14 North Restaurant
14 North Church Ave
Bozeman, MT 59718Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
14 North Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.14northrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4064041800x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving Dinner: Su-W 5:00pm-9:30pm
Serving Dinner: Th-Sa 5:00pm-10:30pm
Bar open until 1:00am most evenings
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Mason Zeglen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available! Please contact Gannon, Catering and Events Director, at Gannon@14northrestaurant.com for additional details.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private dining facility located on the second story of our building. Please contact Gannon, Catering and Events Director, at Gannon@14northrestaurant.com for additional details.
- Private Party Contact: Gannon 406-640-3223x
A word from 14 North Restaurant
14 North offers a contemporary take on handcrafted and scratch prepared Gastro-Pub fare highlighting selections from local providers when possible. Nightly specials will feature fresh fish and a variety of additional entrees beautifully presented in a comfortable and fun, yet professional environment. Our full bar will feature premium specialty drinks as well as many wines to pair perfectly with your meal. We look forward to seeing you and hope to make 14 North a new Bozeman favorite!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
14 North Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bozeman ›
14 North Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (23)romantic (22)hot spot (18)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Our table was ready early and we were seated quickly. The host (I believe the owner) was very gracious and accommodating. Enjoyed our evening and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Second time eating here and it won't be the last. My wife and I celebrated our 34 wedding anniversary at 14 North and it couldn't have been better. The food was fantastic, as was the service. One of the best restaurants in Montana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & FunDatedVIPDined on 10/10/2014The food was fantastic, completely loved it. I will return here. Great waiter, attentive, knowledgeable.Special Features:
- As Always, A great mealBozemanMikeVIPDined on 10/4/201414 North remains a go to restaurant in Bozeman for great food and service. A cousin was visiting from out of town and we took him to 14 North for Drunken Pig. What a treat. The new menu has something for everyone. I loved my Crab Stack special.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I were looking for a place to go for date night and 14 North's menu looked great, so we booked a reservation. The drinks and food were excellent and timely. Great atmosphere-- loved the look of the bar, restaurant, and decorations, but the timeliness of service lacked a little bit. It was a busy Friday night, so I am glad we had a reservation and were seated quickly, but we waited quite a long time before our waiter even came over to us with waters. After that, I felt like the service was all right-- I was a bit surprised to see our waiter wearing a baseball cap at what seems to me to be a finer-dining restaurant. Overall our experience was great! We will definitely be back to try out the happy hour drinks/food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Excellent fresh food and great service! My favorite new restaurant!Special Features:
- So closeBozofoodieDined on 9/30/2014This is Bozeman's "high end" restaurant. It misses the mark, but should be lauded for at least trying. The wild mushroom soup was a great experience. The braised lamb on gnocchi less so... amount of lamb was minimal and bland, gnocchis were heavy and glue-like. Service was a mixed bag... our waiter was pleasant but forgot several key things during the meal and had to be asked; then brought the bill which he took back with the credit card only to return with "I forgot to add the desserts." Distracted? Overtired? Or just didn't care? Not sure. I will return, try a different item on the menu, and assume one waiter does not a restaurant make.Special Features:
- Loved itcsdrabDined on 9/27/2014Went with a group of friends and we were seated upstairs. The food was wonderful and the server was great. The Patriot Steak was not something you would find on any other menu in Bozeman, making it a clear choice for me. Very flavorful and a good cut of meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cddineDined on 9/26/2014Disappointed, I thought the place would be cozy, with a warmer ambiance. Terribly noisy. Bread plates were on the table, but was never offered the pretzel bread until I asked. Salad was served without forks, waiter did not notice, got our forks!!!, no napkins!!! Food was good. Waiter was friendly and knowledgeable, but service people were not on it with simple things like utensils; did not make it an overall wonderful experience. Table to bare.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualTunakiller65Dined on 9/21/2014Josh Palmer has made 14 North THE premier dinning destination in all the Gallatin Valley. The food was exceptional! My date and I had the Halibut special which was cooked to perfection! The entire establishment in spotless clean and very inviting. The wine selection is superb as are the well drinks. He serves local brews which compare to the finest beers worldwide. The menu has changed recently. There are numerous burgers and sandwiches to satisfy any palate. I am looking forward to my next visit (which will be very soon)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodlvrsDined on 9/20/2014We are typically big fans of 14N but not this time. They changed up their menu - it's FAR more casual and the removed the 2 items we come for - Halibut (our fav) & lamb. Based on the replacement items we tried, not sure we'll go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedK2FoodiesDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed our meal but the steak was over done and expected more with the high ratings given by other patrons.Special Features:
- ExcellentTunakiller65Dined on 9/7/2014as usual. Josh has one of the finest restaurants in Bozeman. His crew and chef are top notch! We recommend 14 North to all our friends and family. We will be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bacon wrapped figs burnttrentDined on 9/6/2014Not a great dinning experience. The service was lacluster . The food was okay. The drinks were weak.
- GradDined on 9/5/2014Our waitress was great, the hostess however was rude! The food was good but not as good as the last time we were there.Special Features:
- 911gts4VIPDined on 9/3/2014Great food but the waiters lack any training and 14 North needs a few folks with gray hair and experience. The waiter helper serves the food with very hot plates and gives the plate to me which was very very hot. The table should have been cleared first so the hot plate was put on the table instead of me having to grab it.
- Great ExperienceHeidiMTDined on 8/31/2014Enjoyable ambiance, friendly attentive service, and wonderful menu choices for the big or small appetite, including special dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable goodbye mealKiwiDined on 8/28/2014We chose it for a farewell dinner with friends. Only one of us had eaten there before. Great choice on our part--the food and wine were fantastic.Special Features:
- BillymoVIPDined on 8/19/2014Good food and service. Atmosphere pleasant. Wine list could be improved upon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Our waitress was great...very friendly. Good food and great happy hour. We caught the end before we ordered dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OksideshowDined on 8/16/2014The bar area is very pretty. The food was ok. Some things better than others. For example the steak was great but the asparagus was soggy and boring smashed potatoes. The muscles were very disappointing in a tiny bowl with no flavor. The cheese tray came with grocery store Pepperidge Farm crackers...like the butterfly shaped ones. I just expected it to be a bit more original and gourmet. Looks good for a glass of wine. Others peoples burgers and fries looked good. Maybe just not the best for "fine" dining.
- Great foodEatingoodDined on 8/15/2014The salmon and halibut dishes are amazing. Servers are friendly and efficient. Great place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shopper1Dined on 8/13/2014Would have given outstanding across the board but: 1: Bacon wrapped figs were burnt. we were given a replacement. 2:It was very quiet because it was only 5:30. I have been there later in the evening when it was very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageDaleEvansDined on 8/12/2014No evidence of "fresh raspberries" in raspberry margarita. Wine list good. Onion straws ordered as appetizer were only a garnish for burgers. Had waiter told us that we would not have ordered. Burgers ok, bun rather large. Fries good. Waiter not attentive. There are much better places in Bozeman to have a real good meal and good service.
- Just an Average EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014This was the second time I had been to 14 North, and it was a decent meal, but nothing memorable. For this occasion, my boyfriend wanted to treat me to a nicer that average meal, and all we got was Olive Garden quality food and service. The service was on top of it all, but the waiter seemed bored. The food was pretty good, but not worth the price. Overall, there are a number of higher quality restaurants in Bozeman that are much less expensive with better food and service.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourHeidiMTDined on 8/8/2014Small plate and drink specials! Happy hour doesn't get any happier than 14 North's!Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The food and drinks were amazing staff were very friendly. The only downside is after reading all the reviews I thought more people would be dressed nicer. Could have worn a nice pair of jeans and shirt and been fine. The waiters wore jeans and a polo which kind of killed the vibe. Also the seating is pretty open and close together, so you don't really have as much privacy as I would have liked. Not as intimate for a romantic evening. With that said I will return, to try all their amazing food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehcasualdinerDined on 8/3/2014Went in expecting good things. Got a mediocre experience. Food was ok. Service was ok. However, for a place which suggested reservations it was not full, and though marketed as "upscale", jeans t-shirts and toddlers abounded. Drinks were sub par and too expensive for their quality. Probably won't return. Bozeman offers better and less expensive food many places.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food all the way aroundMontanaFlygalDined on 8/2/2014We were a group of 6 for dinner on a Saturday night. From the pork slider and crab cake apps to the roasted root salad , then the halibut, the food was terrific! Drinks were good and consistent mixture. The service could have been a little more attentive with clearing plates and wiping a spilled drink. That did not really take away from our experience in the long run. The owner Josh was very accommodating for a menu change and making us feel special. All 5 of my guests are from other states and travel and eat out a bunch. They loved it and will be back while they are here this summer. Reasonably priced. 6 of us had drinks, snacks and full dinners for $270Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Servicekenwyatt44VIPDined on 7/30/2014This was the best meal during a recent trip to Bozeman, MT. My house salad was simple but set off well by the combination of the onion straws and the blue cheese dressing. I enjoyed the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf as well although I did substitute the asparagus for a medley of root veggies. The best part of the night was the attentive service provided by Gannon. The bar area is spacious and beautiful. A great place to linger for a cocktail.Special Features:
- Anniversary date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Had heard of this restaurant from co-workers. Was worried we would need reservations so we called and left a message. Found website online easily and was able to make instant reservations. The restaurant even called me back to confirm our reservation and an email was sent. Seated quickly in a quiet area. Great anniversary dinner date! Food was delicious, staff friendly but not overbearing, building is beautiful, we had a wonderful time and will definitely be coming back often!Special Features:
- GradDined on 7/28/2014We had a party of seven and everyone was happy with their food! Appetizers were great. Drinks were great.Special Features:
- Good food, good drinksMauiJonDined on 7/25/2014Great experience, many solid choices on menu. Good presentation, great flavors. Appetizers were excellent, special tri-nut encrusted pork loin was excellent, veggies where top notch. We had four appetizers, 5 entrees, and 3 different salads and every one was good. The huckleberry Moscow mule was a good cocktail. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, B+ martinibozemaniteDined on 7/23/2014My gin martini was a bit weak and watery, but the food was all good -- had crab cakes, flatbread, pork chop, all yummy.Special Features:
- Great food and fun atmosphereoutoftownerDined on 7/20/2014We ate at 14 N on a Sunday evening with another couple. We ordered a bunch of appetizers and small plates to share. Boy, the happy hour specials on appetizers were a real bargain. We loved trying lots of dishes and thought they were all delicious. Service was good and staff are always friendly and helpful. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- A one time experience for us.LovinBozemanDined on 7/18/2014We scheduled a special Anniversary dinner. No acknowledgement. We asked for window seats well in advance but received a two top in the center of a long wall, while the window seats remained mostly vacant. Our server did not inform us of the special of the day. We heard that from the table next to us. Service was below average. The steak was tasty and well prepared. The pork meal was dry. The small plate or appetizer was very basic. This restaurant will have a pub like following and were busy, but for a night of dining out, Bozeman has many quality choices.
- Terrible serviceMTFishDined on 7/14/2014The food was good, but the fact that the service was so poor (waiting over 40 mins before any even spoke to our table) and unattentive it overshadowed the entire experience- it wasn't even busy so dining there on a Friday or Saturday sounds like a nightmare. Not worth it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014food was great. servers were quick and effecient. nice place. we sat in the bar which is less formal than the dining room but better for casual dining.Special Features:
- LovelyFoodlvrsDined on 7/11/2014The food was exceptional, as always - our table selected the root salads, date wrapped bacon appetizers, halibut (perfectly prepared), lamb shank (delicious), meatloaf (yummy) and pork. However, the service was very slow. We really love this little gem of a spot and will be back again!Special Features:
- Great small platesHeidiMTDined on 7/11/2014Happy hour doesn't get any better than this. Love the small plate offerings and makes this foodies taste buds happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.