1515 Market Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1515restaurant.com/
- Phone: (303) 571-0011
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm. Sundays for private functions, Easter, Mother's Day (special prixe fixe menu) and 2nd Sunday of each month for 1515 Test Kitchen Dinners. Visit 1515restaurant.com for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonas Halstead
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Gene for details at 303-571-0011.
Banquet Facilities: Our three banquet rooms can entertain your group of 30, 60 and 90 for sit-down functions, or 200 guests for cocktail and hors d’oeuvres. Let us help plan your wedding, rehearsal, Holiday and corporate parties. View the Banquet section on our website for more details.
- Entertainment: 1515 Lounge offers craft drinks, house infused liquors and soft music.
Looking for a place to relax? Come check out our Lounge where you can get one of our specialty cocktails or your own favorite concoction made with the freshest ingredients.
Planning a birthday party, office party, or just a gathering of friends, check out our lower level lounge where you have a private bar and your own bartender!
- Special Events: Join us for an exquisitely prepared five and seven course dinner for less than $12 per course plus dessert prepared specially for you by chef Jonas Halstead or just order from our regular lunch and dinner menu. Our service staff will be more than happy to pair each course with a special glass of wine, beer or craft drinks at a reasonable price.
- Cross Street: 16th Street Mall
- Public Transit: Take Light Rail to 16th Street Mall and take Mall shuttle to Market Street Station. Within walking distance to all major downtown hotels, convention center and ball parks.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary garage parking for dinner guests at 16th Market Square. The indoor parking is located in the last building on your left on Market Street before 16th Street Mall. Valet available with our neighbor, P.F. Chang's Restaurant.
A word from 1515 Restaurant
1515 is sending out plates that knock people back in their seats and make the ladies swoon” -Jason Sheehan, Westword; “Award of Excellence” -Wine Spectator 2001 through 2014; ABC, Channel 7 A-List Winner American Cuisine. An independent fine dining establishment located in the heart of Denver, 1515 Restaurant offers a relaxing yet sophisticated environment in which to enjoy some of Colorado’s most distinctive flavors. The Modern American menu, combining molecular gastronomy with classic cooking, is splashed with European flair, creating a memorable, one-of-the-kind fusion known as the eatery’s “eclectic Colorado cuisine”. Some enticing menu creations include the critically acclaimed Foie Gras Duo, Lobster Newburg, Colorado Lamb, Elk Steak, Duck, Steak and 100% pure strain Wagyu Beef from 7X Cattle Company. The seasonal menus provide new tastes to tempt your palate. Craft drinks, 450+ bottle wine cellar and in-house sommelier to help with the perfect pairing at the perfect price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
1515 Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
1515 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (57)romantic (56)notable wine list (46)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (22)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Food Poor ServiceKikiDined on 8/27/2014Myself and two friends dined at 1515 on a Wednesday during restaurant week. While the food was delicious the service was abysmal. The amuse bouche didn't come out for 45 mins and it continued from there. We opted to do the wine pairing and were not told what the wines were when they were finally brought. We had to ask for them at every course. I understand a restaurant being busy but instead of just apologizing our waitress chose to point out the obvious that they were busy.Special Features:
- Fairly Decent ExperiencetarragonDined on 8/27/2014First of all, our service was amazing but the ambiance and food quality was lacking. I'm not sure if there was a sorority function at this restaurant but I, along with my two other male friends, sat in the backroom that contained 20 or so other identical looking college-aged girls that were less than pleasant to the same server that I loved. They were downright rude, at least the group of four girls sitting next to us, to everyone around them so their presence definitely dampened the evening. Though my friends seemed to enjoy their food, mine left much to be desired. We ordered out of the restaurant week menu. I had the soup which had a beautiful presentation but no taste. For mains, I had the pork and the cut I received was almost all fat.Special Features:
- Disappointed..ToughCustomerDined on 8/27/2014Have been here multiple times before and it was always great. This time it was weak, at best. Our server was terrific and did all she could to make it an nice evening but the restaurant week menu was bland in general. Steak was tough, pork had no seasoning, soup was awful! Had to request salt and pepper. Crabcakes were okay and the dessserts were good. Bartender screwed up basic drinks 3 tiimes! YIKES! Don't know what happened. Never asked for a mgr before but did this time! Too bad. We used to love this restaurant. Maybe we'll check back in a year...
- DeliciousstevekDined on 8/26/2014The food, service and ambiance were all outstanding. The proprietor, Gene Tang, helped assure that the evening was memorable for my wife and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As close to perfection as possibleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Our evening at 1515 was beyond expectation. The imaginative chef delivers! From the imaginative appetizer to the amazing dessert, it was an extraordinary dining experience. I hope you will try this place, one of Denver's finest.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014This was our second time at 1515 and once again the food was amazing. My husband and I both took advantage of the restaurant week menu. My cod was perfectly cooked and my husband loved his pork. The other two courses were excellent as well. There was a small mix-up with our bill which is the only reason I'm not giving 5 stars.Special Features:
- Just fine for fine diningguitarchicaDined on 8/26/2014I went here for restaurant week and was satisfied with the overall experience, but not blown away. I probably won't revisit the restaurant. The ambiance was comfortable and I liked the location of the restaurant, and that the dining room was upstairs. The food was fine. I didn't find anything especially exceptional about it. The two highlights of my experience were the creme brûlée dessert (delicious!), and the service. The wait staff was very attentive, but not intrusive.Special Features:
- RJeanDined on 8/26/2014We came for Restaurant Week. It was our first visit, and it was just fabulous. The service was outstanding. All the items we chose for dinner were presented perfectly, and were just great. From the fresh bread, to the salad, crab cakes, New York Strip, Atlantic Cod and dessert (the Smore was to die for if you love dark chocolate), we really enjoyed it all. I would certainly return, especially to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining FantancyEatDrinkEnjoyDined on 8/26/2014Very chic contemporary ambience with décor perfect for a "loft" feel. Service was outstanding. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu choices, both in preparation and presentation. I would highly recommend the wine pairing options as the pairings blend perfectly with the meal courses and enhance each course. The owner visited our table a couple of times to assure that we were completely satisfied and to offer tidbits of information about our menu selections. It is readily apparent he truly cares about his guests having a memorable dining experience. This is somewhat pricy dining, but in this case, you really get more than you pay for, considering the fact that dining here is an exceptionally pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- Great, Innovative FoodMarisaDined on 8/26/2014I went to 1515 for Restaurant Week which made the slightly expensive menu reasonable to try many things. The food was plated beautifully and tasted delicious. The cauliflower veloute was so delicious. I also ordered the braised pork, accompanied by the truffle polenta was great! The duo of creme brulees was disappointing, though. Both were served lukewarm and the coffee creme brulee was overly liquidy. Overall, I'd return to 1515 and thought the food was great!Special Features:
- Very Happykimberly868Dined on 8/24/2014Have tried many new restaurants (to us) with many dissapointments. This was not one of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Decent but Service Not so muchPatrickDined on 8/23/2014We showed up and it took nearly 20 minutes before we were greeted by our server yet we were seating right in the middle of the main pathway AND other guests who came after us were welcomed and served promptly.Special Features:
- AMAZINGaaaaDined on 8/23/2014They call themselves a molecular gastronomy restaurant and they live up to that. Absolutely amazing food, incredible service, and an overall wonderful experience.Special Features:
- 1515 restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was good, service was excellent! My husband said steak was good, salad was also very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Great food, amazing elk steak, wagyu beef and wine list with some uniques cocktails. A place to try in lodo.
- Amazing steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014From the moment we arrive until we left everything was top notch, great service, unique craft cocktail, campfire whiskey, ipad wine list, and special the food, wagyu beef appetizer, that was cooked on the table by our server, and also we try the pork three ways and the elk. We finished our dinner with the crema brûlée. We cant wait to try more dishes at 1515. Great experience in general, a great restaurant to try.Special Features:
- Great Meal and ServiceFoodGeekDined on 8/2/2014We had a great meal, everything even the bar service has "in season" items. The service was wonderful, very attentive. In short, we could not have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1144 reviews are from the 1515 Restaurant reviews archive.
- gastro wonderfulbluebirdDined on 7/5/2014from the chef's tasting of a small bite of all things white (mushroom, coconut, potato, rice, chocolate), it was a taste experience. Definitely recommended, although the price range was a bit higher than advertised because they had just totally redone the menuSpecial Features:
- Delicious for DinnerslimDined on 7/3/2014I booked my reservation on July 3 and there was no one at the restaurant. At first, I wondered how the food was going to be since no one was there but realized after the appetizer that most people were probably trying to watch the fireworks somewhere. The food was delicious and there were many unique and interesting choices to try. Very romantic seating upstairs for a special occasion or just for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodbugDined on 7/1/2014This is one of the best meals I have ever had. The quality of the food, especially the meat, was exceptional. The flavor combinations were unique and delicious. I was actually sad to finish each course because it was over! I can't wait to go back. The owner and staff were incredibly helpful and friendly as well. An over all great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great RestaurantcagerVIPDined on 7/1/20141515 over the years is in my judgement one of the best restaurants in Denver. This restaurant is located on the second floor above the 1515 Bar. The menus choices are extensive and change fom time to time. The food preparation is excellent. The wine list is extensive and priced very reasonably considering what other Denver restaurants charge. I highly recommend this restaurant. It's a 5 star restaurant at a very affordable price. We celebrated our 37th anniversary at 1515 and we could not have been happier about our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fralphVIPDined on 6/14/2014An excellent dining experience away from the busy Larimer Street activity.Special Features:
- Too impressed with themselvesDezandDesVIPDined on 5/31/2014The good wasn't bad but certainly not worth the price they charge. I realize the menu is one person's I interpretation of good food but my husband and I certainly don't agree with their opinion.
- One of Denver's FinestFoodIsArtDined on 5/24/2014I chose 1515 with high expectations and was pleased with the outcome. The customer service was exceptional. I cannot remember our waiter's name, but he did an exceptional job at being knowledgeable and providing the highest level of customer service and professionalism. Also, the owner came to our table and greeted us, which showed his high level of dedication and commitment to his restaurant and to the quality of fine dinning at 1515. Furthermore, I was impressed with the wine list being on an iPad. Very modern and convenient. As for the food, the 8 course meal was enjoyable and the dishes were well prepared, thought provoking, and delicious. I'll definitely be recommending this place, and eating here frequently. Excellent job 1515!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fine dining we had in DenverPapahawkDined on 5/22/2014My wife & I had the tasting menu, I had the wine pairing. We found the dishes different(thats good) and very satisfying. I found the pairings very well done. We will return to this place if back in DenverSpecial Features:
- Perfect!terriDined on 5/17/2014We were celebrating my son's college graduation and 1515 was perfect! The food, atmosphere, service and overall presentation made the evening as wonderful and I had hoped. It actually exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger HeavanOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/14/2014The lunch burger special is awesome. $7 for a burger, fries and a beer is a great intro, especially since they grind their own from quality steak trimmings. I like the option to upgrade toppings and other microbeers. A great value and tasty. Fries were perfectly cooked and natural cut, house made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchLisaMarieDined on 5/11/2014The atmosphere was great. We were seated promptly, and given lots of space for our large party. The menu was okay, not a lot of choices. I ordered the King's Waffle and was disappointed with the presentation. My food tasted dry and old like it had been sitting out. Others in my party ordered the steak and eggs. Some enjoyed it others thought it was too rare for what they ordered their steaks cooked at. To me the restaurant seemed overly busy and stressed. Our waiter was too busy with other tables to cater to us accordingly. Other than that, the restaurant was beautiful. Although I'd recommend that the staff keep better tabs on the restrooms, they were lacking in hand towels and weren't clean.Special Features:
- Inventive and Creative FoodshungryladyDined on 5/11/20141515 has wonderfully different foods using common flavors in uncommon ways. They do experimentation with food until they come up with new and fun preparations and dishes. Their Test Kitchen is a great experience as well.Special Features:
- Overwhelmed on Mother's Day?CopperTopperVIPDined on 5/11/2014Had mother's day brunch at this restaurant. We were 10 people. The place was very nice and beautifully appointed. The manager even gave out long stemmed roses to all of the women at the table. The menu sounded great, but the service was very slow and the food came out cold and was just OK. Perhaps during a regular dinner service our experience would be different, but with so many great places in the area, I think it will be a while before I return.
- Nice place, bad foodlwestyDined on 5/11/2014I booked a brunch for Mother's Day here. Reviews were good and they had a special menu that day. Loved the ambiance. Food was terrible. The idea of the food was solid but just tasted cheap. And it was not cheap. Some things were just bland and some things were so salty I could barely get it down. The steak was funky-couldn't finish it. Dessert was blah. Totally not worth the trip or expense.Special Features:
- BoringJoshDined on 5/10/20141515 was very pricey and the level of service, ambiance, and food/drink wasnt worth the price tag. With the quality of resturants in Denver 1515 needs to step up every aspect of their operation or decrease their prices.Special Features:
- Great food & ordinary wine pairingsSandyDined on 5/7/2014My husband and I were anxious to try the special approach to food promised by this restaurant so we chose the 6 course tasting menu with wine pairings. The food was fresh, innovative and very interesting. The wine pairings, on the other hand, did not rise to that level. Although they complemented the food in general, by not clashing with it, the selections were very ordinary. This is a pity because the hard work of the kitchen was match by equal creativity in the cellar selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasty nasty nastyAsdfDined on 5/3/2014It wasn't quite up to standards that I would expect
- It was not what we expectedBurnemupDined on 5/3/2014I read the reviews and was very excited to dine at 1515. We ordered martini's with no vermouth but we both got vermouth. The waiter said that our drinks didn't have vermouth but we insisted they did and he finally got new ones. My husband ordered the bison and was told they were out so we both ordered the beef tenderloin, purple potatoes and mushrooms. We were totally taken by surprise when our plates arrived. We didn't realize that the menu reflected a modernist cuisine. It would have been wonderful if the wait staff had explained the menu to us so we were prepared. The tenderloin and mushrooms were well prepared but the pool of liquid purple potatoes was off putting and too sweet. For us, 1515 was just ok and a little dissappointing.Special Features:
- specialfralphVIPDined on 5/3/2014An excelent place for private parties and quiet dining. Fine service and concern with guests satisfactionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovestodineoutDined on 4/26/2014We had a good evening. It is a bit pricey for what you get and we asked to split a salad and they charged an extra $5.00 to split it. We would have just used one of our bread plates to do it on our own if we'd known that. But, the food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining room, bad entry areaToughCriticVIPDined on 4/23/2014While the dining room is very quiet and elegant, the entry area on the first floor feels like an out-of-service bar. Service was great. Probably a good place for large groups.Special Features:
- Amazed we'd not eaten here!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch was our first time eating at 1515 and it was spectacular. We had shrimp and grits, mushroom tart, and soup for the apps. Mains were steak and egg and the pork benedict. Desserts were creme brulee two ways, chocolate cake and doughnuts. Everything was delicious and we can't wait to try dinner! Also, I thought their prices were comparable to other restaurants. I don't know if everyone who complains is just used to the $10 plate at chili's or what. Quality. Not quantity.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL FINDDCPNJPDined on 4/19/2014We discovered 1515 through the Center for the Arts site. It was one of their recommendations. We are very glad we found it! Wonderful food and atmosphere- We do not live in Denver but will definitely go back and try one of the multi-course offerings with wine pairings. We didn't feel we had time this visit as we were attending a show at the Arts Center. Allison was our server and she was very helpful in her explanations of the different food choices. Everthing we ordered was excellent and prepared beautifully. We have already recommended 1515 to our friends when they visit Denver.Special Features: