15 Squares American Bistro at Renaissance Washington DC Hotel
999 9th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
15 Squares American Bistro at Renaissance Washington DC Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 2026823440
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Emmanuel Abankroh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 9th street NW and K St NW
- Public Transit: : We are located 2 blocks from the Gallery Place/Chinatown stop on the Metros Yellow or Green line. For the Red, Orange or Blue line, please use the Metro Center stop, which is 3 blocks away.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available from the Renaissance Washington DC Hotel. It is covered parking in the Hotel's parking Garage.
A word from 15 Squares American Bistro at Renaissance Washington DC Hotel
15 Squares is an upscale, casual restaurant featuring local artisan products transformed into culinary delights such as our infamous “She Crab Soup”. Not to be missed are the elaborate breakfast and lunch buffets. Upon arrival the menu beckons the diner to explore the rich food culture of the mid-Atlantic region. The menu items are a mix of known regional favorites along with creative culinary variations of the richness of the Chesapeake Bay and the vast farmland of Virginia and Maryland has to offer. The bistro décor is casually elegant with a unique flair that only a Renaissance can achieve and lends itself to an experience all its own.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
15 Squares American Bistro at Renaissance Washington DC Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
- Had a meeting at the hotelKsparicoVIPDined on 10/18/2012Had a meeting at the hotel and had a delicious breakfast there. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very accommodating for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2012Very accommodating for our lunch meeting during a conference.Special Features:
- Passing GradeGulfHillsFoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2011Typical big-city, big chain breakfast buffet. That's not a negative thing per-se as they generally are pretty good, but nothing really stood out as anything different. Not sure if it ws due to the recent earthquake and hurricane, but scheduling very loud maintainence at 10am on a Sunday and sitting us very close to the source of the noise in an otherwise empty restaurant, wasnt great planning. So, good food, reasonable service, about right pricing.Special Features:
- Had brunch there both daysDocDDined on 5/8/2011Had brunch there both days of weekend. Food was good, but a little pricey ($20) for the breakfast buffet, for the assortment/variety avaiable in the buffet. First day, service was superb/fantastic; second day, service was just OK. Overall, a very decent breakfast choice during our weekend hotel stay -- but would never go to restaurant if I wasn't staying at the hotel.Special Features:
- very good service. food veryFOODIEVIPDined on 3/5/2011very good service. food very good for a breakfast buffet
- Good Sunday buffet, especiallyTechsan68VIPDined on 12/19/2010Good Sunday buffet, especially the made-to-order omelets, but not extensive or significantly different from other hotel coffee shop buffets. Service was attentive, but perhaps because the restaurant was less than half-full at 11 am. Very quiet and easy for conversation, but perhaps a full house would have been noisier. Bottom line: Very acceptable for hotel guests but I wouldn't go out of my way to dine here.Special Features:
- Great for breakfast and theyDebbieDined on 10/14/2010Great for breakfast and they are always accomodating and the hostess is terrific. This is one of the few places for breakfast in the area and they serve a nice buffet with an omelet bar and fresh fruit.
- I booked this restaurant forMissionSueDined on 6/29/2010I booked this restaurant for a breakfast meeting, during a busy conference. We were given a quiet table that allowed us to conduct our business very efficiently, which was the primary reason for the meeting - food was secondary. However, we found the breakfast buffet offered an excellent selection of hot and cold foods and table service - juice and coffee refills, etc - to be very attentive and prompt.
- Very accomodating since IDebbieDined on 8/19/2009Very accomodating since I requested a table suitable for a business discussion in an otherwise high volume restaurant. The oatmeal is great, and the buffett tempting. One of my favorites in the area for breakfast... coffee is fair but there's a starbucks next door.
- Overall, not a good experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2009Overall, not a good experience, particularly for an Easter Brunch. One staff person spent the entire time dismantling the breakfast buffet with no regard to the noise or distraction it was making to those dining.
- The food was good (breakfast).OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/4/2009The food was good (breakfast). The server was rushing us and was a bit aggressive.
