1515 Rhode Island Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.15ria.com/
- Phone: 2027420015
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Daily; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Janis Mclean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from 15 ria
15 ria, a contemporary American restaurant, showcases the bounty of the mid-Atlantic region. With "Fresh & Honest" as it's inspiration, 15 ria features fresh seafood, steaks, chops, braised comfort foods & generous side dishes. Fun, comfortable & accessible, 15 ria also offers outdoor seating in season. The Lounge with its intimate seating, great music, & classic contemporary cocktails is the place for after work drinks or a night with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
15 ria reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- DCDinerVIPDined on 9/16/2014The salad was overdressed and soggy. It was supposed to be a kale salad but barely had any kale in it. The salmon entrée was cold - the salmon, potatoes and asparagus. When I told the waitress that, they merely put it under a warmer instead of making a fresh plate. I only went there because I had a gift certificate and I'm glad of that. I can take comfort in the fact that I only paid for essentially 2 glasses of wine, which was fine.
- Not That GreatrtesmerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Its never a good start when you cant find the restaurant. It is inside the hotel, but when you get to the "area" there is no one to greet you and all you can see at that moment is the bar. Perhaps the cocktail area to the right, if that is what it is. An outside patio. To the left, a bit hidden is what I think is the dining area. It was nice enough, once found, and once you find someone to seat you and to serve you. Once we got a server, he was nice. But either he was pretty busy or not sure what, as he would disappear for long periods of time. Took forever. The food was just meh. The salad was a highlight BLT, great slices of tomatoes, nice bacon, good dressing. The steak was very chewy for its type (ribeye) and flavorless.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Three of my friends and I went here for dinner. Overall, it was not a very positive experience. When we arrived, we were told the garage was full & a random company was handling valet parking, so it would now cost $20 to valet instead of $7. Even though I had spoken to the restaurant earlier that day, they couldn't find our reservation. This was not a problem, though, because we were literally the only customers inside. Despite this, the service was extremely slow. They didn't bring enough menus for our table, & it took more than 15 minutes for our drink order to arrive. The server poured the bottle of wine we ordered, but not evenly, so one of my friends didn't get a full glass while the others did. The food was ok, but I won't go back.
- dontmakefoodmakerezVIPDined on 8/3/2014Not worth the trip, we had a better meal at Boston Market last night and the service, yes, service at BM was great. Each of the 3 guys working there had a pleasant attitude and the food was hot and tasty, better than 15ria. Oh and cheaper.
- nothing specialez2pleaseVIPDined on 7/18/2014would not make this a regular-- room seems ready for a freshening up if not a makeover, food is just so-so
- Quiet dinnerDCVolDined on 6/26/2014Good place for a quiet meal - definitely above average for a hotel restaurant. Our meal was well prepared and the service was appropriate. Staff were engaged and very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 360 reviews are from the 15 ria reviews archive.
- Only if you are really hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014Otherwise, find somewhere else to go. Despite the fact that we were the only patrons in the restaurant when we arrived, we waited way too long for everything. We should have had white glove service since there was nothing else for the wait staff to do. The food was just so so, relatively tasteless but edible with a little doctoring. My chili rubbed salmon tasted more like paprika then any other spice and my husband's steak was tender but otherwise less than flavorful.
- Great food, nice locationESfromDCDined on 5/25/2014We chose 15 ria because of proximity to the theater where we were going, and because it offered outdoor seating. Didn't know what to expect. We had the seared halibut, a dinner-sized beet salad, mashed potatoes, and string beans. All was quite good. The halibut was perfectly seasoned and cooked just as we had asked. The beet salad was delicious; I have rarely liked root vegetables so much. The mashed potatoes and string beans were nothing special, but I've had worse. Downsides: sharing the patio with smokers, and having to hear disco music blasting out of the speakers on the wall. Even so, I recommend this place for well-priced straightforward American food!Special Features:
- slow service can’t stop good foodsarahseesfoodDined on 4/27/2014Each dish was tasty in a unique way, with someone taking care to craft a menu fit for a foodie. The service was very slow, but polite, so be aware if you’re under a time constraint. Also, there seems to be different menus for the bar and restaurant, as mouthwatering cheeseburgers were being served but were not on the menu we were given. Drinks selection was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to dine with yourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2014Nice place to dine with your significant other. Food was fabulous and service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Entering the restaurant, there was no hosts to greet us. We were about to seat ourselves when the manager came out and sat us. Only after I gestured to him for attention. The table was ok, though small for 2 people. There was 1 server and 1 assistant for the whole place, odd for a Saturday night. After a short wait he came to get our drink order upon which I replied that we needed a drink menu. Ten minutes go by and we place our order. The main reason we went to 15RIA was for the local, fresh ingredients. My wife's seafood smelled rotten, my entree came out with a burned crab cake and was missing a key ingredient, chimichurri on my chimichurri steak. The sides were bland, the bread showed up late, the service was blah. Overall disappointed.
- God pre-theater dinnerDinerTDined on 4/5/2014Our out-of-town friends were staying at the hotel, so we thought 12 Ria would be a convenient place for our pre-theater dinner with them. The food was good - not great, but good, service was excellent and the noise level moderate, making conversation easy. And the cost was quite reasonable. Moderately priced valet parking was a plus. Overall, we were very satisfied.
- Just not goodPJinDCDined on 3/29/2014Only went because I had a gift certificate. The only redeeming quality of this place was that the servers were nice.
- Don't Go!LAREDined on 3/28/2014The service was absolutely awful...with drink order not coming for 25 minutes...the salad made it out before the drinks. The food was served lukewarm to cold and the table received meals at staggered times rather than all at one time. The food was not very tasty either. Sorry that we wasted a meal on this place.
- Ok, buffalo wings deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/21/2014Ok, buffalo wings delicious but service a bit slow.Special Features:
- Meh?BirthdayDined on 3/19/2014It was ok. Nothing special. He got the steak, as thin as a chicken cutlet, I got the salmon. Yes nothing crazy but good. Weren't feeling too adventurous and the prices were a bit higher than we were expecting. Food was good but nothing special. Service was acceptable. They kept the waters full though we rarely saw our waiter. No need to make a reservation, it appeared no one else thinks the place is special either.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningMemphisDevilDawgVIPDined on 3/16/2014While this restaurant may not have been the hottest, trendiest place to go in DC, it was by for the most pleasant meal we had during our 4 night stay. It was a nice, quiet, relaxed restaurant. There was a fireplace, which was perfect for the mid-March snow we walked through to get there. I had the roast chicken which was very tender. My husband had the rigatoni and enjoyed it very much. There was a slight error on my order. I asked for the curry sauce on the side. It was plated with the sauce rimming the plate, but on the rice. I didn't complain, as I could eat the chicken and most of the rice. The waiter noticed it (the runner brought the meal out) and gave us a complimentary dessert for the mistake. The chocolate lava cake was delish!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMarkDined on 3/7/2014Let me say up front that we were looking for a locally flavor place with a wide menu of Fish and vegetarian selections. The fish selection was good but only one item was vegetarian. The atmosphere was a bit stuffy and very hotel looking - good reason - it is located in a hotel. We left after reviewing the menu. The food could have been great but needed a larger vegetarian menu.
- DisappointingBillyVIPDined on 2/22/2014All I can say is that our dinner was quite disappointing. The service was good, but the food was absolutely awful ... burned overcooked steak, unappealing dishes. We won't try this place again.
- Don't go there.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014The food was not good at all, service was so so and the locale is totally worn out. They promised valet-parking and this was non-existent when we got there so I had to drive around for 20 minutes at 20 degrees looking for one. Will never come back.
- Dinner at 15 Riamla15Dined on 1/28/2014While it wasn't very crowded early Tuesday evening, the food and service were all spot on. I tried both the chili baked salmon and the pan seared halibut. Both were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2014I went here for brunch because I had a restaurant.com gift certificate. It was absolutely nothing special. The service was poor, the waiter messed up our order twice, the brunch, although decently price, had no flair, and the dining room was bland. They did have a nice fire though.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekStudents4GoodFoodDined on 1/17/2014Service could have been more attentive, however food was great and good place to try for restaurant week!Special Features:
- EhboogerDined on 1/13/2014It's your typical hotel restaurant. The food is just ok. There were hardly any people there for lunch and the service was pretty good.
- GreatShellDined on 12/14/2013This was my second time going to 15 Ria and I had another great experience. The drinks were great and the food was wonderful. I am already thinking about my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless service and ambienceMTimTDined on 12/6/2013Ria 15 feels a bit like a hotel restaurant. But that is to do it a great injustice. The setting is more like an upscale resort hotel, plush and quiet, lovely chairs at tables placed at a very comfortable distance from each other around a homely real fire. The service was faultless and, while I did not order haute cuisine (steak frites with arugula salad and a side of grilled asparagus), everything was cooked or prepared excellently. And all this at a very reasonable price for such a pleasant environment. Certainly good for business lunches where the focus is work rather than overpriced food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canned SoupOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/4/2013The tomato basil soup tasted as if it was poured directly from a can. The Cobb salad was 90% made of white lettuce core.
- fine not greatDCeatinDined on 11/15/2013The food here was edible and I had a fine time but it was nothing extraordinary. The Salmon steak I had tasted like a salmon steak that I've made at home a number of times. I will say though that the table bread was really good as was the cheesecake brulee.
- Worth a visitMissyDined on 11/8/2013It was a great place to meet some old friends, my steak was cooked perfectly and the frites were very yummy. Wine list is mediocre at best but I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Fresh and TastySirEatAlotDined on 11/1/2013Entering through the hotel lobby was a bit noisy and distracting and I was surprised how OPEN the dining area was to both the bar and lounge area as well as the hotel hall way.The service was professional and prompt.We got an exceptional value due to the certificate from restaurant dot com. The crab dip was delicious, the trout looked superb, my meat loaf was a bit mushy but I could really taste the fresh ingredients. The dessert was exceptional. All in all it was a good experience and as good as the food was, If they keep stocking their certificates, we will likely return when looking for great value in an expensive Dupont Circle location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Dinner I've had in DCDefazioDined on 10/11/2013The food itself is the only reason I gave 3 stars. The service was horrible- they messed up our drink orders several times and we were constantly chasing our server down to order things. He messed up our order, didn't apologize, was extremely slow moving. The crowd there was very noisy and rowdy and we could not hear our own conversation over theirs. Very disappointed- will never go back
- 15Ria is nothing special,highlyedDined on 10/7/201315Ria is nothing special, but in a great spot for the visitors we had coming into town. We had the Red Snapper, the Trout and the Cobb Salad and all were good. It's weird that the entrees come with either a veggie or starch, but not both? You have to go to the It is always very quiet there and just like the last time I went for an early dinner(6:15 reservation)...there was no one there?? All in all its an ok place to dine...I have no serious complaints.
- 15 ria is a gemAlexisVIPDined on 9/24/2013I made dinner reservations on a whim at 15 ria for me and my parents. I can truly say this restaurant delivered. The food was great and the atmosphere was delightful. I normally don't get too excited about hotel restaurants, but the Doubletree establishment equaled many other posh restaurants I've visited. Two thumbs up for 15 ria!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adequate for simple tastesNotatouristDined on 9/21/2013Looking for a decent and not expensive hotel restaurant? 15 ria fits the bill. The menu skews towards burgers, sandwiches and salads. More ambitious entrees, like the stir fry vegetables with pasta were greasy and unappealing. Service was slow. But it was quiet enough to hold a conversation, and the food was adequate for a non-memorable meal, For those who do not care for adventuresome dining, like tourists with children, this sit-down, no tablecloth restaurant would be perfect. For foodies, not so much. There is outdoor seating available. Probably a better pick for lunch, if your expectations are low.Special Features:
- Not much for $95 bucks!DaleDined on 9/21/2013We waited over 10 minutes to put our drink/appetizer order in. The house pinot grigio was delicious. The crab dip was flavored well, packed full of lump crab meat and served with fresh, hot pita chips. We waited a VERY long time (with empty wine glasses) for our two entrees. My pork chops were over cooked and dry and the pureed spinach was touching everything on my plate. The asparagus was perfectly seasoned and cooked. My date's entree was lack luster. His cajun chicken alfredo was pretty bland. This restaurant is in the Double Tree, and we love their soft, warm cookies; the cookies came to the table cold and hard. 15 RIAs ambience is normally great when we eat here. This visit though, a loud group of 8-10 people sat near by.
- Loved it!SemiDined on 9/15/2013Our first time here. It was my wife's birthday. They brought us 2 complimentary glasses of champagne for the occasion. The food was marvelous! I had the cowboy steak and my wife had a Cesar salad with crab cakes. She loved that as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decor was a bit worn and tornOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2013Decor was a bit worn and torn (carpets). Servers were very nice but we had to ask that water be refilled and plates cleared. The individual portions (from salad to pasta to chicken) were ridicously large, you'd have thought it was a family style restaurant!
- Noisy barSimon1959Dined on 8/29/2013The restaurant was located adjacent to the bar. Busy and loud. We had booked ahead but the staff in he restaurant were not aware. Food ok. Wine shown on website was not available but staff honoured the price of a suitable comparable bottle of wine Large portions. We had the steak but this was tough.
- Excellent 1000 PointsYergsDined on 8/17/2013The evening turned out to be an excellent way to earn 1000 OpenTable Points! Both dinners were excellent. Management was aware of our reservation and sat us immediately. Appetizers and main courses were excellent and left no room for dessert! We'll make dessert another trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTimDVIPDined on 8/14/2013Food and service were excellent. I would definitely come here again and recommend to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.