1637 at York Harbor Inn
480 York Street
York Harbor, ME 03911Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
1637 at York Harbor Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yorkharborinn.com/
- Phone: (800) 343-3869
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Gerald Bonsey, CEC, AAC
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms, some with ocean views available. Accommodating parties of up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Casey Syvertsen 207363-5119x142
- Entertainment: Piano bar, calypso guitar/vocals and Jazz duo featuring Light Contemporary, Jazz, and Classics Wednesdays thru Saturdays.
A word from 1637 at York Harbor Inn
The York Harbor Inn’s recently renovated restaurant- “1637”, offers wonderful ocean view dining in a landmark historic inn. Upon entering the dining room, you are welcomed to the past, present and future in both atmosphere and culinary art. Our menu, featured in Food & Wine Magazine, emphasizes native seafood, creatively prepared and artfully presented, as well as casual, contemporary cuisine. Menu highlights include our gourmet Flatbreads made with our own smoked sausage or fresh lobster meat, Lobster Tempura, a Ploughman’s Platter featuring house cured meats and homemade sausage, a Raw Bar menu featuring fresh oysters, shrimp, and clams, Corn and Lobster Chowder and our locally famous Seafood Chowder, as well as the best in steaks and pasta dishes. Our ocean-view piano bar has entertainment many nights of the week and Sunday Brunch is served year round.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
1637 at York Harbor Inn - Best Restaurants in York Beach ›
1637 at York Harbor Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (28)special occasion (25)romantic (22)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (8)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)Show More
- Anniversary TreatTheHaddockManDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed our 27th wedding anniversary at this very "homey" and comfortable venue! Food is fantastic along with a great staff that makes you feel very good. Highly Recommend!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary GetawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014My husband and I stayed at the York Harbor Inn for our one year wedding anniversary. We decided to have dinner at 1637 since it was at the Inn and I was told by a friend it was very good. That friend was right! I had a wonderful meal. No complaints!Special Features:
- needs second chancebackTommyDDined on 10/18/2014I have been there before and the experience was rewarding. This time everything, food wise, was terrible. It could have been due to a function going on. But, that's no excuse. Complained to management and they rectified the problem to my satisfaction. I will be back, but no time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placenhdacDined on 10/18/2014Have been to Yory Harbor Inn a few times - always great food and atmosphere. Service a bit slow.Special Features:
- Nice mealJillybean54Dined on 10/17/2014Had a nice meal . At times service could of been a little better. Overall enjoyed our meal and the quaintness of the Inn. Romantic and for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Large portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014This was our first time and we were very impressed! The food was incredible, and the portions were large. The service was very slow, however our server had another large party and she did acknowledge and apologize for her lack of attention to us. Would not prevent me from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cu4dinnerDined on 10/16/2014Our waitress Debbie was outstanding! A perfect spot before the show at Ogunquit Play House!Special Features:
- WonderfulTerriDined on 10/12/2014It was not too busy when we came in as it was the end of the night. But the waiter took the time to bring my friends mother a Shirley Temple to try (and she didn't request it) which was nice. They were from Illinois, and were impressed with the New England hospitality!Special Features:
- ExcellentEmdrdhDined on 10/11/2014Food, service and ambiance all excellent. Worth the ride from anywhere in the southeast coast of MaineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiesFoodiesVIPDined on 10/9/2014Again, we have visited York Harbor Inn a few times this year and never were disappointed. The food is very good and Kristin, the waitress, is wonderful. We love the early bird dinners but it is too bad, that it never changes. It would be great to see a change of one or two menus every year, like a pasta dish or gnoggi. By now we know every one on there even though I tried sometimes the specials, which were great too. We will come back next year and hope there are some changes in the early bird menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceMangaBraintreeDined on 9/25/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. The food and service was wonderful. Early special was reasonable with a very good selection of entrees. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- FoodiesFoodiesVIPDined on 9/11/2014Again, we had a wonderful meal at York Harbor Inn. The shrimp alfredo was great and my husband has had the haddock on the early bird dinner menu again, which was very good too. The best is the attentive and friendly Kristin who took care of us. We will visit York Harbor Inn again.Special Features:
- Local seafood - near perfect prepcyberdermDined on 8/30/2014The haddock and scallops and blueberry Pie were perfect. The calamari crust was a bit doughy and the accompanying sauce not up to the rest of the meal. Our friends from Brazil thought their hanger steak and feijoada was as good as anything back home. Wine selection was very good and reasonably priced at about 3x retail (Cor.kz as reference). Overall a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in New EnglandBestRestNEDined on 8/24/2014Yes, Beef, Seafood, vegetables, appetizers and desserts. The York Harbor Inn 1637 restaurant covers them ALL. I have been going here for about 6 years now on special occasions always amazed. Beef melts in your mouth Seafood is spectacular. I have lived in New England for over 50 years and there is no comparison. Not in Boston MA, Portsmouth NH, Hartford Conn, Newport RI or mart has vineyard; nada, no other restaurant compares service food ambiance…... Thanks you York Harbor Inn for such great memories and tastes!!!!Special Features:
- Delightful dining experienceSeaglassDined on 8/21/2014Five adults and a well-behaved 10-month old dined here and loved the whole experience. The food was excellent, the service thoughtful, and the ambience relaxing. A musician played close by but the sound level was very good - loud enough to hear but not intrude on our conversation. There was a party in another room, but that was far from the dining room. Having walked in from a day on the beach we were in casual attire and felt under dressed. We will continue to recommend York Harbor Inn to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the view and the atmosphere!guypDined on 8/14/2014The view from this restaurant,and the general atmosphere make it outstanding.The seafood is excellent(we had the scallops) and the service was above average.We definitely will go back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Good food & service. Worth a visit but consensus was to avoid the calamari
- FoodiesFoodiesVIPDined on 8/7/2014Again, we had a great dinner and the service was outstanding. Kristen is very friendly and efficient. We will ask to be served by her again next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceAugiDined on 8/6/2014We will return! Definitely worth the trip from Hopkinton, NH!Special Features:
- Best restaurant in YorkFoodLoverDined on 8/2/2014Great food, great service! Had the Yorkshire lobster & mussels! Service was great! Seated by te window with an ocean view! At the end with the bill we got a small piece of homemade chocolate toffee that was out of this world! Love it there! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!MainelobsterloverDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I had a light dinner of Lobster salad and lobster roll, both were stuffed with a large portion of sweet,tender meat. The menu was very varied with choices for every taste..There is an early bird menu which is a 3 course dinner that is very reasonable.The server we had was very pleasant and the atmosphere of the dining room was also very nice. We will certainly go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 295 reviews are from the 1637 at York Harbor Inn reviews archive.
- LobsterRedskevDined on 7/26/2014Came to get a nice lobster dinner and it was exactly what we were looking forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view at York HarborNomadDined on 7/24/2014Food was solid but view worth the price of admission. Great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiesFoodiesVIPDined on 7/23/2014They served a lot of scallops and they were great. My husband had the early bird dinner, chicken picata and that was great too. The server, Kristine was very attentive and friendly. The only problem we experienced was that the bill was not right. The wine was cheaper on the menu and the dessert should not have been charged, since that goes with the early bird dinner. It was corrected immediately after mentioning it.Special Features:
- Love the view of beachPhyl1VIPDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I have eaten here a number of times and always return. We never had the flatbreads before but they were delicious --especially the lobster one. This had to be a fast meal and it worked well for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a historical settingFreyballDined on 7/12/2014Reservations were a snap. The hostess confirmed the OpenTable reservations are automatically processed by their dining room software. The setting is an historic Inn. The low ceilings and paneled woodwork set it apart. The bar looked cozy and nice for couples to have a romantic drink. The Saturday we went they had a guitarist playing. The food was good/great. Not a food critic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful and romantic setting!Jerseyboy22Dined on 7/6/2014Wonderful of presentation of Yorkshire lobster! Very romantic and scenic view. Easy to find with parking. Good value for price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedceg310Dined on 7/5/2014every where I go, the avalanche of farm to table restaurants have gotten me so spoiled that I no longer care to eat certain types of food... you know - proteins slathered in cream sauces, heavy cream whipped potatoes and boiled-within-an-inch-of-their-lives veggies...made from the venerable cookbooks of Betty Crocker... this is such a place... even if I could overlook this choice in menu prep there is no excuse (in my book) for taking fresh seafood and making it tasteless.. such a dissappointment.. but truthfully, the reason for the 1 star review is the blueberry pie... I feel good blueberry pie is good blueberry pie regardless of which school of thought the chef adheres... but this was gummy and stale. no excuse!
- Excellent RestaurantpaulDined on 7/5/2014Great food and ambiance in this very scenic Maine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathDined on 7/4/2014very enjoyable and the roast chicken was better than at home... I/we recommend dinner here for lots of diners looking for a nice night out with very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 45th anniversaryPapaDined on 6/20/2014Great food, overall wonderful experience. Would not hesitate recommending this restaurant. Great view of the harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Reasonably pricedJTMississippiDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I dined at 1637 while on our recent getaway. We stayed at the York Harbor Inn, so not only was it convenient but it was a great choice. On Thursday night they offer their Early bird special all night long which is 3 courses for 18.95 ea. We enjoyed the three course Early bird which included a salad, the Brochettes of Beef along with a serving of mashed potatoes and apple crisp a-la-mode. we preceded this with the Artichoke dip.Special Features:
- Entertaining GuestsImamainerDined on 6/19/2014I choose the York Harbor Inn for dinner with colleagues visiting from the mid-west. We had a nice dinner. the food was very good, as was the service.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceMarkDined on 6/7/2014Excellent dining experience! Food was delicious and the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Went to this restaurant because we won a gift certificate to here. Ordered brochettes of beef and asked for it medium well. I was told by the waiter that if I wanted it slightly pink, I should order it medium so I did. The meat was red throughout. Even after a second cooking, much of it was still red inside so I didn't eat it. The waiter never apologized or compensated. My dinner did not come with a vegetable. The waiter initially ignored my choice for a sauce with the meat, my sundae came with nuts and waiter didn't ask if I could have them or wanted them, and my husband's Jamaican coffee was the worst he ever had. All this for a ridiculously high price. Certainly not worth it! On top of all that, we lost $25 on the gift certificate.Special Features:
- Could have been betterMarkDined on 5/10/2014The Pork Chop was under cooked and had to bring it back. Overall, the presentation of the food was not as stunning as we are used to. We eat here frequently and will continue to come here. Perhaps, just an off night for the cooking crew ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistantly goodkeithmVIPDined on 4/27/2014Food is always very good here, with a few exceptions. We started with the Wedge salad. Very fresh, with lots of nuts & dressing on the side, so you're able to put as much or little on as you choose. We also had the Brie salad. Very good mild brie on toasted French bread with dressings & such on the side. For mains we had the Lobster stuffed Chicken(excellent & moist) Richard had the Herb Chicken under a brick. Leg was a bit dry, but the thigh was excellent. My side of squash was really overcooked. The only issue really with the meal. We had a decadent Hot fudge Sundae for dessert, very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and wine were excellentGracieDined on 4/12/2014The food and wine were excellent and we received a yummy birthday cake. The noise rating is due to a guest a couple of tables over who was rather loud and boistrous, and wasn't the restaurant's fault. The live music in the bar just next to the restaurant was great with just the right amount of noise level. Very nice upscale accomodations. The only thing that my partner and I both noticed was the reaction we received from our waiter, after we had ordered. We normally split an entree because one is almost always more than we can each eat. He made a little face and it seemed we were avoided somewhat after that. His other tables around us (4) seemed to get more attention afterwards. Other than that, is is a lovely restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic winter eveningjaglady14Dined on 2/8/2014We really enjoyed our evening. It was cold outside but warm and comfy inside the Inn. Food was excellent and Debbie was a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were 4 of us and weMargoDined on 2/8/2014There were 4 of us and we all had the pre-fix meal for $18.95 for 3 courses. You could choose from 5 entrees and each of us has something different and we all thought the food was excellent as well as the portions. Salad, entree and dessert. It was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.