- The Cobb Salad was a surprise.DavidFVIPDined on 1/20/2009The Cobb Salad was a surprise. Quite a variety of flavors not normally found. The seared scallop was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Our first time at this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2008Our first time at this restaurant. In reasonable walking distance to National Shakespeare Theatre. Food was excellent...we had the sea bass. Exceptional presentation! The service was superb. We will dine there again.Special Features:
- the service was great. theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2008the service was great. the food was institutional, and well below expectations. no flavor at all - we wondered if it was prepared fresh, or simply heated and served. very disappointing for such a great hotel and location!
- Ate here during restaurantlove2usdayDined on 8/17/2008Ate here during restaurant week and the portion were incredibly large and very tasty!! I would DEFINITELY return here for a special occassion meal.Special Features:
- The aesthetic appeal of theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2008The aesthetic appeal of the food was fantastic. That was my impression of the the entrees in general; cooked to perfection, looked fantastic but a bit lacking in the complexity of flavors. The ambiance is nice, although not super romantic at least for lunch. Good for office dining. The staff are really helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- They lost our reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/13/2008They lost our reservation and the food took forever.Special Features:
- The service was very slowOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/13/2008The service was very slow and not attentive at all. The food was fine, but nothing special. The Restaurant Week options were limited and disappointing. I don't think I'll go back.
- With an early reservationLLV2VIPDined on 8/5/2008With an early reservation (and plans for a theater or show) it was difficult to get good service upon arrival. They 'let you sit' as if everyone has all evening. To be fair, once we had a chance to set the tone/pace, they adapted nicely. As a hotel restaurant near convention center(s), there is transient clientele, so locals will likely be disappointed, as we were.
- We were there at the startDebMcDVIPDined on 7/13/2008We were there at the start of convention and as the hotel was the center of the convention, many convention guests were also in the bistro. Their enthusiasm was nice, but the acoustics in the restaurant interfered a bit with our enjoyment of the food.Special Features:
- The food was good, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/6/2008The food was good, the service was ok, and the price was right. I would go again, especially with a group!Special Features:
- Actually, I don't have anyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/29/2008Actually, I don't have any complaints with restaurant but nobody new about the reservation made through Open Table. My confirmation number was 68313. We were lucky that they found a table for us at an annex.Special Features:
- One of my fellow lunch-matesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2008One of my fellow lunch-mates ordered a panini he didn't find to appealing. The butter in the same of the american eagle was memorable. Service was good, but some of the staff were not that customer-service oriented. A bit brusque in their interactions with us.Special Features:
- Overall, our visit to 15 SquaresOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/11/2008Overall, our visit to 15 Squares was a disappointment. While we had a reservation (which had to be confirmed by credit card because it was Mothers Day), we had to wait and other diners were seated ahead of us. The service was not gracious - not unkind, but inattentive. The food was just OK - the 'pastry bar' looked like that of the Hampton Inn, but the cooked-to-order omlettes were worth waiting for. There was nothing special going on for Mothers Day and it certainly wasn't worth the trip downtown.
- Good breakfast spot, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2008Good breakfast spot, good capacity, nice setting. Easy access from Renaissance hotel, especially for Washington Convention Center attendees.
- Was able to confirm a saladOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/2/2008Was able to confirm a salad was a completely veggie pretty easily. Ceasar with chicken was served to other guests in a bowl that was beautiful but impossible to eat out of without dropping dressing-laden salad all over. Service good, a little acoustically challenging, food flavor was great. Somewhat limited veggie choices. All fish options were shellfish except for maybe one - can't remember for sure if there was a salmon choice. I don't eat meat or shellfish; I recall my choices were limited.
- Pleasantly surprised. ExcellentDSWhyteDined on 3/29/2008Pleasantly surprised. Excellent and friendly service. Very good food. Decent atmosphere. Not what one would normally expect at a mid-range hotel such as the Renaissance. Would recommend it and we certainly will return...