1515 Market Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1515restaurant.com/
- Phone: 3035710011x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday-Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm. Sundays for private functions, Easter, Mother's Day (special prixe fixe menu) and 2nd Sunday of each month for 1515 Test Kitchen Dinners. Visit 1515restaurant.com for details.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonas Halstead
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call Gene for details at 303-571-0011.
Banquet Facilities: Our three banquet rooms can entertain your group of 30, 60 and 90 for sit-down functions, or 200 guests for cocktail and hors d’oeuvres. Let us help plan your wedding, rehearsal, Holiday and corporate parties. View the Banquet section on our website for more details.
- Entertainment: 1515 Lounge offers craft drinks, house infused liquors and soft music.
Looking for a place to relax? Come check out our Lounge where you can get one of our specialty cocktails or your own favorite concoction made with the freshest ingredients.
Planning a birthday party, office party, or just a gathering of friends, check out our lower level lounge where you have a private bar and your own bartender!
- Special Events: Join us for an exquisitely prepared five and seven course dinner for less than $12 per course plus dessert prepared specially for you by chef Jonas Halstead or just order from our regular lunch and dinner menu. Our service staff will be more than happy to pair each course with a special glass of wine, beer or craft drinks at a reasonable price.
- Cross Street: 16th Street Mall
- Public Transit: Take Light Rail to 16th Street Mall and take Mall shuttle to Market Street Station. Within walking distance to all major downtown hotels, convention center and ball parks.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary garage parking for dinner guests at 16th Market Square. The indoor parking is located in the last building on your left on Market Street before 16th Street Mall. Valet available with our neighbor, P.F. Chang's Restaurant.
A word from 1515 Restaurant
1515 is sending out plates that knock people back in their seats and make the ladies swoon” -Jason Sheehan, Westword; “Award of Excellence” -Wine Spectator 2001 through 2014; ABC, Channel 7 A-List Winner American Cuisine. An independent fine dining establishment located in the heart of Denver, 1515 Restaurant offers a relaxing yet sophisticated environment in which to enjoy some of Colorado’s most distinctive flavors. The Modern American menu, combining molecular gastronomy with classic cooking, is splashed with European flair, creating a memorable, one-of-the-kind fusion known as the eatery’s “eclectic Colorado cuisine”. Some enticing menu creations include the critically acclaimed Foie Gras Duo, Lobster Newburg, Colorado Lamb, Elk Steak, Duck, Steak and 100% pure strain Wagyu Beef from 7X Cattle Company. The seasonal menus provide new tastes to tempt your palate. Craft drinks, 450+ bottle wine cellar and in-house sommelier to help with the perfect pairing at the perfect price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1515 Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)fit for foodies (20)romantic (19)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Amazing steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014From the moment we arrive until we left everything was top notch, great service, unique craft cocktail, campfire whiskey, ipad wine list, and special the food, wagyu beef appetizer, that was cooked on the table by our server, and also we try the pork three ways and the elk. We finished our dinner with the crema brûlée. We cant wait to try more dishes at 1515. Great experience in general, a great restaurant to try.Special Features:
- Great Meal and ServiceFoodGeekDined on 8/2/2014We had a great meal, everything even the bar service has "in season" items. The service was wonderful, very attentive. In short, we could not have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gastro wonderfulbluebirdDined on 7/5/2014from the chef's tasting of a small bite of all things white (mushroom, coconut, potato, rice, chocolate), it was a taste experience. Definitely recommended, although the price range was a bit higher than advertised because they had just totally redone the menuSpecial Features:
- Delicious for DinnerslimDined on 7/3/2014I booked my reservation on July 3 and there was no one at the restaurant. At first, I wondered how the food was going to be since no one was there but realized after the appetizer that most people were probably trying to watch the fireworks somewhere. The food was delicious and there were many unique and interesting choices to try. Very romantic seating upstairs for a special occasion or just for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFoodbugDined on 7/1/2014This is one of the best meals I have ever had. The quality of the food, especially the meat, was exceptional. The flavor combinations were unique and delicious. I was actually sad to finish each course because it was over! I can't wait to go back. The owner and staff were incredibly helpful and friendly as well. An over all great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great RestaurantcagerVIPDined on 7/1/20141515 over the years is in my judgement one of the best restaurants in Denver. This restaurant is located on the second floor above the 1515 Bar. The menus choices are extensive and change fom time to time. The food preparation is excellent. The wine list is extensive and priced very reasonably considering what other Denver restaurants charge. I highly recommend this restaurant. It's a 5 star restaurant at a very affordable price. We celebrated our 37th anniversary at 1515 and we could not have been happier about our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fralphVIPDined on 6/14/2014An excellent dining experience away from the busy Larimer Street activity.Special Features:
- Too impressed with themselvesDezandDesDined on 5/31/2014The good wasn't bad but certainly not worth the price they charge. I realize the menu is one person's I interpretation of good food but my husband and I certainly don't agree with their opinion.
- One of Denver's FinestFoodIsArtDined on 5/24/2014I chose 1515 with high expectations and was pleased with the outcome. The customer service was exceptional. I cannot remember our waiter's name, but he did an exceptional job at being knowledgeable and providing the highest level of customer service and professionalism. Also, the owner came to our table and greeted us, which showed his high level of dedication and commitment to his restaurant and to the quality of fine dinning at 1515. Furthermore, I was impressed with the wine list being on an iPad. Very modern and convenient. As for the food, the 8 course meal was enjoyable and the dishes were well prepared, thought provoking, and delicious. I'll definitely be recommending this place, and eating here frequently. Excellent job 1515!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fine dining we had in DenverPapahawkDined on 5/22/2014My wife & I had the tasting menu, I had the wine pairing. We found the dishes different(thats good) and very satisfying. I found the pairings very well done. We will return to this place if back in DenverSpecial Features:
- Perfect!terriDined on 5/17/2014We were celebrating my son's college graduation and 1515 was perfect! The food, atmosphere, service and overall presentation made the evening as wonderful and I had hoped. It actually exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger HeavanOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/14/2014The lunch burger special is awesome. $7 for a burger, fries and a beer is a great intro, especially since they grind their own from quality steak trimmings. I like the option to upgrade toppings and other microbeers. A great value and tasty. Fries were perfectly cooked and natural cut, house made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day brunchLisaMarieDined on 5/11/2014The atmosphere was great. We were seated promptly, and given lots of space for our large party. The menu was okay, not a lot of choices. I ordered the King's Waffle and was disappointed with the presentation. My food tasted dry and old like it had been sitting out. Others in my party ordered the steak and eggs. Some enjoyed it others thought it was too rare for what they ordered their steaks cooked at. To me the restaurant seemed overly busy and stressed. Our waiter was too busy with other tables to cater to us accordingly. Other than that, the restaurant was beautiful. Although I'd recommend that the staff keep better tabs on the restrooms, they were lacking in hand towels and weren't clean.Special Features:
- Inventive and Creative FoodshungryladyDined on 5/11/20141515 has wonderfully different foods using common flavors in uncommon ways. They do experimentation with food until they come up with new and fun preparations and dishes. Their Test Kitchen is a great experience as well.Special Features:
- Overwhelmed on Mother's Day?CopperTopperVIPDined on 5/11/2014Had mother's day brunch at this restaurant. We were 10 people. The place was very nice and beautifully appointed. The manager even gave out long stemmed roses to all of the women at the table. The menu sounded great, but the service was very slow and the food came out cold and was just OK. Perhaps during a regular dinner service our experience would be different, but with so many great places in the area, I think it will be a while before I return.
- Nice place, bad foodlwestyDined on 5/11/2014I booked a brunch for Mother's Day here. Reviews were good and they had a special menu that day. Loved the ambiance. Food was terrible. The idea of the food was solid but just tasted cheap. And it was not cheap. Some things were just bland and some things were so salty I could barely get it down. The steak was funky-couldn't finish it. Dessert was blah. Totally not worth the trip or expense.Special Features:
- BoringJoshDined on 5/10/20141515 was very pricey and the level of service, ambiance, and food/drink wasnt worth the price tag. With the quality of resturants in Denver 1515 needs to step up every aspect of their operation or decrease their prices.Special Features:
- Great food & ordinary wine pairingsSandyDined on 5/7/2014My husband and I were anxious to try the special approach to food promised by this restaurant so we chose the 6 course tasting menu with wine pairings. The food was fresh, innovative and very interesting. The wine pairings, on the other hand, did not rise to that level. Although they complemented the food in general, by not clashing with it, the selections were very ordinary. This is a pity because the hard work of the kitchen was match by equal creativity in the cellar selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasty nasty nastyAsdfDined on 5/3/2014It wasn't quite up to standards that I would expect
- It was not what we expectedBurnemupDined on 5/3/2014I read the reviews and was very excited to dine at 1515. We ordered martini's with no vermouth but we both got vermouth. The waiter said that our drinks didn't have vermouth but we insisted they did and he finally got new ones. My husband ordered the bison and was told they were out so we both ordered the beef tenderloin, purple potatoes and mushrooms. We were totally taken by surprise when our plates arrived. We didn't realize that the menu reflected a modernist cuisine. It would have been wonderful if the wait staff had explained the menu to us so we were prepared. The tenderloin and mushrooms were well prepared but the pool of liquid purple potatoes was off putting and too sweet. For us, 1515 was just ok and a little dissappointing.Special Features:
- specialfralphVIPDined on 5/3/2014An excelent place for private parties and quiet dining. Fine service and concern with guests satisfactionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovestodineoutDined on 4/26/2014We had a good evening. It is a bit pricey for what you get and we asked to split a salad and they charged an extra $5.00 to split it. We would have just used one of our bread plates to do it on our own if we'd known that. But, the food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1124 reviews are from the 1515 Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great dining room, bad entry areaToughCriticVIPDined on 4/23/2014While the dining room is very quiet and elegant, the entry area on the first floor feels like an out-of-service bar. Service was great. Probably a good place for large groups.Special Features:
