3058 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M8X 1C4Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.1800degrees.ca/
- Phone: 4162338383
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am Sunday closed for special events; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am to 3pm Daytimes also available for special events
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hugo Ferreira
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available for groups of 10 to 75 people.
- Private Party Contact: John Pappas 4162338383
- Special Events: 1800 DEGREES is available for private restaurant bookings for lunch and dinner up to 80 people.
A word from 1800 Degrees
RARE AND WELL DONE… The name of our steakhouse refers to our signature broiler that literally cooks steak at a temperature of 1800 Degrees Fahrenheit. We are committed to serving you the best, and making your experience at 1800 DEGREES unforgettable. Our specialties are USDA PRIME STEAKS and FRESH SEAFOOD. Chef Hugo Ferreira and his kitchen team prepare all of the menu items in house, with an emphasis on natural and healthy ingredients, innovation, and presentation. Manager/Sommelier Gary Stinson and his service team are happy to assist you in every way - from menu selection to his carefully chosen wine list. We hope that you enjoy your experience at 1800 DEGREES. Our family has been serving The Kingsway community since 1954. Our goal is that you will be our guest for many years to come. Cheers! The Pappas FamilyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1800 Degrees reviews from OpenTable diners
- All the food (soup, starter,jessDined on 2/14/2013All the food (soup, starter, steak, lamb) are way too salty. It is not what the review expected.Special Features:
- This is an excellent steakLiketoeatVIPDined on 2/2/2013This is an excellent steak house with a very comfortable atmosphere suitable for a date.Special Features:
- This was a comfortabe, crispOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/31/2013This was a comfortabe, crisp and clean atmosphere. We dined 'family style' as most of us wanted to enjoy many of the flavours offered. The Short Rib Poutine was tasty, not heavy and the Lobster Mac Cheese did not disappoint,Special Features:
- Dining experience for meat lovers!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2013Great food and perfectly attentive service. Will go back!!
- All flavours were great .SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013All flavours were great .Salad and dressing were wonderful, not being a big eater , it and the bread would have left me in a happy state. Beef bourgingnon super. I ate too much.Special Features:
- Made reservations place was closedJennVIPDined on 1/4/2013We made reservations on a long weekend, we drove all the way out there, and it was closed.
- Not up to the usual finesse86rexVIPDined on 12/31/2012Not up to the usual finesse on the speed and accuracy probably because it was New Year's Eve and short staffed. But the food was well thought out if a bit slow in servingSpecial Features:
- Meh, nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I was excited to go to there for dinner, until, I found out (when I arrived) that because it was New Year's Eve, it was a prix fixe menu. That was ok, but, that being said when the kitchen only has to cook 5 things, the service should have been a lot faster. The only choice was for the entree, - beef filet or halibut. To start, there was a creamy artichoke soup which was very nice. The beef was ok, but, even after ordering medium rare, I found it very rare. We sat there for 10 minutes before anyone asked us if we wanted a drink. It took another 1/2 hour for the soup to come out. 1/2 hour for soup? Really? The salad was another 15 minutes after that. All in all, not a bad place, but, for the price, I wouldn't go again.
- We were hoping that thereJuliaDined on 12/31/2012We were hoping that there would not be a special New Year's Eve menu but there was. The menu, however, was outstanding! This was a perfect start to 2013 and we hope to visit this restaurant much more often this year.Special Features:
- This is the second time I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2012This is the second time I've been here, and my first visit though louder, was more pleasant. My main complaint my second time around was the ambient temperature, it was very cold where I was sitting and was on the fence to wear my jacket while I was eating. The restaurant was not busy at all, so perhaps the lack of body heat is why it was so cold, but the heating and cooling of the space should not rely on the number of bodies. Perhaps this was an isolated incident as my fiance was not cold. Perhaps I was directly in the path of HVAC. All in all, I still really enjoy this restaurant and I would go back.Special Features:
- My steak was overcooked -OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2012My steak was overcooked - tasted like rubber. The vegetables were undercooked and the mashed potatoes were made from flakes. The service was great and they realized the issues so they were able to comp the meal for us. Further, it was really loud and they had seated my husband and I at a table that was as wide as I am tall. I could barely hear him or reach over and hold hands. Would not recommend this place for an anniversary or other special occasion.
- Great food and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2012We celebrated my dad's birthday, the food was very good, had one of the best bottles of French red wine, recommended by the manager, the ambiance is great. The only recommendation is to have a better choice for kids. Highly recommend this place for special occasions.Special Features:
- The food was not bad, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012The food was not bad, but the portions were small for the price. Flavor was good, but not amazing. Service was slow, food took forever to come out. When receiving the cheque, they charged hot water as "tea" without telling us. We also brought a birthday cake which they charged $5 PER PERSON without telling anyone beforehand. When we complained to the manager, they simply made excuses of how they charge it for "labor" of cutting the cake, plating it and washing dishes. For hot water, they said it was the same amount of labor as making hot tea. The communication in this restaurant was terrible. The manager argues with the customers and didn't even apologize. Terrible experience overall. Never coming back here ever again.
- I went there last week toMaruzaDined on 11/28/2012I went there last week to celebrate my husbands birthday and I have to say It was AMAZING the food was awesome super delicious and I do know food. I Haven't been in such a great restaurant in A really long time. The meat was spectacular. Really good wine list. Plus the service was amazing. Great people. Great ambiance and great food.Special Features:
- Excellent! Wonderful additionOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/24/2012Excellent! Wonderful addition to the Kingsway restaurant scene.Special Features:
- The steak is worth a tryDrSnufalasaurasVIPDined on 11/21/2012We are a couple that came in for a mid-week dinner. The food exceeding expectations in most cases. Although I would avoid the price fixe menu- it is better to pay for individual menu items. The steak was excellent and worth trying. The service was good, although I expected a little more attentiveness because the restaurant was not busy when we were there (we ate late midweek).Special Features:
- Great placeCarmineDined on 11/17/2012A neighbourhood gem! As usual great service and food was perfect. Only complaint is recent change in menu got rid of French onion soup. That was my Favourite appetizer.Special Features:
- Awesome Filet MignonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2012Awesome meal - had Filet Mignon which was done perfectly and was melt in your mouth good. The wedge salad was also very good. Had the lobster tail side dish but realized that it was a little too much food - nevertheless we also enjoyed the lobster!!!!Special Features:
- Less than meets the eye.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/3/2012Very nice looking and well-appointed. Unfortunately, our meals were not impressive. The meat was tough. Salads small. Very pricey for a neighbourhood discovery.
- This is not just a steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2012This is not just a steak house although that is their specialty. The pan seared trout was excellent as well as the beef bourguignon. Also the service was great. a good choice for an anniversary dinner.Special Features:
- Romantic DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012A perfect choice for a date or romantic meal. The vibe was friendly and calming, our waitress was excellent. We told her we did not want to be rushed, and she timed her appearances very well. The steak was exquisite, cooked exactly the way I ordered it (pink throughout), the lobster mac n cheese was a creamy, buttery delight. Ceasar salad was fresh and crisp. The dessert was a combo of chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream and then for a twist, there were pieces of salty, caramel crusted popcorn on the side. I will return. My husband picked our amazing bottle of red wine, so I cannot comment on the list, as I did not see it.Special Features:
- We went for a nice dinnerTraeDined on 9/10/2012We went for a nice dinner as we hadn't been out in awhile. The atmosphere is very nice, very classy. Service was a bit slow considering the place wasn't very busy the night we went but I attributed it to the table of loud men who monopolized our server's time. Otherwise, our server was great. She was knowledgeable, attentive, and suggested some great options like upgrading my frites to the lobster poutine instead of ordering it as an app. We ordered a side of onion rings as an appetizer and they were crisp, perfectly seasoned, battered sweet onions. We both ordered the steak frites. I had mine with the lobster poutine. The entire meal was really rich and delicious. The steak was tender and very well seasoned.Special Features:
- The beef tasted like it wasSugarNSpiceVIPDined on 9/8/2012The beef tasted like it was previously frozen - disappointing ! Had such high expectations, and they were not met !
- Great Restaurant with lotsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2012Great Restaurant with lots of organic choices, definitely the most healthy restaurant in Etobicoke, menu selection is on the small side, could have been better. However, since they are offering high end food in Etobicoke, the amount of traffic could be expected and thus there menu is reasonable.Special Features:
- Amazing Steakhouse! Our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2012Amazing Steakhouse! Our group loved everything about 1800 DEGREES. The food and wine were fantastic. The best part is that the steaks are from local farms natually raised, organic fresh vegetables, and ocean wise fish. The service was top notch too.Special Features:
- Summer weekend evenings inHeidiHoDined on 7/28/2012Summer weekend evenings in Etobicoke can be somewhat quiet because so many people are away cottaging or holidaying so this is actually a great spot to get a table on a Saturday night. The steaks are excellent and the service is friendly. They have a sommelier on staff to help with the wine selection which is a nice touch.Special Features:
- I have been to 1800 degreesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012I have been to 1800 degrees several times and have never been disappointed by the food or the staff. It is a fine restaurant.Special Features:
- I am EXTREMELY picky whenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to steak and mine was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- This was our first time toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2012This was our first time to the restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised!The decor is very modern yet welcoming and very clean.Staff was attentive, food was very good.It was a bit expensive, down town prices but we didn't mind because it was such a good experience.I hope they can survive given that due to pricing it's not a place people can afford on a weekly basis.It is great to have the option of a high end place in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- We went to 1800 degrees toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012We went to 1800 degrees to celebrate our anniversary and were given the back booth. Very private and romantic. Food was exceptional! The filet mignon was melt in your mouth and the sides were flavorful and portions hearty. Service was a little slow but the server acknowledged this without us saying anything and offered us a complimentary dessert - much appreciated. Overall a great experience and would definitely return!Special Features:
- Not worth the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Main Course wasn't bad (New York 12oz Prime) but the Appetizer (Oysters) was lacking, as not only were the oysters explained (Multiple types of Oysters were ordered) but the selection of condiments for the oysters was lacking (they had 1 sauce)... Supposedly the fish broth and lamb was amazing according to my parents, but the lobster poutine was horrible, felt like I was eating rubber. Service was horrible, as my family had to wait over 45minutes to get to the main course, and no one came to explain why. On top of that, the server did not periodically check up on us to ensure everything was okay (as multiple times, I would be waiting for 5+ minutes to get a refill on my drink) Not recommended at at their Price Point.
- The dinner portions are properlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2012The dinner portions are properly sized and our steaks were cooked perfectly. We shared an order of Lobster Bernaise Poutine which was delicious but very rich!Special Features:
- Contemporary feel, modern86rexVIPDined on 2/18/2012Contemporary feel, modern settings,very efficient staff and friendly as well. Food was served as requested, there when you needed them. Overall a very pleasant experience and will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Very noisy restaurant. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/3/2011Very noisy restaurant. The booths at the front are somewhat quiter, however still had a really hard time hearing. You need to try the lobster poutine...fabulous!Special Features:
- Amazing steaks and make sureOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/2/2011Amazing steaks and make sure to try the lobster poutine.Special Features:
- Best Steak, Fish, Lamb, and ChickenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2011We had a fabulous meal with some friends. One of our friends had the black cod, I had the chicken, my husband a steak, and our other friend the lamb. It was all .... just perfect!!!!!!!!!! The portions were perfect.... we walked away satisfied... but not overwhelmed with that 'too much food' feeling! Wonderful service, and wine list. The new Christmas cocktail list was great too.Special Features:
- Exquisite Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2011Exeptional food, wine, service, and value. We loved the oysters, Prime Rib Eye, Black Cod, Bourbon Creme Brulee, and Molten Lava Cake.Special Features:
- Excellent steaks (Rib eyeChrisVIPDined on 11/4/2011Excellent steaks (Rib eye and Filet). I was a little disappointed with the Lobster Poutine, a little too salty for my taste. Great view from the front window booths. A little low on the Value (quality vs money) scale, but still a great night. Not sure why I waited so long to try this place.Special Features:
- This place was great. A littleMexDVIPDined on 10/1/2011This place was great. A little pricy but well worth it. Everything Taste great from the lobster bisque to the USDA Fliet Mignon which was Very tender the Baked potato with bacon and chives just melted within our mouths. A must though is the Lobster beaanaise poutine it one of a kind.Special Features:
- Food and service were bothglobetrotting1Dined on 8/19/2011Food and service were both great. The lobster poutine is a must try - outstanding.Special Features: