17Hundred90 Inn and Restaurant
307 East President St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
17Hundred90 Inn and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://17hundred90.com/
- Phone: 9122367122
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Samons
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer on site catering for up to 100 people both formal and informal
- Private Party Facilities: We have private party facilities that can accommodate up to 70 guest.
- Private Party Contact: Edward Williams 912-236-7122
- Entertainment: 1790 Restaurant and Inn offers a live pianist Friday-Saturday nights from 6p.m. until 9p.m.
A word from 17Hundred90 Inn and Restaurant
Named for the year it was constructed, 17Hundred90 provides a dining experience without equal in a historic city which prides itself in showering visitors in the unhurried luxury and service of times gone by. A living time capsule of America's earliest decades, 17Hundred90 captures the authentic flavor of an eighteenth century river port hotel and restaurant while working diligently to provide wonderful new memories for our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
17Hundred90 Inn and Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
17Hundred90 Inn and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (67)special occasion (56)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (26)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (12)late-night find (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- romance and ambiancelipsticknvinoDined on 8/27/2014What a delightful time at 1790! We entered to soft piano music and received excellent service from Steven..definitely a hidden gem you will want to experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Quaint InteriorMsBestDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed the ambiance of this restaurant but the food was just so so and for what you got we thought it was overpriced. Service was good but not great. We would recommend that if you want to see this place go for a drink but don't eat here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing, and they accomodated my friend who is vegan with an fanatstic menu. The staff was great and very friendly. I hope to return again next time I'm in Savannah.Special Features:
- 10th anniversary successKevnjenDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I travelled to savannah from Michigan for our 10th anniversary. We had a hard time picking from all of the recommendations for a good dinner location to celebrate. I'm so glad we chose this one. Great wine list. Biscuits were amazing. Food was well done - salmon and chicken. Server attentive but not bothersome. Piano player set such a romantic setting in front of the candle fireplace. Not overly busy so room noise was not too great. We hit most hot spots for dining and this was by far our favorite!Special Features:
- Service great location awesomeBradyDined on 8/10/2014Food not so much. Had the escargot it was hidden in a bed of greens n mushrooms with puff pastry. Grilled shrimp was from frozen not to fresh either. Risotto was mushy n not tasty. Fresh veggies were great. Desert was a flour less cake that was from frozen not tasty n very very small. A pineapple cake from frozen that was ok. The melbec wine was delish!! Piano player/singer was awesome n the ambience is excellent. I will go back just for those pros. But I will eat before I go n then just order light to b able to dine in the dinning area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quaintluv2dineDined on 8/10/2014Happy we found this place. The vibe is old and rustic, food was good, and service was quick and easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expereinceseafoodjunkieDined on 8/7/2014Had a few drinks at eh bar since they have a good happy hour and then had a very enjoyable and tasty meal. Service was very good as well. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- GreatSpiceDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful evening. Enjoyed both the restaurant and the bar . Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningMaggieBVIPDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I decided to try out 17Hundrend90 for restaurant week. The food was wonderful. Our waitress very polite and professional. The restaurant is dimly lit with open beam ceiling and red brick walls. My only complaint was the noise level from other guests talking. The restaurant was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real TreatsatisfiedcustomerDined on 8/1/201417Hundred90 has a new chef who's adding great food to an already fine combination of ambiance and service. The restaurant is in one of the oldest inns in Savannah, complete with an upstairs ghost. Go check it out. You will be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A High Quality Place, Must ReturnwillbeRHDined on 7/31/2014You feel that this restaurant has been serving high quality food for hundreds of years to residents and tourists alike. A piano plays pleasant melodies in a corner without being intrusive. It has great fried green tomatoes which retain their acidity with a crispy cornmeal coating which is not greasy. The escargot are plump and tasty if you want them. The entrees are good sized without overwhelming you, with perfectly cooked vegetables. How could I not mention the perfect honey biscuit served before the meal. And the drinks are quite reasonably priced (brews less than $5 and cocktails and wines which don't gouge you.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great JobNelliotDined on 7/30/2014this was a treat I live in Downtown Savannah and never have I ate here ,well I so enjoyed myself I cant wait to bring more friends here. Thanks for a outstanding time and meal.Special Features:
- Basement ambiance, good serviceTlcfoodDined on 7/30/2014We enjoyed a dining out dinner with the limited menu. The fried green tomatoes were nice thick slices deep fried with a crunchy coating. Salmon entree was way overcooked, beef tenderloin was smothered in a port wine sauce that didn't taste home made. The bread pudding desert was ok. Service was excellent-attentive but not burdensome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!MaineAngelDined on 7/30/2014A Savannah gem! Food was wonderful and the atmosphere was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal we had in Savannah!Paigehaytesgluten22Dined on 7/27/2014We went to 17hundred90 for our anniversary dinner... So sweet! Perfect for a date! And the food was amazing!! We stuffed our bellies... It was good! Especially for me- a person who is gluten and dairy free. They were so accommodating and I didn't feel like a burden! Most perfect way to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Peaky23Dined on 7/26/2014Very pretty dining room. The chandeliers were very pretty, pianist was great. Loved the bar area as well. I had the salmon oscar which was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining treasureBycanDined on 7/26/2014Great food,great atmosphere.Enjoyed the piano music.The service was incredible!I would recommend 1790,and will return to dine in the future.Special Features:
- 16annDined on 7/25/2014Rating would have been better but the server was overwhelmed with an abundance of tables. He did the best he could with so many tables. The food had to be taken back twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/24/2014we went here on a recommendation and alas another mediocre experience in savannah, people were nice service slow five tables in and seemed overwhelmed, dishes were ok pork not good tasted old and dried out. they were nice offered something else was finished by then. hoped for a better time but again was disappointed hope It was just an off day for them. room was really cool as well as the history.
- Anniversary DinnerFoodexplorerDined on 7/20/2014Our 32nd year wedding Anniversary was made even more special by the exceptional care the staff at 17hundred90 gave us during dinner. I got the chef special and the chef did a fabulous job preparing my meal. The crab stuffed filet mignon was tender and flavorful and the blue cheese sauce was to die for. From the salad to dessert the food was better than just good. We are from outside Savannah or We would eat there Often. My husband and I eat out quite a bit and this food was way above other dining establishments. The pianist was also wonderful. Great experience. Thanks everyone!!!!Special Features:
- great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I went to 17hundred90 for our anniversary. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor quality food-exorbitant pricesRandBDined on 7/9/2014We were guests at the Inn for two nights. We ate at their restaurant our first night. The ambience was wonderful...you get "the feel" of historic Savannah here. BUT that's where it ends. We ordered fried green tomatoes, escargot, jambalaya, shrimp and beef tips. The fried green tomatoes were good...the escargot was not a viable portion...the jambalaya tasted like it was from a mix and heated and reheated for days...the shrimp was good but the stuff they call risotto is gum. The bill was over $150 dollars. After a 13 hour drive, we were hungry and would (AND DID) have eaten anything! On a good note, the waiter was wonderful!
- 17Hundred90 InnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This was a great place! Staff very attentive. Our waiter was great and went out of his way to get us info on Savannah. The food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantGDP07072014Dined on 7/7/2014We were able to make reservations online without any problems. The food was great, the ambiance was romantic, and overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable MealDianadinesDined on 7/7/2014Perfect place to dine in Savannah. Lovely atmosphere. Stone,wood and brick with fireplace and piano player. Our group of four enjoyed the restaurant in all ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance!vmooreDined on 7/6/2014The food was great, the ambiance was unbeatable. Haunted or not, it was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service & noise...ymcebsVIPDined on 7/6/2014Service: When we were seated, the server led us to our table, and waited for my wife to pull her chair and be seated, instead of offering to pull her chair for her. The service throughout the meal was done without a smile, fast like at a diner; they forgot to offer bread, and brought us the check before they asked us if we wanted anything else (we would have ordered coffee). Noise: all the chairs are cracking, so each time someone is seated, or moves the chair, there is a noise that fills the restaurant. Although the food was ok, I would not recommend this place.
- Historic characterTastingaboutDined on 7/4/2014Lots of history and character wrapped up into a nice elegant package. Honey butter biscuits delicious. Fun for kids and adults.Special Features:
- it's been betterSusanDined on 6/29/2014Had a nice night at 17hundred90...ambience is wonderful, lovely music and singer, but food was just GOOD, not GREAT, as it has been in the past.Special Features:
- Nope.843NativeDined on 6/27/2014Escargots were simply distasteful. Salmon entree was burnt to a crisp and the NY strip was raw, (ordered med rare) but completely purple on the inside. And a very, very tough strip with every single bit of fat and gristle in it. Very sorry we came here on our out of town excursion.
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014I thought the food was good, but not for the price.Special Features:
- good foodDougDined on 6/24/2014Not the best in town but still very good for not having a ton of people crammed into a small space. Definitely worth it compared to some more touristy spots that serve mediocre food. Ask about what you order and take time as it is good but need to specify if what you order is what you'll like.
- Great experience!LocalsDined on 6/21/2014We are locals and came here to celebrate my husband's birthday. We could not have been more pleased! It was a fantastic evening. The food-live piano-rustic ambiance-incredible service- all made for a wonderful evening. And yes-- we will be back!!Special Features:
- Perfect Elopement Wedding DinnerFloridaNaomiDined on 6/21/2014We had a great experience at 17Hundred90. After researching many restaurants for our wedding dinner, my husband and I made a reservation at 17Hundred90 based on the reviews, the menu and the pictures. We really wanted something with a warm, romantic ambiance. We were absolutely thrilled with the restaurant as soon as we arrived. The setting was dark and romantic, with exposed brick, comfortable furnishings and lovely chandeliers throughout. We specifically requested a table near the back wall and fireplace. It felt very much like our own private dining nook. The service was great. Our server greeted us with a huge smile and treated us like royalty all night. The food was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014always reliably outstanding. excellent food quality, service and romance. doesn't even taste haunted.Special Features:
- Not what I expectedEatingoutDined on 6/20/2014Food was nothing special. I can cook better fresh veggies. Risotto was flavorless. Menu was sparse.Special Features:
- This was a great Friday nightCasualdineRDined on 6/20/2014I was originally referred to this place by my other friend, then I googled it for vegetarian options and it checked out. I took my girlfriend here for a random Friday night. The tables had flowers, candles, and a piano lit up the back ground. It was extremely romantic. The Black and Blue stake was the best in my life and since she's a vegetarian she had the pasta which she said was quite amazing also. The wine, there were so many options. The staff was funny, genuinely nice, and extremely helpful. They weren't over bearing but they're there when I needed them to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot for our 25thGrownzelDined on 6/17/2014Great food - stunning ambiance - just a really romantic and memorable evening. Our server was professional and friendly. The food was fresh and tasty (OH those honey-butter biscuits!). I great place for a small gathering of friends or a romantic meal for two. The piano player was brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 out of 5 mealsjrboyzDined on 6/14/2014Four meals excellent!!! I had Filet which was the worse of the meals at our table. It was only 1" thick, not juicy or medium rare. I have always had excellent Filet there several times before, so I did have a comparison. With 4 others in the party, who all had a fine meal, I did not feel like creating a scene, as the steak was edible---but far below my expectations. Interestingly, the waitress did not inquire as to how my meal was, but she was busy.Special Features:
- JwtotaDined on 6/10/2014The charm and ambience of the dining room was perfect. The piano player added to it. Great service and wonderful food. It was the perfect spot to celebrate or anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.