1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon
2001 Foothill Road
Genoa, NV 89411Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1862davidwalleysresort.com/
- Phone: (775) 782-6602
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and Lunch: 7:30 am - 2:30 pm Mon. - Wed.
7:30 am - 5:30 pm Thurs. - Sun.
1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon
Dinner: Daily: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Sunset Special 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:30 - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Richard LaCount
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs Resort & Spa provides the perfect venue for your wedding. We are open year-round, providing the highest quality customer service for each event. We lead our industry with innovative event services, demanding our staff and all our vendors abide by the highest principles of ethics and professionalism. We do all this to support you in creating the wedding / Special event of your dreams. Over the last 150 years, 1862 David Walley's Hot Springs Resort and Spa has hosted thousands of weddings and events for people from all walks of life. In doing so, we personalized each event. You'll find options to customize any facet of your event. Whether it is incorporating family traditions, or selecting the perfect wine. Whatever your preference, we are happy to personalize any aspect of your special day.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Stokes 775-309-4561
- Entertainment: Friday & Saturday Live Music!
A word from 1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon
Nestled in the Sierra Mountain Valley, with a 360 degree view of the majestic Sierra Mountain range, 1862 David Walley’s Hot Springs Resort, Spa, Restaurant & Saloon is just minutes from world-class Skiing. At our newly remodeled 1862 Restaurant & Saloon you can enjoy a casual fine dining adventure while you entertain your palette with gourmet wild game or fresh seafood. Recently honored with the "Award of Excellence" by Wine Spectator Magazine, you will find the finest selection of wines in our region. Your hunger will be demolished with ample portions for every meal of the day. After dining, enjoy a cocktail and live music in this historic landmark and create a legacy of your own.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon - Best Restaurants in South Shore ›
1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (33)scenic view (32)notable wine list (19)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great FindtravelingdinersDined on 10/13/2014Went there for our Canadian Thanksgiving dinner and had the duck. The food was delicious and the service was great. The noise level would have been quiet except for the one "loud talker" at the table next to us. Although it wasn't busy, all the window tables were taken, unfortunately.Special Features:
- PlaceRtwiceDined on 10/12/2014We have been going there for many years and we love it.Special Features:
- DinnerbufDined on 10/11/2014Food was good, service was extremely slow. This is a great location with great views, but the service and professionalism was lacking.Special Features:
- Our main entrees were very good.sfdhDined on 10/10/2014We had the duck breast and gumbo. However, my husbands martini had too much vermouth (my manhatten was good). The rolls were great. The calamari and its sauces boring and the waitress brought us the wrong salad which was greens instead of spinach but we didnt care enough to send them back and wanted to eat something besides more carbs but the salad was again rather blah. We had no room for dessert. We did like that they have decent bottles of wine for $20, like the Cline Zinfandel we chose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall best placetopchefDined on 10/2/2014Food outstanding, historical hotel great service.Best find for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceSkeeterDined on 9/29/2014We had a great time there, from beginning to end. Dawn did a wonderful job taking care of us. The chef also did a great job, the selections were more then enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Very good food, great wine, romantic atmosphere. The restaurant appears to be in a transition phase. It seems a few things have fallen through the cracks. Staff could use some extra training. Very polite waitress but she was a bit scatter brained and often forgot our requests (water, more bread, a pen to sign the bill, etc.). Overall fine experience. The food made up for the lack luster service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBLMckenzieDined on 9/13/2014After having a huge letdown on our room we were very pleasantly surprised with our dining experience. The ambiance was amazing, the view was beautiful, and the food was delicious! If it weren't for the false advertised room we would definitely stay at the resort again and eat here each night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014When window seats are available, you should seat "Couples" at the windows first, then seat what is available at the second level. IT was our anniversary and we weren't even offered to seat a the beautiful window seats. Sometimes young inexperienced hostesses show their age, by not thinking of things, likes seating a couple at a romantic spot, or giving the option to the couple. There were four window seats of tables for two, and they were not even offered to us. The food was good, but the menu was not like the one on the "Open Table" web site.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014Beautiful view. Attentive and knowledgeable server. Prix fixe menu exceptional. Every selection was top notch for a very reasonable price. Definitely recommend to friends and will be back ourselves as often as possibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAGOVIPDined on 9/5/2014David Walley's has rustic charm and a relaxed atmosphere. Service here needs improvement, from the reservationist to server. We called to add a 5th person to our reservation for 4. Our call was not returned until shortly before the reservation. It was not crowded and eventually they did accommodate us, but not graciously. Waitress could not find the bottle of wine we ordered off the wine list, also did not know how to open the wax top. White wine not chilled, although she did bring an ice bucket. Food was ok, but not great, pork chop seemed to be the best option. Prix fixed menu was a reasonable price and best choice. Pasta with mushroom and sausage was good. Desserts not impressive, cheesecake was frozen in the center.
- A wonderful experienceAltahoeDined on 9/4/2014I bought a deal which also included use of the hot springs. The restaurant and saloon were both upscale and festive.. The food was well prepared and tasty. The wait staff were efficient and friendly. I would recommend this establishment for special occasions, as it can be pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was one of the best. Gone down hillpaladin44Dined on 8/28/2014Sadly, one of our favorite restaurants has gone down hill to the point where we will no longer go back. We gave them one last try only to have another very disappointing experience. There was no one at the front to greet & seat for about 10 minutes upon arriving, even though several of the staff walked by saying someone would be 'with you shortly'. It took 3 requests after we sat down to get some water, and 2 requests to get some bread. These are basics that a good restaurant would handle flawlessly. My salad was drenched with dressing. I ordered a Rib eye medium rare; they delivered a very thin Sirloin well done. My wife ordered Prime Rib medium well; it was delivered medium rare. For dessert the cookie was burnt, and by then so were we.
- Quiet and unrushednjoylifeDined on 8/26/2014I choose to go there on a spur of the moment decision. It was mid week so not so crowded. The main seating area had great views of the valley and wildlife. What I didn't do was set aside time to enjoy the spa next to the restaurant. Next time I will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014FANTASTIC great food! Then dip in mineral spings - havent seen in years. Sulpher and all. My skin loving the minerals. Coming bk to stay overnight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a fun date night!TravelingTavenersDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I bought a groupon with a four course dinner and dip in the hot springs after. We did the earliest dinner time and we were so pleased with the food! We both got the soup of the day, along with a Caesar salad and the steak which was amazing!! Cooked to perfection and in the most delicious wine au jus dressing! The weather was a little stormy outside so we didn't think we would be able to go to the springs but it cleared up just in time and we were able to stay for two hours in the water. Loved our first visit, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food @ good pricesFoody2bDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed a pric fixe dinner @ a very reasonable price. The wine list had some great wines at a very good value. We plan to dine their again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wally'sZorro99Dined on 7/31/2014I was surprised as soon as I walked into the lobby of the restaurant. Beautiful decorations, furniture and handsome wooden walls. Hostess and waiter were friendly and attentive. Only minus I have for the restaurant was I ordered the prime rib and what I got (I think) was a sirloin steak. Not what I wanted but I made do rather than send it back as it was getting late. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Great foodnjoyeatinggourmetDined on 7/31/2014My friend and I had the salmon which was cooked perfectly. The soup and the spinach, beet salad was excellent. The only trouble was I had to take half my entree home as the soup and salad filled me up and I had to leave room for dessert.Special Features:
- DisappointingMichelleDined on 7/29/2014Our waiter was earnest, but unseasoned. A fly buzzed our table the entire time. Our glasses of wine were brought without showing us the bottle from which they came. My salad, which featured beets on the menu, came without them. Our steaks arrived cooked one step farther than requested (I ordered medium, which the waiter assured me would allow some pink to remain, but it came medium-well) while the mashed potatoes and vegetables on our plates were room-temperature. We also felt rushed--we were barely finishing one course when the next one appeared at our table. The time from when we arrived to when we received the check was just at one hour; not appropriate for the "fine dining" they claim to provide and for which they certainly charge.Special Features:
- Great food, service, viewsI1derDined on 7/28/2014Just moved to area and was looking for a great, non-chain restaurant when found 1862. Food was fantastic. I had ordered the salmon expecting something good tasting as it is hard not to get salmon that isn't good. The salmon here is great with some incredible spices which gave it a mouth watering appeal. It was served on a bed of mashed sweet potatoes which were very good. After dinner we were allowed to take our wine out on the patio next to the fire pit and relax. Service was prompt and great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but far awayTetons2Dined on 7/23/2014The worst part is it's distance from about anywhere. Once you get there though, everything is good!Special Features:
- good value with vouchersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014The food was good while not over the top. Service was a bit slow, particularly for before dinner drinks and wine with dinner. The staff seemed young and inexperienced. Would not want to pay full price for the experience. The spa and hot springs, part of the voucher's value, was beyond underwhelming.Special Features:
- power outyummytummyDined on 7/20/2014Strom came thru no power I guess it was closed no note or any employees around to let you know. If you have reservations you should at least inform your intened guest of the problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1862 Resturant & SaloondeedeeDined on 7/19/2014This is a beautiful atmosphere, like eating at a country lodge. service was excellent, only problem I had was that in certain seating areas the Air Conditioning needed to be turned on or at a cooler temp. The food was great and I certainly will refer others for a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Good Food and Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014We recently spent a Tuesday night dinner at David Walley's restaurant. The menu was different than anticipated - the menu they have attached on the website has more seafood and variety. The menu we ordered off of was completely different, not sure if they just haven't updated the website in a while or the head chef was not working. I say the last point, because we had to wait a while for our entrees. Which we were not troubled about, our server (Hannah) was excellent and apologized for the delay. Overall it was a good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Unfortunately, the potential of Walley's isn't being met. The A/C wasn't working and no one offered a fan or to open a window. My steak was over-cooked and the waitress was nice enough, but she and the staff weren't really attentive enough for a restaurant at this price level.Special Features:
- Just goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014Overall Walley's restaurant is good (not great) but a little high priced for the combination of food/service. I would have been a little disappointed if we had to have paid for this meal but since I had sat through a timeshare presentation there earlier in the week so had enough credit for a free dinner (not including tip). The location is really nice with a view into the nearby wetlands with lots of birds, etc. and the hot springs are right next door. The food was pretty good but priced a bit high for the area and quality. The service started out very good but we got forgot about near the end (except at bill time of course) and waited for desert quite a while and then it also took a long time for our bill to get sorted out.
- slow paced - better have 2 hoursliketoeatDined on 7/3/2014We arrived a few minutes early and the hostess was very courteous and seated us right away. We were there with a Groupon coupon, that includes a 20% tip. Never again, we ate here twice in a week and both times, same waiter. He takes your order, everyone else brings you your different courses. From the time we ordered until we were served our soups was 20 minutes. From there it was down hill. We were there for 2 hours and would hate to see how long it would have been if they were busy. Will not return - better to have appetizers in the bar. They seem to get their food faster.Special Features:
- Enjoying a night outVegas1Dined on 6/22/2014Interesting restaurant, great atmosphere and the people were very kind and genuine. The food was just so so, over cooked steak was our dilemma. Do you enjoy your meal with your loved one or send it back and wait for it to return from the kitchen while your partners food get cold while you both wait? Service was good and we may have to return for another try on the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 80 reviews are from the 1862 David Walley's Restaurant and Saloon reviews archive.
- Great night outJimPDined on 6/19/2014Nice time, good food, great steaks and meats, fantastic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderstaffedNeedmorestaffDined on 6/17/2014While I know we were there on a weeknight, they didn't have enough staff on hand so being a "good sport", we just pretended we were dining European, where an evening can last for hours on end. We did the Groupon Dip & Dine so I'm happy for that....the dip was a little disappointing, meaning the hot springs tubs weren't actually HOT. Glad we went, not sure we will go back as we live locally
- RtwiceDined on 6/12/2014Excellent dinner as usual. Ambiance is wonderful. Prix Fixe special is a great deal.Special Features:
- Wild foodAlpineNomadDined on 6/8/2014Rustic ambiance, live music on weekends, some unusual dishes when available such as rattlesnake ravioli, and wild boar ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TipMaridougDined on 5/29/2014The waiter was great but the food was just so so.. Prime rib extremely chewy, onion soup was very good and salmon was OK. The problem we had is that the waiter took 18% automatically for his tip. This should totally be left to our discretion. He would probably had the same tip but it's a real turn off when they decide how much they will get. It's totally wrongSpecial Features:
- DinnerHelloDined on 5/23/2014The restaurant is expensive but very nice. Food was very good and the service was outstanding. Had a booth by the window which was nice looking out at the pond and mountains. The small saloon hooked on to the restaurant is nice with entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the Hot SpringsCFoutDined on 5/21/2014For a truly great meal, fine wine, and wonderful service, Wally's ts the place to go nerr Genoa, NV. The view of the mountains is an added bonus.Special Features:
- Wildland MarshOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014A beautiful setting on a wildland marsh. A relaxed yet elegant dining experience with a welcoming, attentive and professional staff. The duckling was succulent, velvety smooth in texture and served with a perfectly reduced and seasoned sauce. The prime rib was beautifully served upon a bed of mashed potatoes with a flavorful, perfectly reduced sauce. The only drawback was that it, while med. rare, as ordered, was surprisingly tough and difficult to cut and chew.Special Features:
- Worth trying, but no competitionjacknvonDined on 5/18/2014Beautiful location at hot springs resort, but lack of attention to detail and sub-standard quality of food would keep us from returning. My pork chop was pretty tough. Calamari appetizer was plentiful, but a bit dry. Server was friendly, but every time she spoke to us she would have to snuff up her runny nose (not too appetizing). Worth a try if you are in the Genoa area. Very nice wine list, but misspellings took away from the status they are trying to present.Special Features:
- Wonderful PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014My husband and I took advantage of the mineral springs all day and then dinner at night. What great day. The scenery is absolutely beautiful, the staff was friendly, the resort grounds were clean and the restaurant food was great! I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features: