1760 Polk Street
San Francisco, CA 94109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1760sf.com/about/
- Phone: (415) 359-1212
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Tortosa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from 1760
What does modern, ingredient-driven mean? It’s a different approach to dining and drinking that arose from the way we like to eat. When we go out, we like to try many things, and often we will order an assortment of dishes for the table so we can all taste as much as possible. We get excited when we experience different approaches to food and different styles of drinks. The central theme to our quest; enjoy high quality ingredients that have been skillfully handled to allow the intrinsic quality, flavors, and textures to be expressed. Above all, it is our goal to offer all things delicious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1760 reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (115)neighborhood gem (71)hot spot (70)vibrant bar scene (53)notable wine list (52)special occasion (49)romantic (29)good for groups (27)late-night find (10)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- ChazDined on 11/16/2014After months of hype from friends and reviews...1760 lives up to its publicity. Supurb. 1. Ambience is low key and not to high noise, quintessential Polk Street fun. 2. The first end-to-end meal that forced my companion and I to reread the menu, ask our server, and use other means to try and determine what flavor combos were going on. They didn't even phone it in on dessert - which was just as complex as the small plat offerings. Foodie heaven. 3. Service is solid. No complaints, but nothing top tier comes to mind, either. But with this level of food, service is almost anathema to the savory experience. 3. Yum standouts: BBQ Pork Belly, Corn Ravioli in a baked potato broth, Crispy Octopus with ground chorizo. Another gem of a discovery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well-executed innovative food, friendly serviceHappyFoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014The corn ravioli was exceptionally good. The milk chocolate ganache (dessert) was much more interesting and delicious than it sounds in its description on the menu. Our waitress described it as "our take on s'mores"" -- and an excellent variation it is. We also had the roast chicken and the lollipop kale, which were both good as well. But the ravioli and the ganache were what stood out. The service was friendly and attentive. The scene was modern and vibrant without being painfully hip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive and fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/14/2014I have eaten at this restaurant numerous times and the food is always fabulous. Octopus, ribs and duck dishes are among my favorite. Only issue is the noise. Hard to have any discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/13/2014Food was outstanding and we choose just the right variety and amount. Great! JRSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014I booked this place on a whim for me and my boyfriend. I read great reviews and I got exactly what I wanted for dinner. Great service by ALL the staff, great food, and great ambiance. I can actually hear the person across from me. The envirnment was chic, but not overwhelming. The energy by the customers made it vibrant enough to have a wonderful time. I'll be back for more.Special Features:
- Amazing foodSJSFVIPDined on 11/8/2014I have not had a meal this good in a really long time. Super fresh ingredients prepared in innovative ways.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014Best dishes on the menu: lobster ceviche, hamachi crudo, kale lollipop, corn ravioli, pork belly, octopusSpecial Features:
- I LOVE 1760!!!SallyKDined on 11/4/2014It's really helping transform Polk St. into a more dining friendly place. Every dish is like an adventure! I often come here just to grab a drink as well. And I can't forget the amazing team!!! Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014Hands down some of the best food I've ever enjoyed. Portions are small but exquisite, from the Hamachi Crudo, octopus, mackerel, everything was really amazing. Just don't come hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Dining ExperienceRosyDollDined on 11/2/2014The food was great and the menu items were fun. The waiter couldn't answer our questions about the wine so he had the "sommelier" come out to help. He had taken 2 of the tests and didn't know if he would take any more. The service was spot on. Also enjoyed the after dinner drink at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall okayarobDined on 11/1/2014There were a food dishes that rose above the rest (Octopus paella and corn ravioli). Otherwise the other dishes weren't that noteworthy and certainly not worth the price. However, the wine and cocktail list were superb and the service was flawless. It was a nice dinner, but with so many options in the city 1760 doesn't provide enough reasons for a return visit.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/31/20141760 is a real gem. The space is welcoming with excellent seating. You never get the sense of being 'cramed in'. But the best reason to go there is absolutely the FOOD. The menu takes you to many countries, with tastes that both surprise and amazed. No two items taste alike in that they are each prepare to let you know you chose to experiment with different tastes. From the wonderful variety of the starters, than main courses and to fabulous deserts. The service staff are perfect, their knowledge of the food and their timing with their visits back to your table. 1760 is a real GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingennmdDined on 10/29/2014Although the culinary experience is unique, it should be advertised as such. This turned out to be more of a very expensive food tasting rather than a filling meal.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014I took my husband there for his birthday and we were very impressed with the food presentation. We order 5 different dishes, they were all unique and delicious. We will definitely be going back to 1760 to try more dishes and cocktails.Special Features:
- Great EatsMissingChicagoVIPDined on 10/22/2014Wonderfully presented dishes, and very good. From simple to complex preparations- great for sharing, and tasting many things on the menu as so many good things to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intro to creative tasteHungry2eatVIPDined on 10/19/2014Get ready to open your mouth to a creative tastie food experience. The combinations will make you want to come back. It's so nice to not get stuck eating just one dish, but getting to taste all that a restraunt has to offer. The lobster cievchie is a highlight, and the ginger pear cocktail will give you a nice introduction to what the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1760 is more than a numberSierraJPDined on 10/18/2014First off, I love restaurants that have a name which is a street address. Just makes it easier to find, especially if it matches the actual address. On entry, 1760 is modern, cool, yet comfortable. An open, brightly lit kitchen is a nice contrast to the darker dining and bar areas. 1760 definitely skews younger, but not uncomfortably so. (Yes, I'm "older".) Staff are warm, friendly and knowledgeable about cuisine. Immediately, you are told that plates are meant to be shared. If that gives you control issues, then go elsewhere. For foodies who love to taste everything; understanding that eating is a social engagement, it's heaven. The kitchen delivers flavors that are well balanced, vibrant and fresh with nice edges. Desserts, well ... wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1760OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014The cocktails, food, and service were all very good. My only complaint is the pricing. Our server explained to us that the food was arranged on the menu by portion size (small to large). However, there was not a huge difference in serving size between the Lobster Ceviche & BBQ Pork Belly. They recommend ordering 4-5 plates for 2 people which ended up being ridiculously expensive. The desserts were interesting in appearance, but underwhelming in taste. The cocktails were amazing and the service very good. The hostess was a little strange. She wasn't particularly friendly or welcoming. Not sure if I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & Food (little)happycamperDined on 10/11/2014Food was EXQUISITE, tasty, creative and work of art. I LOVED the combinations of flavors and textures. Service was EXCELLENT, awesome, attentive, informative and COOL! However, portions were just too SMALL for me (170 pounds, organic health conscious eater). I understand that it is Tapas, so I should know better. I have to admit I am a bit on the frugal side so expected to be filled up after ordering 2 plates per person (plus several drinks and 3 appetizers to split) in a Group of 4. Regardless, still salivating when I think of the Hamachi or Corn or Octopus plates, paired with tequila special drink. I recommend, but probably just to my foodie and/or rich friends ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service, noisyEatsoutalotDined on 10/4/2014Very knowledgeable waiter, interesting drinks. Unique and delicious food items. It would be helpful to indicate how big the servings are, so ordering would be easier. Turn the music down so folks can talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014We had a great experience and are very excited to have such an amazing spot in our neighborhood. Every dish we had was thoughtfully composed and executed well. Service was superb, friendly, and knowledgeable. Our server was great (unfortunately I forgot his name). He helped us work through the menu and offered great suggestions on both food and beverage. One of the charming food runners, Julio, also helped to make our experience very special. Decor and ambiance are energetic and fun, yet the space is still tranquil enough to be conversation friendly. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Delicious & expensiveJFNYCDined on 10/1/2014The food was really delicious - many small impactful plates, but each was so expensive. Will go back more sparingly... 4 appetizers totals about $100 checkSpecial Features:
- Phenomenal dinning delightZeusDined on 9/29/2014From speciality cocktails to unique dinning creations, the experience was impressive. Our waiter was an engaging tour guide, knowledgeable in both drinks, main dishes through desserts. Each course was an unexpected creation full of flavor, texture, and culinary art. This establishment earns all of its stars. Even the bathrooms are thoughtfully considered as part of the entire experience. We've flagged it as a new favorite. Excited to explore the menu as it evolves seasonally.Special Features:
- Food amazing / service not so muchAbbeVIPDined on 9/26/2014If you don't care about a waiter being attentive or the welcome being a bit cold and arrogant, you'll love the food here. Excellent dishes, prepared perfectly. Nice wine list as well. The food made up for the lack of service and friendliness.Special Features:
- Delicious!TamaraDined on 9/25/2014We were pleasantly surprised with our experience at 1760. The small plates were perfectly coursed by our server, and every single one was delicious- which is hard to achieve when you order as much food as we did! I also appreciated the creativity that went into each dish, including the desserts. The cocktails were inventive and well balanced, and the wine list offered some really nice low priced options. All in all an excellent experience!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and serviceSunhomeVDined on 9/23/2014Been here twice, definitely going back. Great drinks, food and service. You have to order their duck burger, it is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations!ktjimmyDined on 9/21/2014My friends and I had dinner here while visiting San Francisco for a wedding. I left a note on our reservation that we were celebrating a wedding, a birthday, and that one of the grooms/birthday boy had an egg allergy. Our server was absolutely amazing in all ways, but gave special attention to all of the notes I provided - advising for our against certain menu items due to the allergy, congratulating the couple, and sending over a special dessert. The food was all amazing, but we especially loved the ribs and the ravioli. I will go back every time I return to San Francisco. Thank you for an amazing evening!Special Features:
- Bold Flavors & Variety!russianhillfoodieDined on 9/21/2014I was with a group of 5 who were down to try anything... we shared about 7 dishes. I have been to the restaurant before but didn't get to try quite as many dishes as I did this time. Top of my list: the whole roasted chicken! Unbelievable moist and tender with a ton of flavor. Also notable were the octopus and pork belly. Cannot say enough! Absolutely delicious all around and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unusual small platesHIlaryDined on 9/21/2014Very interesting food, but with some exceptions, the small plates were REALLY small. The ribs were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNJSFguyVIPDined on 9/16/2014Came here after reading a review. Can't wait to come back! Excellent food, great service and the interior is cool. Best new restaurant this side of Market St.Special Features:
- Not sure I'd go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The ambiance wasn't as cozy as I expected and the wasn't the best for the price. There were a lot of heavy sauces that seemed to be covering up what could have been good flavor. The Hamachi Crudo was amazingly small and drenched in sauce, the pasta was more like gnocchi and tasted like it was from a can.Special Features:
- Always InvitnglovefoodDined on 9/5/2014Been there a couple times now since it opened and never a disappointment. The food is always great and done well, served perfectly and a center piece of conversation. It is one of the places I recommend to people who are visiting the city. The service is fabulous and attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/4/2014Food was excellent - very disturbing and rude occurrence upon arrival - Reservations were for 5 - Arrived at 5 - hostess saw us - waited until 5:07 - unlocked the door and went back to her hostess desk. We were stunned at how rude this was - we opened the door and entered - she made no acknowledgement - told her of our reservation - she handed two menus to a server and that was how we were greeted. I have eaten at the restaurant before and came based on that experience. Would think twice before going back based on this experience - not a way to start an evening or birthday celebration.Special Features:
- outstandingletthemeatcakeDined on 9/2/2014food was amazing. service was excellent and friendly. great place to take anyone especially out of towners. something on the menu for everyone too. each dish was unbelievable in its own right. a place to splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2014First time in a long time dinning out where every guest at the table loved every dish. We have been here a few times and its been as great every time. Service is just right. Also, the best 2 page wine list you will find anywhere for any occasion. Bravo 1760 and team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Loved everything about it and the food was stellar!Special Features:
- Good but certainly not greateaterincDined on 8/14/2014The food was innovative and creative but it did not really impress me in a way that I would want to go back again and again...seems like they're still trying to figure out their niche. Some dishes need more thought and refinement...When you're associated with Acquerello, the expectations are sky high, but 1760 has not met that standard and has more work to do...Special Features:
- Good food, slow servicelkeepDined on 8/11/2014The food itself was very good, but felt extremely overpriced. The roast chicken was one of the better I've had, but I don't know that it was worth the $42 price tag. The service, especially for drinks, was horribly slow, though all the wait staff was friendly. The waiter first encouraged us to order 2-3 dishes per person. We ordered 6 total for a table of 4 and had leftovers (which we never received).Special Features:
- 1760 recommendedDJat420Dined on 8/8/2014The food was great, delivered in a timely manner. The wait staff was appropriately attentive. We were there early for an enjoyable evening, and plan to return for other special occasions.Special Features:
- Great food, nice billmccalmoVIPDined on 8/5/20141760 has outstanding food in a small plates format (the full roasted chicken being an exception to that). We really loved our sequence of 5 dishes -- all were delightful -- and we had a couple of lovely glasses of wine as well. The place can get a bit loud. There was a brief moment when it was really loud, but for most of the evening it was simply lively. And not expensive. Great eats, good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.