15 Walnut Local Bistro
15 Walnut Rd
Hamilton, MA 01982Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
15 Walnut Local Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.15walnut.com/
- Phone: 9784682400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sam Hunt
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 15 Walnut Local Bistro
Local Handcrafted FoodContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
15 Walnut Local Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- A wonderful treasure in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2014A wonderful treasure in our area--warm, welcoming, terrific food, great service. And we are so thankful the sushi menu is back--especially the 15 Walnut roll!Special Features:
- Great SpoteatoutalwaysVIPDined on 3/27/2014We come here frequently and are never disappointed. The food is consistently great and the staff is very friendly. It can get fairlly crowded and a bit noisy, but not too loud to effect a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had been here maybe 4 orOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/17/2014We had been here maybe 4 or 5 times and usually had great food. This time it was ok. The menu sounded great and it was almost impossible to choose. But the fried artichokes had a thick batter on them and were not very golden brown. Beet salad was excellent. All the wood fired items were not wood fired because the hood wasn't even working. (We didn't realize this until we got our food). I guess I feel like our server should have explained that. So everything that should have been roasted and caramelized were pretty soft and beige and not very exciting. Also they sous vide the chicken too long. It was gummy. This visit wasn't terrible, I just think based on the menu and our previous visits we had higher expectations. our drinks were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedJeffVIPDined on 3/15/2014We hadnt been to 15 Walnut in about 1 1/2 years because we were so dissappointed the last time we went (more by the atmosphere and service than by the food). While the atmosphere and service still arent warm and inviting (they arent bad they're simply blah) the food more than made up for it. We had the tapas board to start and it was very good. All 3 of us were very happy with our entrees (scallops, steak tips, and duck). The chocolate molten cake that we shared was great. The entrees are a little pricy but you can get drinkable wine for $7 a glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't give it a second trycorgisDined on 3/15/2014Not a kid friendly restaurant at all. We had one child with us and we were seated in the very last table in the restaurant right next to the back door. When we approached the table I asked is this the kids room? Two people in our party ordered the same exact meal; the rib eye. One dish came out as you would expect a rib eye to be and cooked as asked (rare). The second dish came out half the thickness and a smaller in size and overdone. It was asked to be cooked medium rare. It was pre-cooked and then cooked again. When brought to the waiters attention he really didn't know what to say. He then asked if she would like to take the rest of her meal home! Manager never came over to apologize; nothing. Needless to say we will not be back.
- 15 Walnut - Nice birthday dinnerBrittopiaDined on 3/9/2014We went on a Sunday evening, so a lot more quiet than on a Saturday and Friday night. I made reservations, but did not need them. The bread basket had warm and yummy rolls. My husband ordered the scallop dish (kale and risotto) - recommended by the waitress and he loved it. My soon-to-be daughter-in-law ordered the large size lobster macaroni and cheese and said it was very tasty, but also very rich - a lot of food to take home. My son ordered the BBQ (Brussel sprouts). Also very good. I ordered the duck breast, (wild rice/figs and Brussel sprouts). Prepared nicely. The restaurant has an open feel. You can see into the kitchen. Nice bar. The sign out front had broken, so it only says '15 Wa' if you are looking for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedcheesepleaseVIPDined on 3/8/2014prices way high. portions too small. bread pudding not good or even warm. blood orange marg too sour. terribly poor menu knowledge from the server. pumpkin bisque was yummy. that's about it.
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014Since our last visit, the menu seems to have been redone. The short rib sandwich with triple cheese fondue and arugula was stellar. Great wine selections.Special Features:
- Nice menu with good potentialOctamaroonDined on 3/7/2014Ordered app of eggplant rollatini which was unusually prepared but a nice change of pace. Main course of steak tips was a disappointment as they were tough and chewy. Dinner companion ordered scallops and found them to be good but accompaniments were just so so. Bread and oil were the star of the show as well as an excellent cup of fresh brewed coffee. Tried lava cake for dessert and found it to be more like a brownie but definitely a chocolate craving satisfied! Surrounding parties were somewhat loud conversationalists but environment became more enjoyable once they finished their meal. 15 Walnut has the potential to be a neighborhood favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great but not badPamCDined on 3/1/2014This was not our first visit, and maybe our expectations were too high. The food was pretty good both in terms of selection and preparation...the bigger issue was the service. Several beers on the menu were unavailable, and our food came much too quickly with not enough time to chat over our cocktails. The whole evening felt rushed from the restaurant's point of view...but we don't do this often so were hoping to linger a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even betterljlblueVIPDined on 3/1/2014We are regulars here. They have updated the decor and changed the menu...but still the same great place. Friendly staff and great food.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!pinkymcgeeDined on 2/28/2014I love going to 15 Walnut; great food, nice, clean surroundings, good service. Not too expensive! Always have a difficult time deciding what to eat because of the varied selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Standby Gets BetterdebatecoachDined on 2/23/201415 Walnut has been a favorite of ours for years, and it has now become just a bit more upscale with a new menu (and higher prices) but still with a great ambience and many choices on the menu. We went for a quick Sunday supper and had the Wedge Salad and the 15 Walnut Salad, both of which were generous and delicious. For dinner, we shared the loaded nachos with pulled pork. We did not have room for a dessert. The waitstaff was attentive, and we enjoyed the wine-by-the-glass selections. 15 Walnut is consistently good. We've never left disappointed.Special Features:
- Our second time dining hereHerbDined on 2/14/2014Our second time dining here and we enjoyed it as much if not more than the first time. I had made 6:30 reservations and we were seated right away. We had drinks, shared the house salad had steak and salmon and the chocolate dessert special. A very enjoyable night night was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great wait personAMcoupleVIPDined on 2/8/2014We had a great wait person who allowed us to have a four couse dinner with split entees and appetizers. Started with the flat bread which was very nice followed by the "15 Walnut" salad also very good and then split two entrees the Bolognese pasta dish - she recommneded a small portion which was perfect and the short rib dinner (the kitchen wouldn't split as it come on top of potatoes and spinach) -but over all a very nice evening. Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad but a little disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014I took my daughter out to dinner. Service was courteous and quick with appetizers and drinks. Dinner however was subpar. First of all even my daughter remarked that it seemed to take forever to get our meals (we arrived at 6:30 and were receiving entrees at 7:45). She had the salmon which was over salted to the point that it was difficult to eat. I had the steak tips which tasted good but were a little cold - as were the whipped potatoes on the plate. For entrees that cost $22 each I was expecting more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet Wednesday nightRick23VIPDined on 2/5/2014On a cold night in February, 15 Walnut or the Nut as we locals call it, was quiet a peaceful. plenty of activity just not crowded. The service was great and the food excellent. I had two starters, the squash soup and dumplings and I wanted more of both. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Neighborhood StandbyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/19/2014Great service in a nice neighborhood setting. Wait staff is beyond friendly and professional, and the bar staff is exceptional. A new menu recently put in needs some work, as some of their long-time stand outs were eliminated (why oh why did they get rid of their mussels!?!?) but overall they do a pretty good job with the food. Sushi is always excellent, and they have one of the best burgers on the North Shore. The fish dishes usually excel and their small plates are a good bet. Not inexpensive, but you usually get what you pay for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favorite.KmcmDined on 12/31/2013I have been to two other restaurants in the area owned by the same owner and I have always had a pleasant dining experience. I have frequented these restaurants. Great food and drink, a little on the expensive size for small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New years eveJaneDined on 12/31/2013Overall excellent server asked a little too often if we were ready to order dinner too close to having been served expensive but delicious calamari and sushi Scallops, haddock, steak and salmon entrees excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chocolate Lava Cake was excellent.PatriceDined on 12/31/2013Chocolate Lava Cake was excellent. Would like to see the short ribs returned to the menu and remain on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had dinner on New Years Eve.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Had dinner on New Years Eve. Food was great, service too. It was on the early side so not too noisy or crowded. I've been there twice before and haven't been disappointed yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!LocalfoodieVIPDined on 12/30/2013Food is creative and tasty! The butternut squash soup is wonderful....as are the scallops! Alos, many thanks to the restauarnt for bringing back the Monday oysters and the wild mushroom flatbread pizzas! Really can't go wrong with anything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory Seasonal ScintillationsJayBofMADined on 12/27/2013The service was cheerfuland attentive yetnot overbearing. And our courses delivered without delay. Their French Onion soup was flavorful, topped with a crisp Croton and just the right amount of gruyere. Their Poached Pear & Roasted Beet and Caeser salads were generous, and the roasted red and golden beets were delicious with just the right amount of dressing and banded with crumbled bacon. Their Crispy Calamari appetizer was as flavorful and tender as it was crispy. We sat in the airy bar for the first time, got caught up in the Bruins win, so ordered their burgers, which were cooked to perfection and topped with perfectly crisped bacon and flavorful caramelized onions. This will continue to be a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!JeffVIPDined on 12/23/201315 Walnut is a gem, food is fantastic and the sushi rolls are some of the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.BettyGDined on 12/21/2013My husband and I always have an excellent meal here. Service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local and DeliciousFranDined on 12/21/2013I had the Salmon BLT and it was absolutely perfection! My kids had the sirloin steak tips (from grass-fed cows) with sweet potato fries. Enjoyable atmosphere and delicious food! You can't beat it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is another restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2013This is another restaurant in the Alchemy, Latitude 43, Maggie's Farm group and it works. Wait staff is better than most places we dine and the food is top notch. The location is deceiving situtated in a strip mall in Hamilton but worth the visit. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great varietyLovetohikeVIPDined on 12/19/201315 Walnut offers a great variety from flatbread through to sushi with great starters, mains, vegetarian options and speciality drinks. The ambience is always great as is the set up of the restaurant. None of the tabes is too close to the other. Darren, our waiter is one of the friendliest and knowledgeable servers we have encountered.Special Features:
- Great food at a great price!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2013They had great starters, main course, and dessert. I would recommend trying them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2013since renovation, it has become a regular spot for the environs. Terrific beer selection and acceptable wines. Food is very good. Pizzas on the menu are funky combinations, but they will customize. I'm not a fan of high top tables and they have a lot, but if you're lucky they'll seat you at a lower table just for drinks if you agree to finish up by the time the dinner reservation appears. The makeover is a success.Special Features:
- great place to eatljlblueVIPDined on 12/1/2013We have been here several times now and have always had gray fluid and great friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceLovetohikeVIPDined on 11/24/2013We love the Serinitee chain. 15 Walnut is one of favorites for consistently great food with innovative touches. They keep the restaurant experience fresh and by so doing entice you back. Last night we benefited from our Serenitee loyalty points with a free entree - sirloin tips with two sides - tender. We also had the roasted beets which were delicious along with polenta and mushroom goulash. We had two special fall martinis which were creative and finished with a free dessert. The cooks are talented. Lindsey is just about as friendly and attentive server as you are likely to find anywhere.Special Features:
- Good food in wenhamCsbgVIPDined on 11/22/2013We had a very good meal at 15 Walnut--not outstanding like our last meal here,but very good. The squash bisque was excellent though s little sweet fid my taste; wonderful silky texture. Vegetarian chili was a hearty, flavorful entree. The burger was perfectly cooked but I confess to missing the Ipswich grainy mustard,and my sweet potato mash was lukewarm. Wine selection is good but overpriced.
- We love 15 Walnut. Welcoming.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/21/2013We love 15 Walnut. Welcoming. Great food. Wonderful service. And we are thrilled that sushi is back on the menu. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pure and delicious.BettyGDined on 11/16/2013We love this place. The food is free of unwanted ingredients and filled with flavor. I especially enjoyed the ample portioned house salad. The menu changes with the seasons and I tried the stuffed squash,.. it did not disappoint. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed by allLab519Dined on 11/15/2013Once again we had a great night. We have brought several different people to 15 walnut. This week it was our foodie friends and they asked us to recommend a place. We chose 15 walnut but they were concerned because of a few yelp reviews. We got them to agree to try it and when the six of us had finished dinner the first words out their mouths were , "Those people on yelp couldn't have been talking about this place." So again, 15 walnut has proven that they do not disappoint. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Band NightRick23VIPDined on 11/13/2013I like 15 Walnut and we go again, but not on the nights they have a band. Why do bands think dinners want to do nothing but listen to them. It is too small a place to have a rock group overwhelming everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJelijujoVIPDined on 11/2/2013I hadn't been here in a year and half and was so excited to go back, not as great as I remembered. May try again,but not in the near future.Special Features:
- Nice mealgazebo3e4Dined on 10/30/2013The menu was nicely varied and had items for every type of pallet and food desire. There was a very nice collection of specialty cocktails and a good collection of moderately priced wines. The restaurant provided a nice meal of good quality, at a price typical of establishments with comparable ambience, at a visually pleasing place with friendly, attentive, caring servers who may have been a tad understaffed at the peak time. Good sushi is a big plus. Every one of our group would come back.I would recommend this to a friend.