15 Point Road
15 Point Road
Portsmouth, RI 02871Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
15 Point Road
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.15pointroad.com/
- Phone: 4016833138
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Maitland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining space. please contact for information and menus.
- Private Party Contact: Sean Smith 4016833138x
A word from 15 Point Road
15 Point Road, A special treat in Portsmouth Rhode Island along the Sakonnet River. Busy, but not crowded, with an enchanting moonlit river view. A traditional menu pleases most everyone and house specialties are an ever-changing eclectic delight of innovative and contemporary dishes. When one walks up to the doorway, the bed of fresh growing herbs just off the deck will give you hints of the treats that await. Once inside you will be entranced by the view of the Sakonnet River which leads out to the ocean beyond through the panorama of windows. Across the river you will occasionally notice the local fishing boats as they make their way to the Tiverton fish market. If you"re lucky enough, you might even catch one of the local lobstermen heading out to tend his lobster traps in Mount Hope Bay!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
15 Point Road - Best Restaurants in Middletown/Portsmouth ›
15 Point Road reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (95)neighborhood gem (70)great for outdoor dining (59)special occasion (44)romantic (38)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (17)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)Show More
- Date night at 15 PointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I had a date Sat night for dinner. 15 Point did not dissapoint. We were instantly pleased. Our server was very attentive and friendly. The apps and the food were above average. Can't wait for our next date.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/201415 Point Road is one of the most consistent dining experiences in the area. Our party enjoyed three different entrees and all were enjoyed. Will return soon.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 10/19/2014beautiful setting, great food and wonderful service - a real neighborhood gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right OnRKondateDined on 10/18/2014True to the reviews that I had seen. Made on line reservations. Arrived 7 minutes before time and was seated immediately! Service was very friendly, organized, but well paced. Food was excellent. Seared scallops and veal and eggplant Parmesan.Special Features:
- StogeyDined on 10/18/2014First time at this restaurant the service and the food was great. We went down at night so we could'nt see the scenic view. So book this restaurant and have a great night..........Can't wait to go back..............Special Features:
- 15 Point RoadfernieDined on 10/18/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. It has lovely ambience, right on the water with fabulous food. It was a nice romantic spot for my husband and I to enjoy dinner. The food menu is not large but there is enough to find several items we liked. The prices are not unreasonable either. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014enjoyed a very nice dinner with family there .The calamari was excellent as was the seafood dinners we all ordered. service was great and it is nice to have Sean greet you and thank you . always a enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Birthday it recognizedpathfinderDined on 10/9/2014I made it a point in comments and he persons. AME that it was a birthday surprise. Not one mention was made as to this person celebrating a birthday. Chapel grille brought and small cupcake as a token . No need to ask for any comments if the business could care less. Disappointed to say the least on my first visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmutterMuttDined on 10/4/2014The food is very, very good at a very good value as well. The dining room is a little loud and very tight for groups of 6 or more. Don't let that deter you from having a great meal out of the crowded overpriced waterfront and downtown areas. A fine restaurant with a great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMikeVIPDined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed a great meal and wonderful service overlooking the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always meets expectationsH8badsvcDined on 9/27/2014We have been to 15 Point many times as we are within walking distance. Food is always good, not great, and usually meets our expectations. It's worth a visit, just don't go with the highest of expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront gemBobsVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have been dining at 15 point for many years, primarily for the view. The cuisine has been steadily improving and the last 4 times we have gone has been excellent While not as upscale as the Boat House, the food is much better and more reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningJaniceDined on 9/27/2014Once again our neighbors, my husband and I had a wonderful evening at 15 Point Road. It was a beautiful night with several people eating outside. We chose to eat in and were given a booth with such a nice view. The food was great, all our meals, especially the specials for that night, were so good. We felt everything was well paced , therefore we didn't feel rushed at all. We definitely will be back soon!Special Features:
- Another wonderful dinner - 15 PointLeeBACDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I are return customers and found the service, food and atmosphere as good as the last time. Four people in our party had not been and couldn't say enough good things. They accomodated our request to sit outside and were ready for us early. Although we felt a bit rushed to order initially our server realized quickly that we were 'dining' not eating and was great. We enjoyed appetizers and drinks and finally got around to ordering our dinners. We had a number of the specials including the prime rib and were delighted with the food. The scallops in particularly were excellent. We had the beignets and carrot cake and can recommend both! It was a great finish to the evening. We look forward to returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A few misses but mostly a hit!csidedinerDined on 9/27/2014Usually a big hit with us, but this time, a few misses.I noticed a damp smell when we first arrived near the entrance and bar area. A little noticeable in the dining area. Kind of funky smelling.We ordered the blue fish pate (which was delicious, and an ample size for sharing ) but it only had a few pieces of crusttini with it. When we asked for more crusttini, the waitress came back with two little pieces. When we asked for more again, (we weren't going to waste the pate) she said the kitchen was busy and she could only bring us bread. (which was fine with us but she was pretty short when we asked for more) Then, unfortunately, my friend had a hair in her salad. The waitress took it right back. The good food made up for the shortfalls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGPOPS45Dined on 9/26/2014Outstanding food, excellent atmosphere, and great service. Have eaten here frequently and have never had a bad experience. Couldn't ask for anything more.Special Features:
- Nice EveningEnjoyableDined on 9/24/2014The view by the window of the bay is very relaxing. The drinks arrived promptly. The meal included a salad. Entrees were enjoyed by all in our party. Too full for dessert, although the menu was tempting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ViewAlways4NantucketDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant is very nice, with a moderate size dining room and a nice deck for outdoor dining with a view down the Sakonnet. The menu is varied and the food very good. My wife had the scallops and I had the chicken alfredo and we agreed that we would happily order the same again. The service was prompt, but not intrusive. I imagine afternoon drinks on the deck on a summer's day would be great, I look forward to that next year!Special Features:
- Warm and welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We had a wonderful evening. They gave us a ride from the local boatyard as we had no car---a wonderful young woman as our driver---and a return to the boatyard as well. The main event, the food, was wonderful. Service excellent. We felt very welcomed and taken care of. We will definitely return and also recommend to our friends who cruise the Sakonnet!Special Features:
- The long wait...IrishRVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had a reservation for 7:30 and told the hostess it was our first time there. We seemed to be getting pushed aside while others arriving later were seated. They did apologize several times for the wait as we stood in the hallway dodging the waitstaff. We were seated sometime after 8. Server seemed annoyed with us and distracted. Food was ok but not worth the wait. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Great findMarossaDined on 8/29/2014Wonder view of the Bay. Service was great and the food was to die for. I was there with a group of former high school friends and we all enjoyed our night out. It was a Friday night and even though it was busy we were not rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beignets betther than New Orleansmnoormo1VIPDined on 8/28/2014We dine here regularly and bring our guests to this restaurant. The entrees are consistently good. I had the lobster roll for dinner which was packed with lobster meat. The beignets are better than the beignets at the world famous Cafe du Monde in New Orleans.Special Features:
- mnoormo1VIPDined on 8/21/2014The beignets are better than the beignets at the world famous Cafe du Monde in New Orleans.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGPOPS45Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent food, good service, great views and atmosphere, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014For the price of the food I was not impressed. It was below average.
- Met high expectationsSailorBillDined on 8/14/2014We had not been to this restaurant in several years, and the present owners have done a good job of maintaining and even improving 15 Point Road. The place had been remodeled and (we think) expanded. We took visiting friends, and all of us were pleased with the food and the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good scenic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014The server during our experience was almost non existent. She seemed more concerned about a table with a large party, rather than our table of two. The food seemed rushed and did not have the care of preparation as I would expect. The seafood casserole was seeminly left in the oven too long and was very dry. Many of the servers kept doing laps through the dining area, presumably looking for empty plates. Good idea for service, but it became very distracting because they just kept walking around the dining area constantly. The lobby was cramped and the entrance to the dining area was awkward. The view was good though.Special Features:
- Great menuAnnS50Dined on 8/9/201415 Point Rd. has a great menu selection for a small restaurant. It has a lovely water view. A nice location all year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantkupdeVIPDined on 8/9/2014Always a great meal, great service and a local find !!! Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Great food, great service!KCKGDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I love it here! We had our rehearsal dinner there about 3 years ago and made sure to go back for our anniversary the past 2 years. The food is fantastic, especially the last time we went. We had the mac and cheese lobster dish for an appetizer and I had the Mt. Hope seafood plate with clam chowder and my husband had the duck. Everything was delicious and the service was great, as always. If we lived closer, my husband and I would be regulars but it's worth the drive to go down when we can! I saw that they now serve lunch Thursday-Sunday too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Worthwhile ExperienceJomallDined on 8/5/2014Excellent food. Prepared with attention to detail in freshness and presentation. The drinks were fabulous.this was areal find! Well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very good at allFoodloverDined on 8/3/2014For a Sunday lunch, the prices were as high as much better restaurants. My salad greens were wilted, and it looked like the salad was prepared the day before. Four small scallops on the salad cost $9.00. I asked them to "hold" the pperjack cheese from the salad, but they did not: it came with shredded cheese. This restaurant is in an out of the way location, and it is really only good enough for locals to bother withSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerswaj4Dined on 8/2/2014We had been in Newport and were looking for a place for diner on our way home. we found 15 Points and made a reservation. This is a very nice little restaurant. We really enjoyed our meal. At the waitress' recommendation we tried the special 'stuffies'. This a baked stuff clam. The stuffing was excellent and the clam was great. I had the special swordfish and my companion had the baked stuffed scrod, both meals were well prepared and plated nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice an cozy on the waterSlopes0213Dined on 8/1/2014The food was very good as well as the service. Prices were reasonable. It's a very cozy place with a nice view of the Sakonnet River. You can walk down to the shore after you eat.Special Features:
- Highly recommend.Dine4funDined on 8/1/2014Good food and the portions will fulfill your appetite. Enjoyed the appetizers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there on a whim....AdrianDined on 7/26/2014Turned out to be a really nice place. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants good food with great scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh. Nothing bad. Not much greatElizabethDined on 7/26/2014Cute little place by the water for a meal. Nothing fancy and the food was solid. Not gourmet but fine. If the location was not the attraction i dont think the food would be. I was disappointed with the bar selection as well. The waitress was very nice and efficient but i wouldnt hurry back.Special Features:
- Great nightJaniceDined on 7/19/2014Our experience on a Saturday night was wonderful! First of all, we arrived right on time for our reservation, and we were seated immediately to a booth with a wonderful view! The couple we brought with us were very impressed! Everyone enjoyed their meals, but above all, our server Liz was extremely personable and did a great job. We always enjoy our experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem - Cut AboveElishkaDined on 7/18/2014This is a very good restaurant that has become more and more consistent in recent years. Food is not what I would consider gourmet, but the menu is interesting and extensive and it is always going to be very good. Years ago the service was a bit slow, but current management has remedied that problem and I always enjoy an evening out here. Great place to take out-of-town friends and family since there's lots of local seafood and a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Portsmouth Island PrkBlueZDined on 7/18/2014We had a party of 5 and we got 5 scallops in the appetizer even though the menu said 4. Thank you! The scallops were very good and tasty. Calamari was very good, but a few too many squid tentacles vs the classic rings. But it was fresh and tender. Entrees were great. All portions were generous and everything was terrific. The green beans were very undercooked and too crunchy. But anything negative here is being nit-picky, because overall, the dinner was awesome. Pace of the service was just right. Lastly, the views of the water are terrific! In the nice weather, there is a patio with tables in the back for even better views! This place is a hidden gem, looking forward to returning for more! Try it you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.