15 Point Road
15 Point Road
Portsmouth, RI 02871Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
15 Point Road
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.15pointroad.com/
- Phone: 4016833138
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Maitland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining space. please contact for information and menus.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Smith 4016833138x
A word from 15 Point Road
15 Point Road, A special treat in Portsmouth Rhode Island along the Sakonnet River. Busy, but not crowded, with an enchanting moonlit river view. A traditional menu pleases most everyone and house specialties are an ever-changing eclectic delight of innovative and contemporary dishes. When one walks up to the doorway, the bed of fresh growing herbs just off the deck will give you hints of the treats that await. Once inside you will be entranced by the view of the Sakonnet River which leads out to the ocean beyond through the panorama of windows. Across the river you will occasionally notice the local fishing boats as they make their way to the Tiverton fish market. If you"re lucky enough, you might even catch one of the local lobstermen heading out to tend his lobster traps in Mount Hope Bay!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
15 Point Road - Best Restaurants in Middletown/Portsmouth ›
15 Point Road reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (115)neighborhood gem (73)great for outdoor dining (70)special occasion (58)romantic (43)fit for foodies (37)notable wine list (22)good for groups (20)great for lunch (16)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- mnoormo1VIPDined on 8/21/2014The beignets are better than the beignets at the world famous Cafe du Monde in New Orleans.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGPOPS45Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food, good service, great views and atmosphere, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014For the price of the food I was not impressed. It was below average.
- Met high expectationsSailorBillDined on 8/14/2014We had not been to this restaurant in several years, and the present owners have done a good job of maintaining and even improving 15 Point Road. The place had been remodeled and (we think) expanded. We took visiting friends, and all of us were pleased with the food and the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good scenic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014The server during our experience was almost non existent. She seemed more concerned about a table with a large party, rather than our table of two. The food seemed rushed and did not have the care of preparation as I would expect. The seafood casserole was seeminly left in the oven too long and was very dry. Many of the servers kept doing laps through the dining area, presumably looking for empty plates. Good idea for service, but it became very distracting because they just kept walking around the dining area constantly. The lobby was cramped and the entrance to the dining area was awkward. The view was good though.Special Features:
- Great menuAnnS50Dined on 8/9/201415 Point Rd. has a great menu selection for a small restaurant. It has a lovely water view. A nice location all year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantkupdeVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always a great meal, great service and a local find !!! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!KCKGDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I love it here! We had our rehearsal dinner there about 3 years ago and made sure to go back for our anniversary the past 2 years. The food is fantastic, especially the last time we went. We had the mac and cheese lobster dish for an appetizer and I had the Mt. Hope seafood plate with clam chowder and my husband had the duck. Everything was delicious and the service was great, as always. If we lived closer, my husband and I would be regulars but it's worth the drive to go down when we can! I saw that they now serve lunch Thursday-Sunday too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Worthwhile ExperienceJomallDined on 8/5/2014Excellent food. Prepared with attention to detail in freshness and presentation. The drinks were fabulous.this was areal find! Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very good at allFoodloverDined on 8/3/2014For a Sunday lunch, the prices were as high as much better restaurants. My salad greens were wilted, and it looked like the salad was prepared the day before. Four small scallops on the salad cost $9.00. I asked them to "hold" the pperjack cheese from the salad, but they did not: it came with shredded cheese. This restaurant is in an out of the way location, and it is really only good enough for locals to bother withSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerswaj4Dined on 8/2/2014We had been in Newport and were looking for a place for diner on our way home. we found 15 Points and made a reservation. This is a very nice little restaurant. We really enjoyed our meal. At the waitress' recommendation we tried the special 'stuffies'. This a baked stuff clam. The stuffing was excellent and the clam was great. I had the special swordfish and my companion had the baked stuffed scrod, both meals were well prepared and plated nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice an cozy on the waterSlopes0213Dined on 8/1/2014The food was very good as well as the service. Prices were reasonable. It's a very cozy place with a nice view of the Sakonnet River. You can walk down to the shore after you eat.Special Features:
- Highly recommend.Dine4funDined on 8/1/2014Good food and the portions will fulfill your appetite. Enjoyed the appetizers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there on a whim....AdrianDined on 7/26/2014Turned out to be a really nice place. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants good food with great scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh. Nothing bad. Not much greatElizabethDined on 7/26/2014Cute little place by the water for a meal. Nothing fancy and the food was solid. Not gourmet but fine. If the location was not the attraction i dont think the food would be. I was disappointed with the bar selection as well. The waitress was very nice and efficient but i wouldnt hurry back.Special Features:
- Great nightJaniceDined on 7/19/2014Our experience on a Saturday night was wonderful! First of all, we arrived right on time for our reservation, and we were seated immediately to a booth with a wonderful view! The couple we brought with us were very impressed! Everyone enjoyed their meals, but above all, our server Liz was extremely personable and did a great job. We always enjoy our experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem - Cut AboveElishkaDined on 7/18/2014This is a very good restaurant that has become more and more consistent in recent years. Food is not what I would consider gourmet, but the menu is interesting and extensive and it is always going to be very good. Years ago the service was a bit slow, but current management has remedied that problem and I always enjoy an evening out here. Great place to take out-of-town friends and family since there's lots of local seafood and a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Portsmouth Island PrkBlueZDined on 7/18/2014We had a party of 5 and we got 5 scallops in the appetizer even though the menu said 4. Thank you! The scallops were very good and tasty. Calamari was very good, but a few too many squid tentacles vs the classic rings. But it was fresh and tender. Entrees were great. All portions were generous and everything was terrific. The green beans were very undercooked and too crunchy. But anything negative here is being nit-picky, because overall, the dinner was awesome. Pace of the service was just right. Lastly, the views of the water are terrific! In the nice weather, there is a patio with tables in the back for even better views! This place is a hidden gem, looking forward to returning for more! Try it you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice settingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2014Food presentation and taste was standard fare - good, not great. Swordfish was anemic, thin piece (well prepared and presented), but obviously they go cheap on the basic ingredients - about ½ in (at the most) thick small piece for $26. Waitresses attentive and pleasant, as was the view. Ignore the parking lot and enjoy a good view of the bay beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Every TimeFoodieDined on 7/15/2014The seafood is consistently delicious. Attractive interior and a nice view. Good service. Noise level can be high.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 7/13/2014Home Run - great food, great service, beautiful view and friendly people.Special Features:
- mickymickyDined on 7/5/2014Outstanding as usual. Always pleased with the service and food.Special Features:
- And now outdoor diningLouInPortsmouthVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our usual excellent experience and now outdoor dining with a great view.Special Features:
- P8riotfanDined on 7/3/2014Had dinner here with my wife. It was a great place with beautiful views. Service was good and I ordered the Surf and Turf. Everything tasted great, but I thought the steak was rather tough for filet. I hues don't order a steak a a seafood restaurant. Will be going back. The seafood dishes I saw coming out looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightAnn2Dined on 6/29/2014We enjoyed our 39th anniversary with a wonderful meal. We had a window table with a view of the river. The service was attentive but not rushed. The prices are very reasonable. This was a repeat visit and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding as alwayscloutDined on 6/28/2014This has been one of our favorite places for years. Food, service everything is always so consistently wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014Excellent food, with a great menu, individually cooked andwell presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantLisaDined on 6/22/2014quaint restaurant with a scenic view! Food was delicious and service was wonderful!Special Features:
- Our favorite dining spotlauraVIPDined on 6/21/2014Even on a busy summer Saturday, the staff made sure reservations were on time. The food was terrific, including local grilled striper which was outstanding. This is our favorite spot, even though we have a 25 minute drive.Special Features:
- GreatAlanDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time there.The staff ,owner were great to deal with my wife the next day was telling all her friends about this place.Food very good will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost opportunityRstcranDined on 6/15/2014This was a really poor lunch menu. Very limited, not creative, and ultimately some things were flat out not good, possibly frozen/canned. It is such a beautiful spot, and the service is lovely -- it seemed almost silly for the food not to be good.Special Features:
- Excellent setvice food,senic views401foodieDined on 6/14/201415 Point Road never disappoints. With a cozy atmosphere and senic views of the Sakonnet river 15 Point Road is the best of the best. The weight staff are excellent, quick and courtious. The kitchen staff turn out consistant excellent dishes that never disappoint. This is my favorite go to restaurant!!!! Love the bar for that after dinner martini , the best martinis on Aquidneck Island !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 15 Point Roaddinnerfor4Dined on 6/13/2014food, ambience, are noteworthy. service was great. although our server could have been alttle more friendly. But we all have bad days. overall 4 out 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vinny POpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/4/2014Excellent location, beautiful views, superb food and a wide ranging menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAMMDined on 6/1/2014Wonderful food & beautiful view:) I've lived in the Southcoast area most of my life & didn't even know it was there! We celebrated out 29th wedding anniversary there....but we'll certainly return before next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NaluDined on 5/27/2014Reserved for 25th Anniversary. Staff was OUTSTANDING. Friendly, Knowledgeable and a complimentary glass of champagne for my wife and I for our special day. Those small details mean a lot. OBTW...the food was great! We will be back. Yes, parking is a problem, but not such a distractor that it should keep anyone from trying 15 Pt Road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/22/2014Excellent as always. This has quickly become one of our favorites!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014Just a really great restaurant with good good and a wicked good view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a great price!SunnyShoresDined on 5/22/2014Went for the prix fix and it was great!! Choices were good, food was great, price was fantastic and the view is outstanding! What more can I say?Special Features:
- SuperbDebbieDined on 5/21/2014They totally accommodated me when I asked for a low fat, low carb version of their Chilean Seabass entre and it was excellent!Special Features: