1313 Main Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://1313main.com/
- Phone: 7072581313x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sun, Tue-Thur 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 4:00pm-11:00pm
Happy Hour: Tue-Fri 4:00pm-6:00pm
Brunch: Sun 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Californian
- Executive Chef: Adam Ross
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Locals' Night - Every Tuesday night from open to close: $10 Veuve Clicquot "Yellow Label," $25 Krug "Grande Cuvee" & Food Happy Hour All Night.
A word from 1313 Main
Now three years old, 1313 Main & Lulu's Kitchen is a California-focused restaurant with a cellar of 1,900 labels, 50 wines by the glass and a focus on genuine, precise hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
1313 Main - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
1313 Main reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (62)fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (31)romantic (27)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (16)great for brunch (12)good for groups (12)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Just OKFoodieVIPDined on 10/18/2014We thought the food was fine, tasty but not spectacular, however the portions were very small and the prices on the high side. With so many excellent restaurants in Napa we probably won't be back.
- First timerMomof3VIPDined on 10/17/2014Had dinner here on 10/17/14 and was initially disappointed in that I thought I was in a bar with a small area for dining. We were a party of four and were seated in the rear of the restaurant. It was a bit noisy at first, but in no time the bar area quieted down and more diners appeared. Although the menu is not extensive the ability to mix and match from top to bottom was perfect. The wine selections were also very good, as they have a huge selection. The other couple with us are from Sweden and were particularly impressed. It is comforting to pick a restaurant without benefit of experience and have everyone happy with the selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatMaxfliteVIPDined on 10/17/2014Awesome wine list. Food is over the top and just yummy. You'll be asking for more. The service is very personal and fast. Only complaint I have is the 1993 Whitehall Lane I ordered was not opened in front of us. That should never have happened. I did not complain but next time will do. I asked for the cork and there was evidence that it was cleaned up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Foodies!LovetoeatDined on 10/8/2014Fabulous food, interesting and so delicious. Service was amazing! Only complaint I have is, would have liked a regular table instead of the high ones, kept feeling like I was slipping out. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!nicnameDined on 10/4/2014Went here for the first time for dinner, and the food was delicious! The Bar Snacks are plentiful, but the Main Courses are way tiny! We both laughed when the "main courses" arrived as they looked like appetizers; HOWEVER, they were very very tasty & more than satisfying after the 2 bar snacks we had eaten (shiso fritters & poutine - fantastic!). The service was definitely lacking. Right away it seemed like we had 3 waiters who were continuously asking if we had questions, but once we were served our first glass of champagne they all but disappeared, except to grab our unfinished dips/appetizers without asking (with empty flutes on the table!). Everyone was friendly though, and the cooks MORE than made up for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Perfect DinnerPaulaDined on 10/4/2014I will keep coming back - the service is amazing and the food is so wonderful. I will be back in a week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid 3 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Dined here over the weekend as a group of four. Food/Wine - Across the board, very good. Scallops were the clear winner. Wine list was massive and seemed fairly priced. Seating/Setting - Not comfortable - we were at a tiny table more appropriate for two. Also, it was a high table with bar stool-type seats so over the course of a lengthy meal, particularly in cramped quarters, we would have preferred a traditional seating situation. We did like being in the room surrounded by the wine, that was nice aesthetically. Service - So-So. Alternately felt rushed and ignored. Overall, this place clearly has great potential but it only earned three stars on our visit. The seating situation was the biggest detractor for us.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceRandyDined on 9/17/2014This was our first time eating at Lulu's for dinner. It was a special occasion, and the service was totally awesome. The restaurant matches the already awesome wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Wine Selectiontrump27Dined on 9/16/2014We loved the food, the food was outstanding. And we will go back for that. But the wine selection was out of this world. Being able to do the wine flights was an experience! We loved this place and will definitely be coming back when we visit Napa again.Special Features:
- Genuine, delicious and thoughfulNapaFoodsterDined on 9/14/2014Dined on a sunday. It wasnt packed but the staff knew everyone around us by name. Before we left, the manager Jordan even made sure to shake our hands and thank us by name. Service was very personal and even brought us a taste of a new Chardonnay just to share. Nice touch. Food was delicious. For $140, 3 courses with multiple glasses of wine and dessert. I highly recommend the watermelon salad and lamb chops. Glad to see this kind of dining in downtown. will definitely be back for dinner and brunch with friends. thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, nice ambianceTravelingmanVIPDined on 9/13/2014We really liked the food. The duck breast with carmelized onion/brie tart was delicious, if a small portion.Special Features:
- Even better than last time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We've been before and thought that the food seemed different... even better! We always come for the personalized service and great wines. But there's a new chef and the food is amazeing! We had perfect duck and lamb, the most delicious strawberry dessert and salmon sashimi. Does it get better than this in downtown? Nope! Word of caution: id say go on a weekday. We never go on weekends and of course there was a wait. The tourist crowd is a little rambunctious. food and experience was still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef created a personal experiencePaulaDined on 9/13/2014My family came up to Napa for dinner (my brother just got back from deployment, US Navy), so I wanted to take them somewhere special. I am a vegan so finding nice restaurants with Vegan options can be challenging. But 1313 was amazingly accommodating! I mentioned in advance that I was Vegan and when we got there they had planned several options. The chef even prepared a vegan dessert! Yet, they still had amazing carnivore options - my brother got the double rack of lamb and loved it. 1313 just became my new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- PretentiousCindyDined on 9/9/2014This place had great food and very good service but it was a bit pretentious. The food was fine for me but the 2 gentlemen in our party did not feel that the portions were enough to fill them up. The corn chowder was wonderful.Special Features:
- Very disappointingnmhteacherVIPDined on 9/6/2014Four of us (local residents) like to try out new places. We had reserved, and were seated promptly. Our order was taken (by a man who seemed to be maitre d', sommelier, and waiter all rolled into one), and our starters arrived in about 15 minutes (though the corn bisque was not as hot as it should have been). And hour later (!) our entrees had not arrived, and when we inquired we received apologies but no explanation. In fact, that same man told us that our meals were being "plated as we speak" and would be out "in seconds", but five minutes later, nothing had arrived. We did not, and do not, understand what was going on, so we left. We will not be back, and we would not recommend.
- Great food, service not so muchBlackrattusVIPDined on 9/6/2014We were very impressed by the creativity and caliber of the food! The corn pudding stuffed squash blossoms were just one example. The service started off decent, but went completely downhill. We sat for a long time with empty glasses and no server in sight - despite their very small dining area. The cheese plate was lovely, but didn't have enough bread/crackers, so we just sat looking at the cheese, waiting until we could get more bread- and waited and waited. I think we'll go back because the food was so great, but hesitantly because of the service.Special Features:
- Delicious, but small portionsFoodieInTrainingDined on 9/5/2014Very good food with beautiful presentation, but tiny, tiny portions and expensive for a small restaurant without much ambiance, waitress was not friendly. Menu was very limited.Special Features:
- Treat yourself here!KeylimepieguyDined on 8/31/2014Wow, great food! Owner was our waiter, a little TMI for each dish, but he had reason to gloat. Tall table chairs a bit uncomfortable. Small portions, limited entrees, but we all left well fed. Corn chowder, stuffed squash, steak, salmon, scallops, churros - YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standout Food, Wine, and ServiceFoodFanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Napa has a new star: 1313. Outstanding food, service, and one of the best wine programs in the US. These guys know food, wine, and service, but most importantly, hospitality. From the minute you walk in the door, you're greeted by people that genuinely care about your dinning experience. On top of that, the food looks, tastes, and is presented with care and respect. No reason to drive to Yountville or St. Helena to pay 5 times more. Outstanding restaurant. Try it, we know you'll like it.Special Features:
- Wonderful apps and wine listfairfieldfoodieDined on 8/29/2014I have been wanting to try this place for a while. Finally made it there as there are too many of my favorites in Napa that it's hard to deviate from what you already love. We just loved all if the appetizers there. Seasonally fresh and vibrant in its offerings. Their menu is limited but done to perfection. Main dishes were good as well as the desserts but the apps still standout in my mind. Wonderful wine list all done by appellations. Fun to view it that way and the prices were quite reasonable for the variety of wines they have. Would definitely go back for dining and of course, the wine bar that existed before the restaurant did. Bon appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at 1313 Main!NapaLiniVIPDined on 8/23/2014Really exceptional wines and food choices. Wish there were a couple more entree offerings but nice overall selections throughout menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EnotecaKirklandboyVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was at a high level. Crisp zucchini blossoms with elegant emulsions. Terrific lamb chops. Scallops likewise terrific. We will return.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceFrancesNapaVIPDined on 8/17/20141313 Main is a truly unique experience. The service truly excels, and it is so good from the moment you walk in the door until you leave. We had dinner and wines. They brought us an amuse bouche to start, and then we had our choices served at refreshingly well paced intervals. The sweet corn bisque was fantastic as was the presentation. We also had Poutine, chicken wings, amazing watermelon salad, and the lamb chop. The wines were also excellent - I had a Napa Rose, and it was done in the style I like of a French Rose from Provence. I cannot recommend this place enough - it is fantastic, and I want to come back on a Tuesday night as that is Veuve Cliquot night.Special Features:
- Excellent food, tiny servingsmilena925Dined on 8/10/2014I am sad to give it only 3 stars, because the food was excellent. But all of us felt like the portions were very small for a pretty high price. You get charged for bread too. Most of us had the watermelon salad, which was very tasty, but only four little cubes of melon and a few cherry tomato halves. Dinners: the salmon was excellent, served medium rare, you can really taste the ginger; flank steak, served in a cast iron pan, very juicy; lamb chop was very good too. But the portions were tiny and we all left not very full, especially considering the amount we paid.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedAdwileyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were told when we sat down that they were breaking in a new chef. That made me a little nervous! I was, however very pleasantly surprised. Everything about the dinner was excellent. The food was delicious. I'm still thinking about my quail appetizer. The waitress was helpful and fun. A very positive experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a dining experienceNapaFoodieDined on 8/9/2014We try new places and this was one we had heard about but never thought to try. The food was expensive and ok. The tables were not designed for dining and we were served after a large party was seated well after us.Special Features:
- True neighborhood gemrestaurantsnobVIPDined on 8/7/2014What a delightful find! North of the bustling downtown restaurant area adds to it's appeal. The atmosphere is elegant and intimate and trendy all at once. Plates of different sizes for different appetites a plus. Ordered poutine for an appetizer though our salads arrived first. Poutine was an adventure though not something I would re-order. Potatoes were not well salted for my taste. In contrast, the watermelon salad and the stuffed squash leaves were delicious with lots of flavor! My husband enjoyed the chicken fried quail. Very crips and flavorful. I has the macoroni and cheese. Wow! the flavors relly popped!!! Enjoyed a bottle of Towmey Cab with our meal which was also delightful and reasonabley priced. Can't wait to return for an encoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to food and serviceAnArtistEatsVIPDined on 8/7/2014Thoughtful food, thoughtfully presented. Hanger steak delicious. Perfectly cooked and with great combinations of flavors and textures from corn, avocado, grapes, crispy sweet potatoe threads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wines and food!hawk4seaDined on 8/3/2014We met friends here after a movie for a lovely meal. The food selections and wine offerings are spectacular. The service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary and everyone greeted us (host, waiter, and sommelier). Menu even had message and at the end of the night, gave us a signed card with wine flights coupon. Food was great, not too little but not overwhelming number of selections. Thoroughly enjoyed our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a wine barKMacVIPDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I enjoyed our dinner here. The wine flights are well put together. The bottle list is a bit overwhelming. We ordered from all three parts of the menu and enjoyed every dish. The gravy on the poutine was fantastic. Chicken fried quail was superb. The house made pastrami on the charcuterie had a nice smoky flavor. Pupusas and stuffed squash blossoms were delicious. Will definately recommend this to friends planning a visit next month.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & DrinksKGregory5VIPDined on 7/27/2014Amazing brunch, great outdoor seating area, loved the Dim Sum take on brunch.Special Features:
- Give it a try!NapaEaterVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was creative and fresh and well made. We ordered a lot of things to try from every category. For a foodie, it's well worth some of the less than desirable things that they can over come. It's a really fresh food style than many of the other places in Napa and that's a great thing. I'm super excited about the Sunday dim sum style brunch (American small plate concept). The place could easily get 4 or 5 stars if they didn't hover over you and keep trying to take your unfinished plates, got your order right (although they did adjust without much fuss), didn't have high boy tables that don't fit dinner plates and the wine gal and the waitress gal didn't both come to your table. I hope they will read this and make some changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBElocalDined on 7/25/2014We were on a trip to Napa for my husbands 50th birthday and we spent our first night in town dining at 1313 Main St. The had some excellent personal touches such as the menu's front page said "Happy Birthday Ron" and he was presented with a birthday card signed by the staff. Card had a complimentary wine flight "A $20.00 value". Food was great and the service too. Special mention to the wine specialist, she was friendly and knowledgeable and made a fantastic choice of wine to compliment the food we were eating. Would definitely return on future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/25/2014Extensive wine list, imaginative and delicious food. Super friendly and knowledgeable staff. Excellent!Special Features:
- Ecletic Taste, Major Wine stockOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014If you want a place with a huge wine selection, parings and discuss your knowledge of wine, this is the place. The food that comes from "Lulu's" Kitchen is delicious. The portions aren't grande but realize the portions are more about the taste than the quantity. The non-wine enthusiasts might be turned off once they enter however we ordered dinner w/o wine and it was fine. The macaroni and cheese is superb and has a unique taste. Don't think of your Mom's Mac and Cheese this is different. We enjoyed the lobster roll, but big buffet eaters beware, this is not that type of place with huge servings. Service was excellent. Go for the taste and if you are a wine connoisseur enjoy. I'm not a wine snob and I enjoyed my dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DayMaxfliteVIPDined on 7/18/2014Was our anniversary and 1313 made all the right moves in making our dinner a momentous occasion. Wine recommendation by Ada was spot on. Food was top shelf. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOaklanddinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014Stopped by for a pre-show meal. Was happy to find amazing food and great service. The wine list is amazing - almost overwhelming. The California Asada was amazing and the Caprese Salad was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great change of paceCajunfanDined on 7/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at 1313. We ordered from the small and medium plates several dishes and paired these with wine flights. Both the food and the wines were excellent. I recommend sharing the wine flights and the small plates. The service exceeded expectations and made our evening even more enjoyable. Make sure you order the squash dish and the strawberry shortcake for dessert. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014I dine and don't usually write reviews, but this place is something else. The food was great. It's not the best thing I've had, but the tasting menu was quite good. The service was over the top. It reminds me of Bouchon, but less stuffy and more genuine. Everyone spoke to us using our last names - even the busser. Our server was fantastic, and found out it was our honeymoon. One at a time, the entire staff came to congratulate us. They made us a card, the sommelier brought champagne then they brought us some chocolate before we left. Jordan, the owner or manager chatted with us and everyone around all night while directing the staff. We watched him walk every guest to the door as they finished and my wife even hugged him. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.