Raleigh, NC 27604Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.18seaboard.com/
- Phone: (919) 861-4318
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 18 Seaboard
Chef-Proprietor Jason Smith welcomes you with sensibly, inventive American Cuisine with a focus on North Carolina ingredients. From the downtown views of our open-air mezzanine to the warm hospitality of the staff, 18 Seaboard is the place for a casual weeknight dinner or that special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
18 Seaboard - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
18 Seaboard reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (141)fit for foodies (140)romantic (92)neighborhood gem (79)good for groups (76)notable wine list (67)great for lunch (44)hot spot (24)great for outdoor dining (20)late-night find (17)scenic view (17)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- 18 Seaboard is top notch!DLDupreeDined on 11/22/2014We had the most amazing time! Beautiful dining room, great service, amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Every aspect of the dining experience was covered with excellence, from the front of the house to the wait staff. The experience was thoroughly enjoyable and lacked for nothing.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedRonWDined on 11/21/2014Beautiful decor, but my flounder was bland and the sides were tasteless. Pumpkin bisque was excellent. Waitress was similar to the flounder in personality, and the service was not prompt. When she did come back, she twice did not offer me a second drink. I ended up having to ask for one, which is just a big pet peeve of mine. Everything there was average to below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different from the ordinaryJonrpDined on 11/21/2014Good quality, often local foods with unusual flavors and pairings. . Our waiter did a great job of helping us navigate them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014Food and service are always great. Trust the Chef and specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable MealDthompsonDined on 11/21/2014This restaurant exceeds in not only amazing food but the service was a notch above almost all places. The server I want to say his name was Chris was knowledgeable and very pleasant. My friend and I were given great information on menu items. The wine was excellent. The meal came within a nice pace and was hot and absolutely amazing. It was so good! It was my friends birthday and the staff brought a beautiful individual cake with Happy Birthday on the plate! It was lovely and was such a treat. The manager walked around thanking diners for choosing the restaurant for our evening. The decor was modern but so warm and inviting! Make this a regular stop when looking to dine out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure18restgroupDined on 11/18/2014I am a big fan of Jason Smith and all of his restaurants. The food is wonderful! You haven't lived until you have had something cooked on their wood Fire grill. For something comforting try the pork shank you will not be disappointed. The service is always excellent. I have been here with big group and small groups. The atmosphere is cozy greasy for dates. If you want something more casual definitely check out one of their sister restaurants Harvest 18. Thanks for another great dining experience 18 Seaboard Staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My father and sister visited from Philly for the weekend and I wanted to take them some place special for dinner. I spent a lot of time researching local restaurants and decided upon Seaboard; I have to say that it lived up to its hype. Everything from cocktails to appetizers and fresh seafood was amazing. The service was flawless and the ambience was classy but not stuffy. Hummus was in-house and very flavorful; the swordfish blew my mind (super moist, cooked and seasoned to perfection) as did the goat cheese mashed potatoes. The wine list is great for people who enjoy South American and European blends. Manager and sommelier both stopped by the table to ensure that the meal was flawless and we were treated with an on-the-house dessert for my family's special visit. It has been a while since I had such a well-rounded restaurant experience, and I'm so happy that my relatives felt the same. This place is definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!FoodiequeenDined on 11/15/2014Best dining experience we have had in a while! Our service was prompt and friendly, our food and drinks were incredible, and the atmosphere was beautiful. The manager actually came to every table in the restaurant to make sure everyone was happy. Amazing. 100% loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef?BAJZDined on 11/10/2014I've found 18 Seaboard spectacular in the past. This last visit the food was pretty bad. My friend had the Drum (fish) which was overcooked to the point being rubbery. My pork shank had no hint of any kind of herbs, garlic, or other flavoring added. BLAND. The cooked spinach was just as bland. Our Crème Brulee was served cold out of the fridge and the top was just sprinkled with raw chopped pecans. Not enjoyable.Special Features:
- Was really goodsnipervirus1775Dined on 11/9/2014I've read a little bit about 18 Seaboard a few times and have been told it was really good so i thought I would give it a shot. My fiance' and I came here on Sunday, we thought we'd give it a shot. I liked it alot, everything was good, the service wasn't what I was used to in a nice restaurant setting like this one but other than that it was really good. My fiance' thought the duck was really good, the best she ever had even compared to more expensive places we have been to before, so that was a plus. I feel like they need a better selection of food, but then again I'm always looking for new food to eat every place I go. I would definitely recommend this place to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JimFromSCDined on 11/6/2014This was our second visit to 18 Seaboard. We live 4 1/2 hours from Raleigh and made it a point to go back there for dinner when we were there for business. Owner/Chef Jason met us at the door and made us feel welcome. The food and service were impeccable! We will return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014Best swordfish ever had! Absolutely delicious ! Can't wait to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLL54Dined on 11/6/2014Everything about our dinner at 18 Seaboard was excellent! The food was amazing, and the service was attentive but not hovering. I highly recommend 18 Seaboard!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/6/2014The food was good, except one person's steak had an excess of fat on it. Also, we had fairly poor service. They forgot one appetizer (which they ended up not charging us for). Our entrees were very delayed.Special Features:
- Brisket dinnerGreatfoodDined on 10/31/2014Excellently cooked, great BBQ sauce; went well with spinach and squash/pepper/onion sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love 18-Seaboard!Up4SupperDined on 10/30/2014Our family has been going to 18-Seaboard for years. And for different affairs. Sometimes me and just one grandchild for a quiet talk over a satisfying dinner. Sometimes me with friends or with another family. For my 80th birthday we had a party dinner for 24. Besides the food, we love the good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingSueBDined on 10/30/2014Our meals were to die for and the ambience helped give us a special occasion atmosphere. We were celebrating a birthday and the birthday girl was served a free dessert. It was nice but the pumpkin cake/cupcake was a bit dry. I would go back and will go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Venue, lovely mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014We recently celebrated our 37th anniversary with dinner at 18 Seaboard. We had a lovely dinner with an excellent bottle of wine. Both enjoyed sharing the sticky toffee dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary!takemeout2dinnerDined on 10/25/2014We chose 18 Seaboard to celebrate our anniversary because we love the ambiance there, and the food is always delicious. I had the beef brisket, which was excellent, and my husband had the King Mackerel, also excellent. It was a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went fridayMunkey01Dined on 10/24/2014I got the King Mac. The food portion was small. Including the sides. Wife got the swordfish, huge piece of fish but the sides were still small. Only had beer option of can or bottle. No nice draft selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt extremely rushed!BonniegalVIPDined on 10/24/2014We had visited this restaurant for lunch and were anxious to go for dinner, as our first experience was very positive. Within seconds of sitting down the waiter came over and asked for our drink order. We hadn't had time to look over the menus! Our first course of the chopped salad and she-crab soup were served after I had only had a few sips of my cocktail. Both were excellent, but it would have been nice to sit a bit and relax prior to eating. We had stated "no hurry" but it didn't matter. No sooner were these cleared, and our entees were served. My duck was quite dry but still palatable. My husband's pork shank was fantastic. The rest of the time there was just as rushed, for dessert menu and check. Don't know when we will return....Special Features:
- Good choicestpauliteDined on 10/20/2014Very pleasant restaurant with really good food. We appreciated the small extras -- a pre-appetizer spoon-sized salad and a shared dessert and cookies. My striped bass was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at 18 seaboard. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. Just the right noise level. Our server was attentive and knowledgable. The she crab soup was the best I've ever had. My husband had the rib eye which was tender and cooked to perfection. I had the sheepshead with a champaign butter sauce, grits and sautéed spinach. All mouthwatering. For dessert we had bourbon ice cream and a light pumpkin cheese cake creation. Topped the evening off with a midnight martini. We will definitely return and bring friends next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining for CelebrationsTigerPawsDined on 10/16/2014It is the favorite restaurant for our family and my co-workers for birthdays, Boss' Day, anniversaries, etc. The food is wonderful and the service is great. The meatloaf is the best in the world!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skrinking portionsDaveInRaleighDined on 10/13/2014I have come here often over the past 6 years. The service is very good, but it seems the portions of Salmon on the salad are shrinking. I prefer more substance and less rabbit food. Otherwise a good bet for lunch.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedEatAtJoesDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant is nice. It's trendy. The outdoor seating is now, but the view is disappointing. Parking lot, tennis courts and a couple big trees are what you can see. Downtown Raleigh is there too, but again underwhelming. The food is interesting, but unfortunately the main spice is salt and it seems to be on everything. And too much.
- Really enjoyed 18 SeaboardThomas2246Dined on 10/9/2014We went for my wife's birthday. It was our first visit and we weren't disappointed. We both really enjoyed it, but all that mattered to me was that she liked it. Our meal was wonderful and the service even better. We'll go back on our next visit to Raleigh. If you choose to dine here you should not be disappointed in the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coulda woulda shoulda...JHG8VIPDined on 10/5/2014Reviews drew us here. Ambiance was loud rock music which they changed after our request for something different. Service was good, if perhaps too friendly. As we were there at 5 pm, we were the only diners, which was nice. Bread finally arrived after the meal was served - Sunday evening stale. Forgot to deliver my soup. My swordfish was delicious but my wife's pork was tough, nearly inedible. To their credit, the manager asked if he could replace it; when we said no thanks, he sent over a free desert. Nice effort.
- Consistently exceeds expectationsFoodieDined on 10/3/2014Everything about 18 Seaboard is amazing. From the excellent food to superior service to personalized desserts! We will be back and recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary RestaurantmitchellerwinroofDined on 10/1/2014This was the second year in a row we celebrated our wedding anniversary at 18 Seaboard. I'm sure that if we still live here next year we will celebrate at 18 Seaboard again.Special Features:
- WSonderful as usualLisaDined on 9/30/2014We've been to 18 Seaboard many times and they never fail us. The food is always excellent and we enjoy the atmosphere there. You can talk with your companions and be heard! That's not always the case with some restaurants. Would highly recommend them.Special Features:
- 40th Wedding AnniversaryquiettimeDined on 9/28/2014Our Sunday evening meal was very good. The she-crab soup was wonderful. My fillet was moist and tender. My wife's salmon was very tasty. The restaurant was not very busy and that made for a quiet time to talk and reminisce. We've been to the restaurant a number of times, and the food and service has been excellent every time. Thanks for a good evening to spend with my bride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was very good, great flavors, unique combinations. The speciality mixed drinks on the menu were awful, no flavor at all. Sangria and mojita. Servers need to be trained, a lot of bad habits. Putting food down on stacked menus, no extra plates for appetizers etc.Special Features:
- StranclandinersDined on 9/26/2014Waiter attentive. Food fresh and absolutely delicious. Loved the sample appetizers. The gluten free chocolate cake was very moist, would not have thought to include beans but turned out to be an excellent ingredient. Will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timefox20racerDined on 9/26/2014The food was amazing, and there is plenty of seating. I like how the bar area is not right next to the dining area. Overall great experience, I will be back.Special Features:
- GrampyDined on 9/26/2014Good food, great service a nice local beer at a reasonable price. Whats not to like?Special Features:
- Special!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014we chose 18 Seaboard for our anniversary and we were treated with honors! the service and attention we received from the owner right down to the entire staff was delightful! Though we were there on a Thursday night it was a nice personal evening in a wonderfully romantic scene. the food was excellent and is supported by a lot of local suppliers. 18 Seaboard is a special place indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed our visit. I have been before and the food has been better. She crab soup was just OK. Shrimp pasta was good, but not great. Other diners who ordered flounder thought it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary ExperienceKmt44Dined on 9/23/201418 Seaboard was one of the best restaurants my fiancé and I have ever been to! Everything is local and each course just kept getting better! We had two of the signature cocktails, the crispy oysters as an appetizer, the pork loin and lion fish as main courses (my side dish of Gouda mashed potatoes were the best potatoes I've EVER had!) and the carrot cake with cream cheese ice cream as dessert. Since it was our anniversary they also brought a complimentary apple strudel with "happy anniversary" written on the plate in chocolate. It was an amazing experience all in all! I would recommend it to everyone! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.