15 Point Road
15 Point Road
Portsmouth, RI 02871Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
15 Point Road
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.15pointroad.com/
- Phone: (401) 683-3138
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Maitland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining space. please contact for information and menus.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Smith 4016833138x
A word from 15 Point Road
15 Point Road, A special treat in Portsmouth Rhode Island along the Sakonnet River. Busy, but not crowded, with an enchanting moonlit river view. A traditional menu pleases most everyone and house specialties are an ever-changing eclectic delight of innovative and contemporary dishes. When one walks up to the doorway, the bed of fresh growing herbs just off the deck will give you hints of the treats that await. Once inside you will be entranced by the view of the Sakonnet River which leads out to the ocean beyond through the panorama of windows. Across the river you will occasionally notice the local fishing boats as they make their way to the Tiverton fish market. If you"re lucky enough, you might even catch one of the local lobstermen heading out to tend his lobster traps in Mount Hope Bay!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
15 Point Road - Best Restaurants in Middletown/Portsmouth ›
15 Point Road reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (84)neighborhood gem (66)great for outdoor dining (49)special occasion (47)romantic (37)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (20)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014Always a friendly welcome and knowledgeable, friendly service. The food is outstanding. Best duck and Brussels sprouts in the world. And the freshest seafood. Comfortable atmosphere. Very fine wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionArtieDined on 11/15/201415 Point is go-to place for special occasion. Ask for a window seat, so you can get the water views. Menu selection should appeal to all. Excellent food quality and device. We have taken friends who were very happy they found it. Will continue to be customers And to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bgroveDined on 11/12/2014I found the place a great place for friends and family to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judyDined on 11/9/2014me and my husband lovethis place. great owners that make you feel welcome,food is over the top and great drinks. we will be back soon. judy and david palmerSpecial Features:
- Good food; great settingeatsinNewportalotDined on 11/9/2014This restaurant has a wonderful water view to enjoy while eating. The large menu offers a great variety of choices and the food was well prepared and served.Special Features:
- WonderfulMeandmrDined on 11/8/2014We dined at 15 Point Road with friends of ours during restaurant week. I use a wheelchair and noted it on our reservation. The restaurant called to confirm our reservation and to ask additional questions about the accommodations needed. We were greeted upon our arrival and had a very short wait time. There were many choices on the restaurant week menu and each member of our party chose something different. We were not disappointed. This restaurant is quite the gem!Special Features:
- Dinner with the girlswbhaVIPDined on 11/7/2014brought my girlfriends here for dinner. Some of the dishes were quite tasty but others were not. The tonic for my drink was flat, the lobster bisque was not hot enough but tasty. The scallops wrapped in bacon were fantastic! I had the hot and spicy shrimp. They were not hot or spicy. Would not order again. 2 gals had the sweet potato salmon with the polenta. The salmon was tasteless and should have been sent back as it needed to be cooked a bit longer. The polenta, while not the traditional preparation was quite good. A little disappointing......Special Features:
- enjoyableCLNYVIPDined on 11/5/2014very nice view overlooking the water. Appertizers of spicy shrimp and Capresse were excellent. Entrees of steak diane and duck with ginger and hoisin sause were very good. Only complaint was the menu said that the meal would be a half duck, instead it was 2 leg quarters. Half is much better as it includes the breast. otherwise a very nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great off the beaten path restarantAlwaysHappy2EatOutDined on 10/30/2014We were greeted by a smiling faced gentleman and seated at a table with a view of the water...waitress was friendly, helpful and helped to make our evening perfect. Food was delicious and I would definitely go back again. Thank you to the staff at 15 Point Road Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night at 15 PointnewyorkerDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I had a date Sat night for dinner. 15 Point did not dissapoint. We were instantly pleased. Our server was very attentive and friendly. The apps and the food were above average. Can't wait for our next date.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceLovesBlueberriesDined on 10/24/201415 Point Road is one of the most consistent dining experiences in the area. Our party enjoyed three different entrees and all were enjoyed. Will return soon.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 10/19/2014beautiful setting, great food and wonderful service - a real neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right OnRKondateDined on 10/18/2014True to the reviews that I had seen. Made on line reservations. Arrived 7 minutes before time and was seated immediately! Service was very friendly, organized, but well paced. Food was excellent. Seared scallops and veal and eggplant Parmesan.Special Features:
- StogeyDined on 10/18/2014First time at this restaurant the service and the food was great. We went down at night so we could'nt see the scenic view. So book this restaurant and have a great night..........Can't wait to go back..............Special Features:
- 15 Point RoadfernieDined on 10/18/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. It has lovely ambience, right on the water with fabulous food. It was a nice romantic spot for my husband and I to enjoy dinner. The food menu is not large but there is enough to find several items we liked. The prices are not unreasonable either. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014enjoyed a very nice dinner with family there .The calamari was excellent as was the seafood dinners we all ordered. service was great and it is nice to have Sean greet you and thank you . always a enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Birthday it recognizedpathfinderDined on 10/9/2014I made it a point in comments and he persons. AME that it was a birthday surprise. Not one mention was made as to this person celebrating a birthday. Chapel grille brought and small cupcake as a token . No need to ask for any comments if the business could care less. Disappointed to say the least on my first visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmutterMuttDined on 10/4/2014The food is very, very good at a very good value as well. The dining room is a little loud and very tight for groups of 6 or more. Don't let that deter you from having a great meal out of the crowded overpriced waterfront and downtown areas. A fine restaurant with a great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMikeVIPDined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed a great meal and wonderful service overlooking the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always meets expectationsH8badsvcDined on 9/27/2014We have been to 15 Point many times as we are within walking distance. Food is always good, not great, and usually meets our expectations. It's worth a visit, just don't go with the highest of expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront gemBobsVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have been dining at 15 point for many years, primarily for the view. The cuisine has been steadily improving and the last 4 times we have gone has been excellent While not as upscale as the Boat House, the food is much better and more reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJaniceDined on 9/27/2014Once again our neighbors, my husband and I had a wonderful evening at 15 Point Road. It was a beautiful night with several people eating outside. We chose to eat in and were given a booth with such a nice view. The food was great, all our meals, especially the specials for that night, were so good. We felt everything was well paced , therefore we didn't feel rushed at all. We definitely will be back soon!Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinner - 15 PointLeeBACDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I are return customers and found the service, food and atmosphere as good as the last time. Four people in our party had not been and couldn't say enough good things. They accomodated our request to sit outside and were ready for us early. Although we felt a bit rushed to order initially our server realized quickly that we were 'dining' not eating and was great. We enjoyed appetizers and drinks and finally got around to ordering our dinners. We had a number of the specials including the prime rib and were delighted with the food. The scallops in particularly were excellent. We had the beignets and carrot cake and can recommend both! It was a great finish to the evening. We look forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A few misses but mostly a hit!csidedinerDined on 9/27/2014Usually a big hit with us, but this time, a few misses.I noticed a damp smell when we first arrived near the entrance and bar area. A little noticeable in the dining area. Kind of funky smelling.We ordered the blue fish pate (which was delicious, and an ample size for sharing ) but it only had a few pieces of crusttini with it. When we asked for more crusttini, the waitress came back with two little pieces. When we asked for more again, (we weren't going to waste the pate) she said the kitchen was busy and she could only bring us bread. (which was fine with us but she was pretty short when we asked for more) Then, unfortunately, my friend had a hair in her salad. The waitress took it right back. The good food made up for the shortfalls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGPOPS45Dined on 9/26/2014Outstanding food, excellent atmosphere, and great service. Have eaten here frequently and have never had a bad experience. Couldn't ask for anything more.Special Features:
- Nice EveningEnjoyableDined on 9/24/2014The view by the window of the bay is very relaxing. The drinks arrived promptly. The meal included a salad. Entrees were enjoyed by all in our party. Too full for dessert, although the menu was tempting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ViewAlways4NantucketDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant is very nice, with a moderate size dining room and a nice deck for outdoor dining with a view down the Sakonnet. The menu is varied and the food very good. My wife had the scallops and I had the chicken alfredo and we agreed that we would happily order the same again. The service was prompt, but not intrusive. I imagine afternoon drinks on the deck on a summer's day would be great, I look forward to that next year!Special Features:
- Warm and welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful evening. They gave us a ride from the local boatyard as we had no car---a wonderful young woman as our driver---and a return to the boatyard as well. The main event, the food, was wonderful. Service excellent. We felt very welcomed and taken care of. We will definitely return and also recommend to our friends who cruise the Sakonnet!Special Features:
- The long wait...IrishRVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had a reservation for 7:30 and told the hostess it was our first time there. We seemed to be getting pushed aside while others arriving later were seated. They did apologize several times for the wait as we stood in the hallway dodging the waitstaff. We were seated sometime after 8. Server seemed annoyed with us and distracted. Food was ok but not worth the wait. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Great findMarossaDined on 8/29/2014Wonder view of the Bay. Service was great and the food was to die for. I was there with a group of former high school friends and we all enjoyed our night out. It was a Friday night and even though it was busy we were not rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beignets betther than New Orleansmnoormo1VIPDined on 8/28/2014We dine here regularly and bring our guests to this restaurant. The entrees are consistently good. I had the lobster roll for dinner which was packed with lobster meat. The beignets are better than the beignets at the world famous Cafe du Monde in New Orleans.Special Features:
- mnoormo1VIPDined on 8/21/2014The beignets are better than the beignets at the world famous Cafe du Monde in New Orleans.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGPOPS45Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food, good service, great views and atmosphere, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014For the price of the food I was not impressed. It was below average.
- Met high expectationsSailorBillDined on 8/14/2014We had not been to this restaurant in several years, and the present owners have done a good job of maintaining and even improving 15 Point Road. The place had been remodeled and (we think) expanded. We took visiting friends, and all of us were pleased with the food and the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good scenic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014The server during our experience was almost non existent. She seemed more concerned about a table with a large party, rather than our table of two. The food seemed rushed and did not have the care of preparation as I would expect. The seafood casserole was seeminly left in the oven too long and was very dry. Many of the servers kept doing laps through the dining area, presumably looking for empty plates. Good idea for service, but it became very distracting because they just kept walking around the dining area constantly. The lobby was cramped and the entrance to the dining area was awkward. The view was good though.Special Features:
- Great menuAnnS50Dined on 8/9/201415 Point Rd. has a great menu selection for a small restaurant. It has a lovely water view. A nice location all year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantkupdeVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always a great meal, great service and a local find !!! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!KCKGDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I love it here! We had our rehearsal dinner there about 3 years ago and made sure to go back for our anniversary the past 2 years. The food is fantastic, especially the last time we went. We had the mac and cheese lobster dish for an appetizer and I had the Mt. Hope seafood plate with clam chowder and my husband had the duck. Everything was delicious and the service was great, as always. If we lived closer, my husband and I would be regulars but it's worth the drive to go down when we can! I saw that they now serve lunch Thursday-Sunday too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Worthwhile ExperienceJomallDined on 8/5/2014Excellent food. Prepared with attention to detail in freshness and presentation. The drinks were fabulous.this was areal find! Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.