14K Restaurant & Lounge
1001 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
14K Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.14krestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2022187575x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am (Breakfast Buffet 6:30am to 10:30am) Saturday: 7:00am - 12:00pm (Breakfast Buffet 7:00am - 12:00pm) Sunday Brunch: 7:00am - 2:00pm (Brunch Buffet 7:00am - 2:00pm) Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm (Mid Day Menu 2:00pm - 5:00pm) Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm Mid Day Menu only. Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Monday - Sunday
Happy Hour 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM Monday - Sunday
Monday Night $5.00 Call Martinis
Tuesday Night Hospitality Night 10% off check for Hospitality Associates
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: 14K a Contemporary American Bistro Restaurant can accommodate both private & semi-private parties. 14K is available for groups of any size up to 200. The main dining room can accommodate 50 people comfortably for semi-private dining and our lounge area can accommodate 75 people for receptions. We have semi-private areas that are defined by large columns, heavy curtains and architectural features. Also available is our outdoor terrace seating that is fully covered and heated for all seasons. Our Chef’s Table is available for up to 8 people. All menus can be customized to meet our guest’s culinary needs.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 2022187524x
- Special Events: Ask your server how to get 10% off of your next bill.
A word from 14K Restaurant & Lounge
14K Restaurant, located at 14th and K Streets NW in the historic Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel, is the place to meet. 14K's patio, overlooking Franklin Square Park, is the place to people watch and enjoy the finest in food and beverage. 14K offers Contemporary American Bistro cuisine, full bar, giving you the casual elegant dining atmosphere in Washington DC's business district.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
14K Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (2)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Nice restaurantLilyDined on 10/12/2014My husband & I were our first time at 14 k. We had a great time. The food & service was very good! We definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horay for 14k!KJA205VIPDined on 10/11/2014This is a really nice restaurant - I had a nice time at dinner, the food was great and an even nicer time at brunch. The price for bottomless Mimosas can't be beat. The service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourRachelVIPDined on 10/3/2014I love their outdoor seating and friendly service. Recently when I booked an Opentable reservation there, it was accidentally cancelled. I called them and they were so helpful and got it fixed right away. The food is tasty and the ambiance is nice. Great place!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/2/2014Just love this restaurant and its one of the many reasons I stay at the Hamilton Crowne Plaza when in DCSpecial Features:
- Don't go when slowResiImportanteVIPDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was not busy at all on the Saturday evening that me and my wife had dinner there before an event nearby. The wait staff was not attentive, resulting in having to wait long periods for refills and our check. The food (hangar steak and chicken kabobs) was fine, cooked reasonably well, but nothing special about its technique or seasoning, despite relatively high prices. Average wine list. Probably good for a lunch crowd Monday-Friday versus weekend dinner.Special Features:
- BeanieDined on 9/24/2014Had a delicious meal which was a special - Mushroom Risotto with Salmon and Scallops. Delicious and reasonably priced.
- Slow service, mediocre foodsrose04Dined on 9/24/2014Came in at 12noon and it took at least 45 minutes to get a cobb salad...unacceptable and it was not busy at all. The waiters were there but never came to our table and when they did we had communication issues - they couldnt understand us and we couldnt understand them...kind of a frustrating experience.Special Features:
- Good for MeetingsBreezyDined on 9/15/2014We had a business lunch there and it was a great noise level for conversation. The food was great as well and the service was amazing. place to go on a dateSpecial Features:
- jgronerVIPDined on 9/4/2014Excellent bar food and appetizers, great service. It helps if you are a regular here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/2/2014Terrible service; good food. Never again. Waitress hardly showed and there was no one there - I was with a client (totally awkward) AND I was told it was a 1000 point restaurant and I only got 100 pointsSpecial Features:
- Nice spot for brunchJeanetteDined on 8/31/2014I've been to 14K many times for lunch, dinner, and/or cocktails and can count on good food and service. This was my first time trying their brunch and it was excellent! They had an omelet station, carving station, several hot entrees/sides, several cold salad items and a dessert bar. The per person cost was very reasonable. It's a convenient location too (1 block from metro). I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Good food, nice spaceRestaurantFanDined on 8/13/2014Large restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Doesn't feel like you are in a hotel. The best part is the late happy hour til 9pm!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for outdoor diningpassionforlifeDined on 8/8/2014Food and service were good, but construction and traffic lead to conclusion to go somewhere quieter for outdoor dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Quiet, and ConsistentEricDined on 8/5/2014I often bring my family members to 14K because of the outdoor seating, the friendliness of the staff and the quality and consistency of the food. I also appreciate having the option of ordering appetizers from the happy hour menu until 9pm. All in all, I think 14K is a nice place to bring someone when you are looking for a more private dining experience away from the hustle and bustle of all of the newer 14th Street establishments.Special Features:
- Oleyboy75VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food and prices were reasonable. music was inappropriate. View of the park for outdoor dining was nice but spoiled by a group demonstrating their religious views.Special Features:
- The following 517 reviews are from the 14K Restaurant & Lounge reviews archive.
- Two times Great!AkilahtheBDined on 6/27/2014So this is my second time going to this restaurant within the last three weeks and I was impressed both times. GREAT GREAT FAST SERVICE! I prefer the dinner over the lunch menu (Sauteed Salmon YUM!) Wouldn't mind going back to this place on occasion, great for small groups and outside dining.Special Features:
- seated by kitched doorOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/23/2014Was there for a business lunch so it made conversation difficult. Wait staff was friendly but slow. Place was nearly empty when we arrived so it's hard to understand why we were seated by the kitchen.
- Great Start to the DayEman301Dined on 6/22/201414k is in a nice area. The outside overlooks a park in the middle of the city. I was there for brunch and the food was good. It is buffet style which I was not used to but to get to. Our server was VERY attentive but not overbearing. I would recommend this place for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another successSanford295Dined on 6/4/2014I've been to 14K on multiple occasions to include breakfast, lunch, and happy hour. It is always pleasant atmosphere and great service. I tried a different sandwich and it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BurgervjdantoneVIPDined on 5/30/2014VERY tasty and HUGE burger - just wish they still served their lunch buffet!Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014My parents stayed here for the weekend, and we live up in Logan circle. Ended up having dinner here because the menu looked inticing and affordable. Awesome happy hour everyday and the food was actually nicely prepared and presented. We had salmon, short rib, pork, and rockfish. Only nitpick is the pork did not seem to be a piece of tenderloin as listed. Service was spotty but kind. Ended up back for brunch because we loved sitting on the patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service took too longcatfish99Dined on 5/19/2014I was there for a business lunch and had to leave because service was taking too long. This despite the fact we informed the wait staff that we were pressed for time. Venue and menu look good, so likely will return - when not pressed for time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchDCTGDined on 5/11/2014This is the fifth year we have gone to 14K for a mother's day brunch. The first year was amazing and each successive year has gotten less impressive. We were very disappointed this year in the selection, no bread or rolls, no cheese, very few vegetarian options. The hot bar wasn't labeled so we didn't know which dishes were vegetarian. Unfortunately we won't be returning next year.
- jgronerVIPDined on 5/5/2014The vegetable/eggplant sandwich is much improved now and less greasy. The outdoor patio is a lovely space to eat lunch in.
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2014This is a great hotel, and the restaurant had good food and a nice setting. But the service was terrible! The orders for two of the four people in our party were wrong. One had asked for a plain burger, and the joking we did with the waiter made it clear he understood the order. Yet it wasn't done properly. The other's order was never put in, so she didn't receive her meal until the rest of the table had finished dining. It was very disappointing, given that the rest of the setting makes this a very appealing place.
- Great view, good food... service?GlobetrottingGastronomeDined on 5/2/2014Went with a small group from work for lunch. Very nice outdoor seating with a view of Franklin Park across the street. The food was delicious and the portions are huge (unlike some other reviews, this is a plus in my book)! I just wish our waiter had been more knowledgeable and attentive; maybe he was new?Special Features:
- Very Nice RestauranteattoliveDined on 4/20/2014Last minute find for Easter Sunday brunch. Very happy with my decision. It was pricy...about $43 per person, but that is expected at a really nice restaurant on Easter. The buffet was fairly good, however, the set up was a bit odd. I think I would appreciate dinner here more...maybe when I'm in DC again I'll check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Breakfast was so delicious and the service was great! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent- Service Sub-ParVAcoupleDined on 4/19/2014Been here a couple of times. They have excellent happy hour and dinner menu. Our last time food was excellent as usual. Our waiter seemed inexperienced. We specifically ordered appetizers. As we all know they typically precede dinner. They came out with the dinner and we asked that they be returned. Waiter very seldom checked with us. But we will return, figure it was a fluke....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014This Place is not attentive at all! I made a reservation for 2pm, arrived a little after 1:30, I never saw a hostess, and received no acknowledgement upon entrance, so I asked a server who seated me and said someone would be with me shortly. I waited (while making eye contact with several waiters, and bussers) for ruffly 15 minutes, then finally got up and asked the bartender if my guest and I would be served. She said I'll take care of you, informed us that brunch was over, and tried to charge $12 for a mimosa! I was over it! Ended up leaving and going to an Indian Restaurant. Maybe the food would've been better, but I wasn't in the mood to stay.
- Surpassed our expectationspikesvilledinerVIPDined on 4/12/2014This family of 4 enjoyed our lunch at 14K. We sat outside and enjoyed the view of that part of DC with all of its activity, as well as the scenic park across the street. The mushroom and the steak flatbreads were quite good, but had a tad too much cheese ... and my husband and I should have split one, instead - a lot of food. Go check it out!Special Features:
- Good food but Horrible ServiceZennbodhiVIPDined on 4/4/2014It was our last night in DC after a week of excellent sightseeing and equally excellent dining experience. While the food was quite good (moist and tasty seafood paella and seabass special), the service was at best, lacking. We saw our waiter a total of 3 times - when he brought us our menus, took our order, and when he brought our check. Not once did he checked on us through the whole meal, nor did he fill our water glasses when they were empty. In fact, he just dropped off the water jug when he brought our check. I had to have a different waitstaff to track him down for our check. I shouldn't have given him a tip but I was too nice.....
- Good Food and Great ServiceDympilsDined on 3/30/2014The food was good and my favorite part was the omelet station. There were plenty of food options for everyone; the vegetarian at the table was pleased and the meat lovers were as well. Our waiter made sure there were no empty glasses on the table for the bottomless mimosas. Our plates were cleared away immediately and any additional requests were responded to quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Were They Feeding an Army?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2014These were the biggest lunch portions I've ever seen! I have a healthy appetite, but the turkey sandwich was so big, I could barely wrap my hands around half of it! The flavor was good, but really, it was too TOO much!
- Nice Sunday BrunchBrunchAny1Dined on 3/16/2014Nice Sunday Brunch including unlimited Mimosas. We were seated immediately. Variety of fresh items on the menu, made to order omlettes, outstanding service. Staff was very attentive even introduced alternate server when he went on a short break. Food was tasty and seasoned well. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Much Unfulfilled PotentialUnderwhelmedDined on 3/15/201414K restaurant and lounge was the only restaurant that had space for 9 on the day of the Rock and Roll half marathon. From the start, the staff was unwelcoming. Second, their brunch buffet (the biggest selling point) wasn't until the following day and the chef was unwilling to make breakfast for our group even though it ended just 1 hour before. Then the waiter got overwhelmed with our drink orders and put the birthday girl on hold from ordering food because he didn't understand if we could order a bottle of prosecco. Most of us got burgers and my rare burger was medium well. The fries were mushy and flavorless. They did comp cake for my friend who was celebrating her birthday and her first 1/2 marathon.
- Unlike most of my experiences,jgronerVIPDined on 2/24/2014Unlike most of my experiences, the service was very poor. The waiter did not pay attention to us and seemed preoccupied with something else. My date's salmon was undercooked and the waiter seemed not to understand that. He should have asked in advance how she wanted the salmon cooked.
- In such a beautiful setting,DCDinerVIPDined on 2/11/2014In such a beautiful setting, I must admit to being disappointed in the lunchtime fare. Perhaps the dinner service is better? But I just wasn't impressed. There was nothing wrong, per se, with my food. It just wasn't very flavorful.
- A Very Light CrowdOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/9/2014The crowd was so light, I kept feeling like I didn't get the memo that everyone decided to meet up somewhere else! Otherwise, everything was just fine. While the selection for brunch was somewhat limited, it was certainly adequate with egg dishes, potatoes bacon, sausage, and a fish and poultry offering. A little bit tight on the bottomless champagne--especially since the place was so empty. They should have been making the few guests in the place feel very special, instead the servers were clumped up, catching up on what they did the night before. All in all it was a good enough experience. I would recommend and go back. Valet service was reasonable, professional and very helpful--in the heart of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunchjusteatitVIPDined on 2/6/2014Great menu - something for everyone - and competent, quick service. Nice atmosphere and lots of large and small tables. Perfect spot for mid-week dining and business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.