12885 Casino Drive
Anacortes, WA 98221Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://swinomishcasinoandlodge.com/dining/13moons
- Phone: (360) 588-3525
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: 4pm - 11pm
For Groups 8 or more an 18% gratuity will be applied.
Full Dinner Menu is available in lounge starting at 4pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Dan Van Norman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music the first weekend of every month.
A word from 13moons
13moons captures the warmth of a lodge atmosphere combined with the unsurpassed flavors of hand-cut Alder wood grilled seafood, meats and the freshest flavors of the Northwest. The chefs hand-pick fresh seafood from the region, including sockeye and silver salmon, halibut, spot prawns, dungeness crab, an array of fresh shellfish, and take full advantage of Skagit Valley produce to prepare seasonal garnishes and create decadent vegetarian offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
13moons - Best Restaurants in Anacortes ›
13moons reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (51)special occasion (38)great for outdoor dining (34)romantic (28)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (19)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Award winning tase!StephanieBDined on 11/15/2014The food was excellent and service was superb. The special was Filet Mignon and Salmon - a perfect combination for the PNW! Food was cooked to perfection and service was outstanding even for a busy Saturday night with two large groups. The drinks from the bar were a little weak, but delicious none-the-less. I would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In-laws 55th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014We had a group of 24, which is a challenge for the servers and cooks. Everyone had a great time and enjoy the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014an incredible experience! The service was superb and the food out of this world. Our compliments to the entire staff!Special Features:
- YummyDined on 10/30/2014We had a happy hour drink in the lounge. Wine with our dinner in l3Moons. All three of us had the pork chop and we found it to be delicious. The presentation was lovely and the vegetables excellent. Enjoyed our dessert -- a nice nightcap.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go again!GreatEatsDined on 10/26/2014This was our first time dining at 13 Moons. We went on a recommendation from a friend. The decor was elegant modern minimalist...very clean and refreshing. Service was impeccable. Our server, Lisa, was amiable and interactive without being overbearing. Our meals were delicious and made perfectly to order. They ran out of the special so they offered an alternative special which was divine. They even accommodated a complex food allergy in our party. Will definitely go again. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodLoveuhoneyDined on 10/25/2014overall food was excellent however the beer list should all be local and not just from the Seattle areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TillieDined on 10/23/2014The food is exceptional! I am already looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!DaleDined on 10/18/2014Fire Grilled Sirloin! Amazing! Baked Potatoes are the best I've had anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're coming back to 13 Moons!JohnDined on 10/13/2014This was my first trip to 13Moons and my wife and I met a recently hired associate for dinner to get to know her. My wife said she had the best desert, the best appetizer and the best steak that she's experienced in a long time. We frequently enjoy the Bistro in Arlington, El Gaucho & The Met in Seattle so we were impressed by this restaurant.Special Features:
- DinerDaveDined on 10/12/2014Food Fantastic, our guests(food connesieurs/chef) Totally impressed!! My wife said the Halibut was the BEST she's ever had!!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a very enjoyable experienceMom2celaDined on 10/11/2014The menu isn't overwhelming in size which made ordering easy. Simple wine list but what was on it tasted great! The service was fabulous! Dinner for 3 of us including beverages and a dessert was $150 plus tip... I've been there twice and will definitely go back, hopefully the weather is nice enough to sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Very enjoyable experience with friends & family. Great dining with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food spot at the casino.JBCaseDined on 10/4/201413 Moons serves up perhaps the most delectable pork chop I have ever put in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Smoky from casinoHappyusDined on 10/1/2014The smoke from casino is offensive and spoils a good dunner Need a door to shut out smoke.Special Features:
- D&HMeatloverDined on 9/29/2014Wonderful ambiance, excellent food and the wine we selected from a first class wine list was superb! Couple this with outstanding service from the server in the bar, the host, and particularly our server, Amy...... what more could you ask for. This was an outstanding dining experience!Special Features:
- Fresh seafoodTillieDined on 9/17/2014Love this restaurant because all seafood is caught by the Indians and only served fresh. 😊Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who would have thoughtwinedineVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were on way home from Deception Pass and found 13 Moons on Opentable. This restaurant is in the Swinomish Casino and we were very pleased with the food quality and views. Nice outdoor deck for lounging and eating as well. We would definitely go back again next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014we ordered a filet and new york --- one w/baker and one mashed --- orders came completely reversed plus the tiny lil container of sour cream wouldn't even fit on a fork --- when pay $34 for a meal want a nice big loaded baked potato or would have had fries.... The filet was rare - as the ny was sposed to be and vice versa --- they did comp one meal but after numerous trips to chefs and all was ruined!!!Special Features:
- Great dining experiencepickyeaterDined on 9/7/2014We treated good friends to dinner and were so pleased with our choice of 13 Moons! Everything was excellent - food, wine, service, view. We all chose one of the specials and our steak and salmon were cooked exactly to our satisfaction. We were lucky to have a table on the patio on a lovely evening and really enjoyed the ambiance. When the evening cooled, the staff was right there to turn on outdoor heater and we finished our meal in complete comfort. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- LOVED it!!!!TorechanDined on 9/6/2014We celebrated our anniversary there and absolutely loved it! The food was outstanding. The servers were attentive but never overly so. Even the manager was out and about working and serving and checking everyone was pleased! Timing of food and drink refills were right on. The desert menu was the best I've seen! We sat outside and the views were wonderful. Heaters and blankets available if needed. They really pay attention to detail. It's worth a drive to experience this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Fine DiningSunshineDDined on 9/6/2014I liked this restaurant a lot. It's not so super fancy fine dining, but it's just fine. I have to say the food was top notch and the menu had lots of things I want to come back and try for my next visit. It's upstairs within the casino, but don't let that put you off. Lots of free parking and valet if you wish. They are super polite at this casino, always greeting guests properly and they have all the good gaming, so it's not one to drive by - it's one of the good ones. Plus the on-site Chevron station has the cheapest gas prices in the area, so take care of that when you visit too. The restaurant has a bar/lounge side and a side with tables and a large outdoor area overlooking the ocean. Not too expensive either. You'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad - not bad at allnonicknamespleaseDined on 9/6/2014I enjoyed the dinner. We were a party of 8 for a special occasion. Service was friendly, but a little on the slow side. Dinner was fine - not incredible, but nothing to complain about. This restaurant is certainly not shy about charging for the experience. I had a very small filet, nicely prepared and plated - $40. Not expensive by Seattle standards but a little dear around here. Dessert was very good. If I had any complaint it would be the ticky-tacky pianist in the bar, with a canned percussion system. Better to have recorded music than a bad live act, my opinion. They tacked on the obligatory 18% for a large party. I usually tip 20% so it cost the server 2%. Oh well, there's a cost for a sure bet, right? All in all, it was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous all the way around!bgstecherDined on 8/24/2014We had dinner at 13 Moons on a beautiful Sunday Summer evening. We sat on the patio overlooking Swinomish Channel. We were in the mood for a light dinner since the weather has been so warm. We had a house salad with a light dressing. The salad was perfect..baby romaine with shredded carrots and cherry tomatoes. We then had the crab macaroni and cheese..to die for. Just a little cast iron ramekin of cheesy, crab goodness..not skimping on the crab at all..my favorite. Paired with a glass of Riesling...a light summer dinner that was worth the trip from Snohomish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatPorterReviewsDined on 8/23/2014Great food and service with a wonderful atmosphere and view!Special Features:
- Just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/22/2014Our waitress was positive and friendly. The view is partially blocked by the huge patio (too chilly to eat outside). We both ordered the steak and salmon special. My medium steak was rare and my husbands salmon was a poor cut. The ice cream desert had a very hard brownie base. We will probably go to the buffet in the casino next time.Special Features:
- A hidden gem for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Was pleasantly surprised at the quality and presentation of food. The crab cakes were amazing, and can't wait to go back and try again. Fresh ingredients in the dishes with a different twist on the sauces. Will definitely recommend and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Smoky!SkijinksVIPDined on 8/14/201413 Moons needs to do something about the ventilation system. The smoke from the casino was all you could smell. The food was good. The service was ok. The view is beautiful. We won't be back though. We both smelled like cigarettes the rest of the night.
- Crab Louis SaladSeafoodloverDined on 8/12/2014I didn't think there was enough crab in my crab louis. The dressing was outstanding and there were good items in the salad. The shrimp were a good addition since the crab was scarce. Without the shrimp, the louis would be a very great disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Star AppetizerfinedinerDined on 8/6/2014The entree wedge salad and entree halibut were outstanding. Of special note however was the white truffle scallop appetizer; best i've ever tasted. The turtle cheesecake was also excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Wonderful delicious food, awesome Michelle, will be back. Thanks for an outstanding Anniversary experience.Special Features:
- Love itCristinaDined on 8/4/2014We ordered the crab quesadillas for appetizer, delicious! My meal was clams linguine, so good! My husband had a burger, he loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fidalgo View DiningScorpioDined on 8/2/201413 Moons evening dinner with outdoors patio dining and relaxing vocal musician. Happy hour 4-6 PM. We arrived about 6:15 with dinner reservations on Saturday evening and were accommodated with outside seating. The sun was bright. The wind breeze was light. Oh what a night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent4happydinersDined on 8/2/2014The food was very delicious and comes from local merchants (vegetables, seafood, meat). The steak was cooked perfectly and could be cut with a butter knife. The seafood was fresh and prepared perfectly. They served a baked "Samish russet potato" that was extremely flavorful and delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/20142 hours for dinner with no communication with server was not acceptable-- no apologies for the length of time-- your food is great
- Wonderful servicevexsgirlDined on 8/1/2014Dinner started out with a reservation for 6 or us, but we were fortunate to have 2 more join our group at the last minute and they were very accommodating. We requested the patio but as the time arrived for us to get to the restaurant the weather had turned and they found a spot for us inside. Service was spot on. Nikki is the best server and we always ask for her. Food was wonderful as well. Good food and drink and great company makes it a wonderful night!Special Features:
- Very good.ArtofstoneDined on 7/31/2014We dined late. From the salads that we ate, to the warm tasty bread, our meal was fantastic. I would recommend this beautiful restaurant to anyone in the area who wants a nice meal, with a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- TerryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014My wife and I had a wonderful time at the hotel, casino and 13 Moons Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 306 reviews are from the 13moons reviews archive.
- Worst service ever!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Food was fabulous as usual, but our wait staff was terrible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ! Amazing service !13moondelightDined on 7/21/2014We celebrated our anniversary and were very delighted with the quality and presentation of the food. The service was fabulous 😀Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly Disappointed, but food GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/19/2014I think we, unfortunately, just had a...lacking server. We weren't told the special (steak and halibut..I would have definitely purchased), we weren't delivered the fresh bread ('because we dined outside...however the other 3 tables around us all received their 'amazing fresh bread'). We each ordered a bar drink, but once that was empty and we said we'd finish with water...basically no service. Water was empty, twice for 10-15 minutes each time. I give 3 stars because the two meals we did order, the filet and the pork chop, were both delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.