated atmosphere” and is “satisfying in every way” – NY Times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
18th street Tarallucci E Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (14)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (13)romantic (10)special occasion (10)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Solid brunchKimCVIPDined on 4/13/2014I loved the brunch here, very good and reasonable prices. The waiter kept trying to push dessert and drinks on us which was a bit much but other than that I really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great italian wine and foodAuggiezDined on 4/3/2014Great food and atmosphere. We chose an inexpensive wine and were impressed. Too bad they ran out after the firs bottle.Special Features:
- the food was not what I expected.foodiex3Dined on 4/2/2014the food was not what I expected. i went for dinner and I like the ambiance and the waiter was nice. It took forever for the food to come out and when it did, my food was cold so I asked the waiter to reheat my food, which he did nicely. But after the first 5 bites, I couldn't finish my plate. It had no flavor, it was just bad. My mom ordered the fish dish and she did not like it as well. The food is not worth the hype nor worth the price. i will not be returning.
- A little Italy in USQOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/1/2014Close your eyes then imagine an intimate cafe on Italy & you have it. Delicious food & wine - always a warm welcome. Like eating in a small Italian cafe tucked away on a side street.Special Features:
- Fantastic all around!OpenTable Diner Since 1999Dined on 3/31/2014Food is elegant and delicious, service was great at bar as well as dining room, a proper fun experience worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really really cute spot insundaybrunchVIPDined on 3/30/2014Really really cute spot in the Union Square area. I came for Sunday brunch with a girlfriend and was impressed by the ambience and service at the restaurant. The only thing that wasn't perfect was that my friend's potatoes were virtually raw, so what should have been a dish of egg, asparagus, bacon and potatoes ended up just being the first three. I ordered the PLT and loved it. Perfect size and perfect balance of ingredients.Special Features:
- Excellent Service and MenuFrancescaVIPDined on 3/27/2014Great ambiance for business meeting, but with high noise level. Wonderful menu and service!Special Features:
- A great place for dinnerMRNYCVIPDined on 3/22/2014The service is wonderful, staff are friendly with a sense of humor, the food is very very good and the presentation is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet brunch, easy going and comfySteveVIPDined on 3/22/2014If you are looking for an inexpensive, simple, right-sized portions, cozy, quiet, well-serviced brunch place near union square, this place is worth a try. My gf have returned a couple of times already and each time enjoyed a quick, well served occasion for under $37. That includes a bfast entree and coffee for each, and complementary breads. The french toast is overly sweet, but the eggs entrees including the quiche are tasty and simply prepared for a good bite. Note: not a place for those hoping to indulge for bfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place! We had been beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/20/2014Fun place! We had been before and are plotting our return!Special Features:
- Great local ItalianRachelVIPDined on 3/12/2014Lovely, low key resto, but with excellent quality food and great service. Loved the pasta with Nduja salami, I havent found that anywhere else in NY. Fab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDatvaderDined on 3/12/2014Went here for a business dinner. Fine enough to be classy, intimate and quiet enough to have real conversation. Great wine list to get just the right amount of tipsy and service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/8/2014Our service would have to be called super European as our server was no where to be seen so we were allowed to lounge without food and drink for nearly a 45 minutes. No worries though, even after requesting service several times, the server kept to their plan and stayed away even with just a handful of tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- oasis in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/7/2014A calm atmosphere with delicious food, They always welcome me back and have great coffee, pastries, and brunch dishes,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/2/2014My husband and I went for brunch on Sunday and had a lovely time. The restaurant was rustic and the food was warm and inviting. It was the perfect Italian twist to a typical brunch menu. We will definitely be back for dinner one night and sample the dinner menu as well as all of the lovely wines available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/19/2014I ordered the scallops/cockles for lunch. It was sort of flavorless and a bit undercooked. The brussell sprouts were excellent but the salad was slightly overdressed for me. The wait staff was great but the noise level at lunch made if difficult to hear/talk.
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/16/2014This used to be a neighborhood gem but brunch at T&V was mediocre at best. Portions skimpy, under-cooked eggs and a generally chilly vibe by the staff. Highly disappointed with Sunday brunch and am not sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- Nothing truly memorable.FoodieDined on 2/16/2014We were there for brunch. It was pretty good. Good cappuccinos. The space was not very warm and welcoming. The service was okay.Special Features:
- Thanks for a lovely ValentinesKitosanDined on 2/14/2014Everything was excellent. I chose based on a combination of location and ratings but would put it on the list of places to use as a destination. This was an integral part of a memorable Valentines celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFIFIDined on 2/11/2014Food and ambience were great. My friend is allergic to wheat so the gluten free pasta is a good option. The waiter (while having good intentions) served both appetizers to my friend who would have preferred just the salad that she ordered. I sensed she was put off by this - always best to allow customers to have food served in the manner they wishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian in downtownkarenVIPDined on 2/4/2014Made a reservation for lunch and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food. Great pasta and salads and creative desserts. Ordered a pasta dish with duck and an arugola salad. Everything was exellent. Good service and rustic atmosphere. Feels like dining in Tuscany.Special Features:
- YummyAudteyLVIPDined on 2/1/2014Came for brunch. Ordered from pre fix. Eggplant dish was the best I have tasted. My frittata was bubbling hot when it arrived. Very tasty. My friend ordered a salad followed by brioch French Toast. Both our meals were excellent. Service friendly and professional. Mimosas and Belinis very good. Decor on the deconstructed side. Noise negligible. Would be interested enough to return for dinner.Special Features:
- Nice staff, good fooddinerxDined on 1/25/2014Despite not having any high chairs, the staff was very accommodating about our group dining with a one year old. They seated us where the stroller would be out of the way and it wasn't a problem at all. Food was good, if not exceptional, but the ambiance is pleasant and the cornetto pastries were delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing and reliable..CJA1Dined on 1/22/2014Taralucci e Vino leads the pack in my stable Union Square gems (almost once a week). First class and service, great wine list and prices are flexible for a quick bite or a special occasion. I also love the fact that I do not need to stress too much about getting a table, living in the city it is great to be a little spontaneous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency personifiedDelectaVIPDined on 1/21/2014Food and service are beyond reproach. Excellent establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningBarbadoffDined on 1/8/2014We took a client and his wife, here for dinner, at the client's suggestion. We were all completely pleased with the experience. The restaurant had clean, modern lines. Simple but elegant and warmed by lots of tea lights. It was a plus that we were seated in a cozy, curved booth, The service was outstanding, our waitress was attentive and charming. Water glasses always filled and bread basket replaced without asking, The food was delicious. We all liked every appetizer and entree. We chose homemade gelato for dessert and the flavored were amazing. I highlyu recommend this restaurant and can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, fabulous foodNancylynnDined on 1/3/2014We chose this place because it listed gluten-free pasta as an option for our teenage son who has celiac. First of all: great location. Second of all: wonderful ambience/atmosphere. Very high marks for decor, lighting, ambience, feel. We sat at a round table in the back..there were five of us total. It was the perfect combination of great atmosphere in a perfect location and the food was outstanding. The gnudi in particular was out of this world delicious beyond belief. We even found a gluten-free chocolate "ball" for dessert that was delicious and everyone demolished it with gusto. My only complaint is that it took the waiter a while to take our drink order once we were seated. This confused me because the restaurant was not full.Special Features:
- Simple, elegant and deliciousDanLDined on 1/3/2014This is a favorite spot for dinner with friends. The wait staff is always excellent; attentive but not overbearing. Everything we've tried on the menu has been fresh and beautifully presented. The wine list is very good. Prices are right. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian on Union SquareAmeliaDined on 1/1/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Tarallucci E Vino. We got an Open Table voucher for a Christmas present. The salami starter was lovely. I had a lobster risotto cake and piece of poached lobster table which was nice but pricey $39. My boyfriend had the veal breast. We loved the atmosphere and decor. Our waiter was a bit scatty. Said he'd tell us the specials and then didn't. We made our reservation earlier than initial time to go to movie and they were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodCJwithfamilyDined on 12/28/2013Nice service, lovely food. Super with glutenfree tagliatelle. Unfortunately we were cold because of the Air condition was blowing straight at us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice go-to neighborhood spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/21/2013Nice go-to neighborhood spot. Needed a place for lunch prior to movie and didn't want a chain. This place is cute and homey. A little too homey for me. I like kids as much, if not more, than the next person but this place filled up with parents and strollers. Paninis were good, service a tad slow but ok. While this was not a good match for me, it's clearly a hit with a different demographic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the coffee/wine barMelemellyVIPDined on 12/15/2013Loved the coffee/wine bar in the front of the retaurant whiel you wait for a table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming neighborhood standbynycgrannyVIPDined on 12/7/2013Four of us enjoyed dnner here Saurday nightafter a movie. Pastas were great as was the burrata appetzer. Especially good tiramisu. Charming ambience with brick walls. Not exactly a destination place but if you are in the neofhborhood definitely a satisfyibg evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfully ItalianLizzieDined on 12/4/2013more true italian food than most. Not a red sauce place. Not crazy prices..like all restaurants today..they should NOT play music. I go back because of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another downtown jointExchefDined on 11/16/2013A fairly good place featuring rustic décor and tables with lots of young adults. Food OK, nothing outstanding, and service wise our waiter seemed distracted. Given the location, it was ordinary fare, but the ambience was very nice and energetic for a Sunday brunch. There are lots of better places in this neighborhood.Special Features:
- Food was good but the helpingsnycgalVIPDined on 11/10/2013Food was good but the helpings were super tiny for brunch. Service was pleasant.
- Reliably goodSublimeVIPDined on 11/8/2013The food isn't revolutionary but it's always good and, as important, the service is always wonderful here.Special Features:
- Food good, but the restaurantBrenDined on 10/24/2013Food good, but the restaurant is very noisy. Service not so good. The server kept forgetting to bring things that we asked for, like cheese for pasta, butter for bread, etc.Special Features:
- " this or that "onceisenufDined on 10/15/2013Since it was my birthday my wife and son left the restaurant choice up to me . The friendly staff welcomed us and led us ( as requested) to a quiet corner table . Our well spoken and enthusiastic waiter answered all our questions with accuracy and enthusiasm . The beverages and miniscule bread basket came quickly. Here is where the restaurant disappointed us as the menu was very small in size and selection . The limited amount of appetizers , first course and entrees were disappointing and there are no daily specials . It seemed as if it came down t"o this or that ". The food was very well presented and tasty but somehow the lack of choices and overall service were good but did not measure up to my expectations for a memorable event .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends from Amsterdam impressed!Mare1952Dined on 10/11/2013Good friends were i from Amsterdam and we had a delightful and delicious evening. Service was friendly and attentive. They have travelled the world and love their food. Said it was their best meal of the week in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.