1440 E. Imperial Ave
El Segundo, CA 90245Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.1440bistro.com/index.htm
- Phone: 3106401070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Bar: 11:00am - 12:00 midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jacob Davis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from 1440 Bistro
1440 Bistro & Bar is a contemporary twist on classic American fare. Great steaks, expertly prepared seafood, and our famous Fred's Pasta are highlights of the diverse and delicious menu. Comfortable seating for groups as well as intimate booths for cozy twosomes in an upscale yet casual setting. The bistro's full menu is also available in the bar for guests who want to catch the game and grab a bite in a lively, friendly atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1440 Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was absolutely deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/11/2012Food was absolutely delicious - would definitely recommend this restaurant and look forward to returning again soon.
- The buffet food selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012The buffet food selection was poor. It was very limited. The coffee, champagne and drink servers ignored us until the host intervened. The only bright spot to the Mothers Day brunch was the host. He tried his best, but the servers were uncooperative and the food selection was just awful.
- Good, decent food. SeatingrrayDined on 5/13/2012Good, decent food. Seating was disorganized. Although we had reservations for when the restaurant opened (10:30),we waited 20 minutes before being seated. Other than that, the experience was positive. My favorites - the bread pudding was spectacular - best I've ever had. Shrimp cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Is the brunch buffet worth it?IndiefoodieDined on 5/13/2012So Mothers day 2012 we went there for brunch buffet one of the few local places that took reservations we were seated promptly in about 10 minutes. We were seated near what I think is another restaurant the workers were vaccuming the restaurant it was really loud and annoying. The ambiance would have been rated higher but the hotel inside looks like a prison. The food was decent for a buffet plenty of meat, but at 34$ a person I could find many places that are better.Special Features:
- Needs larger variety of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/13/2012Needs larger variety of food options for champagne brunchSpecial Features:
- Hotel restaurant. Food wasmarkVIPDined on 3/22/2012Hotel restaurant. Food was ok. Onion soup was all croutons and not hot . The rib eye was too fatty and potatoes were too salty.
- All of us (4) were very happyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2012All of us (4) were very happy and satisfied with our dinner at 1440 - the service was great and the food was good too -- we will come back for sure thanks Agnes FoxSpecial Features:
- My husband was suspect becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011My husband was suspect because it is a hotel restaurant, but we were both very happy with the plates they serve. He had a steak and I fish and they were both cooked perfectly and very tasty. The portions were good and the atmosphere was relaxing.Special Features:
- Not so great Christmas dinnerDineVIPDined on 12/25/2011It was one of the few places open for Christmas night dinner. That was the best thing I could say about the dinner. Service was slow and never even gave the Christmas menu, and had to coax the dinner menu out of them. Portions were small and lukewarm at best. Didn't even have any place to check in for reservations. Staff looked disorganized and unenthused to be working Christmas night and it showed in their productivity.
- mistakeuglyalldayDined on 10/1/2011We arrived much earlier than our 7:30 reservation, and were one of 2 or 3 tables sat at the time. The server was severely lacking in bar training. I asked for a single malt, and it took 3 trips to the bar with long waits in between to finally bring a drink. I asked for neat, they brought back rocks (which is sinful for a single malt scotch drinker). The Lobster bisque was cold. The wine ordered to be brought out with the meal was brought halfway through the meal. The straight horseradish I ordered turned out to be watered down bleu cheese dressing. The Rib eye was an overcooked gristly skinny little thing. Vegetables were undercooked, hard and difficult to eat. I had to ask a few times for my water to be refilled. All of these things I coul
- Sad little hotel coffee shop.pvaeVIPDined on 8/7/2011Sad little hotel coffee shop. Good was absolutely terrible.
- The food and ambiance wasJupiterDined on 5/8/2011The food and ambiance was very good. Everyone in my group enjoyed themselves!Special Features:
- Service and environment wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2011Service and environment were outstanding. However, food was very average and the selection at Sunday Brunch was severely lacking compared to the restaurant's former "Capistrono's" days to which we have become accustomed.Special Features:
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2011The food was good but the server didn't know the menu.Special Features:
- What is NOT listed anywhereYUCKVIPDined on 1/15/2011What is NOT listed anywhere on Open Table or their site is that this place in IN the Embassy Suites Hotel by LAX. When you walk in, you are in the center of the Atrium at ground level..all the rooms are above and there are people walking around on all floors. The elevators are clear and are right by the restaurant so you have a constant stream of unattended kids runnign around and in and out of elevators and screaching. The entire place smells like chlorine because of the fake waterfall in the center of the atrium. it was awful.
- If you stay at Embassy SuiteSCbeerVIPDined on 1/10/2011If you stay at Embassy Suite LAX South and don't want to risk drink-and-drive, this restaurant is the best option. It is located next to hotel lobby and don't need to drive to get there.
- Our choice of restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2010Our choice of restaurants was very limited on Christmas Day but we read the reviews on this Bistro and decided to give it a try. We were met with an enthusiastic server who went above and beyond to give us excellent service. The holiday menu was limited we chose the prime rib and it was excellent. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and in fact we recommended it to our niece in Playa Del Rey.Special Features:
- Service was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2010Service was very good and the food was wonderful. Food arrived at our table hot and the presentation was wonderful.Special Features:
- This restaurant is in theMadgewDined on 5/18/2010This restaurant is in the Embassy Suites in El Segundo. It is a typical hotel restaurant but it served our needs for the evening well. The food was very good and the place was almost empty so it was quiet and enjoyable. My quests really enjoyed it as well. Not as trendy as I thought it would be from the description.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, when I arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2010Unfortunately, when I arrived there for my 2pm reservation (per Open Table), the workers stated that I did not have a reservation because it was Mothers day and open table was still using preset times. They never received my reservation, so I was placed in the bar area and we had to walk back and forth to the brunch/restaurant area in order to get our food. Constantly, had to waive waiters over for refreshing of drinks, napkins, etc. It was pretty much a HUGE glitch on Open Tables end, according to 1440 Bistro staff. The staff was pleasant, mgmt not very apologetic, almost blaming me for waiting too late to make a reservation on a day such as Mothers day. My take was if Open Table showed an opening, then the restaurant had an opening
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2010We went to this restaurant for Mother's day brunch. Although the price was reasonable, the service and the food selection could have been much better. In regards to the food, there was a variety of food offered, just not as much selection that you would expect for a brunch. I felt that the staff did not replenish some of the dishes in a timely manner. Our waiter seemed to be a bit overwelmed and so our table did not get the attention that was expected(clearing used plates or refreshing drinks in a timely manner). We did like the location. Would probably go back for lunch or maybe drinks at the bar.
- Quality of food has dramticallyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/9/2010Quality of food has dramtically worsened. Server was pleasant but relatively inattentive. I do not expect to be returning to this restaurant. There failure to properly record our visit so that we showed as a "no-show" was also indicative of the decline in service at the restaurant.
- The food was pretty good,Lex4reelVIPDined on 3/2/2010The food was pretty good, the ambience was fine considering it was inside a hotel, there was nobody else there so it was fairly quiet. They have a great menu selection and it's fairly priced, but our server was very inexperienced. We ordered a bottle of wine and she did not know how to open it, she even said so. My friend had to open the bottle for her. Overall, doubt I will go back.
- This is where we celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2009This is where we celebrated Mother's Day. It gives you the feeling of being outside because of the sun roof. The plants add to this feeling. The food was more than enough for a brunch setting and the fresh omelette bar was delicious! Service was very good. Reasonably priced. I would come back.Special Features:
- ribs were left out too long,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2009ribs were left out too long, became hard/burnt/overcooked. Need to pay attention to the length of time food is out on the line. Food had a good taste to it, not bland. Food display was adequate based on the limited space available. Gets crowded since the serving line is on the route to tables and the kitchen. All in all, a pleasant experience with decent food. For mothers day, price could've been a little lower, instead of $34 maybe $28. I will return to eat there for brunch.Special Features:
- The staff was very professionalOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2009The staff was very professional and courteous. Requested a high chair in advance and they were very much accommodatiing to our special needs - one of our family member had restrictions, Bistro 1440 replied with manners. We were a group of 6 adults, one in a highchair. Being that it was Mother's Day everything went well. The menu, buffet selections good, we were well fed and pleased.Special Features:
- Really relaxed and romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2008Really relaxed and romantic atmosphere. Service was excellent. Food wasn't fancy or anything, but was still very good and reasonably priced. Parking was free (self-park inside the hotel). Would definitely go again.Special Features: