12885 Casino Drive
Anacortes, WA 98221Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://swinomishcasinoandlodge.com/dining/13moons
- Phone: 360-588-3525x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily 5pm - 10pm
Lounge: 4pm - 11pm
For Groups 8 or more an 18% gratuity will be applied.
Full Dinner Menu is available in lounge starting at 4pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Dan Van Norman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music the first weekend of every month.
A word from 13moons
13moons captures the warmth of a lodge atmosphere combined with the unsurpassed flavors of hand-cut Alder wood grilled seafood, meats and the freshest flavors of the Northwest. The chefs hand-pick fresh seafood from the region, including sockeye and silver salmon, halibut, spot prawns, dungeness crab, an array of fresh shellfish, and take full advantage of Skagit Valley produce to prepare seasonal garnishes and create decadent vegetarian offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
13moons - Best Restaurants in Anacortes ›
13moons reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (71)special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (46)romantic (32)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (17)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A hidden gem for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Was pleasantly surprised at the quality and presentation of food. The crab cakes were amazing, and can't wait to go back and try again. Fresh ingredients in the dishes with a different twist on the sauces. Will definitely recommend and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Smoky!SkijinksVIPDined on 8/14/201413 Moons needs to do something about the ventilation system. The smoke from the casino was all you could smell. The food was good. The service was ok. The view is beautiful. We won't be back though. We both smelled like cigarettes the rest of the night.
- Crab Louis SaladSeafoodloverDined on 8/12/2014I didn't think there was enough crab in my crab louis. The dressing was outstanding and there were good items in the salad. The shrimp were a good addition since the crab was scarce. Without the shrimp, the louis would be a very great disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Star AppetizerfinedinerDined on 8/6/2014The entree wedge salad and entree halibut were outstanding. Of special note however was the white truffle scallop appetizer; best i've ever tasted. The turtle cheesecake was also excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Wonderful delicious food, awesome Michelle, will be back. Thanks for an outstanding Anniversary experience.Special Features:
- Love itCristinaDined on 8/4/2014We ordered the crab quesadillas for appetizer, delicious! My meal was clams linguine, so good! My husband had a burger, he loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fidalgo View DiningScorpioDined on 8/2/201413 Moons evening dinner with outdoors patio dining and relaxing vocal musician. Happy hour 4-6 PM. We arrived about 6:15 with dinner reservations on Saturday evening and were accommodated with outside seating. The sun was bright. The wind breeze was light. Oh what a night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/20142 hours for dinner with no communication with server was not acceptable-- no apologies for the length of time-- your food is great
- Wonderful servicevexsgirlDined on 8/1/2014Dinner started out with a reservation for 6 or us, but we were fortunate to have 2 more join our group at the last minute and they were very accommodating. We requested the patio but as the time arrived for us to get to the restaurant the weather had turned and they found a spot for us inside. Service was spot on. Nikki is the best server and we always ask for her. Food was wonderful as well. Good food and drink and great company makes it a wonderful night!Special Features:
- Very good.ArtofstoneDined on 7/31/2014We dined late. From the salads that we ate, to the warm tasty bread, our meal was fantastic. I would recommend this beautiful restaurant to anyone in the area who wants a nice meal, with a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- TerryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time at the hotel, casino and 13 Moons Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Food was fabulous as usual, but our wait staff was terrible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ! Amazing service !13moondelightDined on 7/21/2014We celebrated our anniversary and were very delighted with the quality and presentation of the food. The service was fabulous 😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly Disappointed, but food GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014I think we, unfortunately, just had a...lacking server. We weren't told the special (steak and halibut..I would have definitely purchased), we weren't delivered the fresh bread ('because we dined outside...however the other 3 tables around us all received their 'amazing fresh bread'). We each ordered a bar drink, but once that was empty and we said we'd finish with water...basically no service. Water was empty, twice for 10-15 minutes each time. I give 3 stars because the two meals we did order, the filet and the pork chop, were both delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDapicksDined on 7/19/2014The food and service was excellent. The only negative was the length of time. We spent two hours and the time between courses was too long. Our chef son in law observed that the three chefs were each working on each plate. At on point there were 10 plates up and it was amusing to watch them each contribute something to every plate. Overall an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chandlersDined on 7/18/2014The quality of the food and its presentation were 5 star. The waitress was excellent. For the first time in my life I had lettuce that really had taste and it was lovely.
- DinnerfoodieDined on 7/17/2014disappointing last year when we dined there we enjoyed it. The service was poor employees were gathered together talking and laughing. It was hard to get their attention.Special Features:
- Exceptional beyond expectationdondedonDined on 7/12/2014The food was incredible and matched by the service. Each entree was carefully prepared and plated, and accompanied by sides that were equally outstanding. There is no finer dining experience in the NW. Our waitstaff was attentive, but not intrusive. As usual, our entire experience exceeded our previous visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedLeopardLadyDined on 7/9/2014The food was average at best. My husband had a steak that was not a good cut and rather tasteless and the $6.00 baked potatoe was a bit over priced. The service was poor. I actually asked if our waiter went home as we only saw him twice and the restaurant was not busy. There were two waitresses serving other tables who did a fantastic job. Unfortunately we were not at one of their tables.
- SeaverDined on 7/7/2014Food was excellent the wine list is adequate, the wait staff was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Visitors ViewHummingbird4dinerDined on 7/5/2014Crab Louis had more shrimp than crab and the lettuce leaves were way too large for proper eating etiquette... although the dressing was delicious. The atmosphere of eating on the outdoor patio in front of the fireplace was nice even though it had started to rain. Our waitress put up the umbrella as we wanted to stay on the patio. The view of camp trailers below was interfering with the scenic view of the Bay. Dessert was savory. The drinks were good. Service was friendly and attentive. Would like to see them be open for lunch time dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We really enjoyed Peggy and the Swing nuts, wished you had a small dance floorSpecial Features:
- The best seafood ever here!!!pachamamaDined on 7/4/2014I had the wild caught halibut. It was the third time I've had it at 13 Moons, and every time it was just outstanding!!!!!!! Perfectly cooked, moist and tender and so absolutely delicious!!!! i can not recommend it highly enough!!!!!! My husband had the Dungeness Crab and Shrimp Louie. He said it was really excellent - lots of crab and shrimp and avocado. They also had wild salmon on the menu. I have had it there in the past, and it is also wonderful - perfectly cooked and so flavorful. The menu changes with the seasons, and with what seafood is available at that time. So the fish and shellfish is always very very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerlovetodineoutDined on 7/1/2014We found the meal excellent and well presented. The service was very good. 13 moons has a nice view of the water and islands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slower than MolasesSteve2014Dined on 6/28/2014It took an hour to be served after we ordered. I had a pork chop that was cooked to perfection but the sides were stone cold.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, food, and servicePorterReviewsDined on 6/22/2014Ate outside, great temperature control beautiful view. Food was excellent and the waitress Nicki was even better! My only issue is that there are only seafood appetizers and few non seafood choices on the menu. Otherwise a great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014The food was very good. The Staff was very disorganized. Allow an entire evening for a meal.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014My husband and I travel to Swinomish Resort from Surrey, B.C. and always include a visit to 13 Moons. It is a really nice, relaxing venue and the food is fantastic. Our waitress (don't remember her name) was amazing!Special Features:
- hatesmokeDined on 6/20/2014We have been there three times. The first and second time was very good. A little noisy, but good food. This time, the room was so full of cigarette smoke, that it was very poor. We heard several other people complain about the smoke. IF we ever go back, we would insist on eating out side.Special Features:
- Fathers Day DinnerPmacDined on 6/15/2014Nice view. Outdoor seating in the summer would be nice. Food was good but a bit pricey. Cigarette smoke from casino downstairs is bad. Wait staff seemed new but okay. Save on Flights, Hotels, and More. Quickly Plan & Book on Your Phone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014The food was good but we found the menu selection somewhat limited. We appreciated not being hurried through. A great place to sit by the window and enjoy a beautiful evening.Special Features:
- reservation problemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Our reservation was not in their system, so there was some confusion, luckily I had printed out my reservation when I made it. They did find a spot for us, but I wasn't very happy about making my reservation early and then they didn't show a reservation for us. However, the food was wonderful and so was out wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely but a little smokeyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Food was great, service was outstanding, watching the boats go up and down the channel is fun, but because the restaurant is next to the casino, it was a little smokey. We sat outside on the deck and people were smoking at tables next to us while we were eating. A little unappetizing. If you can handle a little smoke, this is the perfect spot.Special Features:
- First time at 13 moonsbest4usDined on 6/1/2014First the service was very well executed. Staff were professional, kind and informed. Food was well presented. The sauces were especially unique and savory. The bread was well portioned and delicious. Desert was a perfect end to a lovely meal, beautiful surroundings and enjoyable staff. Although the portions were modest, we did not leave the table feeling we needed more. We were content and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exquisite!KathyDined on 5/30/2014Food, divine. View, wonderful. Service, wonderfully friendly but a bit slow. Our dessert was given as a gift because it was our anniversary! Wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantglutenfreedivaDined on 5/23/2014We have eaten several times at 13 Moons and have never been disappointed. The halibut and salmon was delicious and a huge bonus for us is their knowledge of gluten free. 2 members of our family have celiac disease and always are able to have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not returningjessieDined on 5/23/2014We had a very upsetting experience our last visit that is really more against the casino then the resturaunt. My husband is an elite member and is given certain perks because of that, one being a generous discount for dinner. We were told, starting in April, that we would have that perk for 4 months. Without warning, no letter or anything they took that perk away. We went to dinner and found out after we got our bill that that perk had been discountinued, leaving us with $140 check. I understand things change but to give no warning in just not right and dishonest! Despite how good the food is we would not have spent that much on dinner unless it had been an anniversary. We will not be returning to the resturaunt or the casino!Special Features:
- Open table diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014when we got there the restaurant was packed but we managed to get a good table. Service was excellent and prompt. We both had a salad which was very good and the plating beautiful.Both of us had fish , one halibut,one ling cod, and I must say both dinners were exceptional, fish cooked perfectly,flaky,presentation outstanding. Dessert was unbelievably good, we shall definitely come back again. Our server was courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minus and PlusMarioDined on 5/18/2014The waiter was hopeless. When asked what "ling cod" was, he first stammered some generalities and then confessed he had no idea. Several wines were listed solely by their winery and country. When asked for types -which were sweet or dry e.g -. he admitted complete ignorance , and made no attempt to seek further info. When removing first course, he took away all silver and delivered entrees and disappeared. When we enjoyed the coffee we asked if he knew the brand. He didn't; period. It was entertaining, but a bit annoying. Menu items are high-priced for this somewhat rustic area (e.g. $ 10 for a single, very ordinary baked potato), but then it's a Casino venue. Dishes were attractive and general ambience was pleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. The martinis were excellent as well as the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.