14 North Restaurant
14 North Church Ave
Bozeman, MT 59718Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
14 North Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.14northrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (406) 404-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner: Su-W 5:00pm-9:30pm
Serving Dinner: Th-Sa 5:00pm-10:30pm
Bar open until 1:00am most evenings
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Mason Zeglen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available! Please contact Gannon, Catering and Events Director, at Gannon@14northrestaurant.com for additional details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private dining facility located on the second story of our building. Please contact Gannon, Catering and Events Director, at Gannon@14northrestaurant.com for additional details.
- Private Party Contact: Gannon 406-640-3223x
A word from 14 North Restaurant
14 North offers a contemporary take on handcrafted and scratch prepared Gastro-Pub fare highlighting selections from local providers when possible. Nightly specials will feature fresh fish and a variety of additional entrees beautifully presented in a comfortable and fun, yet professional environment. Our full bar will feature premium specialty drinks as well as many wines to pair perfectly with your meal. We look forward to seeing you and hope to make 14 North a new Bozeman favorite!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
14 North Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bozeman ›
14 North Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)special occasion (33)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (21)good for groups (19)hot spot (18)romantic (14)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Work lunch reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Came for a working lunch. Met all of our needs and looked like it would be a nice place to come back for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere. Excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/15/2014The entrée salmon was excellent. A nice crust on the outside, yet not overcooked in the middle. I loved the wild rice, caramelized Brussels sprouts and bacon sides served with it. My husband had the tenderloin which he said was tasty, but just a tenderloin. Nothing too special about it. The mussels in red curry starter was delicious - I just wish it had had a few more mussels in it. The wine list is great. Lots of selections at different price points. Our server was attentive, but not overpowering, and the food coursing was at a relaxing pace. The dining room atmosphere was nice, but our table was very cold when we got there. Granted, it was a frigid night and we were sitting by a window. It warmed up after about 30 minutes, so maybe the heat should have just been cranked up earlier in the evening. Fair prices. Excellent food. Exceptional service. We'll be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atmosphere, front desk understaffedOccasionalDinerDined on 11/14/2014When we arrived, the front desk was only staffed by one person who was on the phone and did not immediately acknowledge our presence. Another staff member noticed us waiting and let us know the hostess would assist us when she finished on the phone. Fortunately, this was not indicative of the rest of the experience. Once seated, the wait staff was very attentive and the food was absolutely delicious! The atmosphere is lovely and conducive to conversation. I would highly recommend 14 North!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobcatMomBobcatMomDined on 11/8/2014Our family has taken my son out to dinner here several times now & we have always had a delicious meal. He especially likes the Huck burger! We took friends along with us & their son who is also a MSU student & the boys said they would definitely like to return to the 14 NorthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in BozemanN515PRDined on 11/8/2014Heard about this place...easy location with plently of parking. Food and service is teriffic! Check it out!Special Features:
- Another great mealWinegirlDined on 11/5/2014We haven't had a bad meal yet here. The food was fantastic - creative and cooked to perfection, the service is great, and the ambiance here is very nice. It's easy to see that the owners really care to make their place a great experience for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, many optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014There are so many great food items on the menu that it's difficult to choose! So, go with a larger party and share! The only thing I'd change is the chairs in the dining room. They are comfortable but the seats are so wide, it's difficult to get in / out if you're not on the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great soupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The calm chowder sout was to die for, and the ambiance was nice. However it took 10 min for the waiter to come and introduse himself as well as take our drink order. My husband read the menu wrong and ordered the wrong drink, when he sent it back we were charged for it anyway. He would have drank it if we were going to be charged for it. A little warning next time would be great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Our table was ready early and we were seated quickly. The host (I believe the owner) was very gracious and accommodating. Enjoyed our evening and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCostyDined on 10/17/2014Second time eating here and it won't be the last. My wife and I celebrated our 34 wedding anniversary at 14 North and it couldn't have been better. The food was fantastic, as was the service. One of the best restaurants in Montana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & FunDatedVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was fantastic, completely loved it. I will return here. Great waiter, attentive, knowledgeable.Special Features:
- As Always, A great mealBozemanMikeVIPDined on 10/4/201414 North remains a go to restaurant in Bozeman for great food and service. A cousin was visiting from out of town and we took him to 14 North for Drunken Pig. What a treat. The new menu has something for everyone. I loved my Crab Stack special.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I were looking for a place to go for date night and 14 North's menu looked great, so we booked a reservation. The drinks and food were excellent and timely. Great atmosphere-- loved the look of the bar, restaurant, and decorations, but the timeliness of service lacked a little bit. It was a busy Friday night, so I am glad we had a reservation and were seated quickly, but we waited quite a long time before our waiter even came over to us with waters. After that, I felt like the service was all right-- I was a bit surprised to see our waiter wearing a baseball cap at what seems to me to be a finer-dining restaurant. Overall our experience was great! We will definitely be back to try out the happy hour drinks/food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Excellent fresh food and great service! My favorite new restaurant!Special Features:
- So closeBozofoodieDined on 9/30/2014This is Bozeman's "high end" restaurant. It misses the mark, but should be lauded for at least trying. The wild mushroom soup was a great experience. The braised lamb on gnocchi less so... amount of lamb was minimal and bland, gnocchis were heavy and glue-like. Service was a mixed bag... our waiter was pleasant but forgot several key things during the meal and had to be asked; then brought the bill which he took back with the credit card only to return with "I forgot to add the desserts." Distracted? Overtired? Or just didn't care? Not sure. I will return, try a different item on the menu, and assume one waiter does not a restaurant make.Special Features:
- Loved itcsdrabDined on 9/27/2014Went with a group of friends and we were seated upstairs. The food was wonderful and the server was great. The Patriot Steak was not something you would find on any other menu in Bozeman, making it a clear choice for me. Very flavorful and a good cut of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cddineDined on 9/26/2014Disappointed, I thought the place would be cozy, with a warmer ambiance. Terribly noisy. Bread plates were on the table, but was never offered the pretzel bread until I asked. Salad was served without forks, waiter did not notice, got our forks!!!, no napkins!!! Food was good. Waiter was friendly and knowledgeable, but service people were not on it with simple things like utensils; did not make it an overall wonderful experience. Table to bare.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualTunakiller65Dined on 9/21/2014Josh Palmer has made 14 North THE premier dinning destination in all the Gallatin Valley. The food was exceptional! My date and I had the Halibut special which was cooked to perfection! The entire establishment in spotless clean and very inviting. The wine selection is superb as are the well drinks. He serves local brews which compare to the finest beers worldwide. The menu has changed recently. There are numerous burgers and sandwiches to satisfy any palate. I am looking forward to my next visit (which will be very soon)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodlvrsDined on 9/20/2014We are typically big fans of 14N but not this time. They changed up their menu - it's FAR more casual and the removed the 2 items we come for - Halibut (our fav) & lamb. Based on the replacement items we tried, not sure we'll go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedK2FoodiesVIPDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed our meal but the steak was over done and expected more with the high ratings given by other patrons.Special Features:
- ExcellentTunakiller65Dined on 9/7/2014as usual. Josh has one of the finest restaurants in Bozeman. His crew and chef are top notch! We recommend 14 North to all our friends and family. We will be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon wrapped figs burnttrentDined on 9/6/2014Not a great dinning experience. The service was lacluster . The food was okay. The drinks were weak.
- GradDined on 9/5/2014Our waitress was great, the hostess however was rude! The food was good but not as good as the last time we were there.Special Features:
- 911gts4VIPDined on 9/3/2014Great food but the waiters lack any training and 14 North needs a few folks with gray hair and experience. The waiter helper serves the food with very hot plates and gives the plate to me which was very very hot. The table should have been cleared first so the hot plate was put on the table instead of me having to grab it.
- Great ExperienceHeidiMTDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyable ambiance, friendly attentive service, and wonderful menu choices for the big or small appetite, including special dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable goodbye mealKiwiDined on 8/28/2014We chose it for a farewell dinner with friends. Only one of us had eaten there before. Great choice on our part--the food and wine were fantastic.Special Features:
- BillymoVIPDined on 8/19/2014Good food and service. Atmosphere pleasant. Wine list could be improved upon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Our waitress was great...very friendly. Good food and great happy hour. We caught the end before we ordered dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OksideshowDined on 8/16/2014The bar area is very pretty. The food was ok. Some things better than others. For example the steak was great but the asparagus was soggy and boring smashed potatoes. The muscles were very disappointing in a tiny bowl with no flavor. The cheese tray came with grocery store Pepperidge Farm crackers...like the butterfly shaped ones. I just expected it to be a bit more original and gourmet. Looks good for a glass of wine. Others peoples burgers and fries looked good. Maybe just not the best for "fine" dining.
- Great foodEatingoodDined on 8/15/2014The salmon and halibut dishes are amazing. Servers are friendly and efficient. Great place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shopper1Dined on 8/13/2014Would have given outstanding across the board but: 1: Bacon wrapped figs were burnt. we were given a replacement. 2:It was very quiet because it was only 5:30. I have been there later in the evening when it was very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDaleEvansDined on 8/12/2014No evidence of "fresh raspberries" in raspberry margarita. Wine list good. Onion straws ordered as appetizer were only a garnish for burgers. Had waiter told us that we would not have ordered. Burgers ok, bun rather large. Fries good. Waiter not attentive. There are much better places in Bozeman to have a real good meal and good service.
- Just an Average EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This was the second time I had been to 14 North, and it was a decent meal, but nothing memorable. For this occasion, my boyfriend wanted to treat me to a nicer that average meal, and all we got was Olive Garden quality food and service. The service was on top of it all, but the waiter seemed bored. The food was pretty good, but not worth the price. Overall, there are a number of higher quality restaurants in Bozeman that are much less expensive with better food and service.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourHeidiMTDined on 8/8/2014Small plate and drink specials! Happy hour doesn't get any happier than 14 North's!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The food and drinks were amazing staff were very friendly. The only downside is after reading all the reviews I thought more people would be dressed nicer. Could have worn a nice pair of jeans and shirt and been fine. The waiters wore jeans and a polo which kind of killed the vibe. Also the seating is pretty open and close together, so you don't really have as much privacy as I would have liked. Not as intimate for a romantic evening. With that said I will return, to try all their amazing food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehcasualdinerDined on 8/3/2014Went in expecting good things. Got a mediocre experience. Food was ok. Service was ok. However, for a place which suggested reservations it was not full, and though marketed as "upscale", jeans t-shirts and toddlers abounded. Drinks were sub par and too expensive for their quality. Probably won't return. Bozeman offers better and less expensive food many places.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food all the way aroundMontanaFlygalDined on 8/2/2014We were a group of 6 for dinner on a Saturday night. From the pork slider and crab cake apps to the roasted root salad , then the halibut, the food was terrific! Drinks were good and consistent mixture. The service could have been a little more attentive with clearing plates and wiping a spilled drink. That did not really take away from our experience in the long run. The owner Josh was very accommodating for a menu change and making us feel special. All 5 of my guests are from other states and travel and eat out a bunch. They loved it and will be back while they are here this summer. Reasonably priced. 6 of us had drinks, snacks and full dinners for $270Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Servicekenwyatt44VIPDined on 7/30/2014This was the best meal during a recent trip to Bozeman, MT. My house salad was simple but set off well by the combination of the onion straws and the blue cheese dressing. I enjoyed the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf as well although I did substitute the asparagus for a medley of root veggies. The best part of the night was the attentive service provided by Gannon. The bar area is spacious and beautiful. A great place to linger for a cocktail.Special Features:
- The following 200 reviews are from the 14 North Restaurant reviews archive.
- Anniversary date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Had heard of this restaurant from co-workers. Was worried we would need reservations so we called and left a message. Found website online easily and was able to make instant reservations. The restaurant even called me back to confirm our reservation and an email was sent. Seated quickly in a quiet area. Great anniversary dinner date! Food was delicious, staff friendly but not overbearing, building is beautiful, we had a wonderful time and will definitely be coming back often!Special Features:
- GradDined on 7/28/2014We had a party of seven and everyone was happy with their food! Appetizers were great. Drinks were great.Special Features: