18585 Coastal Highway
Rehobeth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.1776steakhouse.net/index.html
- Phone: 3026459355
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from 1776 Steakhouse
Voted best steaks and most romantic restaurant at the beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
1776 Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
1776 Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- 1776 is worth visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014It is easy to miss as it is in a small mall on route one, but don't let that influence you. Once you walk inside, the ambiance is very nice. The service was exceptional, and the food is very, very good. I highly recommend it to those who would like a special occasion.Special Features:
- A Let DownDE1234Dined on 8/26/2014I had been looking forward to trying out 1776 but it was a let down. the steaks were ok but covered in way to much pepper. No choice of sides, menu listed chefs choice, it came with mashed potatoes which were not good at all and summer squash half was under cooked and the other half was over cooked. Our dessert was burnt. Will not be coming back.
- philDined on 8/23/2014This is still a great placde for steak, all beef, and fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!cld1450Dined on 8/22/2014My sister and I went here looking for a good steak dinner and we were not disappointed. We had the baked brie puff pastry and scallop chips for appetizers and both were delicious! For an entree we both ordered the fillet mignon trio. Best steak I have had! The cheesecake was just as fabulous!! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleaseddisappointedVIPDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I dined here last Friday and the meal was wonderful. We split a salad which was large enough for both of us and the dressing was very light, not overpowering. I ordered the filet, medium rare. It was prepared exactly as ordered and slightly char broiled to perfection. It was extremely tender and flavorful. My husband ordered the barrel and his was also prepared to perfection. We both ordered dessert, the chocolate cake and the apple tart with ice cream. Fabulous. Large portions, enough to take some home for the next day. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Very Nice !steel274Dined on 8/21/2014Atmosphere was great! Even though my group thought we were under dressed, we didn't feel uncomfortable. Live entertainment was nice and service exceptional. I don't think my water glass ever went empty. The main part was the food. ... One word.. ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak houseBackbayBobDined on 8/18/20141776 is always a great meal, good service and the wait staff are very knowledgeable of the products they serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingDontezCollinsDined on 8/16/2014The customer service here is what makes this restaurant better than any restaurant I've been to and I've traveled to many up scale restaurants but 1776 is by far the best. The waiters/waitresses are caring, personal and attend to your every need while being polite and respectful with a smile on their face. The owner is very down to earth yet professional who has taken care of me and my wife like we were best friends over years. The background live jazz music is so relaxing and creates the perfect mood for a romantic evening. And the food, is to die for! This place is awesome if you haven't ate here, you haven't really enjoyed a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodThomDined on 8/14/20141776 is one of our favorite restaurants in Rehoboth Beach. Great food, service, and ambience all combined to create a fine dining experience. A nice wine list complements the excellent entrees! Nice desserts finish off the evening meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Fantastic! Enough said...this restaurant is a must visit for all visitors and locals alike. Food as well as service are unparalleled. Every visit, we walk away happier than the last! Fabulous restaurant, a don't miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudypieVIPDined on 8/12/2014An unexpected crowd did not diminish the fine service we received. The NY strip was done perfectly (rare), send asparagus and chips were good. Bread would have been a welcome addition.Special Features:
- Super Surf & TurfSmurfyDined on 8/11/2014My family and I try to come here every year. The food is just outstanding and the service is very friendly and helpful.
- Tim is the best!2girlsandaguyDined on 8/8/2014The food was really good, and if you are lucky enough to get Tim as your server, please take his recommendations for what to eat. He will not steer you wrong.Special Features:
- Best Experience This WeekDiningGuyDined on 8/7/2014We had a party of seven and everyone enjoyed their meal at 1776. The owner/manager's beer discussions with our son and a wonderful waitress, Kalina, combined with outstanding menu items made this our favorite restaurant again this year. Everyone had something different from the menu, we shared and enjoyed every bite. Reward yourself and do not miss this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent beef dishesMarshDined on 8/5/2014the display of the different cuts of beefs was very enjoyable and helpful. I called at the last minute to advise them of a birthday in our group, which I noted on the online reservation. They suggested a cake and asked for my preference. I wonderful chocolate cake with the birthday name written on it appeared for dessert. The service was very good, overall a wonderful evening for the 7 of us (2 kids).Special Features:
- An unexpected gemDCWineLoverVIPDined on 8/2/2014Don't let the shopping center location fool you! This top-quality steakhouse would fit in well with DC or Baltimore restaurant scene, and the prices were less-than expected, too, even for Rehoboth prices! Service was attentive (but not "hover-y), amazing selection of cuts and seafood, and the jazz's volume was perfectly suited for the ambiance. Although I was happy with the wine list (and all well-priced!), it definitely could have had a bit more "umpf" in mid-priced French, Italian and California selection, perhaps even one tier up for those "really" special occasions! It wouldn't be bad to include VA, Maryland and Delaware wines as well! We've already recommended it to friends visiting in September, and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DinnerPASteakloverDined on 7/31/2014While my family and I were vacationing in Bethany Beach, we searched for a really nice steakhouse for my daughter's 17th birthday. We decided on 1776 Steakhouse, even though it was in Rehoboth. We also wanted a place where we could dress up a little bit. We pulled up and felt a little awkward walking across the strip mall parking lot, but all of our fears were gone when we stepped inside. The restaurant is beautiful and classy. Our waitress was wonderful and fun. Although the menu is loaded with great choices, my 13 year old son asked for a burger and a lunch menu was immediately made available to him. My choice of Steak 1776, a filet with crab imperial and asparagus served over mashers, was amazing! Alcoholic drinks were good quality too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughJasean12Dined on 7/31/2014It is located by an old movie theater, at first glance it looks like an store front eaterie. To our surprise and satisfication it was a wonderful dining experience! It is on the do list we we go back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak HouseRichVIPDined on 7/26/20141776 is a real find tucked away in a shopping center near the Midway theaters. Steak selection is excellent; service is very attentive and well versed on the menu; and the ambience is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-Notch Steak HousegreenickDined on 7/23/2014Steaks are very high-quality, and cooked perfectly to order. Lobster crab bisque is the best I've had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The service and appetizer were great (we had baked brie), but my steak was pretty lousy. I ordered the 'Barrel' done Medium Well - the outside was charred and the inside was bright pink. You could barely cut it with a knife without putting some decent force behind it. My husband had the Surf and Turf (Crap cakes and Sirloin) and his steak was able to be cut with a fork, no knife needed. Since my steak was apparently cut from the center part of a Ribeye, I was surprised that mine was so tough and I contribute it to not being cooked correctly. All and all, I doubt we'd be back.Special Features:
- Food and quality are consistentMakingReservationsVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been dining at this restaurant for many years. We find that there are always options for everyone. It is known for it's quality of meat and never let's us down. It's become a "go to" place for our family. Don't be turned away by the fact that it is in a shopping center with a movie theater. Give it a try! You will return. And, they take reservations (which is rare at the beach)!Special Features:
- Worth a stop in!NCWillDined on 7/18/2014From the food to the entire staff this was a very pleasant experience! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly red meat, well cookedProsperoDined on 7/13/2014Definitely for meat eaters. Steaks were cooked precisely. Crab cakes always good. Sides and salads good. Too much food for desert. On the pricey side, but quality warrants cost. Service attentive and friendly. Restaurant itself could use a facelift.
- Everything was excellent.SandyVIPDined on 7/11/2014We each had steaks one filet and one barrel cut. Both were perfectly prepared. Service was excellent. This is a great place for a quiet family dinner or a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Food great, Service not so muchbeachloveDined on 7/11/2014Our server was horrible. I don't know if it was his first day or what was going on, but he definitely was clueless with what he was to be doing. I think he must have been overwhelmed or something because he just couldn't manage to get it together. He was lacking in just about everything that a server is required to do as a part of services. The other staff had to pick up the ball because he was constantly dropping it. It just didn't seem like we were of any importance to him that evening. On a better note, the hostess was lovely! She was most accommodating and wonderful! The food was good and especially the salads so, thank you to the chefs!Special Features:
- Steakhouse Near MoviesZachsterDined on 7/8/2014Our service was spot on. The entrees ordered were as advertised. Its a steakhouse so its a tad pricey for a beach community but its consistently good and located next to the multiplex movie theater between Rehoboth and Lewes.Special Features:
- Ignore the strip mallMattDined on 7/3/2014Despite a suspect location and dubious interior decoration the place is on the higher end of the offerings in and around Lewes. The beer list is better than the wine list, though the servers have varying levels of understanding. Appetizers run the gamut from delicious (black ravioli) to ok baked escargot), to inventive (scallop chips). Entrees that circle around steak are among the better options and preparation is more often than not as requested. There's a clear bent towards French preparation, with varying success, but whatever you order, the spinach is worth adding. Deserts aren't exactly an afterthought, but seem to have gotten less attention than everything else.Special Features:
- Great SteakhousejbandKCDined on 6/28/2014We love this place, never been disappointed, food very good, service great, best steakhouse in the Rehoboth Beach area. Entertainment a plus too!!Special Features:
- delicious steaksissy13Dined on 6/28/2014Best steak and prime rib. Service is great too.I would recommend to all how love meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backLennyVIPDined on 6/26/2014We ate there to see Bryan Clark perform. But we truly enjoyed the meal. We had not eaten there before but will definitely include it as a must stop for dinner during future trips to Rehoboth Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakmykidzrdogsDined on 6/26/2014The food and service were top notch.!!!!!!!! They had an entertainer / singer that night ..he was very good. The crowd tends to lean to the retired . The atmosphere could use an upgrade. Maybe if they did that they would attract a more diverse group of people.Special Features:
- A little disappointingBoys4dinnerDined on 6/21/2014The service was great as usual. The steaks were a little disappointing. They were good but not as good as previous visits. Three at our table had the porterhouse and their comments were "not as good as they remembered". Good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening.CarolDined on 6/20/2014Excellent meal. Restaurant easy to get to with plenty of parking. Take reservations so great for a busy beach weekend.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!BrandiscoleDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband to dinner here for Fathers Day and the food and service was amazing! On reservation I requested a bottle of Moscato to be present and it was. We were seated immediately and our waiter checked on us through out dinner. 1776 has exceptional customer service!! I was just as pleased this time as my first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/4/2014What a great restaurant find! Good food, nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1776 is gem on Rt 1 in LewessonzoDined on 5/27/2014The food is good and the service is impeccable. We enjoyed the wine list and selection of steak (known for) and seafood. Desserts are good and varied.Special Features:
- Great SteakGraybeardDined on 5/18/2014Delmonico was great as well as salad, highly recommend this spot, will re-vist next trip to the beachSpecial Features:
- Consistently great food and servicepuravidaDined on 5/17/2014We have started to go back to 1776 for the last two years and have been extremely satisfied. Best service at the beach. The steaks are perfectly cooked tender and juicy and for non-weak lovers excellent other choices. Also they know how to make a drink! Susan and I both had the prime rib - perfect. Also moderately priced. Jee - whats wrong with this... NothingSpecial Features:
- Great SteakNorthernDined on 5/8/20141776 Steak - Filet Mignon with Asparagas served over redskinned mashed potatoes was a perfect choice. Crab cakes were not good at all. Waiter left us sitting there with only one other table to wait on without even giving us bread & butter. Escargot was served with only 2 rolls that you expect to get at Denny's, lucky that he did not bring the 2 orders that we did order because they were not good. Waiter never came back to the table to ask if the food was acceptable or give us a refill on our ice tea or soda.Special Features: