143 Main Street
East Hampton, NY 11937Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1770house.com/
- Phone: 6313241770x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rozzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Three dining rooms to choose from accommodating up to 45 people.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Cohen 6313241770x
A word from 1770 House
The 1770 House, located in the heart of East Hampton is the Hampton's premier fine dining location. The 1770 House proudly offers three different dining settings to choose from. Our luxurious main dining room, the casual Tavern, or the beautiful outdoor garden patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
1770 House - Best Restaurants in East Hampton ›
1770 House reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (63)fit for foodies (62)special occasion (61)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (39)great for outdoor dining (29)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- 11111VIPDined on 10/18/2014Perfectly fine restaurant but nothing special. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Cozy spot with great foodWillajaneVIPDined on 10/17/2014Love it here. Perfect cool weather escape for classic comfort food as well as creative dishes !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS RESTAURANTsheyronDined on 10/11/2014All I can say is that this restaurant is by far the best in the hamptons. Food is amazing, charming ambiance and staff is friendly, polite and attentive. Had the most wonderful dinner and experience. Brought 2 friends Saturday night there and they still can't stop talking about it 2 days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and ReliableEllenVIPDined on 10/11/2014Lovely dinner at 1770 on Saturday night - this is my favorite place in the Hamptons. Of note were the Cherry Tomato Salad, the Thai-inspired swordfish and the Apple Crisp. All first rate in a very comfortable setting.Special Features:
- Always TerrificEHyrounderVIPDined on 10/10/2014When you want to get away from the noise and the 'scene" go here for sophisticated dining in a beautiful setting with good food and service. Reserve well in advance during season or on weekends year around.Special Features:
- Perfection.DojoVIPDined on 10/10/2014Top notch service in a warm inviting atmosphere. And I mean that literally and figuratively. It was a cool crisp fall evening and they had the fireplace roaring. The food matched the service. I had the veal. It was like silk in my mouth. The whole experience was so perfect that I didn't mind spending the money.Special Features:
- PerfectionCindyVIPDined on 10/4/2014The 1770 House restaurant is one of our favorite places Fantastic food Ambience is so relaxing not a noisy place Wonderful wines by the glass since I drink white & my husband drinks red The service is so wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect machopzasDined on 9/28/2014As we were celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary this year in NYC, we went out to East Hampton for a brilliant, shiny day on Long Island´s and East Hampton´s beaches. Having made a reservation from our home country Austria via OpenTable in advance, it was great to surprise my wife with this picturesque Restaurant at the end of our day. Highly recommended! Heavenly steaks and seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eddie OeddieoVIPDined on 9/20/2014My friend and I had a wonderful dinning experience here. The service and the meal's were outstanding. I can't wait for 2015 to eat here again on my next Montauk vacation.Special Features:
- FooooodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014One word to describe 1770....Fabulous! Service, food and atmosphere outstanding. Will try and make it back before going homeSpecial Features:
- Cozy Setting!WorldwidedinRDined on 9/11/2014We had a fabulous meal after a long day. The atmosphere was cozy and easy to talk. We were 30 minutes late for our reservation and they were very accommodating. They even moved our table to accommodate the blowing AC vent. The salad I had was outstanding and so was the wine! My husband loved his meal as well even though I don't remember what he had! We would certainly go back.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service1770ExcellsVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great food and service. Staff is exceptional and it's a great atmosphereSpecial Features:
- WONDERFUL!NancyDined on 9/4/2014This is a fine place, food, ambiance, service all great. Would recommend to anyone. Not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. The striped bass with lobster sauce, over the top excellent. Even mixed green salad, expensive but so fresh and dressed just right. Wine list fine, not inexpensive, but great wines. This place tries to please. Wish they still had the olive rolls, though!Special Features:
- Best in East HamptonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2014Understated, elegant....great experience and great food. Service top-notch. Hard to beat. Well worth it !Special Features:
- Great food but ....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The historic house is beautiful, the food was incredibly fresh, imaginative and tasty, and our waiter was fantastic. However, the hostess who met us at the door had a sour face and attitude, before we even opened our mouths to say good evening. And then, despite an 8:00 pm reservation, that was duly confirmed, we had to wait at least 30 minutes for our table. So, a rocky start but a fine finish.Special Features:
- Delicious and relaxedLondon29Dined on 8/27/2014Good food with a twist. Great and Friendly service. Always a winner. Best restaurant in East Hampton by far!Special Features:
- AppleVIPDined on 8/26/2014We had a wonderful Anniversary dinner here. The food was excellent so was the wine. Overall very pleased with our experience. Beautiful old world charm with a sophisticated menu. Most people were dressed very informally which was a surprise.Special Features:
- GaugingSuperDined on 8/25/2014Have been to restaurant many times over the past 10-15 years The prices have become more expensive than the elite restaurants in N Y C Will seek other restaurants in the future
- Refinement, a breath of fresh airPressbureauVIPDined on 8/15/2014A lovely experience, refined, excellent food & service,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dining experienceRLWPHDDined on 8/12/2014The Village of East Hampton has a very special charm and it continues within this historical building. The main dining room opens to gardens and during our dinner a young woman wafted through the French doors on two occasions. The ambience is old and almost mystical so that the lady with the chiffon dress appeared almost surreal as if from another place and time. The food was well presented and excellent in every way. The courteous waiter took the time and had the knowledge to fully explain the choices. The 1770 house is not only about dining but also is an experience in civility and decorum.Special Features:
- OutstandingDocDeenVIPDined on 8/11/2014Immediately after we finished our meal I was wondering when we could come back. In season you can eat outside...we chose inside and it was a very nice room. A bit tight but enough room to be comfortable. Service was impeccable. Our waiter was a pro...knowledgeable about the menu and very attentive. He had several tables and he hustled to keep things moving. We took his advice to try the fluke tartare. So glad we did...I love tuna and salmon tartare and this was the best fish tartare I've had. A solid portion and so flavorful...you could make a meal of it. Dinner we went with Halibut with sweet corn Ragu and a veal porterhouse. Wow. Both excellent...flavors and presentation. Too full to sample dessert. Pricey but appropriate for EH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedfoodie913VIPDined on 8/10/2014We have eaten at 1770 House every year now for the past six summers. This restaurant unlike many that are in the Hamptons has not lost a step. Consistently great food, and good service, it is a must when you are there.Special Features:
- As alwaysBuckDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service and divine food Never disappointedSpecial Features:
- 21st C. food, 18th C. lightingslb5Dined on 8/7/2014The menu is predictable, but the food is top quality and almost always perfectly prepared; the dining room is lovely. There's a good selection of wines by the glass, reasonably priced for a top restaurant in "the Hamptons." Alas, it's yet another place where the light is inadequate. You can bring a flashlight to read the menu, but you can't hold it while eating. One more votive doesn't do it. Doesn't the chef want us to SEE as well as taste his creations? We sat under a small lamp sconce, but nearby tables had NO lighting other than a votive or two. The traditional decor and the ambience are enough to underscore the 1770 name; the lighting should be brought into the 21st century. So many options now that would help without being blinding.Special Features:
- WonderfulZannyDined on 8/6/2014A great spot for an enjoyable evening away from glitz and glamour. Perfect place to have a conversation. Like a country inn without fuss, sophisticated food and fare. Especially good was the fluke tartare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Meal and ExperiencePublius2Dined on 8/5/2014We had a fantastic meal at 1770 house on 8/5/14. Our server, Christian, was immensely helpful. Though expensive, it is well worth it. We highly recommend this wonderful place.Special Features:
- not as good as the ratingdiningwellDined on 8/5/2014my experience here average... the location is off the main street and in a renovated old house the service was very slow the food was good but hardly worth how expensive it is there are so many more restaurants in the area which how a better mix of location, price and fabulous food
- Miss the old 1770NewyorkchickVIPDined on 8/3/2014The food is still very good. The prices have increased about $7 more each item. A salad for $19 with some apricot in it just doesn't merit the price. Gone are the days of 3 choices of bread or the $30 price fixe that was very ample. If you've never been, then this may just seem like good American food with Hamptons pricing, but $114 (before tip) for a shared salad, chicken entree, scallops, shared dessert, tea, no drinks, well, it should be REALLY good then. Not memorable. Convenient to Guild Hall, quiet setting, why is the hostess dressed in shorts like she ran here from the beach? Nice for the older, mature crowd...otherwise, better value elsewhere...Special Features:
- JimboDined on 7/31/2014We were vey early for our reservation but were seated immediately and allowed to take our time. The martinis were great, there was an excellent wine selection and both our appetizer and entrées, Montauk scallops and veal tenderloin were perfectly done. Aside from the great food and drinks however was the attentive yet unobtrusive service we received. Can not recommend 1770 house any higher.Special Features:
- Dinner before a show.SteveDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I had tickets to a play at Guild Hall, and we wanted dinner before the show. The 1770 House was highly recommended on several web sites, and we decided to try it. (We didn't know until we got there that the restaurant is almost directly across the street from the theatre.) The restaurant was wonderful. My wife had fish and I had veal. Both were delicious. The service couldn't have been better. The waiters and support staff were friendly, helpful, and readily available. The main dining room is very attractive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger in EHsteakloverVIPDined on 7/30/2014The dowstairs pub is always my favorite spot for the best burger in EH. And the fluke tar tar I could eat everyday. Bartender/server is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Food, ambience and location are excellent. A perfect restaurant for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing overallNYCdinerVIPDined on 7/28/2014We sat outside on patio with lovely fountain. A wobbly table was quickly corrected with some wedges by our astute server. Warm rolls from the oven began our journey of what we expected to be our best meal in The Hamptons but after very good fresh oysters came the main courses which let us both down. While the chicken dish was certainly adequate as to its taste, the $60 ribeye was a waste of $. Flavorless, and perhaps previously frozen, this hunk of meat was just that. To make things worse, the chef cooked at medium well although I ordered medium rare. The accompaniment of small roasted potatoes which seemed cooked with barbeque sauce were an awkward choice. They certainly were more flavorful. I'll stick to ordering steak in a steak house.Special Features:
- Best of the BestFumanchuDined on 7/25/2014I have been going to 1770 House for years and stayed there when Sid and Mimi owned it. I have had many wonderful experiences at 1770 But this evening was superb in every way. This was my first time dining on the patio and the ambiance was beyond anything I expected. The food was excellent, the wine list offered half bottles which is unusual and the Pouilly Fume we ordered was the best. I could go on and on but I won't except to say that 1770 House is by far the best restaurant the Hamptons have to offer - bar none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again on topWilld1VIPDined on 7/24/2014Patio garden setting option ideal, quiet, intimate, and romantic. Attentive, knowledgeable, and warm service. All food options very balanced and delicious. Special blue fin tuna tartare instead of menu fluke tartare was superb. Halibut with local corn Ragu and summer truffles a balanced successful paring, and halibut cooked to soft perfection. Extensive vintage wine selection. Overall a must and not to be missed!Special Features:
- Lovely EveningMermaidMagicDinesDined on 7/23/2014Always enjoy eating here... Service knowledgeable and friendly. Food yummy and seasonal Nice & Quiet and romantic in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally21timesaweekDined on 7/22/20141770 is a Hamptons icon, living around the corner makes it a nice place to walk eating on the terrace is special, which is where the finally comes in Overall we had a lovely eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalLovenlifeDined on 7/21/2014Great outdoor garden, wonderful service and exceptional foodSpecial Features:
- 1770 House - a winnerNUFamilyVIPDined on 7/20/2014We had a fabulous dinner at the 1770 House and enjoyed every part of the experience from excellent service, great wine and great food.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningHappy268Dined on 7/15/2014Our fish was expertly prepared and delicious, and accompanied by creative sides. Service was attentive and not obtrusive. I have never been disappointed at 1770. For a special treat, go with a tasting menu in consult with the chef. That was heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.