1313 Main Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://1313main.com/
- Phone: 7072581313x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sun, Tue-Thur 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 4:00pm-11:00pm
Happy Hour: Tue-Fri 4:00pm-6:00pm
Brunch: Sun 10:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Californian
- Executive Chef: Adam Ross
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Locals' Night - Every Tuesday night from open to close: $10 Veuve Clicquot "Yellow Label," $25 Krug "Grande Cuvee" & Food Happy Hour All Night.
A word from 1313 Main
Now three years old, 1313 Main & Lulu's Kitchen is a California-focused restaurant with a cellar of 1,900 labels, 50 wines by the glass and a focus on genuine, precise hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
1313 Main - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
1313 Main reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (53)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (29)romantic (29)special occasion (27)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (16)late-night find (11)hot spot (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great food at 1313 Main!NapaLiniVIPDined on 8/23/2014Really exceptional wines and food choices. Wish there were a couple more entree offerings but nice overall selections throughout menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EnotecaKirklandboyVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was at a high level. Crisp zucchini blossoms with elegant emulsions. Terrific lamb chops. Scallops likewise terrific. We will return.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceFrancesNapaVIPDined on 8/17/20141313 Main is a truly unique experience. The service truly excels, and it is so good from the moment you walk in the door until you leave. We had dinner and wines. They brought us an amuse bouche to start, and then we had our choices served at refreshingly well paced intervals. The sweet corn bisque was fantastic as was the presentation. We also had Poutine, chicken wings, amazing watermelon salad, and the lamb chop. The wines were also excellent - I had a Napa Rose, and it was done in the style I like of a French Rose from Provence. I cannot recommend this place enough - it is fantastic, and I want to come back on a Tuesday night as that is Veuve Cliquot night.Special Features:
- Excellent food, tiny servingsmilena925Dined on 8/10/2014I am sad to give it only 3 stars, because the food was excellent. But all of us felt like the portions were very small for a pretty high price. You get charged for bread too. Most of us had the watermelon salad, which was very tasty, but only four little cubes of melon and a few cherry tomato halves. Dinners: the salmon was excellent, served medium rare, you can really taste the ginger; flank steak, served in a cast iron pan, very juicy; lamb chop was very good too. But the portions were tiny and we all left not very full, especially considering the amount we paid.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedAdwileyVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were told when we sat down that they were breaking in a new chef. That made me a little nervous! I was, however very pleasantly surprised. Everything about the dinner was excellent. The food was delicious. I'm still thinking about my quail appetizer. The waitress was helpful and fun. A very positive experience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a dining experienceNapaFoodieDined on 8/9/2014We try new places and this was one we had heard about but never thought to try. The food was expensive and ok. The tables were not designed for dining and we were served after a large party was seated well after us.Special Features:
- True neighborhood gemrestaurantsnobVIPDined on 8/7/2014What a delightful find! North of the bustling downtown restaurant area adds to it's appeal. The atmosphere is elegant and intimate and trendy all at once. Plates of different sizes for different appetites a plus. Ordered poutine for an appetizer though our salads arrived first. Poutine was an adventure though not something I would re-order. Potatoes were not well salted for my taste. In contrast, the watermelon salad and the stuffed squash leaves were delicious with lots of flavor! My husband enjoyed the chicken fried quail. Very crips and flavorful. I has the macoroni and cheese. Wow! the flavors relly popped!!! Enjoyed a bottle of Towmey Cab with our meal which was also delightful and reasonabley priced. Can't wait to return for an encoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to food and serviceAnArtistEatsVIPDined on 8/7/2014Thoughtful food, thoughtfully presented. Hanger steak delicious. Perfectly cooked and with great combinations of flavors and textures from corn, avocado, grapes, crispy sweet potatoe threads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wines and food!hawk4seaDined on 8/3/2014We met friends here after a movie for a lovely meal. The food selections and wine offerings are spectacular. The service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary and everyone greeted us (host, waiter, and sommelier). Menu even had message and at the end of the night, gave us a signed card with wine flights coupon. Food was great, not too little but not overwhelming number of selections. Thoroughly enjoyed our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a wine barKMacDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I enjoyed our dinner here. The wine flights are well put together. The bottle list is a bit overwhelming. We ordered from all three parts of the menu and enjoyed every dish. The gravy on the poutine was fantastic. Chicken fried quail was superb. The house made pastrami on the charcuterie had a nice smoky flavor. Pupusas and stuffed squash blossoms were delicious. Will definately recommend this to friends planning a visit next month.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & DrinksKGregory5VIPDined on 7/27/2014Amazing brunch, great outdoor seating area, loved the Dim Sum take on brunch.Special Features:
- Give it a try!NapaEaterVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was creative and fresh and well made. We ordered a lot of things to try from every category. For a foodie, it's well worth some of the less than desirable things that they can over come. It's a really fresh food style than many of the other places in Napa and that's a great thing. I'm super excited about the Sunday dim sum style brunch (American small plate concept). The place could easily get 4 or 5 stars if they didn't hover over you and keep trying to take your unfinished plates, got your order right (although they did adjust without much fuss), didn't have high boy tables that don't fit dinner plates and the wine gal and the waitress gal didn't both come to your table. I hope they will read this and make some changes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerBElocalDined on 7/25/2014We were on a trip to Napa for my husbands 50th birthday and we spent our first night in town dining at 1313 Main St. The had some excellent personal touches such as the menu's front page said "Happy Birthday Ron" and he was presented with a birthday card signed by the staff. Card had a complimentary wine flight "A $20.00 value". Food was great and the service too. Special mention to the wine specialist, she was friendly and knowledgeable and made a fantastic choice of wine to compliment the food we were eating. Would definitely return on future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/25/2014Extensive wine list, imaginative and delicious food. Super friendly and knowledgeable staff. Excellent!Special Features:
- Ecletic Taste, Major Wine stockOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/25/2014If you want a place with a huge wine selection, parings and discuss your knowledge of wine, this is the place. The food that comes from "Lulu's" Kitchen is delicious. The portions aren't grande but realize the portions are more about the taste than the quantity. The non-wine enthusiasts might be turned off once they enter however we ordered dinner w/o wine and it was fine. The macaroni and cheese is superb and has a unique taste. Don't think of your Mom's Mac and Cheese this is different. We enjoyed the lobster roll, but big buffet eaters beware, this is not that type of place with huge servings. Service was excellent. Go for the taste and if you are a wine connoisseur enjoy. I'm not a wine snob and I enjoyed my dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DayMaxfliteVIPDined on 7/18/2014Was our anniversary and 1313 made all the right moves in making our dinner a momentous occasion. Wine recommendation by Ada was spot on. Food was top shelf. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOaklanddinerVIPDined on 7/13/2014Stopped by for a pre-show meal. Was happy to find amazing food and great service. The wine list is amazing - almost overwhelming. The California Asada was amazing and the Caprese Salad was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great change of paceCajunfanDined on 7/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at 1313. We ordered from the small and medium plates several dishes and paired these with wine flights. Both the food and the wines were excellent. I recommend sharing the wine flights and the small plates. The service exceeded expectations and made our evening even more enjoyable. Make sure you order the squash dish and the strawberry shortcake for dessert. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014I dine and don't usually write reviews, but this place is something else. The food was great. It's not the best thing I've had, but the tasting menu was quite good. The service was over the top. It reminds me of Bouchon, but less stuffy and more genuine. Everyone spoke to us using our last names - even the busser. Our server was fantastic, and found out it was our honeymoon. One at a time, the entire staff came to congratulate us. They made us a card, the sommelier brought champagne then they brought us some chocolate before we left. Jordan, the owner or manager chatted with us and everyone around all night while directing the staff. We watched him walk every guest to the door as they finished and my wife even hugged him. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014This place used to be more of a bar or tasting room, but it's so much more now. My friend encouraged me to come with him and have a light dinner. But the staff was extremely welcoming and the food looked great, so we stayed. We got the tasting menu that Breanne recommended and were so happy we did! 5 courses for $65 was a value, while the food was delicious. Make sure you get the wine pairings here. They were fantastic. We even had a 1995 German Riesling and 1985 flora springs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PDanielozPDanielozDined on 7/5/2014Great Napa venue to sample and indulge in the regions great wines, as well as those from the Old World, whilst eating great food. My wife and I came for our wedding anniversary and had the perfect night to remember. Sampling the wine flights alongside the food was a great experience, and on the evening a great magnum of 1985 local Trilogy was opened and offered by the glass - a rare occasion at a restaurant or wine bar and made the night all the more memorable. Will definitely be coming back soon. PaulSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!NapaMomDined on 7/5/2014The food was great but really it was the service that made the experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for wine with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed the extensive list of wines by the glass as well as the flights of spirits for after dinner. The food is fine; the menu is cleverer than the execution of the dishes lives up to -- but we had a very nice night and got to try some new things.Special Features:
- Great squash flowersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014We had a dinner there and tried the chef's tasting menu. It was amazing! The best dish were the filled squash flowers. I highly recommend to visit this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch BusteatsoutDined on 6/29/2014They have been advertising the Bloody Mary bar at brunch in magazines, etc., and I thought this an awesome idea. We were one of the first tables seated and we didn't get the bar service until after our meal was served. And they were not the best Bloodies I have had. The food was on time and delicious! Love the Crab Cake Benedict. Didn't try the 'dim sum' type breakfast, but not sure I was into it. Maybe a better idea for cocktail hour than for brunch?? Just kind of tacky to have a $3 sign on a tray full of oysters passing by. They were obviously short staffed with a full restaurant of clients. I felt sorry for the two servers because they were running hard while this one guy moved slow with the bar. Painful to watch.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining in Downtown NapaBrianDined on 6/22/2014I could not recommend this restaurant highly enough. We went here for our first anniversary, and it will be one that we will not forget. From the moment we walked in, the staff took great care of us. Jordan was very helpful and he was enthusiastic about the food that the restaurant was serving. He and the chef go to the market every day to determine what ingredients they will use for their menu. The tasting menu is the way to go because it provides multiple courses of creatively prepared food. Our server even brought us a special dessert and champagne for our anniversary. My only knock is how expensive it is, but definitely worth it.Special Features:
- If I'd wanted dim sum ...Other1VIPDined on 6/22/2014The food is excellent and the service is very attentive. The only problem is that they only put a fraction of what they actually offer on the menu, and the rest is offered "dim sum style" on plates that they walk around with. So you don't find out what you could have had until you're almost full from what you ordered off the menu. I guess you're supposed to order drinks, and then see what comes by, or something, but it could all just be on a daily menu.Special Features:
- Great food & wineNader128Dined on 6/21/2014My wife I went there for dinner and truly enjoyed the food, service and the winSpecial Features:
- Wow what an evening!!idigdirtDined on 6/21/2014We picked this restaurant from the menu online, found it interesting, but had no idea how fabulous the food would be. We all ordered the Chef's Tasting dinner and we were all amazed at the combination of foods, the presentation but more importantly the taste. The staff is so attentive as well especially Brianna. We were greeted with care from front to back. It was a Birthday celebration and the menus all said Happy Birthday on them, there was a card presented and a glass of champagne for all 4 of us. We would all go back again in a heartbeat, such a fun fine dining experience!!Special Features:
- Fantastic FindMike4wineDined on 6/21/2014My Girlfriend and I had the best early dinner at this Gem of a find. We had heard quite a bit about it and decided to check it out. What an upscale very Metro feeling place. The wine list is over the top and we just found they were awarded the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and judging by their wine list they definitely deserved it. We enjoyed their tasting menu.. which we thought was a fabulous deal. Food paired with the Sommelier's wine picks. Great choice and quality....Lastly the service is definitely 5 star...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being surrounded by WinesWinenonymousVIPDined on 6/19/2014What an awesome wine cellar. It was great to have the entire wall of wines within arms reach while we dined. Great conversation piece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New neighborhood gemLindajsweetpeaVIPDined on 6/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed 1313, and as locals , it appears to cater more to locals, which we like. Service was very attentive. Wine list is very pricey, and again, since we are locals we know the price of local wines. We felt that since it was more a wine bar we would not take our own wine, but buy theirs. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Tasty & Vibrant FoodALzwineDined on 6/17/2014The food was outstanding the new menu is superb. Food is tasty and vibrant. Excellent and knowledgeable staff. A delight to dine there. The wine list is extensive.. impressiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedNoReservationsVIPDined on 6/15/2014While the service was professional, the food was very disappointing. Textures, acids, sweetness all completely off. Too bad. I assume you might just drop by for a glass of wine for a better experience.
- Mother's Day HitParliamo1Dined on 5/11/2014There are so many restaurants to choose from in Napa. This is a keeper! I will return again & again. Blueberry sausage corn dogs. Amazing egg nachos (they call them huevos rancheros). The BEST caviar deviled egg. Hash with short ribs. Chicken tenders. I honestly can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/11/2014Great Service, Unique American Dim Sum presentation. Friendly StaffSpecial Features:
- Elegance in the wine countrywinofoodieDined on 5/11/2014I love this place. The staff is superb.. Excellent service very knowledgeable. The American style Dim Sum was great for brunch. I opted to just be adventuresome and go with the choices coming out of the kitchen. Loved the blueberry sausage corn dob, braised rib hash and the potato skin with duck confit and quail egg. The Bloody Mary Rolling Bar was the most creative I have seen and yummy. All in all a wonderful experience. I think this will definitely be my Sunday Brunch hangout. I imagine dinners are fantastic as well. Will be trying in the near future!Special Features:
- Great Wine and Food ExperienceWearefoodiesDined on 5/9/2014Great place for Foodies! The food was innovative and superbly prepared. Lots of creative small plates-tapas style. Fantastic wine selection, including interestingly composed flights of wine tasting. A foodies delight. The only distraction for us was the high tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The first disappointment was the tables. They were bar tables. No booths. No normal height tables. You either sat perched up high or down low on very hard banquettes around coffee tables. After a lengthy wait I ordered a glass of Viognier. They brought me a glass of Chardonnay and insisted it was Viognier. Our server picked up the glass, looked at it, and said it was Viognier. Then she smelled it and again, said it was. Viognier. It was all butter. No flower. Then after another lengthy wait she came to take our order. The menu was creative but limited. We ordered two small bites. After another lengthy wait they brought the bites. One of them we ordered. The other...we didn't. They finally brought out the second. It didn't get any better.