160 S Main St
Newtown, CT 06470-2721Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.160main.com/
- Phone: 2033049770
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM.
Friday & Saturday: 11:30AM - 10:00PM.
Sunday: 11:30AM - 8:00PM.
Closed on Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 160 Main
Located at 160 South Main Street (formerly known as Mona Lisa), 160 MAIN has been redesigned into a place where guests can enjoy a fine culinary experience in a relaxed neighborhood meeting place. Seasonal American cuisine can be enjoyed in the beautiful dining room or lounge. The bar offers weekday happy hour specials for great values on our food, wine & drinks. We hope to see you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
160 Main reviews from OpenTable diners
- Slow ...Very Slow, Too SlowHR100813Dined on 6/21/2013We really want to like 160 Main and liked Mona Lisa before the concept and menu of the restaurant changed. We took two friends to dinner and they were potentially new clients. The service was unacceptably slow. the restaurant was not crowded for a Friday night 7:30 PM reservation time and pretty empty by 8:30 PM. Food was OK. Service this slow is a deal breaker.
- Perfect!CalicobobDined on 6/4/2013Met with a friend for a cocktail and dinner. It was a beautiful day, and they have a terrific outdoor area. Danielle, our server, was excellent, the cocktail was perfect, and dinner was wonderful. A great place! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We preferred it when it wasBettiHDined on 4/12/2013We preferred it when it was Mona Lisa. Food very good but limited variety. Had to ask for bread. Fireplace room good but table setup for 8 was awkward, round and square table.Special Features:
- We ordered rack of lanb chops.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013We ordered rack of lanb chops. Ordered rare. chops were well done. suspect they were precooked and then microwaved.
- We thought the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013We thought the atmosphere was very nice espically for a holiday. We were somewhat disappointed with the overall quality of the entrees. The menu was excellent and all of the appetizers were outstanding. I will definately be going back.Special Features:
- I was disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013I was disappointed in the meat-heavy menu. I chose the catfish which came with cauliflower flan, red cabbage, and a potato pancake. Unfortunately, there was probably about a tablespoon each of the vegetables which were served under the heavily sauced fish. There were no appetizers that appealed to me either. For dessert I had the apple tart which tasted like a Tabletalk pie from the supermarket, with mostly filling, not apples inside.My husband ordered the lamb which was presented beautifully but lacked vegetables. The salads on the menu seemed so ordinary that we chose not to order them. The room was nicely decorated and the staff very pleasant and attentive.
- 160 Main was an awesome place.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013160 Main was an awesome place. Staff was very attentive. Food was excellent while not being overpowering. The only reason for not commenting on some questions were they didn't apply, I do not drink but friends said the wine selection and quality were excellent.Overall an extreme pleasurable experience will go back and definitely recommend to anyone seeking good food and a memorable experience in fine dining.Special Features: