17Hundred90 Inn and Restaurant
307 East President St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
17Hundred90 Inn and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://17hundred90.com/
- Phone: 9122367122
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Samons
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We offer on site catering for up to 100 people both formal and informal
- Private Party Facilities: We have private party facilities that can accommodate up to 70 guest.
- Private Party Contact: Edward Williams 912-236-7122
- Entertainment: 1790 Restaurant and Inn offers a live pianist Friday-Saturday nights from 6p.m. until 9p.m.
A word from 17Hundred90 Inn and Restaurant
Named for the year it was constructed, 17Hundred90 provides a dining experience without equal in a historic city which prides itself in showering visitors in the unhurried luxury and service of times gone by. A living time capsule of America's earliest decades, 17Hundred90 captures the authentic flavor of an eighteenth century river port hotel and restaurant while working diligently to provide wonderful new memories for our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
17Hundred90 Inn and Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
17Hundred90 Inn and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (61)special occasion (58)neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (22)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Must visit on any SAV stayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014Best soup ever. (roasted pepper and tomato). Ambiance and service is top notch. Prices are fair for the value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!LovebirdsDined on 10/19/2014My husband and I were in Savannah for our anniversary and we're going to go back to a restaurant we had been to the year before. Thanks to a delightful gentleman recommending 17 Hundred 90 we had one of the best meals we have ever had. We can't wait to return to one of favorite places, Savannah and one of our new favorite restaurants 17 Hundred 90.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodIowaFoodieDined on 10/19/2014We had Sunday brunch and it was excellent. I would highly recommend eating here when you are in Savannah.Special Features:
- Good, but...chowhoundsDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I went here for our wedding anniversary dinner this year and for the most part it was a nice experience. The only real problem was with our server. While friendly, he seemed overwhelmed, as if he had too many tables to take care of at once. Because of that, our entrees showed up before our appetizer and my wife's filet was delivered undercooked. The same waiter wasn't very attentive for the remainder of our meal, but did offer us complimentary desserts because of the problems we had with our food/service. That was a nice touch as they delivered our two desserts on a platter with the words "Happy Anniversary, 1790" written in chocolate and raspberry sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindLBHJDined on 10/11/2014Having last stayed at the inn and eaten at restaurant over 12 years ago, we were delighted that it was the same as we remembered. The food was outstanding and being English the portion size was just right and we cannot praise it highly enough. Hopefully it won't be another 12 years before we return.Special Features:
- Restaurant in historical districtLiverpoolDined on 10/11/2014Restaurant had character and lots of visual appeal. Fit savannah vibe. Food was good and glasses of wine were very good. There was a piano playing in the room and it added to the mood in a good way. Price was reasonable for the areaSpecial Features:
- Wonderful DininghortusdocDined on 10/9/2014Our dining experience at 17Hundred90 was wonderful. The entire staff was courteous and attentative to our needs. Food was excellent with a great presentation. Music was appropriate, soft and romantic. Steven, our waiter, was gracious and perfect! Thank you 17Hundred90 for a perfect evening and tips for next year!Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/6/2014Good food but mediocre service. There were only two servers for the entire restaurant. Had to wait about 15-20 min even with a reservation.Special Features:
- good food nice ambienceJudyDined on 10/5/2014My husband tried the special flounder which was a disappointment. I tried the vegetarian option which the chef designs on the spot. Mine was wonderful. Service was excellent. Given its reputation, we felt this was less than we had hoped for but a perfectly adequate place for dinner.
- BabzVIPDined on 10/4/2014Loved everything- BUT - the biscuits !!!!! Forget the diet and have one. Would definetly go back.Special Features:
- up to expectationsKcrabbyDined on 10/2/2014We were visiting this restaurant to see if it might be a good choice for a family get together at Thanksgiving. It will be the perfect setting. The surroundings reminded us of the historic restaurants in Williamsburg, VA, but the food offerings were better. Our server was very friendly. Our Caesar salad, which we split, was most generous. Both entrees were delicious. My husband particularly enjoyed the small order rack of lamb. The wine list is adequate. We are looking forward to our Thanksgiving meal there. The night we visited, October 2, 2014, there was a young man playing the piano and he was wonderful. The musical selections as well as the sound level added just the right note to the evening, as they acted as background.Special Features:
- PattyDined on 10/2/2014Loved the atmosphere. The live piano player was excellent. I had the stuffed flounder which was dry. I was dissatisfied with my meal. Our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodDonnDined on 9/27/2014We found this restaurant to be very warm and inviting. The food was excellent. The best crab cakes we have ever had. The shrimp and scallop scampi was to die for.Special Features:
- 17hundred90OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Service was excellent. 3 of 4 dinners were very good. Rack of lamb ordered rare came medium to well. returned to kitchen only to find out that there was only one order remaining and because it was "pre-cooked" it was at best medium. Waitress handled it fine, but we were disappointed that we all couldn't enjoy an great meal. Replacement appetizer and a dessert were comped by the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentmf912Dined on 9/20/2014I wish I remembered my waiters name but he was great very knowledgeable with the menu. Very kind. I was on a date with my girlfriend and she and I sat directly in the middle of the resturant which I normally dislike (because of noise) and it was perfect. Everyone enjoying each other's company and very fine dining. The Sautéed shrimp I had was GREAT. Goin' back 4 sho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real savannah charmmavfDined on 9/20/2014This is Savannah. The Inn it self is what you expect to see in the true south. The food , service and charm was outstanding. We will be back to dine here again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Wonderful ambiance in the main dinning room with excellent vservice. Our appetizers - crab cakes and escagots were excellent. Main course -Red Snapper special was very good. A very good, fairly priced wine list - finding a bottle to match your meal and budget should not be much of a problem. Overall a very nice dinning experience and I will return.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My mom and I had dinner and stayed at the inn and the food and service was amazing! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, great service.ScoopsDined on 9/14/2014First discovered this restaurant during "Rataurant Week" and I fell in love with it then. Took my girlfriend here for her Bday and she loved it. The food is awesome and so was the service. The setting is just beautiful with live piano playing and the fireplaces. Perfect romantic dinner location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencepattyDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated our anniversary here. Can't say enough about it. Food,service was wonderful. Had piano music all evening . really was a special historic restaurant. Even though we didn't sit in the bar,it looked very inviting too.no on site parking,but not a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fantastic!DinnerForTwoDined on 9/12/2014The ambiance was great! The food could not have been better. The piano player made the night even better. I almost cancelled this reservation because we had gotten busy and I am so glad that I didn't. The next time I am in Savannah, I can promise you. . .I will be eating here and staying here again. Every single staff member was incredible! What a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Good food & HistoryFrogkissDined on 9/2/2014Like many restaurants in Savannah, 17Hundred90 is a historical building repurposed as a restaurant/ inn. (It is reported to be haunted, also like many buildings in Savannah.) The restaurant is in an intimate space with multiple fireplaces (not needed at this time of year, but probably very cozy in the winter months). We enjoyed our entrees of beef medalions over linguine and pork tenderloin stuffed with cranberries, but really LOVED the honey butter biscuits which accompanied the meal. These were light, flaky biscuit goodness drenched in honey; we would come back just for those! We had a very nice chat with the owner/ hostess after our meal about the history of the building and the restaurant & inn, which is family-owned and operated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romance and ambiancelipsticknvinoDined on 8/27/2014What a delightful time at 1790! We entered to soft piano music and received excellent service from Steven..definitely a hidden gem you will want to experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Quaint InteriorMsBestDined on 8/24/2014We enjoyed the ambiance of this restaurant but the food was just so so and for what you got we thought it was overpriced. Service was good but not great. We would recommend that if you want to see this place go for a drink but don't eat here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing, and they accomodated my friend who is vegan with an fanatstic menu. The staff was great and very friendly. I hope to return again next time I'm in Savannah.Special Features:
- 10th anniversary successKevnjenDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I travelled to savannah from Michigan for our 10th anniversary. We had a hard time picking from all of the recommendations for a good dinner location to celebrate. I'm so glad we chose this one. Great wine list. Biscuits were amazing. Food was well done - salmon and chicken. Server attentive but not bothersome. Piano player set such a romantic setting in front of the candle fireplace. Not overly busy so room noise was not too great. We hit most hot spots for dining and this was by far our favorite!Special Features:
- Service great location awesomeBradyDined on 8/10/2014Food not so much. Had the escargot it was hidden in a bed of greens n mushrooms with puff pastry. Grilled shrimp was from frozen not to fresh either. Risotto was mushy n not tasty. Fresh veggies were great. Desert was a flour less cake that was from frozen not tasty n very very small. A pineapple cake from frozen that was ok. The melbec wine was delish!! Piano player/singer was awesome n the ambience is excellent. I will go back just for those pros. But I will eat before I go n then just order light to b able to dine in the dinning area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quaintluv2dineDined on 8/10/2014Happy we found this place. The vibe is old and rustic, food was good, and service was quick and easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great expereinceseafoodjunkieDined on 8/7/2014Had a few drinks at eh bar since they have a good happy hour and then had a very enjoyable and tasty meal. Service was very good as well. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- GreatSpiceDined on 8/7/2014Wonderful evening. Enjoyed both the restaurant and the bar . Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic EveningMaggieBVIPDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I decided to try out 17Hundrend90 for restaurant week. The food was wonderful. Our waitress very polite and professional. The restaurant is dimly lit with open beam ceiling and red brick walls. My only complaint was the noise level from other guests talking. The restaurant was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real TreatsatisfiedcustomerDined on 8/1/201417Hundred90 has a new chef who's adding great food to an already fine combination of ambiance and service. The restaurant is in one of the oldest inns in Savannah, complete with an upstairs ghost. Go check it out. You will be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A High Quality Place, Must ReturnwillbeRHDined on 7/31/2014You feel that this restaurant has been serving high quality food for hundreds of years to residents and tourists alike. A piano plays pleasant melodies in a corner without being intrusive. It has great fried green tomatoes which retain their acidity with a crispy cornmeal coating which is not greasy. The escargot are plump and tasty if you want them. The entrees are good sized without overwhelming you, with perfectly cooked vegetables. How could I not mention the perfect honey biscuit served before the meal. And the drinks are quite reasonably priced (brews less than $5 and cocktails and wines which don't gouge you.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great JobNelliotDined on 7/30/2014this was a treat I live in Downtown Savannah and never have I ate here ,well I so enjoyed myself I cant wait to bring more friends here. Thanks for a outstanding time and meal.Special Features:
- Basement ambiance, good serviceTlcfoodDined on 7/30/2014We enjoyed a dining out dinner with the limited menu. The fried green tomatoes were nice thick slices deep fried with a crunchy coating. Salmon entree was way overcooked, beef tenderloin was smothered in a port wine sauce that didn't taste home made. The bread pudding desert was ok. Service was excellent-attentive but not burdensome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!MaineAngelDined on 7/30/2014A Savannah gem! Food was wonderful and the atmosphere was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal we had in Savannah!Paigehaytesgluten22Dined on 7/27/2014We went to 17hundred90 for our anniversary dinner... So sweet! Perfect for a date! And the food was amazing!! We stuffed our bellies... It was good! Especially for me- a person who is gluten and dairy free. They were so accommodating and I didn't feel like a burden! Most perfect way to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!Peaky23Dined on 7/26/2014Very pretty dining room. The chandeliers were very pretty, pianist was great. Loved the bar area as well. I had the salmon oscar which was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining treasureBycanDined on 7/26/2014Great food,great atmosphere.Enjoyed the piano music.The service was incredible!I would recommend 1790,and will return to dine in the future.Special Features:
- 16annDined on 7/25/2014Rating would have been better but the server was overwhelmed with an abundance of tables. He did the best he could with so many tables. The food had to be taken back twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.