1515 Restaurant & Lounge
1515 N. Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
1515 Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.1515wc.com/
- Phone: 9259391515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Gerardo Wence
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a full scope of catering and banquet services. Please inquire with our Special Event and banquet cordinator.
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursdays! Check our Facebook Page for details, and upcoming performances.
A word from 1515 Restaurant & Lounge
1515 Restaurant & Lounge voted Best of the East Bay three years running by the Diablo magazine, 1515 offers innovative and eclectic Californian Cuisine. Our wonderful menu includes fresh salads, seafood, steaks, pastas, and chicken dishes. Our fun tasty cocktails, are accompanied by an extensive wine list. We have selections for any kind of appetite with both small, and large plates. Serving lunch, and dinner daily with mouth watering dessert menu. Enjoy the weather with our outdoor patio, or cozy up with your sweetheart at our chic up and downstairs bar, lounges, and dining rooms. Private banquet facilities available, reserve your party now.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1515 Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (15)great for lunch (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)special occasion (11)romantic (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Transplant from SFOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014After living in San Francisco for many years and dining at excellent restaurants of all price ranges Walnut Creek has been quite a let down for a foodie like myself. After trying all of the local hot spots 1515 is the only restaurant I am consistently eagar to try again. The tuna tar tar app is always fresh, traditional with just enough of a unique flair. I also love the mixed seafood grill. The variety is extremely satisfying and topped with the perfect amount of sauce without overwhelming the dish! If the food isn't enough they also have a unique wine list! Offering Lange Twins wine is always a quick way to my heart! Great reds & whites at a very reasonable price!l All in all a great meal at a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food, very good servicealankoenDined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed the freshness of the food and the very good service. Our waiter was responsive to our questions and even the need to speed the dinner up since we had another commitment in a short time after. The portions were generous and the food very tasty. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1515 rates 1515 out of 1515CalDinerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great service! Noisy inside due to what may have been bridal shower table. Asked to move outside during mid evening. Servers accommodated sans question. Then it was a little cold so again we moved to an outside table by the heaters. Perfecto! And jambalaya (enjoy it spicy!) was superb. Raspberry cocktail (vodka) also good. Terrific time for my girlfriend, her friend from out of town and me, especially for our 1st time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodAnushaDined on 8/22/2014There were 4 of us celebrating a birthday. We brought a bottle of champagne-they brought out flutes. Had to send back the flutes twice-dirty. The food overall we enjoyed. I had the ahi sliders and would recommend--they were a little bit too tepid, although I realize the ahi has to be rare. Two of my friends had the seafood salad and they loved it. My other friend had the halibut tacos-also very good--there were 3. Our server was okay--I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014I have never been to this restaurant before and was pleasantly surprised. We were seated outside, at our request. It was a beautiful day, warm and sunny. My friend and I had a lot to chat about so didn't actually order food for quite some time. Our waitress was very understanding and patient. She never hovered but when we ready she was right there. I had the special of the day. Fried Prawn sandwich with a little house salad on the side. The sandwich was outstanding. Prawn were not greasy and had a very fresh taste. It was served on a chibatta roll with home made aeoli .The dressing on the salad was very light and perfectly seasoned. I will definetly be back to try other items. It was hard to make a selection!Special Features:
- good foodawesomeDined on 8/17/2014good food, good happy hour, good spot in WC. Check it outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightTeshDined on 8/15/2014The food was great. Service was excellent. We will be going back. It was a perfect date night for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/9/2014It took 45 minutes to get served. It wasn't even that busy. The server as very nice but there was clearly some staffing problems.Special Features:
- Greatly improved.RioPalidinDined on 7/31/2014We had been to the restaurant a couple of times when it opened and were disappointed. However we tried it again and they have significantly improved both the menu and food, We also appreciated a quiet room and very good service and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local findXpressoDined on 7/30/2014I haven't found a restaurant that I think is a SF quality restaurant in the East Bay, but this is definitely one. The service was neutral-our waiter was less than attentive and seemed quite disinterested in serving us.Special Features:
- fabulous timemint2beDined on 7/24/2014We came here as a group of six. We started at the bar during happy hour and were very well taken care of. We had great drinks, a great dinner and wonderful service for the entire 4 hours we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely lunchPattyVIPDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time to eat a meal at 1515. We had lunch outside on a beautiful day in Walnut Creek. Both of us had salads. The presentation was beautiful, perfectly dressed and so very flavorful. I'll be back for lunch again!Special Features:
- Good FoodMealTicketDined on 7/6/2014Loved the sliders! Enjoyed all the food we had that evening from the wedge salad to the fried raviolis.Special Features:
- DisappointedChesterDined on 7/3/2014I've been here several times and considered it a fair value, but our last visit was lacking. The food was underseasoned and under done. The waiter was spread too thin so the service was poor.Special Features:
- Good Place2Get Together w FriendsAthenasOrionDined on 6/27/2014This place is pretty good for meeting up and catching up with good ol' friends. The ambiance is warm and pretty upbeat as the night went along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServiceInvestowizDined on 6/26/2014Exceptionally good wait staff. Food was very good. Noise level high around the bar area. Quieter in the side room. Outside looked really good, just a little cool for the three of us that day.Special Features:
- Food was tasty, ambiance lackingfrankyDined on 6/22/2014My sea food mix grill and my wife's dish of mussels were both very tasty. For the sea food mix grill, I think the sauce made the dish. It had two scallops, 2 shrimp, and a piece of sea bass and a piece of salmon. The fish looked like scraps. It came with nicely grilled summer vegetables and grilled polenta. Our opening Caesar salad was very sour, as if there were a double dose of lemon juice. We should have rejected it. Our dessert was a perfect tart berry cobbler - not overly sweet. The indoor part of the restaurant was small and not decorated nor nicely lit. Maybe the restaurant is all about the open air part which fronts N. Main St. in Walnut Creek. However, for me, it was just too close to a lot of car traffic to be enjoyable.Special Features:
- Kitchen is lackingKayKayVIPDined on 6/15/2014Went there for brunch on Fathers Day. My daughter ordered crab benedict. The plate came without the crab! The waitress brought her a bowl of crab after we pointed it out to her. Coffee arrived without a saucer or spoon, had to ask for one. Just lacking in attention to details. I would not recommend this place.
- It's been betterKillingemsoftlyDined on 6/13/2014We went at the wrong time plus our waitress was leaving next week...for good.
- Excellent food & serviceOneofmyfavoritesDined on 6/9/2014Excellent food & service is always a great combination. We loved the calamari, crab cakes & prime rib. The service by Brenna matched the great food. This prelude was a great start to our "Paint Nite" which was held upstairs. I may have to drink fewer margaritas in the future prior to painting, but what a fun night.Special Features:
- Great Lunch Spotgslover60VIPDined on 5/26/2014We had a very pleasant time. The caipirinhas were small but tasty and the grilled artichoke was tough but my fish taco was excellent and my friend loved her French onion soup.
- The following 576 reviews are from the 1515 Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Portion Control, No Cost ControlOut4FoodDined on 5/17/2014While the service was outstanding, dinner choices were overpriced considering the small portions that we received. The prices are just not reasonable for the amount of food that arrives on your plate.Special Features:
- Crowded and noisy but food is okJenAndSteveDined on 5/16/2014Because the food was nothing special I would not recommend it. It was loud and crowded. People were nice though. There are better venues in walnut creek.Special Features:
- nice!gsmithDined on 5/7/2014Good service, good food, good location. Nice hang out spot with friends/co-workersSpecial Features:
- Good hamburgerOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/29/2014I ate here with my husband and friends. I had a very disappointing beet salad, that was mostly sliced fennel. My husband cut off a piece of his hamburger, and it was very good. The stars are for the hamburger, not the fennel salad. Our friends had the club sandwich, and they did not say much. It looked okay, but if I go there again, I will stick with the hamburger.
- Just OkayOkayDined on 4/26/2014Seated promptly, friendly staff. Lobster Chowder was very tasty however served Luke warm at best. Difficult to hold a conversation across the table Found wine list weak and very heavily weighted to Whites. Will try lunch or Brunch doubt would return for dinner.Special Features:
- SmittenRudolphVIPDined on 4/24/2014Fabulous dinner with girlfriends during Restaurant Week, food portions were perfect. Delicious desserts (homemade tiramisu, caramel apple bread pudding, chocolate cookie melt). The yummiest spicy jambalaya I've tasted so far, took me back to New Orleans aka Nawlins. It was so good, I ordered another batch to go. Nice patio area to dine with friends, as there is a TV above the fire place. We were watching hockey and basketball while catching up. Yummy food, delicious drinks, and great ambiance - trifecta of happiness!Special Features:
- Joy2theworldDined on 4/24/2014Our first time to eat at 1515 but definately not our last! Food and service were wonderful!Special Features:
- Continuing improvementBelgoVIPDined on 4/18/2014The experience of coming here keeps improving. They used to show sports at the TV's at the bar, so it used to be impossible to have a normal conversation with table mates from the overflowing sounds from the bar. So the atmosphere has much improved. The service has also improved a good deal, also. The food is also quite tasty and reasonably priced. Both food and drink portions are generous. Overall, this place is a good value for a pleasant dining experience in downtown Walnut Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great service-wineanddineVIPDined on 4/11/2014Great Food and Great service- what more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerMomof3ondatenightDined on 4/5/2014Food was good. We made reservations and got a table. We didn't realize the other side of the restaurant was much more energetic and vibrant, with loud music. Drinks were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceADMoVIPDined on 4/4/2014First time here. The service was great as was the food. The back room was very loud which made it hard to talk. Otherwise we had a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome happy hourLateLunchGirlVIPDined on 3/28/2014Their happy hour is filled with a menu filled with great food and drinks. Even though the cucumber margarita is not on the happy hour list, it is definitely worth the price!Special Features:
- The food was wonderful. LovedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/26/2014The food was wonderful. Loved the dining room. Nice and quiet.Special Features:
- New placeCashinDined on 3/18/2014Went there for the first time. Going on a second date and wanted to find a local place that had a nice feel. We went on a Tuesday night and it wasn't very crowded. Sat outside and it might have been just a little too cold but it was a great patio and during the warmer months it would be a great location. Service was very good, waiter very attentive and helpful with the menu items. Food was tasty, got cold pretty fast and I couldn't tell if it was served a little on the cold side or just because we were outside it got cold?? Good flavor, smaller portions but felt it was worth the money. Great drink menu and interesting cocktails. Overall it was a good dining experience. I'd go back again and try it. I might eat inside this time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worse service ever, food wasddmontyDined on 3/15/2014Worse service ever, food was not that great will not return.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/14/2014Really enjoyed our first time to this restaurant. The food was very good, and the presentation was excellent. Our attentive server made this a dining experience I look forward to repeating.Special Features:
- Good time at a fun restaurantRoblDined on 3/14/2014The service was impeccable. We started with the oyster sampler and it was fresh and fantastic. For our main we had sea bass and the special which was halibut both were fantastic. The service was perfect at your shoulder whenever you needed something. I will return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quite good, not outstandingdatenightVIPDined on 3/14/2014The cocktails are good, but there have been no changes in the menu in years. We often order small plates, and the gnocchi, a tuna tartare are quite good. The caprese and crab cakes are good too. The shrimp scampi is also good, but unusual. The seared halibut was fresh and good, and the accompanying sides of chard and couscous are fine but not 'interesting'. This place is consistently good, but could stand to experiment with variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were two ladies out forMimiVIPDined on 3/13/2014We were two ladies out for lunch and this was perfect. It was a beautiful day and we ate on the patio. Food was light but satisfying and the service very good. Recommend it for sure and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.