Raleigh, NC 27604Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.18seaboard.com/
- Phone: 9198614318
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 18 Seaboard
Chef-Proprietor Jason Smith welcomes you with sensibly, inventive American Cuisine with a focus on North Carolina ingredients. From the downtown views of our open-air mezzanine to the warm hospitality of the staff, 18 Seaboard is the place for a casual weeknight dinner or that special occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
18 Seaboard - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
18 Seaboard reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)fit for foodies (140)romantic (115)neighborhood gem (86)notable wine list (80)good for groups (79)great for lunch (50)hot spot (32)great for outdoor dining (29)scenic view (23)late-night find (21)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Lunch with girls- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Our sister, aunts, mom and more often choose a lunch venue where we all meet to celebrate family and enjoy good food. Loved the soft shell crab- tempura style served over delicious salad. Enjoyed the fried catfish over the grit cake. The lemon crème brulee...delicious. Any restaurant that makes a conscientious effort to support local farmers is a place to support. The food has to be better, much more fresh than food traveling via airplane or truck across country or coming into the U.S. from other countries. Thank you for supporting the local farming community.Special Features:
- Great Food and Fantastic ServiceRogersPartyDined on 9/14/2014Having dined at 18 Seaboard before, we knew that the food was delicious and that the service was great. What surprised us this weekend was the kindness of the proprietor, chef, manager, and wait staff as they all stopped by our table to wish us a happy anniversary. The amazing people at 18 Seaboard are always willing to take a moment of their time to make your visit more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Walt Bday CelebrationdineoutDined on 9/13/2014I was disappointed due to the fact we were wanting to order Filet Mig. but you were out of it at 8:30 pm therefore we had to order something else on the menu. Also, it was so dark in our area that we could have used lighted menus. Some of us had to use our phones to see the menu.Special Features:
- WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I think our waiter's name was Chris and he did an awesome job! He was great. Some of our party thought the restaurant was too dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good servicesouthernyankee1Dined on 9/13/2014The food was very good and our service was excellent. However, I felt it was still a bit expensive for what we got. I've been to other restaurants that offer the same level of service and taste of food that was less expensive. I think this restaurant is worth trying but not one I'd go to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeteDined on 9/12/2014Expected a bit more for the price. Me and another guest ordered the soft shell crab special...neither of us enjoyed it. Not sure why they thought this was a good dish. Wine was way overpriced. I understand that it should be marked up, but $12 for a glass when you can buy the bottle for $10 at the store is a bit much. There was nothing special about this place and we would have much preferred to pay almost half the cost for a similar ambiance and better food somewhere else. Also, a couple of veg and vegan options would be great. This was my first time here, it was my b-day and I was thankful for my great company but the food and lack of some sort of stand out fell flat. No reason to go back.
- Excellent Choice!AlleyEliDined on 9/11/2014This was the first time I had been to 18 Seaboard but have always heard good things. Me and my girlfriend went for dinner and chose to try out there new outdoor dining area and it was perfect! The view is pretty good for Raleigh dining and we were the only ones that sat outside. The weather was perfect and the wait staff did an excellent job of serving us even though we were the only ones in that section. Food came out very fast and it was one of the best Filet's I've had in Raleigh, especially since it's cheaper than most of choices. Definitely recommend anyone to go there and I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great multipurpose lunch spotJLawDined on 9/11/2014Whether for business lunch or relaxed lunch for two, great food, service and ambiance. And, best value around for solid, and creative entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazinghal57Dined on 9/10/2014We always enjoy dining at 18 Seaboard. They have a great menu using fresh local ingredients and everything is delicious. We celebrate our wedding anniversaries here and plan to come back much more often than just once a year.Special Features:
- Meals combined perfect ingredientsCaryMomWithSitterVIPDined on 9/9/2014We took friends to celebrate a birthday. We all ordered different dishes and agreed that the choices of combinations by the chef were unique and lovely. The peach vanilla sangria was amazing. Nothing ordinary here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayApexAMGDined on 9/6/2014Food was okay, but not stellar. But most disappointing was the service. It was slow and inattentive.
- ExceptionalWallskevDined on 9/6/20145 Stars to all. Deserves 6 Stars Outstanding - Last Night we had a Fantastic 45th Anniversary Dinner. Person attention of Executive chef Jason Smith and the wait staff was exceptional in every aspect. Even gave a special desert .Special Features:
- Never disappointed!WannabefoodcriticDined on 9/4/2014When dining at 18 Seaboard, you never have to worry about the quality of the food, the service, or the experience in general. It is my "go to" place for all occasions! I promise you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy timesHappydinerDined on 9/3/2014I met with friends and we were seated right away. The waitstaff was courteous and efficient. The food was fabulous! Two of us had the salmon with the homemade pepper jelly. It was incredible! Never did we have to pour our win wine, yet it never seemed like the staff was hovering. Great place for friends or romantic dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceToddDined on 9/3/2014The food was excellent. My wife had the filet and I had the ribeye - perfectly cooked. The smashed red potatoes were the best I've ever had and the dessert was spectacular (highly recommend the caramel crunch ice cream sandwich - way undersold on the dessert menu). We were celebrating our anniversary and they brought us a special plate with "happy anniversary" and some chocolate sponge cage with vanilla ice cream. This is a restaurant that really knows how to create a special night out, and way less expensive than other restaurants operating at this high level. 5 starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18 SeaboardSammieBDined on 9/2/2014Oustanding Food and Service as always. This is one of our favorite spots for both business and personal dining! They are always upbeat and helpful whether doing a lunch or dinner from 2 - 40. Food is always consistant and detail is placed on every aspect of your dining expierence! Jason and his team believe in fresh and local when putting togehter their menu. They also give back to the community. We are fortunate to have 18 Seaboard!Special Features:
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/31/2014Chopped salad, steak and salmon were very good, as were the side veggies that came with entrees. Why four stars and not five? My mom had a lettuce salad with huge leaves and very little dressing. Two tiny peach bits on the chopped salad advertised as "Grilled PeeDee Peaches and..." Running out of swordfish by 715. Skimpy serving of sturgeon. I still like 18 Seaboard a lot, but will not be in a hurry to go back for a while.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundJimKDined on 8/31/201418 Seaboard was outstanding -- we have no complaints or even nit-picks at all. It's not cheap, but it is excellent.Special Features:
- Best Salmon in TownLutherDined on 8/30/2014The food was prepared to perfection. When I'm looking for that special meal I can always be assured it will be wonderful, I go to 18 Seaboard.Special Features:
- Phenomenal ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I took my girlfriend there recently for her 21st birthday and had one of the best experiences ever at a restaurant. Thanks so much for the great food and service!! Will be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had high expectations...tdwainDined on 8/26/2014It was our anniversary, but it didn't start out well, as the table in which we were seated had an extremely bright light above us. It felt like an interrogation light shining directly into our eyes. We asked if something could be done, and they were able to turn down the intensity. Upon receiving our dinners, we recognized that our orders were not right - wrong side dishes, wrong sauces. We waited for someone to check on us, and tried flagging down our waitress, but she was talking at other tables and never came by. She finally did and tried to make it right by bringing another side and the right sauce. She was very nice, but busy. They did serve us complimentary dessert, and reduced our bill, which was greatly appreciated.Special Features:
- top notch food and serviceTheGoochDined on 8/26/2014this is the first time I have written a review for a restaurant but 18 Seaboard deserves recognition for their food and service. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and his recommendations were on point! the dining area is small so make a reservation because even during the week they will have a full house. Dining area was very nicely appointed. service was impeccable and the general manager even came out to check on us and make sure we were having a nice time and that the food was good. It was actually beyond good...it was awesome. I got the beef brisket and it was very tender...bbq sauce was homemade and finished it nicely! just about everything is locally sourced and super fresh...I will most definitely returnSpecial Features:
- Fun restaurant week choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Great vegetarian choice from the restaurant week selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner for a group of 6sjmarsncDined on 8/24/2014A group of 6 of us met for our monthly dinner outing. Good variety of dishes for all tastes and every dish was a hit. Service was very good. Only slight issue was that I was sitting in a draft from the air conditioner and was quite cold.Special Features:
- Fine dining + service + good pricesRickAndJaneVIPDined on 8/24/2014Excellent, consistently, year-in and year-out. Focus on local and NC-sourced foods. Always some new, in-season choices available. Very good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014Visited with my hubby during restaurant week on 8/23. We were given choice of sitting outside or main dining room. Ventured to the patio deck but too hot at 6pm, would probably be nice around 8pm. Our waitress was great, I ordered cucumber mohito but returned after I tried my husband's peach sangria which was refreshing, not too sweat. Chilled green tomato gazpacho with whipped pimento cheese was ok, didn't really taste the bacon jam. The seared wahoo was more like blackened but cheese grits and spinach complemented the fish well. I completed my meal with hot mug of chocolate cake which was good but would've been better with some ice cream. Menu changes daily, good location, plenty of parking, no brunch on sundays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!CgalemDined on 8/23/2014We decided to venture to 18 seaboard for restaurant week. The food was outstanding. We had a very good time and will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent for lunch with friends and/or family. Retired so cannot afford dinner. Zac an excellent waiter. Chef excellent. Very pleasant meals/have been there 3 times with different people.Special Features:
- Glad2bbakFilltheBellyDined on 8/21/2014The food was very tasteful. I thought the server told us that there was an entree added to the Prefix menu but when the bill came I was shocked! For one person I spent $67 without tip. I ordered the prefix salad and desert but was charge regular price. Do not like to be surprised that way when I was there to try the Raleigh Restaurant Week promo dinner.Special Features:
- ItzanaVIPDined on 8/21/2014One of the best meals I've had. The chef/owner personally brought out a delicious bruschetta for us! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Think our lunch was impacted by "Restaurant Week", as the restaurant was participating that evening. Food was just ok. Not up to prior experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCarolinaDined on 8/19/2014Our table was ready when we arrived (upstairs outside terrace). The wait staff was knowledgeable and attentive. The menu was unique and the food was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alittlegiltDined on 8/19/2014A lucky choice for us! The service and the food were outstanding!!!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinneranniversaryDined on 8/18/2014The food and service were very good. The prices were average for a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Went during Raleigh Restaurant Week and was thoroughly surprised. A lovely restaurant with a delectable menu.Special Features:
- jharDined on 8/16/2014Great value, great food and no parking problems. Went there for my birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Consistently good food and servicejpljrVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to 18 Seaboard a number of times over the past few years and the food, service and ambiance are always very goodSpecial Features:
- excellent in all respectsplecticalVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was great,,,,crackling pork and cornmeal dusted catfish superb, service warm and welcoming,,,Special Features:
- Really need to go here moreLovePinkDrinksDined on 8/14/2014Impeccable, outstanding service, reasonably priced, delicious, high quality food. I had not been here for a while and it seems to get better and better. House made paparadella in yummy broth with crab ricotta. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehJerryDined on 8/13/2014My wife and had dinner there and the sides were actually not that great. When we got them they were basic sides and not hot, more warm than anything. The main course was also so-so. Probably won't go back...Special Features: