1515 Market Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1515restaurant.com/
- Phone: (303) 571-0011
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm. Sundays for private functions, Easter, Mother's Day (special prixe fixe menu) and 2nd Sunday of each month for 1515 Test Kitchen Dinners. Visit 1515restaurant.com for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonas Halstead
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Gene for details at 303-571-0011.
Banquet Facilities: Our three banquet rooms can entertain your group of 30, 60 and 90 for sit-down functions, or 200 guests for cocktail and hors d’oeuvres. Let us help plan your wedding, rehearsal, Holiday and corporate parties. View the Banquet section on our website for more details.
- Entertainment: 1515 Lounge offers craft drinks, house infused liquors and soft music.
Looking for a place to relax? Come check out our Lounge where you can get one of our specialty cocktails or your own favorite concoction made with the freshest ingredients.
Planning a birthday party, office party, or just a gathering of friends, check out our lower level lounge where you have a private bar and your own bartender!
- Special Events: Join us for an exquisitely prepared five and seven course dinner for less than $12 per course plus dessert prepared specially for you by chef Jonas Halstead or just order from our regular lunch and dinner menu. Our service staff will be more than happy to pair each course with a special glass of wine, beer or craft drinks at a reasonable price.
- Cross Street: 16th Street Mall
- Public Transit: Take Light Rail to 16th Street Mall and take Mall shuttle to Market Street Station. Within walking distance to all major downtown hotels, convention center and ball parks.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary garage parking for dinner guests at 16th Market Square. The indoor parking is located in the last building on your left on Market Street before 16th Street Mall. Valet available with our neighbor, P.F. Chang's Restaurant.
A word from 1515 Restaurant
1515 is sending out plates that knock people back in their seats and make the ladies swoon” -Jason Sheehan, Westword; “Award of Excellence” -Wine Spectator 2001 through 2014; ABC, Channel 7 A-List Winner American Cuisine. An independent fine dining establishment located in the heart of Denver, 1515 Restaurant offers a relaxing yet sophisticated environment in which to enjoy some of Colorado’s most distinctive flavors. The Modern American menu, combining molecular gastronomy with classic cooking, is splashed with European flair, creating a memorable, one-of-the-kind fusion known as the eatery’s “eclectic Colorado cuisine”. Some enticing menu creations include the critically acclaimed Foie Gras Duo, Lobster Newburg, Colorado Lamb, Elk Steak, Duck, Steak and 100% pure strain Wagyu Beef from 7X Cattle Company. The seasonal menus provide new tastes to tempt your palate. Craft drinks, 450+ bottle wine cellar and in-house sommelier to help with the perfect pairing at the perfect price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
1515 Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
1515 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (57)romantic (56)notable wine list (46)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Lots of optionsAmandaDined on 11/18/2014The menu has a diverse array of main courses to choose from, and they have an extensive wine list. There are also great happy hour deals at the bar on Tuesdays. The restaurant is fancy and an optimal spot for business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary. We were brought up to the dining room which was elegant and tastefully decorated. When we reached our table there was a glass of champagne waiting for each of us, which was a wonderful way to begin our evening. When our server greeted us we were told about the evening specials, favorite menu items and he showed an extensive wine list. We ordered the 8 course tasting menu and everything was to die for. Wine pairings were also a wonderful addition to this meal. The owner stopped by our table multiple times through the meal to ensure our highest satisfaction. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable evening!coladyDined on 11/15/2014Overall, excellent dinner with small, yet very tasty portions. the Bouillabaisse was very good -- less like soup than when I have had it before. Dessert, cherries jubilee, was very good, too. Our server was well-trained and a very good "sales person". Plus he was patient with us. Will go back to 1515!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/14/2014It was a weird space. You have to walk through an outdated bar up the stairs into what should be fine dinning. The food was okay, prepared in an different way and the service was very good. But the whole atmosphere really threw me off.
- special occasion dinnerJ2LCCDined on 11/6/2014The food- unique and delicious- was served at a pace that allowed for dining without feeling rushed. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive and "cutesy". The experience was "elegant" in a relaxed manner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We always enjoy this restaurant.The owner,Gene is a perfect host.would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys excellent food.Special Features:
- 1515JudyDined on 11/1/2014We arrived at the restaurant to find no hostess. No one greeted us. We wandered through the bar where they were obviously set up for a Halloween function. You have to walk all the way through the bar to the restaurant upstairs. For an upscale, pricey restaurant, this just seems odd to me. The food was just okay. Nothing spectacular. A $10 glass of wine barely fills the bottom of the oversized glasses. We skipped dessert.Special Features:
- RevTomVIPDined on 11/1/2014This has become about our favorite spot for dinner prior to theater or symphony. It's very classy (when you get upstairs - don't be fooled by the bar downstairs), with outstanding service, very creative blends of tastes in their foods and a large wine list on an iPad. We love it!Special Features:
- Fantastickimberly868Dined on 10/25/2014Went for my husbands birthday and had the 8 course tasting dinner with the wine pairing. Everything was wonderful including all the pairings. Generous portions and came away not hungry like we have with other chef tastings. We'll definitely do that again. The bar is separate from the restaurant so a very fun bar with a great bartender Butch who had a terrific personality, was very professional and made great drinks based on what I was describing to him as a flavor combo I wanted.Special Features:
- 1515--- an excellent time!JacquieDined on 10/24/2014Our time at 1515 was exceptional. We were well taken care of by staff and were offered an array of palatable choices. I would go here again for the service and food choices any day. Thank you for remaining my top pick for dining downtown.Special Features:
- Best American steak house ...!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Just amazing from the beginning to the end. Wagyu beef with the summer chard and potatoe gratin was serve with bison brown butter and Gorgonzola cheese.... Amazing .... Pan seared Ono fish with shrimp risotto and Rockefeller sauce ....amazing .... A place to try in the busy Lodo area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerwinterosesDined on 10/22/20141515 is my favorite restaurant in the Denver area, and the staff delivered yet again a great meal, wonderful service, and great atmosphere. I really appreciate the seasonal menu and good quality ingredients. If I hadn't moved away from the Denver area, I would be a regular diner at 1515 :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsFantasticVIPDined on 10/18/2014Centrally located, you can't go wrong with 1515. We were able to find parking right in front of the building and were seated next to a window which gives an active, yet interesting view of 16th street. We shared the Duck Two Ways and the Beef Tenderloin; both were cooked to perfection. Gene of course came by our table to say hello and ensure that we were satisfied. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- Amazing & delicious.FitFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Everything was great. Service was impeccable. The cherry dessert was to die for. Still dreaming about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOutstandingDined on 10/17/2014What a great find! Outstanding food, service and ambiance. Our waiter, Marcello, was impeccable. The owner visited our table several times, including serving the meal. Each course was prepared to perfection. The appetizer of Frog Legs and Escargot was delectable. Don't be shy, try it, a guarantee you will like it. I could go on and on about the whole meal. An excellent establishment.Special Features:
- A little surpriselovinlifeVIPDined on 10/17/2014When we walked into 1515 we were a bit concerned because the bottom level of the restaurant was just a bar and didn't look that appealing to us. We were then taken upstairs to the restaurant and were completely surprised. The food was great. They worked hard to accommodate a friend who had a gluten allergy as well. Overall we had a nice experience, but just had no idea that this restaurant had been around for so long.Special Features:
- Average Experience at BestSFSGSWDined on 10/17/2014Waitress had blasé affect. Service was slow. We had a large group but reservations were made and it seemed as though there were only 3 people in the restaurant. Had to wait 10 minutes to be seated. Drinks were spilled and waitress' food knowledge was incorrect (ie, for the sides, didn't know what we were getting until it was brought it out). Maybe the kitchen was slow and it wasn't her fault, but we didn't receive food until 30 minutes after ordering, which made us late for the rest of the day. Would not recommend for large groups; perhaps not even for small groups. If this service at lunch time on a weekday is indicative of how service normally is, I can't imagine going during a Saturday night.
- a must goBalooDined on 10/15/2014Top-notch quality dining experience from the ambience, superb service and high quality food and presentation! Great wine list. Gene Tang, helped assure that our Dinner - before leaving Denver - was memorable for my wife and me. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceordinaryfolks12Dined on 10/11/2014it took the waiter a while to get wine for my wife and to replace my ice tea. Food and presentation was very good. There was a couple next to us receiving a lot of attention, perhaps they were celebrities of some sort. Still, we did pay for our meal like everyone else. We did come a long way to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Everything was perfect, we have the 8 course tasting with the wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This is a great spot for a date night or special occasion. Our waiter was great and very knowledgeable. The wine list is incredible and so is the duck! The decor is very romantic and the bar scene downstairs was packed for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun dining experiencehungryladyDined on 9/23/20141515 always has innovative and interesting food that is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group Dining2sistersDined on 9/20/2014We went with a group (11 people)for a night out. The restaurant had a private table set up for us upstairs. The wait staff was wonderful and very attentive. Great atmosphere & night all together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The staff was exceptional and the food was phenomenal. The sommelier paired our lamb and beef dishes with a special bottle of wine. We couldn't have asked for a better experience for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Gastronomy LiteAre09Dined on 9/10/2014The first time I dined here in early Summer it was interesting and delicious. The Brussel Sprouts were the best thing I had ever eaten. The beet salad was prepared with beets three different ways. One was a beet ribbon with deconstructed olives as a sauce. This time the meal was good but nothing special. If there was anything made special with molecular gastronomy the waiter did not inform us and I couldn't tell. It make me wonder if it is the same chef.Special Features:
- Fantastic!lovetoeatDined on 9/6/2014Terrific food - fabulous service - owner came by and surprised us with some goodies - just all around wonderful!Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!FlexibullDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I were here for the first time and was simply amazed! My wife travels for work (eats out a lot with clients) and is not easily impressed. Before the meal was over we were thinking of friends to bring along with us the next time we come! Gene and the team of servers were very attentive! We started with the scallops and smoked salmon appetizers. Then the Watermelon and Late Summer salads. Main course was the Duck two ways and the Bouillabaisse. For dessert we split a Peach Melba. Can't wait till next time!Special Features:
- Great!mutzfishDined on 8/30/2014Great food, good sized portions. In a great location. NO complaints. Perfect for a nice occasion.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We have a great experience, good drinks, good food and great service.Special Features:
- Best meal ever, true fine dining.OklahomakandkDined on 8/30/2014The 6 course dinner was amazing. The food and presentation was exquisite. The ingredients were carefully selected,creative and tasteful. The chefs work in an environment where quality and creativity is nurtured. Our hats off to all for a truly memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!harrycDined on 8/30/2014What a great meal for Restaurant Week! All of the courses were excellent!!Special Features:
- Why have we waited so long?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I dined at 1515 Restaurant last Saturday evening. My question is, "Why have we waited so long?". While initially the service was a little slow, our waiter picked up the pace and provided excellent service. We enjoyed three outstanding courses. It was evident that nothing but the freshest of ingredients were used to prepare our meal. We can't quit talking about our experience and can't wait to go back!
- Had hoped for a better experienceRaisin226VIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I were visiting friends in the Denver area and decided to try this restaurant. We read the reviews before booking. Because it was a Friday night on a holiday weekend, we made a reservation. The earliest OpenTable reservation available was 8:45pm but when we arrived almost half the restaurant had tables available which annoyed the guys. It was restaurant week and two of our party took advantage of the specials offered. The regular menu had only three items that were the same as the one on line and did not really appeal to my palate so that was a little disappointing. Staff was attentive and informative. Towards the end of the meal, the music from the disco became very loud (we were on the 2nd floor).Special Features:
- Almost thereCPdinerVIPDined on 8/29/20141515 wants to be the place to go if you're craving "Top Chef" food. Their menu is great, their flavor profiles are great, but we noticed a few miss- steps in preparation. We attended during restaurant week, so maybe items were pre-prepared, but here's a list of problems. Bread, slightly doughy. Amuse, very tasty, looked a little dried out on the edges. App, cauliflower velouté , not hot enough. Entree, cod over-cooked, sous vide beef, underdone. Dessert, delicious, creamy Creme Brulee with a soggy top rather than made-to-order flamed crust. We will try again, as all food tasted great, just need attention to details to make this a top-notch dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal!PCcatDined on 8/29/2014We went with friends during Denver Restaurant Week and had a fabulous meal. I think this is one of the best restaurants in Denver. The dining room upstairs had soft ambient lighting with exposed brick walls, modern, yet comfortable.Food was very innovative and delicious. Each course had an unusual combination of complex flavors. Loved the crabcake appetizer and the main course Kurobuta pork melted in my mouth, best pork I've had. Wines on the wine pairing menu blended well with each course The owner stopped by several times and even helped serve some of the courses. Waiter was very helpful, friendly and efficient, but not obtrusive. Also, complimentary parking in the adjacent covered garage was an added bonus. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good ambiancehawkeye84Dined on 8/29/2014Good feel and neighborhood is prime spot. Parking can be a pain but is tolerable. Manager came to table to make sure everything is ok. Food is delicious and the pork was very good and the fat kept it most and more flavorful. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightRebishop6Dined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of eating here last week for the Denver Restaurant Week and had an amazing time! The service was impeccable and the food was to to-die-for! Every dish was more impressive and delicious than the last, and I highly recommend doing the wine pairing. Hope to definitely go back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best 5280OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014This is one of the best restaurant week menu we try so far, we try the NY steak and the Alaskan cod, everything was amazing, creme Brulle, one of the best in town and service just perfect timing with food and drinks, thank you 1515 for a great experience.Special Features:
- DeliciousLisaMDined on 8/28/2014The crab cakes, cauliflower soup, New York strip and creme brulee were all amazing. The owner, Gene, circulates the rooms talking to each customer to ensure satisfaction.Special Features:
- dining outDelightedDinerDined on 8/27/2014Innovative menu items, lovely presentation, Excellent, flavorful food. Comfortable ambience. Service was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.