15th Street Fisheries
1900 SE 15th Street
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
15th Street Fisheries
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gofisheries.com/
- Phone: 954-763-2777x
- Hours of Operation:
Fisheries Dockside at 15th Street Fisheries opens for lunch and dinner from 11:30 AM until 9:30 PM.
15th Street Fisheries Restaurant (2nd Floor dining room) opens for dinner from 5PM to 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lenny Judice
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Everyday around 5.30PM come and watch the feeding of Giant Tarpons, some as long as 6 feet. Buy a bag of shrimp and hand feed the Tarpons and Jacks.
Monday - Friday 4:00 - 7:00 PM
~ 2-4-1 ~
A word from 15th Street Fisheries
Voted 2014 Best Seafood Restaurant, Best Waterfront Restaurant, Best Patio/Outdoor Dining Spot, Best Place to Impress Out-Of-Town Guests, Best Restaurant To Take Your Parents, and Best Fish Dip in Sun-Sentinel’s "Best Of South Florida" readers poll. Enjoy casual dining and drinks downstairs at Fisheries Dockside, with live music on weekends, while watching the daily feeding of giant tarpon at the docks. Incredibly creative dining upstairs in an historic waterfront setting of early Fort Lauderdale and the restaurant's own marina. Complimentary valet parking and dockage for your boat. You simply will not find better waterway views in South Florida, with hundreds of boats navigating the Intracoastal both day and night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
15th Street Fisheries - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
15th Street Fisheries reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (119)special occasion (88)romantic (70)fit for foodies (50)great for outdoor dining (41)good for groups (36)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (14)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Was on vacation in Fort Lauderdale and stumbled about the 15 St. Fisheries. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a great night out. Service was impeccable, food was out standing, and the view was memorizing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the placeCacoVIPDined on 10/23/2014Took my out-of-town guests here - including one professional food critic from San Francisco. W come here often and never had bad experience. Great view, great food and spectacular service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/20/2014The location, ambiance and cuisine were perfect. However, the service was beyond slow and the resturant was not full. It was unclear what the issue was, but it took over an hour to get three salads and almost two for our main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for Seafood LoversFoodAddictDined on 10/18/2014Seafood lovers, this is the place for you. The atmosphere is friendly and comfortable. The scenic view from upstairs is gorgeous! Great view to watch the sunset while eating. Their Key West Salmon was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, outstanding serviceFoodsnobzDined on 10/11/2014We had such a wonderful dinner. The place is organized and run like clockwork. We were efficiently seated. Every course we ordered was expertly prepared, and the seafood was extremely fresh. Absolutely delicious. Waiters are very attentive also. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect EveningLuvgoodfoodDined on 10/11/2014We went to 15th street fisheries for our wedding anniversary. We booked our reservation through open table; very simple process. On the day of our event, the restaurant called us to confirm our reservation. We arrived early and had a cocktail at the bar. The atmosphere was very pleasant. Our table was ready at the time we had made our reservation for. We were greeted by the staff upstairs who made us feel very welcome. Our servers were excellent! All the dishes we selected were very tasty and the view from our table was spectacular. We were very pleased with our experience at 15th street fisheries. They made our evening very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodaj80295Dined on 10/10/2014Low key great seafood, a nice change from the hustle & bustle of Las Olas Ave. Right on the intercostal. A real find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15th St. FisheriesTable4TwoDined on 10/10/2014Restaurant is fantastic on all scales- this is not my first time here and it surely won't be my last- food is exceptional, service is exceptional and ambiance is fantastic! Highly recommended to anyone looking for a wonderful romantic date night spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseBirthdaydinerDined on 10/10/2014We were seated in a room looking over the water. It was very nice, other than the noise level. Hardwood floors, ceiling and walls. Some acoustical tiles would do wonders for this room.Special Features:
- Delicious & Superb ServiceNCEsq88Dined on 10/9/2014The atmosphere was excellent, the good was delicious and the service was unparalleled! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticSweeneyt13Dined on 10/8/2014A gem. Incredible food, great service. For a special occasion, it's the place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnAwesomeDined on 10/8/2014This was such a fun place to have a meal and the scenery was awesome. The food was interesting and I loved to taste something new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishBloomDined on 10/4/2014Good food and service. We definitely come back...The menu selection is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best find from being out of townersMissDawnDined on 10/4/2014We live in New England and were just in for the night. My husband pulled it up on Open Table and said, "What do you think?" Sure. The best grouper, amazing view. The fish feeding after was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine out Ft. LauderdaleDkb0011Dined on 10/2/2014My family and I have been trying to make it 15th St fisheries for years, and I am glad that we finally made it. We went during the dine out Ft. Lauderdale promotion. The service was fantastic, and the view was even better. The restaurant is on the upper level, and is very quiet. There is a vibrant bar on the lower floor, which seemed to be a hot spot. I uworld definitely suggest feeding the tarpons after dinner for a fun treat. The food was great, and service was great, I would suggest the restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!PickyfoodguyDined on 10/1/2014The best meal I have had in years. The Chilean sea bass was cooked to perfection as was my wife's grouper. Dessert was spectacular! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Party of 7 for my mother in law 69th birthday. Service, scenic view over bay, service, parking, food!!! They even adjusted the AC when it was to cold. Everthing was perfect and she even thanked me for the restaurant choice(!)Special Features:
- excellent food and servicealexDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is excellent for the people ths loves seafood in a romantic bay scenery. The only con is too expensive for the type of food snd the small variety on theit menu. They should have more option. For example combination, and sampler platters. On the wines list. They need to add some Chilean wines options. Chilean wines are consider one of the top 5 best wines in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!FoodieDined on 9/27/2014Food and service was excellent! Our waiter was most entertaining. They went out of their way to look for a rum at the bar that I requested. Even the manager came by and asked us how we were enjoying everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing!CacoVIPDined on 9/27/2014Phenomenal food and service. My wife and I were very happy with the entire experience. We will be back soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service bad foodTwooutdinDined on 9/22/2014stay away the restaurant is not the quality it used to be
- NDTouristsDined on 9/21/2014We absolutely loved this hidden gem. From great service to amazing food and beautiful views, you couldn't ask for a better night out. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKatlawDined on 9/20/2014Brought my husband here for his birthday and we enjoyed the food and scenery. I had reservations and we were seated immediately and our server checked on us often to make sure we had everything that we needed and were enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/good atmosphereOutsandingVIPDined on 9/20/2014We returned to 15th Street Fisheries for the first time in a number of years (no reason for not having returned, other than there are just a lot of also good restaurants in the area) and found the food, service and atmosphere just as it had been in the past. We asked ourselves why we hadn't returned sooner and vowed not to let that happen againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceem66Dined on 9/20/2014Had early Saturday evening dinner upstairs. Had the room to ourselves for most of the evening. Attentive and friendly staff and manager. Food was delicious, from appetizers to entrees to dessert. There were zero delays, and no problems whatsoever. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish and a nice viewCurlygirl0392Dined on 9/19/2014We wanted fresh seafood and remembering how I used to enjoy the 15th Street Fishery I thought it would be a great place to go for good food and a nice view. We sat upstairs which looked very outdated and dingy, very surprising for the prices they charge. We ordered a pitcher of Mojitos, what we got looked like a pitcher of dark rum and water with a few limes and mint laying in the bottom! It did not resemble or taste like a Mojito! It was awful and we returned it. We enjoyed our food for the most part, the salad which came with papaya dressing was pale and lacked flavor. The Grouper was delicious as well as the Mahi and Ahi Tuna. I think it's time to update the decor and add more variety to the menu, there is no wow factor there anymore!Special Features:
- Could have been betterMikenGinaDined on 9/19/2014We got a lousy view window seat - I asked for a good view I noticed they sat others right next to us with even worse views - yet the great tables with better views remained empty most of the night. Why would they do this??? The place was barely 1/3 full. The food was tasty but expensive. We both had a seafood Cippino but there was not much fish in it - mostly pasta. 3 little motley mussels that were not too fresh. For $36 each - we expected more seafood. Service was friendly and excellent. I like the place and location and may go back but be more discerning next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Love the service and view. The menu was enticing with great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backFabulousDined on 9/12/2014Great food service and views. Perfect pre cruise spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay DownstairsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014I have dined here once downstairs in the pub area and this time upstairs in what was the upscale area. I was entertaining clients and had hoped for a "wow" experience. The last time there we ate outside, had casual food and it was great. Upstairs was deserted...and we found out why. The service was very slow. They brought out the order wrong. My highly recommended shrimp and grits tasted horribly fishy and mushy...sent back and had lost appetite. I would say this is not good since it is kind or pricey...but it wasn't even good if it wasn't pricey. I guess stay downstairs but I'm assuming they use the same kitchen which makes me now even question that choice. I thought I had found a hidden gem tucked away on the water.Special Features:
- Much improvedfrani48VIPDined on 9/6/2014I have not been to 15th ST Fisheries for several years. It has improved dramatically. I was with a party of 6. Everyone liked their food and several of them are "foodies". They indicated the fish was prepared properly, not overly done. Sitting upstairs is pleasant. They have downstairs seating outside and the menu downstairs is much more casual.Special Features:
- Great place to Dine!DavndnaDined on 9/6/2014This is our third time to this restaurant. Once for lunch and twice for dinner each time it's been great. This time party of seven,all had a different seafood dish except one Prime Rib. Everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too much new orleans flavorWildPartyDined on 9/6/2014The rolls are great but the appetizers shrimp and grits and the clams Rockefeller were too salty and had too much of a new Orleans sweet and salty flavor. The Chapino had great flavor but too much pasta and not enough seafood Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Fresh Fish and moreBrunchBunchVIPDined on 9/2/2014We enjoyed the 3-course dinner special immensely. From the outstanding bread basket and throughout the entire meal, we couldn't have been more pleased. The fish tasted extremely fresh and was well prepared. Our server was attentive to refilling our water and was very helpful with our selections. A window seat gives you a nice water view. I don't think you'd be disappointed with any of your choices. We weren't.Special Features:
- Great MealMikeVIPDined on 9/1/2014Awesome black sea bass at this gem of a restaurant. Tuna tartar as an appetizer was elicious too. Its off the beaten path with a spectacular view of the intracoastal waterway right by the 17th St bridge. Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Having read other diners review, decided to have girls nite out at 15 th Street Fisheries,Did not disappoint. Starting from appetizers to entree,everything was delicious.Carlos our server was excellent,knowlegable about the menu and assisted in choosing some great entrees.The view added to the dining experience, making for an enjoyable evening out. ON my return list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014Took our daughter and husband from out of town. Food was excellent and view is fantastic. We all thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Extraordinary Chilean Sea BassFoodee02Dined on 8/23/2014We dined there on a Saturday night (upstairs, accessible via elevator) on the "porch. We had a pleasant experience watching the intracoastal traffic. The menu had a lovely array of seafood with a chicken and beef entrée or two. My wife enjoyed the seared Diver Scallops in Provencal sauce with truffle & scallion mashed potatoes & grilled asparagus. I had an extraordinary Miso Glazed Roasted Chilean Sea Bass with mango fried rice and Thai stir fried vegetables. Every aspect of my our entrées was a delight and without a doubt my entrée was the best Sea Bass I have ever had. The sides were truly exceptional. Note that the porch can be a bit noisy during the hot months when the windows are closed. The other seating areas seemed much quieter.Special Features:
- Dinner DateHappy2eatDined on 8/18/2014We went to enjoy the food and the view upstairs. It was mainly empty but we were seated to a very loud and talkative customer at the next table. There isn't anything the restaurant could do about it I suppose. Also, the salad I ordered was all spinach and barely any other ingredients that were in the description. When asked if I liked it I said it was Ok. They asked if I wanted anything different and I said no. That was nice of them, but they also took it off of the check. That as great too. Of course we tipped on the entire bill because Lucy was so good. Next time I will request a little more private table if it's available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Key West SnapperPudgeDined on 8/17/2014Order it. Period. Angel was our waiter this time around. One of the best in town.Special Features: