143 Main Street
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1770house.com/
- Phone: (631) 324-1770
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rozzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three dining rooms to choose from accommodating up to 45 people.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Cohen 6313241770x
A word from 1770 House
The 1770 House, located in the heart of East Hampton is the Hampton's premier fine dining location. The 1770 House proudly offers three different dining settings to choose from. Our luxurious main dining room, the casual Tavern, or the beautiful outdoor garden patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
1770 House - Best Restaurants in East Hampton ›
1770 House reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (66)romantic (65)notable wine list (43)neighborhood gem (42)great for outdoor dining (25)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Amazing service & Solid food and wine!AnnArborDined on 11/15/2014Celebrated my boyfriends 31st birthday at 1770. It didn't disappoint at all. It's located in a little bed and breakfast and has a great ambiance. It's small and romantic. We went in November and there was a warm fire going. The staff was so warm, well educated on the options and had great personal recommendations. It was so nice to have such great service from our host, coat check, server, support service staff and then the second host that took our pictures at the end of the night :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillieWillieDined on 11/9/2014The 1770 House is a landmark building in the heart of Easthampton. It exudes charm, is warm and inviting. The main dining room is something out of an English romance novel, the food is excellent and the service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/9/2014The whole experience at the 1770 House is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful in every waysanchomamaDined on 11/8/2014I loved this restaurant, the meal - everything was top notch all the way without being pretentious or out of reach. There service was very attentive and professional - the food, all really tasty - I would come back here in a minute.Special Features:
- Outstanding every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014One of the best restaurants out east and anywhere. Even Restaurant week was such a treat. Thank you, 1770 House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- liked very muchyummyDined on 11/7/2014It was a great experience. The food,service and ambiance was perfect. The building is so quaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming in East HamptonBeachbumpaulDined on 11/5/20141770 is an intimate gem in East Hampton. A arrived and well thought out menu, with a matching wine list. Everyone in our party enjoyed everything we ate and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Always pleasesHappy268Dined on 11/3/2014The 1770 House is one of my favorite restaurants out here; ties for my top choice. Consistently high quality food prepared well, service excellent, friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2014we went as a part of restaurant week and were endlessly happily surprised. frankly, i think it is the best meal i have ever had for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- U must go!Luvmyfood21Dined on 11/1/2014Gr8 restaurant. Service was impeccable. Food was amazing. We sat upstairs which was more upscale & was perfect for Saturday night dining. Downstairs dining seem to have more of a vibe. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tavern foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Tavern meatloaf and Tavern burger are a must. Thanks for the recomdation by the bar tender he was right on. Cheese plate appetizers are amazing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EpicurianDelightDined on 10/31/2014Food is priced high-end but taste wise pretty mediocre. Restaurant looks great and service good.Special Features:
- 11111VIPDined on 10/18/2014Perfectly fine restaurant but nothing special. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Cozy spot with great foodWillajaneVIPDined on 10/17/2014Love it here. Perfect cool weather escape for classic comfort food as well as creative dishes !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS RESTAURANTsheyronDined on 10/11/2014All I can say is that this restaurant is by far the best in the hamptons. Food is amazing, charming ambiance and staff is friendly, polite and attentive. Had the most wonderful dinner and experience. Brought 2 friends Saturday night there and they still can't stop talking about it 2 days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and ReliableEllenVIPDined on 10/11/2014Lovely dinner at 1770 on Saturday night - this is my favorite place in the Hamptons. Of note were the Cherry Tomato Salad, the Thai-inspired swordfish and the Apple Crisp. All first rate in a very comfortable setting.Special Features:
- Always TerrificEHyrounderVIPDined on 10/10/2014When you want to get away from the noise and the 'scene" go here for sophisticated dining in a beautiful setting with good food and service. Reserve well in advance during season or on weekends year around.Special Features:
- Perfection.DojoVIPDined on 10/10/2014Top notch service in a warm inviting atmosphere. And I mean that literally and figuratively. It was a cool crisp fall evening and they had the fireplace roaring. The food matched the service. I had the veal. It was like silk in my mouth. The whole experience was so perfect that I didn't mind spending the money.Special Features:
- PerfectionCindyVIPDined on 10/4/2014The 1770 House restaurant is one of our favorite places Fantastic food Ambience is so relaxing not a noisy place Wonderful wines by the glass since I drink white & my husband drinks red The service is so wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect machopzasDined on 9/28/2014As we were celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary this year in NYC, we went out to East Hampton for a brilliant, shiny day on Long Island´s and East Hampton´s beaches. Having made a reservation from our home country Austria via OpenTable in advance, it was great to surprise my wife with this picturesque Restaurant at the end of our day. Highly recommended! Heavenly steaks and seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie OeddieoVIPDined on 9/20/2014My friend and I had a wonderful dinning experience here. The service and the meal's were outstanding. I can't wait for 2015 to eat here again on my next Montauk vacation.Special Features:
- FooooodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014One word to describe 1770....Fabulous! Service, food and atmosphere outstanding. Will try and make it back before going homeSpecial Features:
- Cozy Setting!WorldwidedinRDined on 9/11/2014We had a fabulous meal after a long day. The atmosphere was cozy and easy to talk. We were 30 minutes late for our reservation and they were very accommodating. They even moved our table to accommodate the blowing AC vent. The salad I had was outstanding and so was the wine! My husband loved his meal as well even though I don't remember what he had! We would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service1770ExcellsVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great food and service. Staff is exceptional and it's a great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- WONDERFUL!NancyDined on 9/4/2014This is a fine place, food, ambiance, service all great. Would recommend to anyone. Not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. The striped bass with lobster sauce, over the top excellent. Even mixed green salad, expensive but so fresh and dressed just right. Wine list fine, not inexpensive, but great wines. This place tries to please. Wish they still had the olive rolls, though!Special Features:
- Best in East HamptonOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/2/2014Understated, elegant....great experience and great food. Service top-notch. Hard to beat. Well worth it !Special Features:
- Great food but ....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The historic house is beautiful, the food was incredibly fresh, imaginative and tasty, and our waiter was fantastic. However, the hostess who met us at the door had a sour face and attitude, before we even opened our mouths to say good evening. And then, despite an 8:00 pm reservation, that was duly confirmed, we had to wait at least 30 minutes for our table. So, a rocky start but a fine finish.Special Features:
- Delicious and relaxedLondon29Dined on 8/27/2014Good food with a twist. Great and Friendly service. Always a winner. Best restaurant in East Hampton by far!Special Features:
- AppleVIPDined on 8/26/2014We had a wonderful Anniversary dinner here. The food was excellent so was the wine. Overall very pleased with our experience. Beautiful old world charm with a sophisticated menu. Most people were dressed very informally which was a surprise.Special Features:
- GaugingSuperDined on 8/25/2014Have been to restaurant many times over the past 10-15 years The prices have become more expensive than the elite restaurants in N Y C Will seek other restaurants in the future
- Refinement, a breath of fresh airPressbureauVIPDined on 8/15/2014A lovely experience, refined, excellent food & service,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceRLWPHDDined on 8/12/2014The Village of East Hampton has a very special charm and it continues within this historical building. The main dining room opens to gardens and during our dinner a young woman wafted through the French doors on two occasions. The ambience is old and almost mystical so that the lady with the chiffon dress appeared almost surreal as if from another place and time. The food was well presented and excellent in every way. The courteous waiter took the time and had the knowledge to fully explain the choices. The 1770 house is not only about dining but also is an experience in civility and decorum.Special Features:
- OutstandingDocDeenVIPDined on 8/11/2014Immediately after we finished our meal I was wondering when we could come back. In season you can eat outside...we chose inside and it was a very nice room. A bit tight but enough room to be comfortable. Service was impeccable. Our waiter was a pro...knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive. He had several tables and he hustled to keep things moving. We took his advice to try the fluke tartare. So glad we did...I love tuna and salmon tartare and this was the best fish tartare I've had. A solid portion and so flavorful...you could make a meal of it. Dinner we went with Halibut with sweet corn Ragu and a veal porterhouse. Wow. Both excellent...flavors and presentation. Too full to sample dessert. Pricey but appropriate for EH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedfoodie913VIPDined on 8/10/2014We have eaten at 1770 House every year now for the past six summers. This restaurant unlike many that are in the Hamptons has not lost a step. Consistently great food, and good service, it is a must when you are there.Special Features:
- As alwaysBuckDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service and divine food Never disappointedSpecial Features:
- 21st C. food, 18th C. lightingslb5Dined on 8/7/2014The menu is predictable, but the food is top quality and almost always perfectly prepared; the dining room is lovely. There's a good selection of wines by the glass, reasonably priced for a top restaurant in "the Hamptons." Alas, it's yet another place where the light is inadequate. You can bring a flashlight to read the menu, but you can't hold it while eating. One more votive doesn't do it. Doesn't the chef want us to SEE as well as taste his creations? We sat under a small lamp sconce, but nearby tables had NO lighting other than a votive or two. The traditional decor and the ambience are enough to underscore the 1770 name; the lighting should be brought into the 21st century. So many options now that would help without being blinding.Special Features:
- WonderfulZannyDined on 8/6/2014A great spot for an enjoyable evening away from glitz and glamour. Perfect place to have a conversation. Like a country inn without fuss, sophisticated food and fare. Especially good was the fluke tartare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Meal and ExperiencePublius2Dined on 8/5/2014We had a fantastic meal at 1770 house on 8/5/14. Our server, Christian, was immensely helpful. Though expensive, it is well worth it. We highly recommend this wonderful place.Special Features:
- not as good as the ratingdiningwellDined on 8/5/2014my experience here average... the location is off the main street and in a renovated old house the service was very slow the food was good but hardly worth how expensive it is there are so many more restaurants in the area which how a better mix of location, price and fabulous food
- Miss the old 1770NewyorkchickVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food is still very good. The prices have increased about $7 more each item. A salad for $19 with some apricot in it just doesn't merit the price. Gone are the days of 3 choices of bread or the $30 price fixe that was very ample. If you've never been, then this may just seem like good American food with Hamptons pricing, but $114 (before tip) for a shared salad, chicken entree, scallops, shared dessert, tea, no drinks, well, it should be REALLY good then. Not memorable. Convenient to Guild Hall, quiet setting, why is the hostess dressed in shorts like she ran here from the beach? Nice for the older, mature crowd...otherwise, better value elsewhere...Special Features: