18585 Coastal Highway
Rehobeth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.1776steakhouse.net/index.html
- Phone: (302) 645-9355
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from 1776 Steakhouse
Voted best steaks and most romantic restaurant at the beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
1776 Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
1776 Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (19)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A great Evening dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Was especially impressed how smoothly the hostess handled steady stream of diners. And special thanks and recognition to Ralph our waiter. He was well informed and gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014We hadn't been here in years, and I'm glad we finally returned. Steak was cooked to perfection. Attentive service, excellent wine, good food. We'll be back sooner next time.
- Very enjoyablePattyDined on 11/2/2014We enjoyed a quite dining experience. A group of five could chat and be heard. Sort of like we were at home but I did not have to cook. The meal was awesome, Service with a smile. She was there when we needed her but not bothersome. Yes I will return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- not like it used to beSheriffDined on 11/2/2014my steak was ordered med rare it came med well and was as large as usual in the past , disappointment for me because it is so close to home now will have to travel further away, just wasn't the sameSpecial Features:
- Will definitely be back!Angie419Dined on 11/1/2014Food was amazing. Service was awesome. Atmosphere was amazing. We are down in the Lewes area a lot and have always wanted to try 1776 just never did. I am so glad we did. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1776 SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014A little pricy but it was excellent and I did not mind spending more for a great meal. The steaks were perfectly cooked and delicious. Skip the creamed spinach unless you like it with a heavily smoked flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014waitress was good in helping select a wine. Soup was outstanding..scallop chips great..rolls average..steaks average..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was a great experciencewgncln12Dined on 10/25/2014was clean and proficient with service. Would recommend this to any one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good pick.TTKBVIPDined on 10/24/2014First time at this restaurant. Food was very good and steaks prepared exactly as ordered. We went on a Friday night and enjoyed the live musician. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING !JawebbVIPDined on 10/24/2014We travel 2 hrs. to eat here ...and we are never disappointed ! Best Steaks ever and the scallop chips are to die for !Special Features:
- Nice OccasionMargoDined on 10/20/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday, and he chose 1776 because he wanted perfect beef. He was not disappointed. We had a leisurely meal and service was more than adequate, but not obtrusive. 1776 remains one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- 48th Anniversary48yearsandcountingDined on 10/14/2014Good meal. Nice quiet dining. One of the best Steaks I have ever been served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulfoodluvrDined on 10/4/2014Great food, great service! Definitely would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Celebration VenueBRUNCHDined on 9/26/2014Been going to Rehoboth for years and recently just managed to make visit 1776....The food was great enjoyed the jazz Friday evening. Wait staff was a bit absent minded but very cordial. Will go there for the next celebration!!!!!Special Features:
- Birthday lunchbeachloveDined on 9/26/2014Server was great! Food was great! Manager was very helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Tried for the second time in 15 years and experience was just mediocre. Restaurant is in desperate need of a breath of fresh air. Food is nothing exciting. Atmosphere reminds me of a cafeteria. Menu prices are extremely overpriced. Overall, a big disappointment. Don't bother.Special Features:
- Nice Dining ExperienceWineNDineDined on 9/26/20141776 offered a Prix-Fixe menu for Delaware Restaurant Week and included their hand cut Prime Rib. It was tasty and very well prepared. Along with the entree, the Lobster and Crab Bisque was filling as were the hot, baked soft rolls. Dessert was Carrot Cake. The wine list offered a nice selection of reasonable priced wines. The steaks are the main attraction. For a special treat try one on the steak plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 9/24/2014We were looking forward this dining experience. On arrival we were seated just outside the bar and asked for a different table. We did not get impression this was well received by the hostess but were reseated. Waited for a short while before getting attention; however, Paul soon took our orders and seemed pleasant. Did not have beer which was draft - my husband selected another. Appetizer arrived before our drinks - we had the soup - it was good - not excellent. Our entree, the prime rib, arrived in a timely manner; however, when we cut into the meat it was cold. Vegetables were hot. Returned prime rib to be reheated. It was returned promptly; however, we found it to be on the tough side. In summary, service good, food fair.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The food we ordered arrived warm and in good time. Our waitress was very helpful and responded quickly to our requests. In all it was a lovely dinner in a mostly quiet setting and not crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wineloverDined on 9/23/2014Glad we took the opportunity to try your place during the delaware dines program. Its a hidden gem ! We all agreed to add this to our list of faves and will definitely return! Server was excellent! Kudos to your employees who provided a classy touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014The waiter (Tim) was excellent. Steak and lobster were awesome.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentSandyVIPDined on 9/19/2014We are regulars at 1776. The quality of the food is consistently good. Their steaks are always excellent and they have a good sampling of seafood. My favorites here are the scallop dishes and the lobster tail. Desserts are also outstanding. Our waitress is most helpful and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late seating, great meal!Dan1Dined on 9/13/2014This is the ultimate restaurant if you want a delicious meal with a great bar. The restaurant took in many non reservations on Saturday night, so our reservation was not honored but 35 minutes late. The manager gave us great appetizers for free, the bar is world class, the aged beef spectacular and the six of us had a wonderful time celebrating two birthdays. You will not find a better steak in Lewes/Rehoboth Beach.Special Features:
- Great SteakhouseStout1Dined on 9/9/2014One of the best steaks I have ever had (steak 1776). Server was very attentive and informative regarding the menu. The seafood items were of good quality and very fresh. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- oldmanphysicistDined on 9/4/2014Disappointed, had dinner here once before and it was very good. This time my bone in filet was very poor. Black ravioli was good, service was excellent. Main dish was just not a good piece of meat.
- all around disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/31/2014Having heard good things about 1776, we were eager to try dining here....well, we knew as soon as we walked in, it was not what we expected. Decor looks it was last updated in 1976, server was good but the food quality was not deserving of such fees Delmonico steak was adequate, lamb was too tough to eat, wild salmon tasted like frozen farm raised....sides looked and tasted like frozen and mass produced
- Good Steaks Cooked Right6schoonerDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant was a very pleasant surprise in a beach touristy area. Three of us had steak--three different cuts--and all were cooked perfectly and were delicious. The cuts are all very generously portioned. My crab and lobster soup starter was wonderful. One of us had the fish special--grilled rockfish--and said it was outstanding. It certainly looked like a beautiful plate the way the fish was presented. The waiter was superb, very experienced and appropriately attentive. The pace of service was excellent. We stayed after the meal telling stories for awhile and were not rushed. While we could talk fine, the background noise of sound band playing at the bar or in another room didn't help the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDined on 8/29/20141776 food was very good, service excellent. Could not really fit any description above to this restaurant. Ambiance only fair. Parking poor gbecause of a movie house next door.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1776 is worth visitingFoodieDined on 8/28/2014It is easy to miss as it is in a small mall on route one, but don't let that influence you. Once you walk inside, the ambiance is very nice. The service was exceptional, and the food is very, very good. I highly recommend it to those who would like a special occasion.Special Features:
- A Let DownDE1234Dined on 8/26/2014I had been looking forward to trying out 1776 but it was a let down. the steaks were ok but covered in way to much pepper. No choice of sides, menu listed chefs choice, it came with mashed potatoes which were not good at all and summer squash half was under cooked and the other half was over cooked. Our dessert was burnt. Will not be coming back.
- philDined on 8/23/2014This is still a great placde for steak, all beef, and fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!cld1450Dined on 8/22/2014My sister and I went here looking for a good steak dinner and we were not disappointed. We had the baked brie puff pastry and scallop chips for appetizers and both were delicious! For an entree we both ordered the fillet mignon trio. Best steak I have had! The cheesecake was just as fabulous!! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleaseddisappointedVIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I dined here last Friday and the meal was wonderful. We split a salad which was large enough for both of us and the dressing was very light, not overpowering. I ordered the filet, medium rare. It was prepared exactly as ordered and slightly char broiled to perfection. It was extremely tender and flavorful. My husband ordered the barrel and his was also prepared to perfection. We both ordered dessert, the chocolate cake and the apple tart with ice cream. Fabulous. Large portions, enough to take some home for the next day. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Very Nice !steel274Dined on 8/21/2014Atmosphere was great! Even though my group thought we were under dressed, we didn't feel uncomfortable. Live entertainment was nice and service exceptional. I don't think my water glass ever went empty. The main part was the food. ... One word.. ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak houseBackbayBobDined on 8/18/20141776 is always a great meal, good service and the wait staff are very knowledgeable of the products they serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingDontezCollinsDined on 8/16/2014The customer service here is what makes this restaurant better than any restaurant I've been to and I've traveled to many up scale restaurants but 1776 is by far the best. The waiters/waitresses are caring, personal and attend to your every need while being polite and respectful with a smile on their face. The owner is very down to earth yet professional who has taken care of me and my wife like we were best friends over years. The background live jazz music is so relaxing and creates the perfect mood for a romantic evening. And the food, is to die for! This place is awesome if you haven't ate here, you haven't really enjoyed a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodThomDined on 8/14/20141776 is one of our favorite restaurants in Rehoboth Beach. Great food, service, and ambience all combined to create a fine dining experience. A nice wine list complements the excellent entrees! Nice desserts finish off the evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Fantastic! Enough said...this restaurant is a must visit for all visitors and locals alike. Food as well as service are unparalleled. Every visit, we walk away happier than the last! Fabulous restaurant, a don't miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudypieVIPDined on 8/12/2014An unexpected crowd did not diminish the fine service we received. The NY strip was done perfectly (rare), send asparagus and chips were good. Bread would have been a welcome addition.Special Features:
- Super Surf & TurfSmurfyDined on 8/11/2014My family and I try to come here every year. The food is just outstanding and the service is very friendly and helpful.