- Amazed we'd not eaten here!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/20/2014Easter brunch was our first time eating at 1515 and it was spectacular. We had shrimp and grits, mushroom tart, and soup for the apps. Mains were steak and egg and the pork benedict. Desserts were creme brulee two ways, chocolate cake and doughnuts. Everything was delicious and we can't wait to try dinner! Also, I thought their prices were comparable to other restaurants. I don't know if everyone who complains is just used to the $10 plate at chili's or what. Quality. Not quantity.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL FINDDCPNJPDined on 4/19/2014We discovered 1515 through the Center for the Arts site. It was one of their recommendations. We are very glad we found it! Wonderful food and atmosphere- We do not live in Denver but will definitely go back and try one of the multi-course offerings with wine pairings. We didn't feel we had time this visit as we were attending a show at the Arts Center. Allison was our server and she was very helpful in her explanations of the different food choices. Everthing we ordered was excellent and prepared beautifully. We have already recommended 1515 to our friends when they visit Denver.Special Features:
- Another great restaurant in Denvertastetester43Dined on 4/18/20141515 offers a fine dining experience that while fun and inventive, does not spare on taste. The staff was courteous, prompt, and knowledgeable, even steering us away from dishes that had not been lauded by many. The restaurant offers unique takes soup(s), salads, and various meats (elk, duck, NY strips, etc.) and has a daily fresh catch as well. Apparently the menu changes fairly often, which is another reason we will be returning fairly soon. A downtown treat that is located just outside of the bustle of Larimer squareSpecial Features:
- A favoriteRevTomVIPDined on 4/11/20141515 has become one of our downtown favorites before a concert or play. The dinners are always creative and wonderful, and the service is outstanding. One person in our party required a vegan meal, and that was also very nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KudosOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2014The menu was very interesting making choice difficult. Our choice of black garlic soup, beautifully presented, was rewarded with a rich complex dish. Another appetizer, spinach soufflé and braised leeks, made for a satisfying dinner. Our companion's lamb chops were a tender medium rare with innovative sides. We will go back to this elegant restaurant..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but Not Worth the PriceJessieDined on 4/5/2014The service was excellent! And the food was really delicious...it just wasn't worth the prices. I won't be going back.Special Features:
- I would not recommend thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2014I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. Unless you like spending money on an entrée that's the size of an appetizer for an outrageous price. The waiters attitude was pretentious and he looked put out when you asked him to explain the menu. If you have more dollars than sense than this restaurant will be for you!!!
- Strange scenewhatscookingVIPDined on 4/2/2014Food was great and service was perfect, but the bar scene on the ground floor and smell of stale chemicals took some ernest effort to overlook. Once the food came to the table all was well, but first impressions linger long. If there was some way to divert dinners around the bizarre bar area, a great service would be done for future guests.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant, withcarorteguitaVIPDined on 3/25/2014Excellent restaurant, with an exquisite menu! Pricey but definitely worth it for a special occasion. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business-dinner, great staff,JagmisterDined on 3/20/2014Business-dinner, great staff, interesting menu with a full bar. highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBarnzyDined on 3/12/2014This restaurant is the one and only place that my wife and I make sure we visit on every trip to Denver. The dishes are always so unique, and amazing, and the staff is alway so accommodating and pleasant. It is an upscale restaurant without the stuffiness, and uptightedness (not sure thats actually a word) of a typical upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprise findLoriDined on 3/9/2014Did not know we were booking a "special dinner". Came to the "test kitchen" dinner. Will try to make another one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected.PameladrixDined on 3/7/2014A Sub-par restaurant. Food looked very pretty, but lacked flavor. They have very good ideas of a dish, but truly need to work on their flavor. Appetizers : I had scallops, they were fair. My husband had the pork cheeks, which seemed to be covered in capers. Almost like someone spilled them in the dish. Main courses were cooked perfectly, but the 2 way bison had NO flavor.. NONE! The S'mores dessert was a huge disappointment. Could have been fabulous. But a failed attempt. The chef needs to go back to the drawing board. Keep the ideas, but put more thought in the actually food recipe's. TH hey should visit The Bazaar , and see what Molecular gastronomy really is. TH his restaurant has great potential, but needs to work on it.
- CustomerRosieDined on 3/7/2014I like 1515 Market. Food is always good. Ambience is always calm. You can actually have a conversation with the person you are dinning with.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Anniversary DinnerDougDined on 3/5/2014The first time we went to 1515 was for a Mother's Day Brunch, which the family enjoyed very much. So we decided that we would try 1515 for our anniversary dinner. The whole staff made our anniversary. The food was outstanding and the staff was attentive, but nor intrusive. Our server Teree was wonderful. The right amount of professionalism and personality. Thank you to the whole staff at 1515 for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your taste buds.GreatDined on 2/28/2014We went for restaurant week. The menu was surprising limited. The crab cakes I ordered for the first course was amazing. The main course lacked flavor it still exercised the pallette. The service was outstanding. From our main server and even the support staff. They also went out of their way to prepare something toddler friendly which wasn't on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HesitentBrusterDined on 2/28/2014Should we or not try it... Result..why not before and we'll be back soon, long walk up the stairs for a gimp, food and service outstanding.... Just as good as any place in Nalpes FLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.