1515 Market Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1515restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3035710011x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm. Sundays for private functions, Easter, Mother's Day (special prixe fixe menu) and 2nd Sunday of each month for 1515 Test Kitchen Dinners. Visit 1515restaurant.com for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonas Halstead
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Gene for details at 303-571-0011.
Banquet Facilities: Our three banquet rooms can entertain your group of 30, 60 and 90 for sit-down functions, or 200 guests for cocktail and hors d’oeuvres. Let us help plan your wedding, rehearsal, Holiday and corporate parties. View the Banquet section on our website for more details.
- Entertainment: 1515 Lounge offers craft drinks, house infused liquors and soft music.
Looking for a place to relax? Come check out our Lounge where you can get one of our specialty cocktails or your own favorite concoction made with the freshest ingredients.
Planning a birthday party, office party, or just a gathering of friends, check out our lower level lounge where you have a private bar and your own bartender!
- Special Events: Join us for an exquisitely prepared five and seven course dinner for less than $12 per course plus dessert prepared specially for you by chef Jonas Halstead or just order from our regular lunch and dinner menu. Our service staff will be more than happy to pair each course with a special glass of wine, beer or craft drinks at a reasonable price.
- Cross Street: 16th Street Mall
- Public Transit: Take Light Rail to 16th Street Mall and take Mall shuttle to Market Street Station. Within walking distance to all major downtown hotels, convention center and ball parks.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary garage parking for dinner guests at 16th Market Square. The indoor parking is located in the last building on your left on Market Street before 16th Street Mall. Valet available with our neighbor, P.F. Chang's Restaurant.
A word from 1515 Restaurant
1515 is sending out plates that knock people back in their seats and make the ladies swoon” -Jason Sheehan, Westword; “Award of Excellence” -Wine Spectator 2001 through 2014; ABC, Channel 7 A-List Winner American Cuisine. An independent fine dining establishment located in the heart of Denver, 1515 Restaurant offers a relaxing yet sophisticated environment in which to enjoy some of Colorado’s most distinctive flavors. The Modern American menu, combining molecular gastronomy with classic cooking, is splashed with European flair, creating a memorable, one-of-the-kind fusion known as the eatery’s “eclectic Colorado cuisine”. Some enticing menu creations include the critically acclaimed Foie Gras Duo, Lobster Newburg, Colorado Lamb, Elk Steak, Duck, Steak and 100% pure strain Wagyu Beef from 7X Cattle Company. The seasonal menus provide new tastes to tempt your palate. Craft drinks, 450+ bottle wine cellar and in-house sommelier to help with the perfect pairing at the perfect price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
1515 Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
1515 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (54)romantic (48)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (37)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)great for lunch (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Never disappointsFantasticVIPDined on 10/18/2014Centrally located, you can't go wrong with 1515. We were able to find parking right in front of the building and were seated next to a window which gives an active, yet interesting view of 16th street. We shared the Duck Two Ways and the Beef Tenderloin; both were cooked to perfection. Gene of course came by our table to say hello and ensure that we were satisfied. They never disappoint.Special Features:
- Amazing & delicious.FitFoodieDined on 10/17/2014Everything was great. Service was impeccable. The cherry dessert was to die for. Still dreaming about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOutstandingDined on 10/17/2014What a great find! Outstanding food, service and ambiance. Our waiter, Marcello, was impeccable. The owner visited our table several times, including serving the meal. Each course was prepared to perfection. The appetizer of Frog Legs and Escargot was delectable. Don't be shy, try it, a guarantee you will like it. I could go on and on about the whole meal. An excellent establishment.Special Features:
- A little surpriselovinlifeVIPDined on 10/17/2014When we walked into 1515 we were a bit concerned because the bottom level of the restaurant was just a bar and didn't look that appealing to us. We were then taken upstairs to the restaurant and were completely surprised. The food was great. They worked hard to accommodate a friend who had a gluten allergy as well. Overall we had a nice experience, but just had no idea that this restaurant had been around for so long.Special Features:
- Average Experience at BestSFSGSWDined on 10/17/2014Waitress had blasé affect. Service was slow. We had a large group but reservations were made and it seemed as though there were only 3 people in the restaurant. Had to wait 10 minutes to be seated. Drinks were spilled and waitress' food knowledge was incorrect (ie, for the sides, didn't know what we were getting until it was brought it out). Maybe the kitchen was slow and it wasn't her fault, but we didn't receive food until 30 minutes after ordering, which made us late for the rest of the day. Would not recommend for large groups; perhaps not even for small groups. If this service at lunch time on a weekday is indicative of how service normally is, I can't imagine going during a Saturday night.
- a must goBalooDined on 10/15/2014Top-notch quality dining experience from the ambience, superb service and high quality food and presentation! Great wine list. Gene Tang, helped assure that our Dinner - before leaving Denver - was memorable for my wife and me. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceordinaryfolks12Dined on 10/11/2014it took the waiter a while to get wine for my wife and to replace my ice tea. Food and presentation was very good. There was a couple next to us receiving a lot of attention, perhaps they were celebrities of some sort. Still, we did pay for our meal like everyone else. We did come a long way to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014This is a great spot for a date night or special occasion. Our waiter was great and very knowledgeable. The wine list is incredible and so is the duck! The decor is very romantic and the bar scene downstairs was packed for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun dining experiencehungryladyDined on 9/23/20141515 always has innovative and interesting food that is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The staff was exceptional and the food was phenomenal. The sommelier paired our lamb and beef dishes with a special bottle of wine. We couldn't have asked for a better experience for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Gastronomy LiteAre09Dined on 9/10/2014The first time I dined here in early Summer it was interesting and delicious. The Brussel Sprouts were the best thing I had ever eaten. The beet salad was prepared with beets three different ways. One was a beet ribbon with deconstructed olives as a sauce. This time the meal was good but nothing special. If there was anything made special with molecular gastronomy the waiter did not inform us and I couldn't tell. It make me wonder if it is the same chef.Special Features:
- Fantastic!lovetoeatDined on 9/6/2014Terrific food - fabulous service - owner came by and surprised us with some goodies - just all around wonderful!Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!FlexibullDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I were here for the first time and was simply amazed! My wife travels for work (eats out a lot with clients) and is not easily impressed. Before the meal was over we were thinking of friends to bring along with us the next time we come! Gene and the team of servers were very attentive! We started with the scallops and smoked salmon appetizers. Then the Watermelon and Late Summer salads. Main course was the Duck two ways and the Bouillabaisse. For dessert we split a Peach Melba. Can't wait till next time!Special Features:
- Great!mutzfishDined on 8/30/2014Great food, good sized portions. In a great location. NO complaints. Perfect for a nice occasion.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We have a great experience, good drinks, good food and great service.Special Features:
- Best meal ever, true fine dining.OklahomakandkDined on 8/30/2014The 6 course dinner was amazing. The food and presentation was exquisite. The ingredients were carefully selected,creative and tasteful. The chefs work in an environment where quality and creativity is nurtured. Our hats off to all for a truly memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!harrycDined on 8/30/2014What a great meal for Restaurant Week! All of the courses were excellent!!Special Features:
- Why have we waited so long?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I dined at 1515 Restaurant last Saturday evening. My question is, "Why have we waited so long?". While initially the service was a little slow, our waiter picked up the pace and provided excellent service. We enjoyed three outstanding courses. It was evident that nothing but the freshest of ingredients were used to prepare our meal. We can't quit talking about our experience and can't wait to go back!
- Had hoped for a better experienceRaisin226VIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I were visiting friends in the Denver area and decided to try this restaurant. We read the reviews before booking. Because it was a Friday night on a holiday weekend, we made a reservation. The earliest OpenTable reservation available was 8:45pm but when we arrived almost half the restaurant had tables available which annoyed the guys. It was restaurant week and two of our party took advantage of the specials offered. The regular menu had only three items that were the same as the one on line and did not really appeal to my palate so that was a little disappointing. Staff was attentive and informative. Towards the end of the meal, the music from the disco became very loud (we were on the 2nd floor).Special Features:
- Almost thereCPdinerVIPDined on 8/29/20141515 wants to be the place to go if you're craving "Top Chef" food. Their menu is great, their flavor profiles are great, but we noticed a few miss- steps in preparation. We attended during restaurant week, so maybe items were pre-prepared, but here's a list of problems. Bread, slightly doughy. Amuse, very tasty, looked a little dried out on the edges. App, cauliflower velouté , not hot enough. Entree, cod over-cooked, sous vide beef, underdone. Dessert, delicious, creamy Creme Brulee with a soggy top rather than made-to-order flamed crust. We will try again, as all food tasted great, just need attention to details to make this a top-notch dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal!PCcatDined on 8/29/2014We went with friends during Denver Restaurant Week and had a fabulous meal. I think this is one of the best restaurants in Denver. The dining room upstairs had soft ambient lighting with exposed brick walls, modern, yet comfortable.Food was very innovative and delicious. Each course had an unusual combination of complex flavors. Loved the crabcake appetizer and the main course Kurobuta pork melted in my mouth, best pork I've had. Wines on the wine pairing menu blended well with each course The owner stopped by several times and even helped serve some of the courses. Waiter was very helpful, friendly and efficient, but not obtrusive. Also, complimentary parking in the adjacent covered garage was an added bonus. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good ambiancehawkeye84Dined on 8/29/2014Good feel and neighborhood is prime spot. Parking can be a pain but is tolerable. Manager came to table to make sure everything is ok. Food is delicious and the pork was very good and the fat kept it most and more flavorful. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightRebishop6Dined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of eating here last week for the Denver Restaurant Week and had an amazing time! The service was impeccable and the food was to to-die-for! Every dish was more impressive and delicious than the last, and I highly recommend doing the wine pairing. Hope to definitely go back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best 5280OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014This is one of the best restaurant week menu we try so far, we try the NY steak and the Alaskan cod, everything was amazing, creme Brulle, one of the best in town and service just perfect timing with food and drinks, thank you 1515 for a great experience.Special Features:
- DeliciousLisaMDined on 8/28/2014The crab cakes, cauliflower soup, New York strip and creme brulee were all amazing. The owner, Gene, circulates the rooms talking to each customer to ensure satisfaction.Special Features:
- dining outDelightedDinerDined on 8/27/2014Innovative menu items, lovely presentation, Excellent, flavorful food. Comfortable ambience. Service was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Poor ServiceKikiDined on 8/27/2014Myself and two friends dined at 1515 on a Wednesday during restaurant week. While the food was delicious the service was abysmal. The amuse bouche didn't come out for 45 mins and it continued from there. We opted to do the wine pairing and were not told what the wines were when they were finally brought. We had to ask for them at every course. I understand a restaurant being busy but instead of just apologizing our waitress chose to point out the obvious that they were busy.Special Features:
- Fairly Decent ExperiencetarragonDined on 8/27/2014First of all, our service was amazing but the ambiance and food quality was lacking. I'm not sure if there was a sorority function at this restaurant but I, along with my two other male friends, sat in the backroom that contained 20 or so other identical looking college-aged girls that were less than pleasant to the same server that I loved. They were downright rude, at least the group of four girls sitting next to us, to everyone around them so their presence definitely dampened the evening. Though my friends seemed to enjoy their food, mine left much to be desired. We ordered out of the restaurant week menu. I had the soup which had a beautiful presentation but no taste. For mains, I had the pork and the cut I received was almost all fat.Special Features:
- Disappointed..ToughCustomerDined on 8/27/2014Have been here multiple times before and it was always great. This time it was weak, at best. Our server was terrific and did all she could to make it an nice evening but the restaurant week menu was bland in general. Steak was tough, pork had no seasoning, soup was awful! Had to request salt and pepper. Crabcakes were okay and the dessserts were good. Bartender screwed up basic drinks 3 tiimes! YIKES! Don't know what happened. Never asked for a mgr before but did this time! Too bad. We used to love this restaurant. Maybe we'll check back in a year...
- DeliciousstevekDined on 8/26/2014The food, service and ambiance were all outstanding. The proprietor, Gene Tang, helped assure that the evening was memorable for my wife and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As close to perfection as possibleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Our evening at 1515 was beyond expectation. The imaginative chef delivers! From the imaginative appetizer to the amazing dessert, it was an extraordinary dining experience. I hope you will try this place, one of Denver's finest.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014This was our second time at 1515 and once again the food was amazing. My husband and I both took advantage of the restaurant week menu. My cod was perfectly cooked and my husband loved his pork. The other two courses were excellent as well. There was a small mix-up with our bill which is the only reason I'm not giving 5 stars.Special Features:
- Just fine for fine diningguitarchicaDined on 8/26/2014I went here for restaurant week and was satisfied with the overall experience, but not blown away. I probably won't revisit the restaurant. The ambiance was comfortable and I liked the location of the restaurant, and that the dining room was upstairs. The food was fine. I didn't find anything especially exceptional about it. The two highlights of my experience were the creme brûlée dessert (delicious!), and the service. The wait staff was very attentive, but not intrusive.Special Features:
- RJeanDined on 8/26/2014We came for Restaurant Week. It was our first visit, and it was just fabulous. The service was outstanding. All the items we chose for dinner were presented perfectly, and were just great. From the fresh bread, to the salad, crab cakes, New York Strip, Atlantic Cod and dessert (the Smore was to die for if you love dark chocolate), we really enjoyed it all. I would certainly return, especially to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining FantancyEatDrinkEnjoyDined on 8/26/2014Very chic contemporary ambience with décor perfect for a "loft" feel. Service was outstanding. Our server was extremely knowledgeable about the menu choices, both in preparation and presentation. I would highly recommend the wine pairing options as the pairings blend perfectly with the meal courses and enhance each course. The owner visited our table a couple of times to assure that we were completely satisfied and to offer tidbits of information about our menu selections. It is readily apparent he truly cares about his guests having a memorable dining experience. This is somewhat pricy dining, but in this case, you really get more than you pay for, considering the fact that dining here is an exceptionally pleasurable experience.Special Features:
- Great, Innovative FoodMarisaDined on 8/26/2014I went to 1515 for Restaurant Week which made the slightly expensive menu reasonable to try many things. The food was plated beautifully and tasted delicious. The cauliflower veloute was so delicious. I also ordered the braised pork, accompanied by the truffle polenta was great! The duo of creme brulees was disappointing, though. Both were served lukewarm and the coffee creme brulee was overly liquidy. Overall, I'd return to 1515 and thought the food was great!Special Features:
- Very Happykimberly868Dined on 8/24/2014Have tried many new restaurants (to us) with many dissapointments. This was not one of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Decent but Service Not so muchPatrickDined on 8/23/2014We showed up and it took nearly 20 minutes before we were greeted by our server yet we were seating right in the middle of the main pathway AND other guests who came after us were welcomed and served promptly.Special Features:
- AMAZINGaaaaDined on 8/23/2014They call themselves a molecular gastronomy restaurant and they live up to that. Absolutely amazing food, incredible service, and an overall wonderful experience.Special Features:
- 1515 restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was good, service was excellent! My husband said steak was good, salad was also very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.