15th Street Fisheries
1900 SE 15th Street
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
15th Street Fisheries
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gofisheries.com/
- Phone: 954-763-2777x
- Hours of Operation:
Fisheries Dockside at 15th Street Fisheries opens for lunch and dinner from 11:30 AM until 9:30 PM.
15th Street Fisheries Restaurant (2nd Floor dining room) opens for dinner from 5PM to 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lenny Judice
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Everyday around 5.30PM come and watch the feeding of Giant Tarpons, some as long as 6 feet. Buy a bag of shrimp and hand feed the Tarpons and Jacks.
Monday - Friday 4:00 - 7:00 PM
~ 2-4-1 ~
A word from 15th Street Fisheries
Voted 2014 Best Seafood Restaurant, Best Waterfront Restaurant, Best Patio/Outdoor Dining Spot, Best Place to Impress Out-Of-Town Guests, Best Restaurant To Take Your Parents, and Best Fish Dip in Sun-Sentinel’s "Best Of South Florida" readers poll. Enjoy casual dining and drinks downstairs at Fisheries Dockside, with live music on weekends, while watching the daily feeding of giant tarpon at the docks. Incredibly creative dining upstairs in an historic waterfront setting of early Fort Lauderdale and the restaurant's own marina. Complimentary valet parking and dockage for your boat. You simply will not find better waterway views in South Florida, with hundreds of boats navigating the Intracoastal both day and night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
15th Street Fisheries - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
15th Street Fisheries reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (120)special occasion (85)romantic (66)fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (46)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (16)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is excellent for the people ths loves seafood in a romantic bay scenery. The only con is too expensive for the type of food snd the small variety on theit menu. They should have more option. For example combination, and sampler platters. On the wines list. They need to add some Chilean wines options. Chilean wines are consider one of the top 5 best wines in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service bad foodTwooutdinDined on 9/22/2014stay away the restaurant is not the quality it used to be
- NDTouristsDined on 9/21/2014We absolutely loved this hidden gem. From great service to amazing food and beautiful views, you couldn't ask for a better night out. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKatlawDined on 9/20/2014Brought my husband here for his birthday and we enjoyed the food and scenery. I had reservations and we were seated immediately and our server checked on us often to make sure we had everything that we needed and were enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/good atmosphereOutsandingVIPDined on 9/20/2014We returned to 15th Street Fisheries for the first time in a number of years (no reason for not having returned, other than there are just a lot of also good restaurants in the area) and found the food, service and atmosphere just as it had been in the past. We asked ourselves why we hadn't returned sooner and vowed not to let that happen againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceem66Dined on 9/20/2014Had early Saturday evening dinner upstairs. Had the room to ourselves for most of the evening. Attentive and friendly staff and manager. Food was delicious, from appetizers to entrees to dessert. There were zero delays, and no problems whatsoever. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish and a nice viewCurlygirl0392Dined on 9/19/2014We wanted fresh seafood and remembering how I used to enjoy the 15th Street Fishery I thought it would be a great place to go for good food and a nice view. We sat upstairs which looked very outdated and dingy, very surprising for the prices they charge. We ordered a pitcher of Mojitos, what we got looked like a pitcher of dark rum and water with a few limes and mint laying in the bottom! It did not resemble or taste like a Mojito! It was awful and we returned it. We enjoyed our food for the most part, the salad which came with papaya dressing was pale and lacked flavor. The Grouper was delicious as well as the Mahi and Ahi Tuna. I think it's time to update the decor and add more variety to the menu, there is no wow factor there anymore!Special Features:
- Could have been betterMikenGinaDined on 9/19/2014We got a lousy view window seat - I asked for a good view I noticed they sat others right next to us with even worse views - yet the great tables with better views remained empty most of the night. Why would they do this??? The place was barely 1/3 full. The food was tasty but expensive. We both had a seafood Cippino but there was not much fish in it - mostly pasta. 3 little motley mussels that were not too fresh. For $36 each - we expected more seafood. Service was friendly and excellent. I like the place and location and may go back but be more discerning next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Love the service and view. The menu was enticing with great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backFabulousDined on 9/12/2014Great food service and views. Perfect pre cruise spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay DownstairsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014I have dined here once downstairs in the pub area and this time upstairs in what was the upscale area. I was entertaining clients and had hoped for a "wow" experience. The last time there we ate outside, had casual food and it was great. Upstairs was deserted...and we found out why. The service was very slow. They brought out the order wrong. My highly recommended shrimp and grits tasted horribly fishy and mushy...sent back and had lost appetite. I would say this is not good since it is kind or pricey...but it wasn't even good if it wasn't pricey. I guess stay downstairs but I'm assuming they use the same kitchen which makes me now even question that choice. I thought I had found a hidden gem tucked away on the water.Special Features:
- Much improvedfrani48Dined on 9/6/2014I have not been to 15th ST Fisheries for several years. It has improved dramatically. I was with a party of 6. Everyone liked their food and several of them are "foodies". They indicated the fish was prepared properly, not overly done. Sitting upstairs is pleasant. They have downstairs seating outside and the menu downstairs is much more casual.Special Features:
- Great place to Dine!DavndnaDined on 9/6/2014This is our third time to this restaurant. Once for lunch and twice for dinner each time it's been great. This time party of seven,all had a different seafood dish except one Prime Rib. Everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too much new orleans flavorWildPartyDined on 9/6/2014The rolls are great but the appetizers shrimp and grits and the clams Rockefeller were too salty and had too much of a new Orleans sweet and salty flavor. The Chapino had great flavor but too much pasta and not enough seafood Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Fresh Fish and moreBrunchBunchVIPDined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed the 3-course dinner special immensely. From the outstanding bread basket and throughout the entire meal, we couldn't have been more pleased. The fish tasted extremely fresh and was well prepared. Our server was attentive to refilling our water and was very helpful with our selections. A window seat gives you a nice water view. I don't think you'd be disappointed with any of your choices. We weren't.Special Features:
- Great MealMikeVIPDined on 9/1/2014Awesome black sea bass at this gem of a restaurant. Tuna tartar as an appetizer was elicious too. Its off the beaten path with a spectacular view of the intracoastal waterway right by the 17th St bridge. Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Having read other diners review, decided to have girls nite out at 15 th Street Fisheries,Did not disappoint. Starting from appetizers to entree,everything was delicious.Carlos our server was excellent,knowlegable about the menu and assisted in choosing some great entrees.The view added to the dining experience, making for an enjoyable evening out. ON my return list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Took our daughter and husband from out of town. Food was excellent and view is fantastic. We all thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Extraordinary Chilean Sea BassFoodee02Dined on 8/23/2014We dined there on a Saturday night (upstairs, accessible via elevator) on the "porch. We had a pleasant experience watching the intracoastal traffic. The menu had a lovely array of seafood with a chicken and beef entrée or two. My wife enjoyed the seared Diver Scallops in Provencal sauce with truffle & scallion mashed potatoes & grilled asparagus. I had an extraordinary Miso Glazed Roasted Chilean Sea Bass with mango fried rice and Thai stir fried vegetables. Every aspect of my our entrées was a delight and without a doubt my entrée was the best Sea Bass I have ever had. The sides were truly exceptional. Note that the porch can be a bit noisy during the hot months when the windows are closed. The other seating areas seemed much quieter.Special Features:
- Dinner DateHappy2eatDined on 8/18/2014We went to enjoy the food and the view upstairs. It was mainly empty but we were seated to a very loud and talkative customer at the next table. There isn't anything the restaurant could do about it I suppose. Also, the salad I ordered was all spinach and barely any other ingredients that were in the description. When asked if I liked it I said it was Ok. They asked if I wanted anything different and I said no. That was nice of them, but they also took it off of the check. That as great too. Of course we tipped on the entire bill because Lucy was so good. Next time I will request a little more private table if it's available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key West SnapperPudgeDined on 8/17/2014Order it. Period. Angel was our waiter this time around. One of the best in town.Special Features:
- BillFromNaplesDined on 8/17/2014It was our first time at the resturant. We found it to be a very nice place with a nice view of the water. Service was top notch. The prime rim was one of the best I ever had. My wife had the scallops they also were very good . We diffently will come back Thank youSpecial Features:
- Tasty and FreshDecentVIPDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I were visiting the Ft. Lauderdale area and a local suggested we try this place. It was fantastic. We shared the crab cake appetizer, which is one of the best crab cakes I've ever had, filled with lumps of delicious crab. I had the swordfish with coconut curry and my husband had the shrimp pasta. Both were fresh and flavorful. I would highly recommend this restaurant to visitors and locals alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15th St Fisheries Ft. Lauderdale FLNYCFoodiesDined on 8/13/2014We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, our waiter Carlos was the best! Outstanding service. Great views of the Ft.Lauderdale marina, we watched people pulling up in their boats to dine, some boated in just to feed the fish. I had the Chilean seabass. It's to die for, melted in my mouth!! My husband Had the tuna and loved it. Perfect for celebrating special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableEnjoyDinnerOutDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed our dinner, however, the service was slow. Drinks were not replenished timely. The view makes it worth the visit.Special Features:
- My ExperienceUncleTesterDined on 8/9/2014Have dined here many times before and always enjoyed. Brought a group of 8 on this evening .. Had to send my food back because it was cold.. I must admit this has never happened before.. When my plate was returned it was barley warm..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, good food, nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Service was lacking. Our waitress was not very attentive - maybe she was too busy but we wanted our water glasses replenished and they were not. She delivered our food which was delicious (grouper) then we didn't see her until getting the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well-Prepared Food, Great ServiceCVGJetGuyVIPDined on 8/2/2014I've not been to 15th Street Fisheries in a few years but am glad to see that it's still a great experience. The food offerings bring out the best of seasonal Florida seafood with great preparations and some modern twists. The service teams ensure that attention doesn't lapse, even when the primary server is not available. The desserts are absolutely something not to miss.Special Features:
- Fine dinning reviewJeffDined on 8/2/2014The 15th Street Fisheries is composed of a casual downstairs/outside restaurant and a fine dinning upstairs restaurant. The ratings are for the fine dinning component. I'm certain that both part merit excellent rating. The restaurant is on the inter-coastal waterway and has excellent views of the water traffic. Would certainly return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nautical and FunRichie2timeDined on 8/2/2014Just a great place to relax and enjoy good company , fine food, service, views and cocktails. Truly embodies the spirit of Fort Lauderdale and keeps the dining reputation excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceFamilyDinnerDined on 7/30/2014The service was the best. Bill was very attentive to our large group and made our dining experience memorable and fun. The food was very good. The cocktails were not. We ordered monitor and a long island iced tea. Neither tasted quite right. Everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best seafood in townWineguy920VIPDined on 7/28/2014the Chilean Sea bass was fantastic, the service was great, everyone enjoyed their foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food @ NYC PricesTravelerGrandpaDined on 7/27/2014We dined upstairs, not dockside. The food was good and creative. Gourmet ….. no not really, but tasty. I had the diver scallops and they were delicious. For an appetizer I had their shrimp & grits and it too was very tasty, but I would have preferred it to come without heads & tails attached. Service was attentive and timely. Cannot comment on the mixed drinks, we had wine with the meal. Would I go back, yes, but not right away and not without a special occasion to celebrate… this was a birthday dinner.Special Features:
- fantasticShashaDined on 7/24/2014Excellent dinner with wonderful staff and an adorable waitress....Anniversary surprise with a candle in the desert and a song from the staff. the food was beautfiully presented and well prepared. NO complaits whatsoever and that is rare from someone who loves to cook!Special Features:
- Just excellent!HappyTummyDined on 7/23/2014I absolutely LOVED the experience in itself! My mother really loved it and her birthday was the reason for the visit. Greater views than what I expected, welcoming staff, great prices for worth of the food! I expected to pay atleast $150 for the bill and the total was actually half the price. Will recommend to everyone! I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood in Fort LauderdaleCholorodDined on 7/22/2014It's relaxing as soon as you put your feet inside the restaurant - have a drink at the bar overlooking the Marina; then go outside or upstairs inside, depending on weather to experience the best seafood in FLL. We tried delicious lumpy Crab Cakes, superb Spiny Lobster Tail & an undescriptible pound of King of the Kings Crab Legs - with drawn butter! Unique like a finger print.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible service with a great viewpdeveloperDined on 7/22/2014they seemed surprised that customers showed up on a Tuesday in July. We waited an hour for our food, must be cooking over a matchbook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Fair ServiceRichardMDined on 7/22/2014I would give our waiter (Angel) who was not attentive, and we waited to get initial service, drinks, and to place our order, a 3 out of 10 rating. It was a Tuesday night at 7:00pm so I expected service would be very timely. The food was properly priced for the venue and excellent in tast and quality! The portion sizes were sufficient - this is not an all you can eat place in case you don't know. I had two business guests with me, and they enjoyed the food and ambiance. I would certainly give them another chance.Special Features:
- nice viewnounouVIPDined on 7/19/2014the best spot is the upstairs restaurant: nice view, good service, very good menu, good food just need some salt in dishes the big problem is the parking. just a very small road to get there. (just one way) they don't have enough space for parking. have to wait a long time to have access to the valet, too many cars waiting... need to arrive 30 minutes before the reservation time!!!Special Features:
- GIRAFFEDined on 7/11/2014I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THIS RESTAURANT FOR YEARS, HOWEVER, WHEN IT CHANGED HANDS I STOPPED. WE DECIDED TO TRY IT AGAIN THIS PAST WEEKEND AND WERE PLEASED TO FIND THAT THEY WERE QUITE GOOD. WE DO MISS SOME OF THE OFFERINGS FROM THE ORIGINAL 15TH. STREET FISHERIES BUT WE WILL BE BACK NEVERTHELESS.Special Features: