1760 Polk Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1760sf.com/about/
- Phone: 4153591212x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Tortosa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from 1760
What does modern, ingredient-driven mean? It’s a different approach to dining and drinking that arose from the way we like to eat. When we go out, we like to try many things, and often we will order an assortment of dishes for the table so we can all taste as much as possible. We get excited when we experience different approaches to food and different styles of drinks. The central theme to our quest; enjoy high quality ingredients that have been skillfully handled to allow the intrinsic quality, flavors, and textures to be expressed. Above all, it is our goal to offer all things delicious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
1760 reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (102)neighborhood gem (70)hot spot (59)notable wine list (48)vibrant bar scene (46)special occasion (44)romantic (25)good for groups (16)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014First time in a long time dinning out where every guest at the table loved every dish. We have been here a few times and its been as great every time. Service is just right. Also, the best 2 page wine list you will find anywhere for any occasion. Bravo 1760 and team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Loved everything about it and the food was stellar!Special Features:
- Good but certainly not greateaterincDined on 8/14/2014The food was innovative and creative but it did not really impress me in a way that I would want to go back again and again...seems like they're still trying to figure out their niche. Some dishes need more thought and refinement...When you're associated with Acquerello, the expectations are sky high, but 1760 has not met that standard and has more work to do...Special Features:
- Good food, slow servicelkeepDined on 8/11/2014The food itself was very good, but felt extremely overpriced. The roast chicken was one of the better I've had, but I don't know that it was worth the $42 price tag. The service, especially for drinks, was horribly slow, though all the wait staff was friendly. The waiter first encouraged us to order 2-3 dishes per person. We ordered 6 total for a table of 4 and had leftovers (which we never received).Special Features:
- 1760 recommendedDJat420Dined on 8/8/2014The food was great, delivered in a timely manner. The wait staff was appropriately attentive. We were there early for an enjoyable evening, and plan to return for other special occasions.Special Features:
- a lovely surprisegastrotravelerDined on 8/4/2014This is farm-to-table done well! All of the dishes were beautifully composed with layers of flavor. That alone is not difficult to find in the Bay area. The difference here is that the freshness of the ingredients is the vehicle that drives those flavors, not a thick sauce or contrived "pairing" with something heavy. We agreed to return until we have worked our way through the entire menu but to always include the dungeness crab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another solid experience at 1760winstonChurchillDined on 8/3/2014This is about my third time here and while they've never disappointed this menu was the best so far. We had the burrata, fingerling potatoes, and whole roasted chicken (which were all awesome). Also had a great couple of desserts in the chocolate ganache and and strawberry basil shortcake. Service was a bit spotty. drinks took about 15 minutes to come from the bar even though we had a 6pm reservation and the place wasn't that full at the time. When dinner came around almost all tables were filled and they forgot to bring the potatoes until the main dish (chicken) came and we had to ask but they corrected it quickly. It also took a bit longer than I would have liked for the check to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Me2014Dined on 8/2/2014Great food, great cocktail list. A bit noisy. I would say prices are high for what you get.Special Features:
- Food a little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014I love Acquerello was amazing. And although I was completely aware that this is it's own restaurant, I expected to enjoy my food more. The only thing that I would order again of 6 things would be the octopus. I really liked the energy and feel of the place me the service was good.Special Features:
- DeliciouspaisleyDined on 7/31/2014Went to 1760 for a small party birthday dinner. Every dish was to die for... Would highly recommend coming here on a date.Special Features:
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Phenomenally delicious food paired with truly amazing service. SO GOOD. The duck burger is THE BEST: comes topped with an unexpected, tasty cole slaw. Everything on the menu is a hit. All the cocktails are great. The staff is so helpful, patient, prompt, and friendly. Perfect for lovers of gourmet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Next Michelin Star in SF. Word.CWL421VIPDined on 7/30/2014I've dined here four times and loved everything I've had. The menu is dynamic in that not only are the overall dishes changing regularly, but they are fine tuning them from day to day depending on what ingredients they have available. Hauntingly good dishes are the Lobster Ceviche, the Uni/Caviar, and the Hamachi Crudo served by Chef Ben Stephens; and the Intermezzo, Strawberry & Cream Bavarian and the Milk Chocolate Ganache served by Chef Ricardo Menicucci. Gianpaolo Paterlini (of Acquerello fame) & Andrew Cox maintain an extremely underpriced and accessible wine list with lots of good finds. The half bottle Champagne selection is one of the best I've seen. They can speak the language of wine at anyone's level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trendy but goodgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/30/2014the food was good for sure but I'm not sure that it was great...of our 6 courses the kale lollipops and the corn raviolis were terrific and frankly the ribs were probably the best I've ever had, truly. BUT the $4 bread was ridiculous, the hamachi disappointing and sadly I cant recall the other thing we ate so we're just at 50/50 here...they brought the courses out too quickly and got a snotty when we mentioned it...no room left on the table should be an indication. Anyway, the drinks menu was super innovative and quirky and I like that so they get high marks for risk taking there...nice selction of beer and wine so the bar is surely worth a visit. ..I regret not trying the octopus, it looked amazing...would have tipped the scales.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates done right.JustinVIPDined on 7/19/2014Right on Polk street, and really busy. Although not inaccessible; we were able to grab a spot at the community table. 1760 serves small plates (tapas), which are usually a pain - expensive, not filling. But 1760 does it right. Their plates are robust, yet extremely well executed. My wife and I both loved it, which is rare for us. The The Shikate (spelling) Peppers and the Duck Burger were unbelievable! The bar was proper. Unbelievable specialty & old-fashioned cocktails.Special Features:
- Great food but expensive wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Food is great. Well presented all delicious. Portions are small and they did recommend 6 dishes for 3 of us. Service was great and we were not rushed to leave once we finished. Wine list was all very expensive. I recommend popping here for food and going to Amelie next door for wine before or after.Special Features:
- Eating experienceHappy2Dined on 7/14/2014Very welcoming and accommodating staff. Explained the dishes well, unusual choices of food, amazing wine list. A group of five who were quickly accommodated when our booking was made for four. Fun evening in an unusual setting, paking was easy, overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!sfo2bcnVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was fantastic! Our group tried almost everything on the menu. We absolutely loved the fingerling potatoes and the fried duck sandwich. It is tapas style and the some of portions are small (the hamachi dish was delicious but the portion was almost a joke for the price). The drinks were very tasty as well (but the itty bitty tiny glasses were kind of funny). Overall, I would recommend 1760 to anyone who wants an an adventure in taste in a fun hip atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors fell flatRB10Dined on 7/11/2014I live in the neighborhood and was excited to try 1760. I was hoping it would become one of my new go-to spots. However, I was disappointed with my meal and the service, although the wine (a bottle of syrah) was excellent. I ordered the baby artichokes and corn ravioli, and my friend ordered the duck sandwich. Both the baby artichokes and corn ravioli fell flat on flavor, while my friend said the slaw on the duck sandwich was so overpowering she could barely taste the duck. Our server made us feel rushed into ordering and then was no where to be found when we wanted the check I would come back to try some of their cocktails.Special Features:
- Good timesSterlingVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food is excellent, and so are Kyles drinks, but it's the staff and their service that make all the difference. Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service and foodkdawgDined on 7/8/2014Loved our experience here the other night. Great unique dishes and amazing service all at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceewoodDined on 7/6/2014This restaurant came highly recommended from a friend and it did not disappoint. The crispy octupus with butter beans was one of the most unique, delicious dishes I've every had. Some of the other dishes we had were good, but not astounding. The staff was impeccable; friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Modern, creative and eclectic!Foodie2Dined on 7/3/20141760 was delicious! We absolutely loved the corn ravioli, mac n cheese and the spoons of caviar. Everything else was delicious, too but these were our favorites. Service was good, wait staff and patrons were hip. Prepare to shell out some cash though...Special Features:
- 1760 - Delish!K8lsDined on 6/26/2014If you are looking for something to share, something a little different and a great cocktail to go with ... 1760 is a "must try". A restaurant with the name matching it's address certainly has a lot to offer. You can't go past the corn ravioli - perfect pockets of deliciousness paired with crisp potato croutons and the ribs were sofy, juicy and delicious. Whilst we didn't care for the peppers, we enjoyed the baby artichokes with manderin and hazelnuts and the fingerling potatoes were very moorish. In terms of Cocktails ... The signature 1760 cocktail was refreshing and the pear and ginger cocktail was a highlight. Service was attentive in a good way. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/17/2014Its unfortunate when the service is so bad that it supersedes the quality/taste of the food. Even though I enjoyed the food I would not go back because there are too many other great places in the Bay Area with better service. I would recommend the bar as my experience was much better seated there.
- Good ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014Great addition to Polk St. The menu is all sharable plates which gives you the chance to try various things. The highlight were the pork ribs and also the cocktails. Will return just to have that dish again. Will and have definitely recommended to to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/14/2014I love 1760 and will be back again. There were 4 of us in the group and we had 8 dishes. They were ALL amazing. Beef tartare, kale, uni pasta, crab pasta, fried duck burger (xs), porkbelly (amazingggg ingredients), milk chocolate ganache, etc. I love every dish and this very very rarely happens. I will definitely be back. I recommend going with 4 people just so you can try everything as the portions are small. The drinks were beautiful as I got the ginger and pear drink with vodka and not gin.Special Features:
- Loved 1760 AGAINDebraSDined on 6/12/2014It just keeps getting better .. This time we stayed at the bar for dinner ...great bartender, attentive service...Definitely the favorite go-to ....Octopus dish was amazing!!!Special Features:
- Food was great, good service tooFoodSharkDined on 5/30/2014Best of: Ravioli (excellent! order 2), Ribs, Lobster ceviche Their signature drink is a better mojito Things you can probably skip Himachi (more fruit on the dish than fish), Softshell crab sand (can't really taste the crab because of all the extra stuff on the sandwich)Special Features:
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/29/2014Celebrated my wife'birthday and the restaurant was just great. A great variety on the menu with very interesting ingredients. Everything prepared perfectly. Our waitress was so helpful and attentive and engaging. The wine list is large but not overwhelming. It is grouped into helpful and fun sections. The experiece was seamless, the ambiance simple, with modern elegance. Overall just high quality every where without pretention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks and RibsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014Loved the cocktails! The signature 1760 is crisp and refreshing! The best thing we had at dinner were the ribs. There were 5-6 of them and lots of flavor. The meal was a little pricy but worth it for some very new and delicious tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedDined on 5/28/2014The lobster cerviche was simple delicious. I thought the small plate portions rather small even though they're meant for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerDinnerwithBizDined on 5/28/2014We went to 1760 for my wife's birthday with another couple and had a great time. We ordered 8 of the dishes and shared all of them. Food was very good. Sarah was our server and she was very knowledgeable and super fun, a really great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies delight!SFineDinerVIPDined on 5/27/2014Creative, beautiful and tasty small plates (mostly) served by an attentive but not intrusive staff make this a neighborhood favorite that's also worth a journey to Polk Gulch. Luscious layers of flavor are the theme, with the scallop, uni, "caviar" a particular favorite. The menu changes regularly to reflect seasonal delights, which keeps us coming back.Special Features:
- Service plus food= excellentpostsfromirisDined on 5/25/2014From the moment we walked in we were welcomed warmly. Our server was quick to offer assistance and answered our questions with knowledge and confidence. We ordered some of what she suggested and what we were curious to try. The food was outstanding, the flavors, texture and presentation complimented each other very well. Also, what was really appreciated was that our server did not bring everything out all at once. She paired the lighter items first then the heavier, which really made a difference in our experience because we could really savor our food instead of being overwhelmed with what would be in front of us. My water glass was never empty. We were attended to very well by the entire staff.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceMrMillicanDined on 5/24/2014I really enjoyed my visit to 1760 (I typically don't review restaurants) but I really had a great time at 1760. Fun, yet delicious food- great cocktails (some were a quite unexpected and less traditional- but still exquisite). I recommend the lobster ceviche as a must order, the grilled octopus and pork ribs were to die for as well. However, I can't brag much about the crab sandwich (the only average item I encountered). Service was just on point, refreshing, professional, as if all the wait staff were working as an efficient team to ensure you are taken care of. A+++++ :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun vibeMelodiousSFVIPDined on 5/21/2014Had a great evening all around from the wine recommendations, food, service and neighboring diners. Definitely recommend it. It is a small plates place, so it can get pricey, but everything was excellent.Special Features:
- good but noisyRobertVIPDined on 5/13/2014The food and service were excellent but even though we were one of only two couples in the place the noise of the loud music was overwhelming. Perhaps appealing to young people but too much for us.Special Features:
- What a disappointmentDinnerandaPrayerDined on 5/9/2014Understanding this to be the sister restaurant to Acquerello our expectations were set high. What a tremendous disappointment our experience turned out to be. From the overly cocky and condescending service staff to the poorly executed preparation of the food. I still can't get over cilantro flowers being used as a garnish. The cheese on the pasta with sea urchin literally tasted like processed cheese squeezed from a bag. If Acquerello wants to support their son in his endeavors they should spend a little more time cultivating his talents and humbling his staff.
- hnycDined on 5/8/2014Absolutely delicious! Second time here and just as amazing as the first. Service was fabulous, wait staff was very attentive. Everything we ordered was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!msk6261VIPDined on 5/1/2014Excellent service, fun atmosphere, interesting menu, beautiful presentation and delicious dishes. A great night!Special Features: