131 Main - Dilworth
1315 East Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
131 Main - Dilworth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.131-main.com/
- Phone: 7043430131
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wine
A word from 131 Main - Dilworth
We define Fresh - 131 MAIN offers fresh food and an inviting setting to meet friends, family and business associates. Join us for lunch or dinner and enjoy a welcoming atmosphere and unique offerings. Stop by today to discover a new favorite!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
131 Main - Dilworth - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
131 Main - Dilworth reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (73)neighborhood gem (70)romantic (67)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (38)great for outdoor dining (34)notable wine list (30)great for brunch (23)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great start...bad finishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The start to our meal was good. The appetizers were tasty and well presented. Before we finished the salads were dropped off so we felt a bit rushed. I had to ask the server to take the menus off the table when they dropped the salads off. Salads were good. Three of the four ordered the ribeye. No one's steak was prepared as ordered. Mine was the most over cooked. I ordered medium rare and it was medium well. The manager brought a new steak and waited while I cut into it. Again medium well. Her response was to ask me to cut into it in a different spot. The managers were concerned and attentive the server was not. Overall disappointed. We've eaten at the Cornelius location and had an excellent time. We'll pick that location next time.
- Great Meal with matching serviceSheareeVIPDined on 8/30/2014I had a single crab cake entree with fries & added slaw. He had a half rack of ribs with the same sides. We were both starving. So this was a perfect place. Not at all crowded this time of the day. Food as always great tasting. My only complaint...I could have sworn I smelled cigarette smoke. Yet, there is a no smoking law in NC inside restaurants. And no one was smoking outside to have brought in the smell. Very odd. But the food was still good.Special Features:
- great lunchSheareeVIPDined on 8/17/2014We chose to split a full rack of ribs with an extra side of fries. As always service was great & meal perfect. I always enjoy dining here, specifically this location. The parking can be a bit tricky certain times of day. But the service is great. It's always clean. And this location using open table!Special Features:
- Did not receive my pointsAlliVIPDined on 8/16/2014I did NOT receive my points for this dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pushy servicelingo14Dined on 8/11/2014I had not even finished my first course when the waitress (trainee in company of two waitresses) appeared with the main course. As I struggled to finish my salad, she simply dropped the plate with the main course onto the corner of our table . . without any comment . . . and all three turned their back to us and left. - Extremely impolite and unprofessional. - I reviewed the incident with another guest and he agreed. The staff is untrained + far too pushy - impolite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food/Friendly staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Great food and staff was very attentive. My wife and I had the dinner for two. Great value if you plan to have wine with your dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome food & great ambiancepurplepalaceDined on 8/1/2014Everything on the menu is delicious! I love the baked chicken and the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerbankgirlDined on 8/1/2014We had a 7:45 pm reservation and had to wait until 8:10 pm to get seated. They gave us lunch menus by mistake. The waitress gave us the wrong bill and it was much less than ours. We were honest and told her to rerun the bill. The food was good but the mistakes took away from itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff could not be nicer or helpfulJim3Dined on 7/31/2014Great professional service. Very friendly and knowledgeable about good details and drinks. Good was wonderful. Bar staff also super attentive. Ambiance is a plus factorSpecial Features:
- Great option for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014They had a great menu option "for two," which included a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate 29worthyprimeDined on 7/27/2014Celebrated my sons 29th birthday @131. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. Heard a lot about the cornbread which was great, but my prime rib was absolutely amazing. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining at 131 Main-DilworthFranceneDined on 7/27/2014I dined at the South Charlotte location a couple of years ago and decided to give this location a try. We were a group of six, and I wanted to make sure there was something to meet the needs of everyone's palate (one person was gluten free). 131 Main did not disappoint. The food was seasoned and prepared just right and the portions were to our liking (not skimpy, but definitely enough to fill you and perhaps have a little doggie bag). We went during Charlotte Restaurant week but this place will go on our dining choice list for anytime dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why hadn't I been here sooner?iluvdateniteDined on 7/26/2014I was pleasantly surprised at how good all the food was. You can't go wrong no matter what you order. The servers were nice and knowledgable however slow refilling our drinks. But I can over look that because of the cornbread and keylime pie alone. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menusidesDined on 7/26/2014Hated the fact that the diner for two was rendered down to certain items on the menu. No freedom of choice. Was charged extra for a item not on the requirements for dinner for two. Wine was late coming to the table.Special Features:
- Quite nice dining experienceClaire001Dined on 7/26/2014Dined w 131 twice during restaurant week - both meals were excellent. We ate on the outdoor covered patio and although it was lovely to be outside, the patio is located beside the busy East Boulevard so the view leaves a bit to be desired. Food was excellent, large portions (enough even to be taken home) and a fairly good selection of imports. The waitstaff is attentive, perhaps a bit too, but they ensure you are taken care of in a timely manner. Overall: would recommend a visit and we will return as well.Special Features:
- Family fungreatDined on 7/26/2014We were all satisfied to the tee. It was good to the last bit!Special Features:
- Not my usual experienceCerveloDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant was very loud. We did not realize it was restaurant week or else we likely would have chosen to attend this restaurant at another time. The service was fair. We were seated quickly as we had a reservation but the server continued to forget to bring our order such as the appetizer; then the soup which ended up coming out with the entree. We waited about 30 minutes after finishing the appetizer and then the soup and entrees were brought out together. I have eaten at this particular location before and was impressed which is why I treated my boyfriend to his birthday dinner at this restaurant location. I have said many great things about this restaurant and was less than impressed during this particular dining experience.Special Features:
- Good Food, No DessertfoodmeDined on 7/24/2014The food and experience was great despite not receiving the dessert that was supposed to come with our meal. We went during restaurant week and did not receive the dessert that we were told was going to be bagged up so we could enjoy it at home. Besides that, the meal was delicious and the experience was nice.Special Features:
- YumYummyDined on 7/24/2014Cajun chicken pasta was delicious and so was the main salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- table4twoDined on 7/23/2014Excellent experience. Tried this restaurant for the first time during Restaurant Week. Nice menu selection. Great food. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerCharlesDined on 7/23/2014Excellent family dinner for 4 people. Food excellent. Service great. Prices reasonable. Plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014Being new to Charlotte, I took advantage of Restaurant Week to try out several places. I have to say that this was one of our favorites. Wonderful food and very good service! Portion sizes are generous, so I actually got to enjoy my prime rib leftovers for lunch the next day. Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Just OKPuffThaddyDined on 7/22/2014Disappointed again. Food is fine. Really want to like this neighborhood restaurant. Fish taco shells greasy, not crisp. Shrimp and grits weird- sauce more like that orange queso you get on nachos at a basketball game. Don't understand the multiple waiter system. Everything just a little off-kilter at this price point. Nolen Kitchen on Selwyn much better quality. On the upside, 1/2 price bottles of wine on Tuesdays is a plus.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014I brought my mom here for her birthday. We had reservations and was taken directly to our table upon arrival. The waiter was a little slow getting to our table, but once our order was taken service went quick. I was really pleased with the meal, my mom said "This is the best she has had in awhile". She is already planning out next night out here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!TarheelcutieDined on 7/21/2014This place had wonderful food and outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great ...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Food was great , the waitress -Julie was great but the hostess had a bad attitude!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no table readyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/20/2014Had a 6:30 reservation. Plenty of open tables but we had to wait 20 minutes for them to seat us. Do not know if it was a server problem but they had 2-3 people working the hostess stand. Maybe they could have put one of them on tables.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014This was our second visit-really great food, service and love the decor. However, we were seated near the kitchen area and it was rather noisy but I would still recommend 131 Main to all my friends!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The desserts were delicious! I would definitely recommend getting the cornbread. I loved the lighting in the room restaurant! I had a very nice evening!Special Features:
- 131 Main on EastLoveyDined on 7/19/2014Excellent food, great service and complimentary valet parking. What more could one ask for. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionsEZdinersDined on 7/18/2014-Valet parking awesome -Arrived early for reservation, no problem -Server took our drink order then never came back! 10 minutes passed before another server came by.....break time? Explanation would have been nice -Best prime rib ever! -Our (2nd) server was awesome! -Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunch was fabulous!SallieDined on 7/15/2014We celebrated my friend's birthday and we started with a light, refreshing cocktail. Delicious! Then we both ordered the Ahi tuna salad and it was the BEST I've ever had. Both my friend and I were amazed at how good everything was, right down to the Key Lime Pie. I will order that again, and keep returning! Compliments to the Chef.Special Features:
- retiredVIPDined on 7/13/2014The restaurant was not at all busy, but there were frequent pans clagging and kitchen noise that was disturbing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Great Dinner with very reasonable prices! Service is always great. Many food choices and large wine list.Special Features:
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Prime Rib was on special that night, and oh boy was it special! Some of the best I've ever had and my wife got the filet mignon, which was phenomenal as well.Special Features:
- great lunchSheareeVIPDined on 7/4/2014We made our reservations while in transit and were a few minutes late. But our reservation was held. The restaurant was fairly empty. But the service and food were excellent as it has been in the past. We noticed a few new menu items on the lunch menu. But I do adore those crab cakes and fries. So I stuck with my tasty usual. My guest on the other hand had the smokey burger (Canadian bacon, jack cheese, chipotle sauce, & grilled onions). It was different -never had a burger with Canadian bacon -but good. If you're there, give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SearchforSamDined on 6/28/2014131 Main in Dilworth is a terrific "go-to" option. Always good food, good service, comfortable and comforting ambiance. The bar is a strong feature, but not obtrusive and the wait staff are consistently helpful and cheerful without being intrusive. It is a great place worthy of consideration for any occasion. It is especially welcoming when you want a quiet, relaxed dinner, a couple of drinks, or both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary DinnerDebbieDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I enjoyed celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary at 131 Main - Dilworth. The food, service and ambience were excellent. We look forward to returning for another wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My review of 131 Main, DilworthGinger1955Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I met some friends at 131 Main on Saturday, June 21st. Tom and I had traveled all the way from Spartanburg, SC and our friends came from the China Grove/Landis area. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal and visit! The food was delicious and reasonably priced. I do so love and enjoy seeing that part of Charlotte, as I used to live in Charlotte before moving to South Carolina. We will, most definitely, visit 131 Main in Dilworth again some time...hopefully SOON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Apps - OK saladOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Our double dip app was delicious, but my Metropolis salad was ho-hum. The chicken was actually pretty gross - almost seemed to be canned chicken?Special Features: