Raleigh, NC 27604Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.18seaboard.com/
- Phone: 9198614318
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 18 Seaboard
Chef-Proprietor Jason Smith welcomes you with sensibly, inventive American Cuisine with a focus on North Carolina ingredients. From the downtown views of our open-air mezzanine to the warm hospitality of the staff, 18 Seaboard is the place for a casual weeknight dinner or that special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
18 Seaboard - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
18 Seaboard reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)fit for foodies (145)romantic (112)neighborhood gem (88)notable wine list (79)good for groups (79)great for lunch (49)hot spot (36)great for outdoor dining (31)late-night find (22)scenic view (21)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Excellent all aroundJimKDined on 8/31/201418 Seaboard was outstanding -- we have no complaints or even nit-picks at all. It's not cheap, but it is excellent.Special Features:
- Best Salmon in TownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014The food was prepared to perfection. When I'm looking for that special meal I can always be assured it will be wonderful, I go to 18 Seaboard.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I took my girlfriend there recently for her 21st birthday and had one of the best experiences ever at a restaurant. Thanks so much for the great food and service!! Will be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had high expectations...tdwainDined on 8/26/2014It was our anniversary, but it didn't start out well, as the table in which we were seated had an extremely bright light above us. It felt like an interrogation light shining directly into our eyes. We asked if something could be done, and they were able to turn down the intensity. Upon receiving our dinners, we recognized that our orders were not right - wrong side dishes, wrong sauces. We waited for someone to check on us, and tried flagging down our waitress, but she was talking at other tables and never came by. She finally did and tried to make it right by bringing another side and the right sauce. She was very nice, but busy. They did serve us complimentary dessert, and reduced our bill, which was greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- top notch food and serviceTheGoochDined on 8/26/2014this is the first time I have written a review for a restaurant but 18 Seaboard deserves recognition for their food and service. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and his recommendations were on point! the dining area is small so make a reservation because even during the week they will have a full house. Dining area was very nicely appointed. service was impeccable and the general manager even came out to check on us and make sure we were having a nice time and that the food was good. It was actually beyond good...it was awesome. I got the beef brisket and it was very tender...bbq sauce was homemade and finished it nicely! just about everything is locally sourced and super fresh...I will most definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Fun restaurant week choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Great vegetarian choice from the restaurant week selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner for a group of 6sjmarsncDined on 8/24/2014A group of 6 of us met for our monthly dinner outing. Good variety of dishes for all tastes and every dish was a hit. Service was very good. Only slight issue was that I was sitting in a draft from the air conditioner and was quite cold.Special Features:
- Fine dining + service + good pricesRickAndJaneVIPDined on 8/24/2014Excellent, consistently, year-in and year-out. Focus on local and NC-sourced foods. Always some new, in-season choices available. Very good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Visited with my hubby during restaurant week on 8/23. We were given choice of sitting outside or main dining room. Ventured to the patio deck but too hot at 6pm, would probably be nice around 8pm. Our waitress was great, I ordered cucumber mohito but returned after I tried my husband's peach sangria which was refreshing, not too sweat. Chilled green tomato gazpacho with whipped pimento cheese was ok, didn't really taste the bacon jam. The seared wahoo was more like blackened but cheese grits and spinach complemented the fish well. I completed my meal with hot mug of chocolate cake which was good but would've been better with some ice cream. Menu changes daily, good location, plenty of parking, no brunch on sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!CgalemDined on 8/23/2014We decided to venture to 18 seaboard for restaurant week. The food was outstanding. We had a very good time and will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent for lunch with friends and/or family. Retired so cannot afford dinner. Zac an excellent waiter. Chef excellent. Very pleasant meals/have been there 3 times with different people.Special Features:
- Glad2bbakFilltheBellyDined on 8/21/2014The food was very tasteful. I thought the server told us that there was an entree added to the Prefix menu but when the bill came I was shocked! For one person I spent $67 without tip. I ordered the prefix salad and desert but was charge regular price. Do not like to be surprised that way when I was there to try the Raleigh Restaurant Week promo dinner.Special Features:
- ItzanaVIPDined on 8/21/2014One of the best meals I've had. The chef/owner personally brought out a delicious bruschetta for us! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Think our lunch was impacted by "Restaurant Week", as the restaurant was participating that evening. Food was just ok. Not up to prior experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCarolinaDined on 8/19/2014Our table was ready when we arrived (upstairs outside terrace). The wait staff was knowledgeable and attentive. The menu was unique and the food was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alittlegiltDined on 8/19/2014A lucky choice for us! The service and the food were outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinneranniversaryDined on 8/18/2014The food and service were very good. The prices were average for a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Went during Raleigh Restaurant Week and was thoroughly surprised. A lovely restaurant with a delectable menu.Special Features:
- jharDined on 8/16/2014Great value, great food and no parking problems. Went there for my birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Consistently good food and servicejpljrVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to 18 Seaboard a number of times over the past few years and the food, service and ambiance are always very goodSpecial Features:
- excellent in all respectsplecticalVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was great,,,,crackling pork and cornmeal dusted catfish superb, service warm and welcoming,,,Special Features:
- Really need to go here moreLovePinkDrinksDined on 8/14/2014Impeccable, outstanding service, reasonably priced, delicious, high quality food. I had not been here for a while and it seems to get better and better. House made paparadella in yummy broth with crab ricotta. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Customer ServiceCharming48Dined on 8/9/2014We were met by friendly staff as soon as we entered the door. The bar tender was "on point" with the drinks and our dinner waitress was great! Very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service is FantasticVeteransDayDinerDined on 8/7/2014This was the first time at this restaurant. The food was excellent however, we kept talking about the great customer service we were receiving. The wait staff was very attentive and the manager came by several times to insure we were having a good dining experience. We will definitely make this a one of our go to spots for a nice romantic evening in the future.Special Features:
- whatanightDined on 8/6/2014my diiner was fair at best picked the beef brisket was dry and kinda chewy was not what I expected
- Fabulous! Don't go anywhere else!KristenDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I were in town for the James Taylor concert and went here for dinner. We consider ourselves foodies and were thrilled with our meal and experience. The service and attention from the waiter and manager was like no other restaurant. We felt like we were their guests and they were determined that we would have a memorable meal. Food was delicious. I had a peach and vanilla bean sangria, trout, and peach cobbler with ginger ice cream. We came back after the concert for a midnight martini. All FABULOUS! We will definitely be back. Thank you for the best dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 1JimFromSCDined on 8/1/2014Excellent from start to finish. Appetizers, entrees, dessert, wine, coffee, service, all were outstanding. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have got the catfish...StillHungryDined on 7/29/2014I ordered the "special", which was sauteed shrimp, spinach, tomatoes, and corn served with some sauce over a bed of rice. My description is horrible, but the way the waitress described it was amazing so i had to have it. It was the most bland meal I've ever had in my life. It tasted like i was eating a plate of air. The rice was a tad under cooked as well. If it wasn't my lunch break I probably would have sent it back. But the service was great, I got my food quickly. The only issue was the food itself.
- Relaxingly deliciousFoodJourneyDined on 7/28/2014What a fantastic place for us to enjoy a relaxing anniversary dinner. Seasonal, local, and delicious! We tried many new things and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Would definitely return and plan to try the other 18 group restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to reviewsDinnerladyDined on 7/27/2014When a restaurant is not busy it's always a concern that the service will not be good. Not the case. Erin our waiter was attentive and very knowledgeable. The restaurant interior is a little dark which is a challenge for older eyes and based on the menu this would be the main market. Also the food is so good why not show it off. The homemade falafel appetizer it was the best I have ever eaten. Dinner was delicious - steak duck brisket locally reared and environmentally responsible too. Thoughtful sides complemented southern feel dishes. Selected a bottle from a reasonable wine list with many choices and good selection of wines by the glass. We all tried a house selection cocktail -loved them! Desserts were interesting and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better in past visitscardfanDined on 7/27/2014Disappointed there were no chicken dishes offered and I find duck to be a little too fatty. I’m not a big fan of fish but I’ve had some very good fish dishes here in the past. My wife and I both had the pink flounder, hers was good but mine was seared too much (making it difficult to cut) and over salted. I should have sent it back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Raleigh hot spotPkJrDined on 7/26/2014Lively Resturant in downtown Raleigh. My wife and I dinned here twice now. Food quality and service were very good. My only complaint is that my steak was overlooked (happened both times we ate here) but the manager had it corrected rather quickly. Dining room is large, lively and loud. Seems to be a happening place. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricyHarvDined on 7/26/2014I have had similar food of a higher quality or equal at less cost. The food was good, the sangria tasty, and the beer...well it was a beer. The tomato appetizer was delicious, the Salmon with champagne tarragon sauce was good but a bit overpriced, and evening special, Wahoo, was very good. Tasty food served well in a nice atmosphere, but a bit pricey.Special Features:
- gourmetgusVIPDined on 7/26/2014Best meal yet at 18 Seaboard! I love everything about this restaurant. The heirloom tomato sampler was sensational.Special Features:
- excellent food and servicekrisDined on 7/26/2014We chose 18 Seaboard to celebrate my husband's birthday, and we were so glad we did! The food was excellent, everything was very fresh and flavorful, our filets were cooked perfectly, our server was very friendly and efficient, the setting was nice...there was not a single thing we would change!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for date night.MrPatoDined on 7/25/2014Went here for a great seafood dinner. Everything was very good, not mind-blowing or life-altering, but good. Only issue we had was our table was basically on top of another table - the way they sat us had the two of us basically looking down into another table's meal and conversation from less than 5 feet away. I would have expected them to seat a party of two against the wall or in a smaller table/booth.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm no reviewer...Luv2takemywifeoutandPICKYDined on 7/25/2014but my wife and I have traveled over 100's of 1000's of miles + eaten in restaurants from New Zealand to Moscow. This is a restaurant (thankfully in our own town) that we will go to (and take out-of-town family to) repeatedly (or until something breaks down.) The service is knowledgeable and super attentive. Menu is a bit on the 'small' side compared to some places but there are enough super choices for any American palette...I think. Portions were good, presentation very nice and the source of everything is dependable. In my lifetime (53 and have lived in seven countries) I have a small handful of meals in restaurants that I would call "to die for"...actually five. While this restaurant is not in that handful it is VERY close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014I brought my date here on a Thursday night for her birthday. Although it was a late dinner (so I understand to an extent), I felt like we were rushed out of there. It was BAM here BAM here ya' go BAM done, check. The restaurant itself though was gorgeous. & starter crab dip was AMAZING :)Special Features:
- ProfessionalCarlyVanDined on 7/22/2014I went on a special occasion, my wife's birthday. The service handled it professionally and made my wife happy. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I loved this place!! I tried the salmon with the charred peanut pesto. It was amazing! Will be going back again for sure! Thanks also for the wonderful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.