1808 West End Ave
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1808grille.com/
- Phone: 6153400012
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am; Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm Mon-Fri; Brunch 10:30-2:00 Sat-Sun; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Sun-Thu, 5:30pm - 10 Fri-Sat
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Charles Phillips
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Host a wonderful celebration at 1808 Grille, which offers you professional yet casual service. Perfect for work functions, family gatherings, or social affairs, we offer a welcoming retreat brimming with natural lighting, warm woods, and rustic stone walls.
Our two private dining rooms accommodate up to 20 attendees. Business guests will appreciate our full range of audiovisual equipment. Whether you’re here for work or leisure, you’ll love our tasting menus for food and wine. You can team up with Executive Chef Charles Phillips for a delicious tasting to craft the ideal menu for your event. Experience one of Nashville’s premier event locations.
- Private Party Contact: Whitney Eccher 6157122320
- Special Events: Wine tastings every Wednesday evening.
A word from 1808 Grille
Discover the 1808 Grille -- ideal for corporate lunches, private dining, romantic dinners or relaxed evenings out. At once elegant, casual, familiar but unique, 1808 Grille is the ideal place to meet, dine and linger. Marvel at a décor of woods and rich shades of green, blue and white. It’s as unique and vibrant as our menu. Savor New American cuisine, which blends traditional dishes with global flavors. Sustainable meat and seafood entrees are enhanced with chutneys, aiolis and vinaigrettes to create a delectable array of flavors and textures … while farm fresh produce from local growers and signature side dishes add the perfect complement. Accompany your meal with a cocktail from the bar or a vintage from our vast wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
1808 Grille - Best Restaurants in West End ›
1808 Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (25)romantic (23)good for groups (18)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not a typical hotel restaurantNashvillefoodieDined on 9/26/20141808 Grille offered a very reasonably priced wine list, family style veggies with each entree, and a terrific monkfish with srirachi sauce. The service was excellent, with management coming by to ask if we were enjoying our meal. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- One of my go to spotsJonRosVIPDined on 9/22/2014I am a frequent diner at 1808. THe service is always good and predictable. This evening the entree's and sides were exceptional, but the heirloom tomato salad and the bread pudding were lacking. The tomatoes were well past their peak, being mushy, lacking flavor and the presentation was sloppy. The bread pudding was dense and rather bland. I only took a couple of bites and decided it was not for me. Generally this is a go to spot but the kitchen was off this particular Monday night.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experience.tparhamDined on 9/21/2014This was my second time to this restaurant and everything from the service to the food was outstanding. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great meal!aw511Dined on 9/19/2014I had dinner here with family and all of our food was great! Service was attentive (but not overly so) and very friendly. I'd eat here again.Special Features:
- Good, just not great anymoreNateVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had dinner this past Friday evening hoping that Jake had made some changes to the menu more reflective of his previous work and style. There were a few, but not really substantive yet. Therefore, things are still just "ok" and not as good as it should be. There is one exception though - and it's always been true - the flatbreads are astounding. Frankly, I wish I'd gotten another one as my entree on top of the one we shared as an appetizer. Overall, we remain hopeful that things will turn around
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Unexpectedly good. Vey reasonable price for qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyNashDieselDined on 9/13/2014The food was very very good and their were some very interesting side choices.Special Features:
- Really ImpressedNashvilleDinerDined on 9/12/2014Everything we ordered was fantastic. Service was great and I'd definitely recommend it as a spot to checkout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great servicetparhamDined on 9/12/2014we had a girls night out at 1808 to celebrate a birthday and had a wonderful experience. The birthday girl was immediately greeted with a complimentary glass of bubbly. We all ordered different entrees and all were excellent. I went ahead and made reservations for my upcoming wedding anniversary. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Took a gamble and we loved it!RichardWDined on 9/6/2014The guide in our hotel had tons of restaurant choices but the hamburger photo and writeup was just what my wife and I were looking for. Turns out the burger was on the lunch menu but our fabulous waiter Gregory said no problem. We truly enjoyed our meals, (my wife had a wonderful roasted chicken dish), the wine suggestions were awesome and we would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OMG42latidaDined on 9/6/2014The new chef and menu have reached the top. WOW The flavors were spot on, every bite superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at 1808 GrilleFoodie2014Dined on 8/31/2014We all (4) enjoyed our dinner at 1808 Grille. I always like to try a new type of fish, and the special when we went was something I'd never heard of before: Cobia. It was excellent, similar to Halibut, and cooked with ginger and green apple. My husband and brother-in-law both had the NY Strip and it was also very good. We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ziggyDined on 8/29/2014The general manager, Gary Crump, visited our table and was very gracious and we had a nice talk about the restaurant and wine list. The food was perfectly prepared. And though the head chef was hone with his new baby that night, the kitchen staff did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyjmcorDined on 8/26/2014This has to be some of the best food in all of Nashville- and it's in a hotel! Very inventive preparations and perfect execution, though rather pricey ($10 for ONE scallop??)Special Features:
- Great dinner at 1808 GrilleFood4youDined on 8/16/2014Perfect upscale dinner. Best waitress ever- she knew every cocktail and wine. Professional and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Business LunchCharlieDined on 8/12/2014Perfect setting for a quiet meal. Food was excellent and well presentedSpecial Features:
- Business DinnerJayMcDined on 8/8/2014Outstanding food quality with unique preparation. The best "hotel" food I have ever experienced. We absolutely will be returning.Special Features:
- One of Those Places...ElJefeVIPDined on 8/1/20141808 at the Hutton is one of those places you never remember when you're thinking of someplace to grab breakfast. Glad we did as it's a nice alternative to Le Peep, Wendell's and West End Cafe. The food is very good and relatively cheap, the dining room is clean & modern and the free valet makes it very easy to get in & out. Been here for lunch and dinner a few times and both are very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary GemNibsDined on 7/29/2014We had a delightful evening celebrating our wedding anniversary. The staff was so friendly, professional and proficient. The food choices for a vegetarian were surprisingly creative and flavorful. The atmosphere was beautiful and quiet. We will definitely return and will bring friends to enjoy another memorable evening.Special Features:
- Convenient and well donevwmarkDined on 7/26/2014Selected 1808 Grille while staying at the Hutton Hotel, after not finding other restaurants available. This was a good choice--we went right downstairs. The ambience was beautiful, table service pleasant. My experience was most charming. Good selections. I found nothing to complain about. I like the décor too.Special Features:
- Too Little for Too MuchNASHVILLENATIVEFOODIEDined on 7/24/2014We had been to 1808 before and this was a totally different experience. Their goal this time seemed to be giving you as little food as possible for the most money. The seafood special of the day was good but small and the chicken dish was horrible--an overcooked leg and thigh with three small carrots for $23. Sides were served family style with three small dishes for five adult diners. Service was average but two servers were arguing over their table assignments. The assistant server saved the night by providing friendly, attentive service. The "new" look with hardwood floors was less inviting than the old and much more noisey. Save your money or go to one of the other wonderful restaurants on West End Avenue.
- BlahSouthernGentVIPDined on 7/20/2014blah blah blah... stick with the bar and skip the food
- Great find for localslocalfoodfanDined on 7/19/2014You don't usually think of hotels as a go to place for locals, but it is fast becoming that for me and my husband. The service is always friendly and accommodating and the food as fresh and up to date as any of the newer hotter spots that you can't get into. The tables are not close together so it makes for a pleasant evening where you don't have to raise your voice to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Average at bestNateVIPDined on 7/19/2014We're regular customers and just dined this past Saturday since the menu got updated. We were looking forward to tasting new head chef Jake Strang's touch on some things. Guess we'll have to keep waiting..? We tried the new items (apps, entrees, desserts) and all were truly unworthy of 1808, and if Jake given his past work here. Don't know what happened, but everything was under seasoned, luke warm, and basically uninspired & unpleasant. One of our apps was even fishy smelling. This is uncharacteristic & I hope the ship gets righted soon. We've been coming here since the place opened in '09 & hope to continue, but only if they up their game on the food. The service, wine, and atmosphere were stellar as usual, so no complaints there.Special Features:
- SuperbJudgeBVIPDined on 7/8/2014The food at 1808 Grille never disappoints. The service is always excellent. It is just superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always special42latidaDined on 7/4/2014Excellent setting for all dining experiences. Food and service is far and above other fine dining restaurants.Special Features:
- 1808 was GreatWeWentOutLastNightDined on 7/1/2014The scallops were great, the pork cheeks were very tender and tasty as were the short ribs. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a business lunchSRE1881VIPDined on 7/1/2014I selected this restaurant because it is comfortable and quiet enough for a conversation/business discussion. The service was attentive, especially for my guest who needed gluten free options. The waiter was pleasant and was happy to help my guest. I had the short-rib sandwich which was very good, and the parsley fries were addictive.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnermegylizDined on 6/29/2014We went to 1808 Grille for our anniversary and had a great time! The food was fabulous - especially the scallops and we enjoyed the whimsical desserts! The PBJ "sandwich" was more indulgent than you can imagine! The service was wonderful as well and everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good as usualNateVIPDined on 6/28/2014Just dined last Saturday evening & had an enjoyable experience as we usually do. Very much looking forward to the time when new chef Jake Strang begins rolling out his dishes, style, and so forth since the current menu - while very good - could be so much better, and will be! Regardless, exceptional place that consistently provides a highly enjoyable experience for us. We'll be back again, and again, and again, and....Special Features:
- OutstandingNvllepHDined on 6/27/20141808 exceeds expectations. We typically do not frequent hotel restaurants, however 1808 is worth making an exception. The food is fresh, flavorful and beautifully presented. The complimentary olive starter and complimentary sides (three) are unexpected bonuses.Special Features:
- Lovely!earl1VIPDined on 6/20/2014From the moment we walked in we were treated like stars! The food was fantastic, in particular the shrimp appetizer and the tender, flavorful braised short rib. We were too full to try dessert. Our wine was also quite good.Special Features:
- CreativeRandallBVIPDined on 6/19/2014Great place! Great food outstanding service. Food presentation was fantastic, never had fish prepared so well and so creative. Our server Gregory was outstanding he was very knowledgable and made the dinner memorable! Don't miss this place! Complimentary parking as wellSpecial Features:
- Loved Everything About 1808!JBNashvilleTNDined on 6/15/2014We had Father's Day brunch at 1808 Grille. Everything was exceptional. The food, the price, the service, the valet parking, the atmosphere. It has moved to the top of our list of favorites. We'll be back!!Special Features:
- Sunday brunch/breakfastPickyEaterDined on 6/15/2014Had 11:30 am reservations on Father's Day. Located in new Hutton Hotel on West End - separated from lobby by open bar. Modern decor, roomy. Pleasant wait staff. Tasty well prepared huge 3 egg omelet with generous sausages and creamy cheese grits. "1808 Skillet" was baked chunks of seasoned potatoes, a few slices of sausage, red peppers and topped with scrambled egg and white cheddar cheese (same cheese in grits). Generous portions and tasty, but pastry basket was very average (no comparison to pastries from Meridee`s in Franklin) and smoked salmon was generous size portion but otherwise unremarkable. Overall experience was pleasant and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerAnniversaryDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I visited 1808 Grille for our wedding anniversary. We had remarkable service, great food, and elegant atmosphere with-out being snobby. The best dinning experience we have every had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service in NashvilleGoddess55Dined on 6/14/2014I love the service at this restaurant. One of my pet peeves at restaurants is when servers start to clear the dishes before everyone is done eating--almost all restaurants to this. I find it rude. 1808 Grill does not do this, so makes me happy. Service is attentive and professional. It's quiet enough to hear conversation with dining companions. The shrimp cocktail was outstanding as was the beet salad. My husband's steak was not great. It was a cut he doesn't usually order because no filet on the menu. He didn't like the sauce either. He should have said something at the time. I'd go back, but I don't think he will. I have heard brunch is good though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good, mostly badNashvilleDinerDined on 6/6/2014Gnocchi & shrimp appetizers were good. However, the entrees were really disappointing! My husband ordered the crispy trout & I ordered the short ribs. I actually gasped when the server sat his trout on the table, the fish appeared as if it were flattened & was literally swimming in a miso sauce. Trout is not a strong fish and to be drowned like that was a culinary travesty. My short ribs were good but also swimming in a sauce that lacked depth & finesse. On top of the ribs the chef served a potato crochet that was smothered in a runny horseradish sauce that I had to remove from my plate because it completely over powered all others flavors on the plate. To add to this already underwhelming meal was the short pours in both our wine & cognac.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Service was good! Food was delicious! Would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 793 reviews are from the 1808 Grille reviews archive.
- Great Date Night restaurantnashvillefoodieDined on 5/30/2014The ambiance at 1808 Grille was really nice. Although it is a hotel restaurant, it really stands out by itself. We went on a Friday night and found it to be not too crowded with a pleasant bustle of people but not overly so. The drinks were fantastic, particularly their signature cocktail, and all the appetizers were fantastic. It's nice they have options for vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters alike and I thought the cauliflower steak entree was one of the best vegan entrees I've eaten in a long time. My boyfriend was not a big fan of the slightly chewy/fatty strip steak but overall we had a great dinner. I would definitely recommend.Special Features: