1760 Polk Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1760sf.com/about/
- Phone: 4153591212x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Tortosa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from 1760
What does modern, ingredient-driven mean? It’s a different approach to dining and drinking that arose from the way we like to eat. When we go out, we like to try many things, and often we will order an assortment of dishes for the table so we can all taste as much as possible. We get excited when we experience different approaches to food and different styles of drinks. The central theme to our quest; enjoy high quality ingredients that have been skillfully handled to allow the intrinsic quality, flavors, and textures to be expressed. Above all, it is our goal to offer all things delicious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1760 reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (108)neighborhood gem (70)hot spot (67)vibrant bar scene (55)special occasion (49)notable wine list (48)romantic (24)good for groups (23)late-night find (11)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014I took my husband there for his birthday and we were very impressed with the food presentation. We order 5 different dishes, they were all unique and delicious. We will definitely be going back to 1760 to try more dishes and cocktails.Special Features:
- Great EatsMissingChicagoVIPDined on 10/22/2014Wonderfully presented dishes, and very good. From simple to complex preparations- great for sharing, and tasting many things on the menu as so many good things to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intro to creative tasteHungry2eatVIPDined on 10/19/2014Get ready to open your mouth to a creative tastie food experience. The combinations will make you want to come back. It's so nice to not get stuck eating just one dish, but getting to taste all that a restraunt has to offer. The lobster cievchie is a highlight, and the ginger pear cocktail will give you a nice introduction to what the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1760 is more than a numberSierraJPDined on 10/18/2014First off, I love restaurants that have a name which is a street address. Just makes it easier to find, especially if it matches the actual address. On entry, 1760 is modern, cool, yet comfortable. An open, brightly lit kitchen is a nice contrast to the darker dining and bar areas. 1760 definitely skews younger, but not uncomfortably so. (Yes, I'm "older".) Staff are warm, friendly and knowledgeable about cuisine. Immediately, you are told that plates are meant to be shared. If that gives you control issues, then go elsewhere. For foodies who love to taste everything; understanding that eating is a social engagement, it's heaven. The kitchen delivers flavors that are well balanced, vibrant and fresh with nice edges. Desserts, well ... wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1760OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014The cocktails, food, and service were all very good. My only complaint is the pricing. Our server explained to us that the food was arranged on the menu by portion size (small to large). However, there was not a huge difference in serving size between the Lobster Ceviche & BBQ Pork Belly. They recommend ordering 4-5 plates for 2 people which ended up being ridiculously expensive. The desserts were interesting in appearance, but underwhelming in taste. The cocktails were amazing and the service very good. The hostess was a little strange. She wasn't particularly friendly or welcoming. Not sure if I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & Food (little)happycamperDined on 10/11/2014Food was EXQUISITE, tasty, creative and work of art. I LOVED the combinations of flavors and textures. Service was EXCELLENT, awesome, attentive, informative and COOL! However, portions were just too SMALL for me (170 pounds, organic health conscious eater). I understand that it is Tapas, so I should know better. I have to admit I am a bit on the frugal side so expected to be filled up after ordering 2 plates per person (plus several drinks and 3 appetizers to split) in a Group of 4. Regardless, still salivating when I think of the Hamachi or Corn or Octopus plates, paired with tequila special drink. I recommend, but probably just to my foodie and/or rich friends ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service, noisyEatsoutalotDined on 10/4/2014Very knowledgeable waiter, interesting drinks. Unique and delicious food items. It would be helpful to indicate how big the servings are, so ordering would be easier. Turn the music down so folks can talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014We had a great experience and are very excited to have such an amazing spot in our neighborhood. Every dish we had was thoughtfully composed and executed well. Service was superb, friendly, and knowledgeable. Our server was great (unfortunately I forgot his name). He helped us work through the menu and offered great suggestions on both food and beverage. One of the charming food runners, Julio, also helped to make our experience very special. Decor and ambiance are energetic and fun, yet the space is still tranquil enough to be conversation friendly. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Delicious & expensiveJFNYCDined on 10/1/2014The food was really delicious - many small impactful plates, but each was so expensive. Will go back more sparingly... 4 appetizers totals about $100 checkSpecial Features:
- Phenomenal dinning delightZeusDined on 9/29/2014From speciality cocktails to unique dinning creations, the experience was impressive. Our waiter was an engaging tour guide, knowledgeable in both drinks, main dishes through desserts. Each course was an unexpected creation full of flavor, texture, and culinary art. This establishment earns all of its stars. Even the bathrooms are thoughtfully considered as part of the entire experience. We've flagged it as a new favorite. Excited to explore the menu as it evolves seasonally.Special Features:
- Food amazing / service not so muchAbbeVIPDined on 9/26/2014If you don't care about a waiter being attentive or the welcome being a bit cold and arrogant, you'll love the food here. Excellent dishes, prepared perfectly. Nice wine list as well. The food made up for the lack of service and friendliness.Special Features:
- Delicious!TamaraDined on 9/25/2014We were pleasantly surprised with our experience at 1760. The small plates were perfectly coursed by our server, and every single one was delicious- which is hard to achieve when you order as much food as we did! I also appreciated the creativity that went into each dish, including the desserts. The cocktails were inventive and well balanced, and the wine list offered some really nice low priced options. All in all an excellent experience!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceSunhomeVDined on 9/23/2014Been here twice, definitely going back. Great drinks, food and service. You have to order their duck burger, it is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bold Flavors & Variety!russianhillfoodieDined on 9/21/2014I was with a group of 5 who were down to try anything... we shared about 7 dishes. I have been to the restaurant before but didn't get to try quite as many dishes as I did this time. Top of my list: the whole roasted chicken! Unbelievable moist and tender with a ton of flavor. Also notable were the octopus and pork belly. Cannot say enough! Absolutely delicious all around and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unusual small platesHIlaryDined on 9/21/2014Very interesting food, but with some exceptions, the small plates were REALLY small. The ribs were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNJSFguyVIPDined on 9/16/2014Came here after reading a review. Can't wait to come back! Excellent food, great service and the interior is cool. Best new restaurant this side of Market St.Special Features:
- Not sure I'd go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The ambiance wasn't as cozy as I expected and the wasn't the best for the price. There were a lot of heavy sauces that seemed to be covering up what could have been good flavor. The Hamachi Crudo was amazingly small and drenched in sauce, the pasta was more like gnocchi and tasted like it was from a can.Special Features:
- Always InvitnglovefoodDined on 9/5/2014Been there a couple times now since it opened and never a disappointment. The food is always great and done well, served perfectly and a center piece of conversation. It is one of the places I recommend to people who are visiting the city. The service is fabulous and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/4/2014Food was excellent - very disturbing and rude occurrence upon arrival - Reservations were for 5 - Arrived at 5 - hostess saw us - waited until 5:07 - unlocked the door and went back to her hostess desk. We were stunned at how rude this was - we opened the door and entered - she made no acknowledgement - told her of our reservation - she handed two menus to a server and that was how we were greeted. I have eaten at the restaurant before and came based on that experience. Would think twice before going back based on this experience - not a way to start an evening or birthday celebration.Special Features:
- outstandingletthemeatcakeDined on 9/2/2014food was amazing. service was excellent and friendly. great place to take anyone especially out of towners. something on the menu for everyone too. each dish was unbelievable in its own right. a place to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014First time in a long time dinning out where every guest at the table loved every dish. We have been here a few times and its been as great every time. Service is just right. Also, the best 2 page wine list you will find anywhere for any occasion. Bravo 1760 and team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Loved everything about it and the food was stellar!Special Features:
- Good but certainly not greateaterincDined on 8/14/2014The food was innovative and creative but it did not really impress me in a way that I would want to go back again and again...seems like they're still trying to figure out their niche. Some dishes need more thought and refinement...When you're associated with Acquerello, the expectations are sky high, but 1760 has not met that standard and has more work to do...Special Features:
- Good food, slow servicelkeepDined on 8/11/2014The food itself was very good, but felt extremely overpriced. The roast chicken was one of the better I've had, but I don't know that it was worth the $42 price tag. The service, especially for drinks, was horribly slow, though all the wait staff was friendly. The waiter first encouraged us to order 2-3 dishes per person. We ordered 6 total for a table of 4 and had leftovers (which we never received).Special Features:
- 1760 recommendedDJat420Dined on 8/8/2014The food was great, delivered in a timely manner. The wait staff was appropriately attentive. We were there early for an enjoyable evening, and plan to return for other special occasions.Special Features:
- a lovely surprisegastrotravelerDined on 8/4/2014This is farm-to-table done well! All of the dishes were beautifully composed with layers of flavor. That alone is not difficult to find in the Bay area. The difference here is that the freshness of the ingredients is the vehicle that drives those flavors, not a thick sauce or contrived "pairing" with something heavy. We agreed to return until we have worked our way through the entire menu but to always include the dungeness crab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another solid experience at 1760winstonChurchillDined on 8/3/2014This is about my third time here and while they've never disappointed this menu was the best so far. We had the burrata, fingerling potatoes, and whole roasted chicken (which were all awesome). Also had a great couple of desserts in the chocolate ganache and and strawberry basil shortcake. Service was a bit spotty. drinks took about 15 minutes to come from the bar even though we had a 6pm reservation and the place wasn't that full at the time. When dinner came around almost all tables were filled and they forgot to bring the potatoes until the main dish (chicken) came and we had to ask but they corrected it quickly. It also took a bit longer than I would have liked for the check to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Me2014Dined on 8/2/2014Great food, great cocktail list. A bit noisy. I would say prices are high for what you get.Special Features:
- Food a little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2014I love Acquerello was amazing. And although I was completely aware that this is it's own restaurant, I expected to enjoy my food more. The only thing that I would order again of 6 things would be the octopus. I really liked the energy and feel of the place me the service was good.Special Features:
- DeliciouspaisleyDined on 7/31/2014Went to 1760 for a small party birthday dinner. Every dish was to die for... Would highly recommend coming here on a date.Special Features:
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Phenomenally delicious food paired with truly amazing service. SO GOOD. The duck burger is THE BEST: comes topped with an unexpected, tasty cole slaw. Everything on the menu is a hit. All the cocktails are great. The staff is so helpful, patient, prompt, and friendly. Perfect for lovers of gourmet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Next Michelin Star in SF. Word.CWL421VIPDined on 7/30/2014I've dined here four times and loved everything I've had. The menu is dynamic in that not only are the overall dishes changing regularly, but they are fine tuning them from day to day depending on what ingredients they have available. Hauntingly good dishes are the Lobster Ceviche, the Uni/Caviar, and the Hamachi Crudo served by Chef Ben Stephens; and the Intermezzo, Strawberry & Cream Bavarian and the Milk Chocolate Ganache served by Chef Ricardo Menicucci. Gianpaolo Paterlini (of Acquerello fame) & Andrew Cox maintain an extremely underpriced and accessible wine list with lots of good finds. The half bottle Champagne selection is one of the best I've seen. They can speak the language of wine at anyone's level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trendy but goodgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/30/2014the food was good for sure but I'm not sure that it was great...of our 6 courses the kale lollipops and the corn raviolis were terrific and frankly the ribs were probably the best I've ever had, truly. BUT the $4 bread was ridiculous, the hamachi disappointing and sadly I cant recall the other thing we ate so we're just at 50/50 here...they brought the courses out too quickly and got a snotty when we mentioned it...no room left on the table should be an indication. Anyway, the drinks menu was super innovative and quirky and I like that so they get high marks for risk taking there...nice selction of beer and wine so the bar is surely worth a visit. ..I regret not trying the octopus, it looked amazing...would have tipped the scales.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small plates done right.JustinVIPDined on 7/19/2014Right on Polk street, and really busy. Although not inaccessible; we were able to grab a spot at the community table. 1760 serves small plates (tapas), which are usually a pain - expensive, not filling. But 1760 does it right. Their plates are robust, yet extremely well executed. My wife and I both loved it, which is rare for us. The The Shikate (spelling) Peppers and the Duck Burger were unbelievable! The bar was proper. Unbelievable specialty & old-fashioned cocktails.Special Features:
- Great food but expensive wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Food is great. Well presented all delicious. Portions are small and they did recommend 6 dishes for 3 of us. Service was great and we were not rushed to leave once we finished. Wine list was all very expensive. I recommend popping here for food and going to Amelie next door for wine before or after.Special Features:
- Eating experienceHappy2Dined on 7/14/2014Very welcoming and accommodating staff. Explained the dishes well, unusual choices of food, amazing wine list. A group of five who were quickly accommodated when our booking was made for four. Fun evening in an unusual setting, paking was easy, overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!sfo2bcnVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was fantastic! Our group tried almost everything on the menu. We absolutely loved the fingerling potatoes and the fried duck sandwich. It is tapas style and the some of portions are small (the hamachi dish was delicious but the portion was almost a joke for the price). The drinks were very tasty as well (but the itty bitty tiny glasses were kind of funny). Overall, I would recommend 1760 to anyone who wants an an adventure in taste in a fun hip atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavors fell flatRB10Dined on 7/11/2014I live in the neighborhood and was excited to try 1760. I was hoping it would become one of my new go-to spots. However, I was disappointed with my meal and the service, although the wine (a bottle of syrah) was excellent. I ordered the baby artichokes and corn ravioli, and my friend ordered the duck sandwich. Both the baby artichokes and corn ravioli fell flat on flavor, while my friend said the slaw on the duck sandwich was so overpowering she could barely taste the duck. Our server made us feel rushed into ordering and then was no where to be found when we wanted the check I would come back to try some of their cocktails.Special Features:
- Good timesSterlingVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food is excellent, and so are Kyles drinks, but it's the staff and their service that make all the difference. Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service and foodkdawgDined on 7/8/2014Loved our experience here the other night. Great unique dishes and amazing service all at a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.